Just beat the crud out of Florida at their own court. Congrats to them

Cowbell
02-09-2023, 11:01 PM
Just beat the crud out of Florida at their own court. Congrats to them

When's the last time we had both men's and women's in tournament contention

parabrave
02-09-2023, 11:55 PM

Well according to Lunadi we wayyy down the list. But winning takes care of everything/

Quaoarsking
02-10-2023, 12:11 AM

5 seed in men's, 1 seed in women's

KentuckyDawg13
02-10-2023, 10:14 AM
Covid ruined a lot of things, but Liberty basketball beating a #5 seed MSU in the first round was the beginning of the end.

StarkVegasSteve
02-10-2023, 12:17 PM
Covid ruined a lot of things, but Liberty basketball beating a #5 seed MSU in the first round was the beginning of the end.

I still get irrationally pissed about that game. We were up 8 with 6 minutes to go and went into the Stansbury Stall. They then hit us with a 21-9 run to close it out.

PGHBulldogBG
02-10-2023, 12:31 PM
I still get irrationally pissed about that game. We were up 8 with 6 minutes to go and went into the Stansbury Stall. They then hit us with a 21-9 run to close it out.

That was one of many Howland specials. Our talent may have dropped but this team has been much more fun to watch, even if we don’t make the NCAA. Most fun I’ve had watching Miss State basketball since 2004

R2Dawg
02-10-2023, 12:34 PM
The girls have potential to make a sweet 16.

Jordan is our best player. The two guards Smith and Johnson are really good. The Johnson girl might be really special in coming years. This team needs another big like T or even Okorie next year.

R2Dawg
02-10-2023, 12:36 PM
That was one of many Howland specials. Our talent may have dropped but this team has been much more fun to watch, even if we don’t make the NCAA. Most fun I’ve had watching Miss State basketball since 2004

Total true statement here. We don't win them all but I like watching this team play. Been a long time, I think we had a few good one's after 04. Bost was beginning of the end.

StarkVegasSteve
02-10-2023, 01:20 PM
Total true statement here. We don't win them all but I like watching this team play. Been a long time, I think we had a few good one's after 04. Bost was beginning of the end.

The day we signed Renardo Sidney my dad made a statement that would be prophetic. "He's either going to win Rick a national championship or get him fired". Renardo Sidney was the beginning of the end.

Ezsoil
02-10-2023, 01:38 PM

Jordan is our best player. The two guards Smith and Johnson are really good. The Johnson girl might be really special in coming years. This team needs another big like T or even Okorie next year.

Johnson is a grad transfer who led the A10 in scoring last year ...so she won't be back

R2Dawg
02-10-2023, 01:43 PM
The day we signed Renardo Sidney my dad made a statement that would be prophetic. "He's either going to win Rick a national championship or get him fired". Renardo Sidney was the beginning of the end.

Yep, Sidney was the nail in the coffin

I said similar on Croom. I said he would either be the best thing ever or worst.

maroonmania
02-10-2023, 01:50 PM
That was one of many Howland specials. Our talent may have dropped but this team has been much more fun to watch, even if we don?t make the NCAA. Most fun I?ve had watching Miss State basketball since 2004

For the success he had in his coaching career I was pretty shocked at how poor of a floor coach Howland was. Maybe he just never evolved with the game but we won VERY few games while Howland was here based on coaching. Stans was even a better floor coach than Howland.

NCMSTFAN
02-10-2023, 04:21 PM

We are deep this season. I like all three of our starting gaurds, Annie Hayes isn't putting up the numbers she usually does but she can go off any night, Jerkaila Jordan and Ahlana Smith are really good gaurds also. Then we bring Johnson off the bench who could be starting herself.

I wish we had another Big T also but those type of dominating bigs don't come along often, especially in Women's basketball. Jessika Carter is averaging 15 ppg 8 rpg and 2.3 blocks so we are still good in the post, and Ramani Parker is slowly coming back from the injury and providing good back up to her. We have all the tools to make a run, we need to finish strong we have 5 games left our toughest will be LSU, we have Arky and Bama at home so I like our chances in those. I think we can go 4-1 to finish the season, 3-2 at the worse.

schddog72
02-10-2023, 08:14 PM

THIS!!

schddog72
02-10-2023, 08:25 PM
For the success he had in his coaching career I was pretty shocked at how poor of a floor coach Howland was. Maybe he just never evolved with the game but we won VERY few games while Howland was here based on coaching. Stans was even a better floor coach than Howland.

I agree with you here; saying that Stans was a better floor coach than almost anyone in the game is a huge stretch. I always said that Stans needed to run his show along the lines of Leonard Hamilton at FSU. Notice during time outs, he never talks; Stan Jones does most all of the talking. He spent a year in Starkvegas with Stans; sure wish it had been longer!!