Commercecomet24
02-09-2023, 11:52 PM
Awesome! He makes us proud!

Really Clark?
02-10-2023, 12:19 AM
That's Outstanding!!

Dawg_Lover
02-10-2023, 01:43 AM
I cried through his whole, magnificent speech. But, I am a girl, so what are ya gonna do. 🤷*♀️
What an achievement, and well deserved!
Congratulations!

SaintDawg
02-10-2023, 06:49 AM
Amazing! Always doing good, that Dak! Proud of ya, man!

William Tecumsah Sherman
02-10-2023, 07:55 AM
That was an incredible video and speech!

Cowbell
02-10-2023, 08:17 AM
At the end of the day, some things are bigger than winning.... Lebron should take notes

basedog
02-10-2023, 08:38 AM
At the end of the day, some things are bigger than winning.... Lebron should take notes

I will be glad when Lebron retires, not a fan of his crap!

StarkVegasSteve
02-10-2023, 10:18 AM

Really? I was always taught you play to win the game. I can understand if you hate on his politics, btw you would hate the politics of one Dak Prescott as well, but LeBron James is a top 4 player of all time. Bill Russell was just as outspoken, probably more, and no one gives him shit.

Now to the main topic, the speech Dak gave was very good. I thought he seemed a bit nervous but overall he seemed to speak with confidence. A great representative for Mississippi State. I may not think he is the best QB at times but I would go to war with that kid any day of the week.

basedog
02-10-2023, 10:33 AM
Really? I was always taught you play to win the game. I can understand if you hate on his politics, btw you would hate the politics of one Dak Prescott as well, but LeBron James is a top 4 player of all time. Bill Russell was just as outspoken, probably more, and no one gives him shit.

Now to the main topic, the speech Dak gave was very good. I thought he seemed a bit nervous but overall he seemed to speak with confidence. A great representative for Mississippi State. I may not think he is the best QB at times but I would go to war with that kid any day of the week.

I have never been a fan of Lebron, he is self-absorbed. It's all about him first and team second, big ass crybaby. Btw, I care less about his politics. He isn't in my top 4 players all time.
JMO.

msstate7
02-10-2023, 10:40 AM
I have never been a fan of Lebron, he is self-absorbed. It's all about him first and team second, big ass crybaby. Btw, I care less about his politics. He isn't in my top 4 players all time.
JMO.

I don't know. Lebron's assist totals show he's a team player. He's a douche off the court it seems, but I don't watch sports for role models, so whatever

ArrowDawg
02-10-2023, 11:20 AM

Nobody cares about their personal politics. LeBron has made an ass out of himself on multiple occasions because he runs to social media and jumps to conclusions about things before he has all of the facts. I know a lot of other people do that too, but the difference is that he influences the way a lot of others think because of the nature of his celebrity status.

Cowbell
02-10-2023, 11:25 AM

ESPN will then make a reality show of following him around.

Cowbell
02-10-2023, 11:27 AM

Why would I hate his politics. I live in the DFW - dude is actually very positively influential without being political

Cowbell
02-10-2023, 11:29 AM
Nobody cares about their personal politics. LeBron has made an ass out of himself on multiple occasions because he runs to social media and jumps to conclusions about things before he has all of the facts. I know a lot of other people do that too, but the difference is that he influences the way a lot of others think because of the nature of his celebrity status.

This - Lebrun lacks any amount of humility or self- awareness. He is not a leader of men. That's why his teams have gotten worse lately. He has let his ability get to his head.

StarkVegasSteve
02-10-2023, 11:30 AM

But all that is off the court. On the court he is something we see once in a generation. And as mstate7 said I am not watching sports for role models.

R2Dawg
02-10-2023, 12:27 PM
I don't know. Lebron's assist totals show he's a team player. He's a douche off the court it seems, but I don't watch sports for role models, so whatever

Well he will obviously pass the ball but he is self absorbed. He is a douche on the court as well.

R2Dawg
02-10-2023, 12:29 PM
But all that is off the court. On the court he is something we see once in a generation. And as mstate7 said I am not watching sports for role models.

Yeah he is. Did you see that 2 yr old temper tantrum on the court the other day? Never seen anything like that in any basketball generation.

StarkVegasSteve
02-10-2023, 01:00 PM
Yeah he is. Did you see that 2 yr old temper tantrum on the court the other day? Never seen anything like that in any basketball generation.

He also got the crap knocked out of him in the air. It was an obvious foul. And temper tantrums have always been thrown. Bird threw the ball at Bill Laimbeer in the 88 ECF because he was mad. Jordan threw tantrums every time they had to play the Pacers because Reggie got under his skin.

StarkVegasSteve
02-10-2023, 01:04 PM
Well he will obviously pass the ball but he is self absorbed. He is a douche on the court as well.

Umm so was Michael Jordan. Great players are douches. Bird, Magic, Isaiah, Reggie, Kobe, Shaq, Barkley, KD, Curry, Ja. They are all douches on the court because they believe they are the best player in the world. Being nice gets you nowhere in major professional sports.

BrunswickDawg
02-10-2023, 01:08 PM
He also got the crap knocked out of him in the air. It was an obvious foul. And temper tantrums have always been thrown. Bird threw the ball at Bill Laimbeer in the 88 ECF because he was mad. Jordan threw tantrums every time they had to play the Pacers because Reggie got under his skin.

The difference now and then is you could have a brawl between the Celts and Pistons over something like that AND NO ONE WOULD GET T'D UP. The nba let you settle it and move on. No fights are tolerated now so all they can do is whine.

BrunswickDawg
02-10-2023, 01:09 PM
Umm so was Michael Jordan. Great players are douches. Bird, Magic, Isaiah, Reggie, Kobe, Shaq, Barkley, KD, Curry, Ja. They are all douches on the court because they believe they are the best player in the world. Being nice gets you nowhere in major professional sports.

No one in basketball history has been as big of a douche as Isaiah Thomas. They wouldn't let him play on the Dream Team because he was such a douche.

StarkVegasSteve
02-10-2023, 01:14 PM
No one in basketball history has been as big of a douche as Isaiah Thomas. They wouldn't let him play on the Dream Team because he was such a douche.

Unfortunately I wasn't around back then but I've always wondered if it had more to do with Isaiah and more to do with how much everyone hated Laimbeer and Isaiah just got caught up in it. I think it's safe to say that Laimbeer was hated more than Thomas was back then.

StarkVegasSteve
02-10-2023, 01:15 PM
The difference now and then is you could have a brawl between the Celts and Pistons over something like that AND NO ONE WOULD GET T'D UP. The nba let you settle it and move on. No fights are tolerated now so all they can do is whine.

Well Malice at The Palace is the reason that had to end. Artest and Jackson going after fans was the straw that broke the camel's back.

BrunswickDawg
02-10-2023, 01:29 PM
Unfortunately I wasn't around back then but I've always wondered if it had more to do with Isaiah and more to do with how much everyone hated Laimbeer and Isaiah just got caught up in it. I think it's safe to say that Laimbeer was hated more than Thomas was back then.

They all hated the Pistons - they beefed with everyone. But, they respected Laimbeer, Salley, The Worm, and Dumars. But, as Magic Johnson said "Isaiah killed his own chances when it came to the Olympics. No one on that team wanted to play with him."

basedog
02-10-2023, 01:32 PM

MJ >>Lebron, MJ was not only a great offensive player but was one of the great defensive players all time.

parabrave
02-10-2023, 01:35 PM

I would've like to see LeChoke go against Lambier, Bird of Rodeman.

maroonmania
02-10-2023, 01:55 PM

Yep, I'm not a fan of racism no matter which side it comes from.

State82
02-10-2023, 02:02 PM
How did a thread started about a fine gentleman, athlete and great MSU ambassador like Dak turn into comments about a bunch of NBA dipsticks. This is all about Dak and one of the most prestigious awards given to a professional athlete.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2023, 02:04 PM
How did a thread started about a fine gentleman, athlete and great MSU ambassador like Dak turn into comments about a bunch of NBA dipsticks. This is all about Dak and one of the most prestigious awards given to a professional athlete.

Amazing isnt it? All we need to make this thread complete is kb21 to come here and tell us that the cowboys need to throw more!

basedog
02-10-2023, 02:27 PM

LOL, well you are correct, so forgive me, Dak is a great!

State82
02-10-2023, 02:31 PM
LOL, well you are correct, so forgive me, Dak is a great!

Ha! No worries, base! Just wanted to re-focus on the subject at hand.

DownwardDawg
02-10-2023, 02:43 PM
Way to ruin a thread about the outstanding character of Dak Prescott.

Cowbell
02-10-2023, 05:28 PM
Guys - I apologize- this one's on me - it was more directed at Lebrun being mad when he wasn't asked his thoughts on Jerry Jones being a teenage racist and Dak taking the high road when asked about it.

And honestly I was just trying to make KB21 proud by derailing a thread before he could make a comment...

BeardoMSU
02-10-2023, 05:48 PM
Ffs, y'all...

...shits Neverending

I'm so happy for Dak. He deserves this honor so much and it'll be a testament to his character forever. Can't wait to see the patch on his jersey next season.

Dawg_Lover
02-10-2023, 07:23 PM
IMO. it is one of the most, if not THE most prestigious award, in football today. The benchmark of rare character, self discipline, commitment and dedication to sacrifice personal time is only found in a select few genuinely selfless people.

EdwardDrayton
02-10-2023, 09:18 PM

^^^^^^^

Pancho
02-11-2023, 06:18 AM
Amazing isnt it? All we need to make this thread complete is kb21 to come here and tell us that the cowboys need to throw more!

mucho rep to commerce- spilled my coffee