PDA

View Full Version : Some of y'all gonna hate this Barbay interview.

Leroy Jenkins
02-09-2023, 04:04 PM
https://hailstate.com/podcasts/dear-ol-state-kevin-barbay-on-his-offense/315

KB21
02-09-2023, 05:34 PM
Repeats the same coach speak over and over again, and he continues to emphasize running the ball over passing it.

Pancho
02-09-2023, 05:36 PM
thanks for the explanation.

Homedawg
02-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Repeats the same coach speak over and over again, and he continues to emphasize running the ball over passing it.

Can you explain the eagles success on offense?? Ran it more than they threw it ... ....and nowhere close to 70% throwing it like you say is necessary.

Leroy Jenkins
02-09-2023, 05:57 PM
I don't care if it's peewee or probowl, if you cannot run the ball when you need to you will never be as good as you can be.

confucius say
02-09-2023, 05:59 PM
Can you explain the eagles success on offense?? Ran it more than they threw it ... ....and nowhere close to 70% throwing it like you say is necessary.

They have the best OL in football.

My hope is that Barbay will run the ball when we play teams that we can dominate the line of scrimmage against (2022 Ark and OM) and be pass first against the alabamas of the world. Hopefully he can gameplan and adjust.

confucius say
02-09-2023, 06:01 PM
I don't care if it's peewee or probowl, if you cannot run the ball when you need to you will never be as good as you can be.

You can change the word run to pass and make the same statement though.

KB21
02-09-2023, 06:19 PM

Football has changed over the years. What won when your grandfather watched football doesn?t win anymore. Passing is the key to winning.

Cowbell
02-09-2023, 06:32 PM
Football has changed over the years. What won when your grandfather watched football doesn?t win anymore. Passing is the key to winning.

You're an idiot. The key to winning in football is controlling the line of scrimmage. Even your Hero leached believed that.

BuckyIsAB****
02-09-2023, 06:33 PM

Correct.

Cowbell
02-09-2023, 06:33 PM

Irony at its finest. Apparently it hasn't changed since 2008 because Leachs form of the air raid hasn't changed since then.

Homedawg
02-09-2023, 07:07 PM

So you can't explain the eagles. Gotcha. Typical dodge deflect and continue to spout that only one offenses works. Which in fact, is absurd.

Homedawg
02-09-2023, 07:09 PM
They have the best OL in football.

My hope is that Barbay will run the ball when we play teams that we can dominate the line of scrimmage against (2022 Ark and OM) and be pass first against the alabamas of the world. Hopefully he can gameplan and adjust.

But only teams that pass is 70% are doing it right. That's what kb said. And no he will never answer my question. Never does.

Pancho
02-09-2023, 07:14 PM
But only teams that pass is 70% are doing it right. That's what kb said. And no he will never answer my question. Never does.

he can't answer shit

Schultzy
02-09-2023, 10:30 PM
Barbay likes up tempo and he is willing to go under center which means we may see the first sneak in 20 years.

See, you gotta find what you like & then give the offense a chance because it could very well work, nobody knows until it’s played out. I myself did not like the AR but I chose to appreciate its positive aspects with the understanding that my alma mater was going to run that offense no matter what I thought.

I liked Mike, I did not like 2nd & 13, but many times we scored enough to win in spite of the AR being torture to watch.

KOdawg1
02-09-2023, 10:32 PM
Don't feed the troll

Dawgface
02-09-2023, 11:00 PM
https://hailstate.com/podcasts/dear-ol-state-kevin-barbay-on-his-offense/315

Not sure why anyone would hate this interview. Solid hire.

KB21
02-09-2023, 11:17 PM
The Air Raid was only torture to those who prefer to run the ball all the time. Mississippi State has never had an offense that I enjoyed watching more than the Air Raid. I love everything about the offense

I absolutely hate the fact that we are going back to a ground oriented offense with a limited passing game.

Homedawg
02-10-2023, 12:04 AM
The Air Raid was only torture to those who prefer to run the ball all the time. Mississippi State has never had an offense that I enjoyed watching more than the Air Raid. I love everything about the offense

I absolutely hate the fact that we are going back to a ground oriented offense with a limited passing game.

The problem is you just want to see it thrown. Don't care if that helps us win more games or not. And nobody is throwing it as much as our last coach. Nobody. Is that hard to comprehend? And the fact you enjoyed watching that offesene w zero imagination is mind boggling.

TaleofTwoDogs
02-10-2023, 12:28 AM
Downfield passing is the key to winning.

There, FIFY. You're welcome.

Todd4State
02-10-2023, 01:21 AM

Not KB but...

His first down play calls were not great. But he made up for it by calling lots of play action- the most successful play in football per EPA- and generally makes good calls based on down and distance on third down.

He also tends to throw the ball downfield which yields good results when completed.

Todd4State
02-10-2023, 01:24 AM
There, FIFY. You're welcome.

Downfield passing really is the key. Especially on first and second down. Use play action- especially on second down. Gadget plays on first down mixed in. Then use constraint plays on third down that are high percentage.

Run on third and 1, run to bleed the clock, and run against favorable box counts and occasionally on second and 5 or less against poor run defenses as well as anything inside the 6 yard line.

Schultzy
02-10-2023, 07:45 AM
Its a strawman argument to say anyone wants to run it all the time.

And it’s a platitude to say limited passing game which makes that argument unremarkable.

LibraryDawg
02-10-2023, 09:40 AM

Someone ban this guy. He hijacks every good conversation and ruins the thread.

Pancho
02-10-2023, 09:44 AM
I'm not even sure he's a guy at this point.

PMDawg
02-10-2023, 09:55 AM

News flash dude: Mississippi State football ISN'T ABOUT YOU! It's happening, whether you like it or not. You can't change it. Either get behind Mississippi State Football, or go find a different team to get behind. Find a team that suits your taste to "support", or get over yourself and get behind the team you claim to support now. Those are your two choices. Throwing a 3-month tantrum like a spoiled little titty baby isn't going to change anything or do anything. Grow up, put your big boy pants on, act like an adult, and get over it already. I swear, if one of my kids acted half as self-centered and spoiled as you....well, they wouldn't, because I nipped that crap in the bud and raised them right.

I guarantee you're one of those people who are always posting Facebook memes about how much they hate their job, never do anything they're supposed to do because "their boss is stupid", perform in the bottom 5% company-wide, yet asks for raises about 3 times a year. GROW UP already.

RockyDog
02-10-2023, 10:01 AM
There were 10 teams that passed for more than 4000 yards this season.

Of those 10, NINE had more than 1700 yards rushing on the season. Six had 2000 or more rushing yards.

Can you guess who was the 10th team that had a paltry 1000?

Stop being an IDIOT. this is modern college football where programs are routinely putting up sick PlayStation numbers. It is NOT one or the other anymore. Teams are passing AND running the ball with INSANE results. You and Todd dying on this hill that passing that ball 90% of the time is the only way to win is ludicrous.

KB21
02-10-2023, 10:36 AM
News flash dude: Mississippi State football ISN'T ABOUT YOU! It's happening, whether you like it or not. You can't change it. Either get behind Mississippi State Football, or go find a different team to get behind. Find a team that suits your taste to "support", or get over yourself and get behind the team you claim to support now. Those are your two choices. Throwing a 3-month tantrum like a spoiled little titty baby isn't going to change anything or do anything. Grow up, put your big boy pants on, act like an adult, and get over it already. I swear, if one of my kids acted half as self-centered and spoiled as you....well, they wouldn't, because I nipped that crap in the bud and raised them right.

I guarantee you're one of those people who are always posting Facebook memes about how much they hate their job, never do anything they're supposed to do because "their boss is stupid", perform in the bottom 5% company-wide, yet asks for raises about 3 times a year. GROW UP already.

Actually, I am the boss, and I don't post on facebook.

KB21
02-10-2023, 10:43 AM

Of those 10, NINE had more than 1700 yards rushing on the season. Six had 2000 or more rushing yards.

Stop being an IDIOT. this is modern college football where programs are routinely putting up sick PlayStation numbers. It is NOT one or the other anymore. Teams are passing AND running the ball with INSANE results. You and Todd dying on this hill that passing that ball 90% of the time is the only way to win is ludicrous.

There were actually 12 teams that threw for more than 4,000 yards on the year: Western Kentucky, Washington, USC, Georgia, North Carolina, Georgia Southern, Tennessee, UTSA, SMU, Houston, Wake Forest, and Mississippi State. The two right behind Mississippi State were 74 yards away from throwing for 4,000 yards. Those two teams were Texas Tech and TCU. Nine of those 14 teams ran a version of the Air Raid. Only 1 ran a pro style system.

Ben Arbuckle, AJ Ricker, Doug Meacham, Casey Woods, Shannon Dawson, and Bryan Ellis all would have been guys we could have potentially hired that would have kept the Air Raid system in place.

Really Clark?
02-10-2023, 11:24 AM
There were actually 12 teams that threw for more than 4,000 yards on the year: Western Kentucky, Washington, USC, Georgia, North Carolina, Georgia Southern, Tennessee, UTSA, SMU, Houston, Wake Forest, and Mississippi State. The two right behind Mississippi State were 74 yards away from throwing for 4,000 yards. Those two teams were Texas Tech and TCU. Nine of those 14 teams ran a version of the Air Raid. Only 1 ran a pro style system.

Ben Arbuckle, AJ Ricker, Doug Meacham, Casey Woods, Shannon Dawson, and Bryan Ellis all would have been guys we could have potentially hired that would have kept the Air Raid system in place.

Casey Woods is not air raid. He's running Rhett Lashley's version of Malzhan spread. The passing concepts has a lot of AR but that is NOT the offensive scheme, it's a spread system. But you would love they fact the run out of base 11 personnel with H-Back/TE

Arbuckle is 2 years removed from being a HS Assistant coach, way too inexperienced

AJ Ricker has never called plays in his career and at SMU and TCU, Dykes selected someone else to call plays each time.

Meacham is not calling plays because he's lost the ability to adjust to personnel and hit what the defense was giving him. Let go by TCU and Kansas and after Riley left they hired Briles over him. Dykes completely disagrees with you.

Dawson sucked at Kentucky and was fired after 1 year and was not great at Southern Miss. His best successes have been the OC while Dana oversees the play calling.

Bryan Ellis was demoted at Western Kentucky for Kittley to call plays and had Helton at GA So overseeing play calling this season.

That's a damn sucky ass list you generated. Arbuckle MIGHT end up being really good but let's look at him in a couple more years. His career is way too young for this league.

Homedawg
02-10-2023, 12:04 PM
Not KB but...

His first down play calls were not great. But he made up for it by calling lots of play action- the most successful play in football per EPA- and generally makes good calls based on down and distance on third down.

He also tends to throw the ball downfield which yields good results when completed.

I'm still waiting on an answer how a team that led the nfl in offense ran it more than they threw it..... analytics say that's wrong. I'll eagerly wait for KB to answer. Or you can if you'd like.

KB21
02-10-2023, 12:15 PM
Casey Woods is not air raid. He's running Rhett Lashley's version of Malzhan spread. The passing concepts has a lot of AR but that is NOT the offensive scheme, it's a spread system. But you would love they fact the run out of base 11 personnel with H-Back/TE

Arbuckle is 2 years removed from being a HS Assistant coach, way too inexperienced

AJ Ricker has never called plays in his career and at SMU and TCU, Dykes selected someone else to call plays each time.

Meacham is not calling plays because he's lost the ability to adjust to personnel and hit what the defense was giving him. Let go by TCU and Kansas and after Riley left they hired Briles over him. Dykes completely disagrees with you.

Dawson sucked at Kentucky and was fired after 1 year and was not great at Southern Miss. His best successes have been the OC while Dana oversees the play calling.

Bryan Ellis was demoted at Western Kentucky for Kittley to call plays and had Helton at GA So overseeing play calling this season.

That's a damn sucky ass list you generated. Arbuckle MIGHT end up being really good but let's look at him in a couple more years. His career is way too young for this league.

All are better potential coordinators than ground and pound Barbay.

Todd4State
02-10-2023, 12:28 PM
I'm still waiting on an answer how a team that led the nfl in offense ran it more than they threw it..... analytics say that's wrong. I'll eagerly wait for KB to answer. Or you can if you'd like.

The Eagles run/pass ratio was 50/50 this year. So they ran the same amount as they passed it.

The Chiefs led the NFL in total offense and they pass 61 percent of the time and ran 39%.

There is a misconception that analytics always wants a team to pass and that's not true even though it typically does favor passing.

If a team presents a light box, a team is weak against the run like Ole Miss in certain down and distances, it's third and one, you're trying to bleed the clock to seal a win or you are within the opponents 6 yard line, 1st and 5, are all analytically acceptable times to run the ball over passing.

Really Clark?
02-10-2023, 12:34 PM

Analytics disagrees with this statement.

Todd4State
02-10-2023, 12:34 PM

Well 60-65% of passing is optimal. The NFL was at 55% passing as a league so they're almost there.

Passing isn't the only way to win- see Air Force and Army- but analytically it gives you the most production. There is a lot of research out there showing this so it's not up for debate. Barbay is at 45% passing historically. The best offenses historically- Walsh West Coast Offense, Air Coryell, Air Raid, and Run and Shoot are all pass first.

Really analytically speaking based on the film I saw he was actually pretty analytical other than first down. If he passes more on first down his offensive production will have an uptick because he won't be putting himself behind the chains as much. At least he uses a lot of play action and downfield passing though.

Todd4State
02-10-2023, 12:38 PM
Analytics disagrees with this statement.

Dave Bartoo said "small sample size". That was reassuring.** I'm not sure if he really has ever completely run his own offense having worked for McElwain and Clark to be honest with you. I'm not sure what we're going to get.

Analytics likes his passing though. The problem is he wants to run.

Really Clark?
02-10-2023, 12:43 PM
Dave Bartoo said "small sample size". That was reassuring.** I'm not sure if he really has ever completely run his own offense having worked for McElwain and Clark to be honest with you. I'm not sure what we're going to get.

Analytics likes his passing though. The problem is he wants to run.

What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with what we were discussing. Barbay wasn't a part of that but KB's analytics doesn't think to highly of several of his candidates and some don't even have a play calling track record to analyze

R2Dawg
02-10-2023, 12:46 PM
Well 60-65% of passing is optimal. The NFL was at 55% passing as a league so they're almost there.

Passing isn't the only way to win- see Air Force and Army- but analytically it gives you the most production. There is a lot of research out there showing this so it's not up for debate. Barbay is at 45% passing historically. The best offenses historically- Walsh West Coast Offense, Air Coryell, Air Raid, and Run and Shoot are all pass first.

Really analytically speaking based on the film I saw he was actually pretty analytical other than first down. If he passes more on first down his offensive production will have an uptick because he won't be putting himself behind the chains as much. At least he uses a lot of play action and downfield passing though.

Analytics are great and all but.... In football give me a dominant OL and DL and I'll tell you who wins the game. Don't matter what kind of O they run. Try being one dimensional against a top DL and see what happens. Those analytics suck.

Todd4State
02-10-2023, 12:54 PM
What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with what we were discussing. Barbay wasn't a part of that but KB's analytics doesn't think to highly of several of his candidates and some don't even have a play calling track record to analyze

I'm talking about an interview with Dave Bartoo on Bo Bounds show.

Todd4State
02-10-2023, 12:55 PM
Analytics are great and all but.... In football give me a dominant OL and DL and I'll tell you who wins the game. Don't matter what kind of O they run. Try being one dimensional against a top DL and see what happens. Those analytics suck.

You have to have talent. Analytics help you to maximize the talent that you do have.

Really Clark?
02-10-2023, 01:02 PM
I'm talking about an interview with Dave Bartoo on Bo Bounds show.

And that has Jack-squat to do with my posts on the subject with KB. I wasn't comparing Barbay and the guys he listed, he listed guys that analytics didn't like on their own. It wasn't a comparison. He would have hired guys that analytics didn't like or with no analytics even though he keeps on and on about analytics.

PMDawg
02-10-2023, 01:32 PM
Actually, I am the boss, and I don't post on facebook.

Based on your track record, I don't believe you. I mean, maybe you run a 2 man crew that cleans gutters or something, but there's no way you're the top boss (you're insinuating you have no boss) anywhere meaningful.

Homedawg
02-10-2023, 01:44 PM
The Eagles run/pass ratio was 50/50 this year. So they ran the same amount as they passed it.

The Chiefs led the NFL in total offense and they pass 61 percent of the time and ran 39%.

There is a misconception that analytics always wants a team to pass and that's not true even though it typically does favor passing.

If a team presents a light box, a team is weak against the run like Ole Miss in certain down and distances, it's third and one, you're trying to bleed the clock to seal a win or you are within the opponents 6 yard line, 1st and 5, are all analytically acceptable times to run the ball over passing.

yes eagles led NFC typo on my part. And ran it 50 percent of the time. How can that be??? can't be successful being balanced and that's dumb ive been told.

KB21
02-10-2023, 01:52 PM

The Eagles lead the league in rushing in 2021 but were 9-8. What changed from 2021 to 2022? Their PASSING GAME improved.

Kansas City has the top passing offense in the NFL and the 20th best rushing attack. Look at the final four teams in the playoffs. All were in the top 6 in passer rating. Only Philly and San Francisco were among the top 10 in rushing offense.

Also, of the final four teams in the NFL, 3 were in the top 5 in defensive passer rating. Just further proves that the key to winning is passing the ball on offense and stopping the pass on defense. It's the reason the Vic Fangio scheme is all the rage in the NFL now, because it was designed to slow down passing offenses.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2023, 01:58 PM
yes eagles led NFC typo on my part. And ran it 50 percent of the time. How can that be??? can't be successful being balanced and that's dumb ive been told.

Yes I believe we were told that a running play was just a wasted down.

Homedawg
02-10-2023, 01:59 PM
The Eagles lead the league in rushing in 2021 but were 9-8. What changed from 2021 to 2022? Their PASSING GAME improved.

Kansas City has the top passing offense in the NFL and the 20th best rushing attack. Look at the final four teams in the playoffs. All were in the top 6 in passer rating. Only Philly and San Francisco were among the top 10 in rushing offense.

Also, of the final four teams in the NFL, 3 were in the top 5 in defensive passer rating. Just further proves that the key to winning is passing the ball on offense and stopping the pass on defense. It's the reason the Vic Fangio scheme is all the rage in the NFL now, because it was designed to slow down passing offenses.

And again, they ran it 50% of the time. But continue on cherry picking your stats .

yjnkdawg
02-10-2023, 02:01 PM
I liked CML. but KB is looking for a pure AR offense that doesn't exist anymore, but I guess in his fantasy college football world one does. An ole updated Chinese Proverb says "Don't feed the trolls and they will usually disappear and go back under their rock or go to another MSU sports site and spread the headaches to them." This hijacking threads to get a little attention has gotten past being pathetic.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2023, 02:02 PM
I liked CML. but KB is looking for a pure AR offense that doesn't exist anymore, but I guess in his fantasy college football world one does. An ole updated Chinese Proverb says "Don't feed the trolls and they will usually disappear and go back under their rock or go to another MSU sports site and spread the headaches to them." This hijacking threads to get a little attention has gotten past being pathetic.

Have some rep!

KB21
02-10-2023, 02:09 PM
I would also add that Jalen Hurts being a mobile QB who can scramble when the play breaks down skews their overall numbers. Jalen actually dropped back to pass on 542 snaps this year (not that Minshew started at least 2 games), and of those, 460 became pass attempts. So, Philly actually called a higher percentage of pass plays than run plays on the year.

Again, throwing the football is the key to success.

Maverick91
02-10-2023, 02:22 PM
I don?t care what we do. We could run the up tempo, wing T, triple option veer, fake 23 blast with a backside Georgia reverse like your like depends on it. Just as long as it wins I am good to go!

Offshore Dawg
02-10-2023, 02:31 PM
some people 🙄 can't post without any agenda.

KB21
02-10-2023, 02:31 PM
There is a reason that the greatest offensive minds/influencers in the history of football have all influenced the game through what they did in the passing game. Don Coryell, Bill Walsh, Mike Leach...etc.

RockyDog
02-10-2023, 02:40 PM
There is a reason that the greatest offensive minds/influencers in the history of football have all influenced the game through what they did in the passing game. Don Coryell, Bill Walsh, Mike Leach...etc.

Overreaching much? Good Lord. Putting Mike Leach in the same sentence with those 2 coaches is like saying that Will Rogers is a member of the Manning family.

KB21
02-10-2023, 03:01 PM
Overreaching much? Good Lord. Putting Mike Leach in the same sentence with those 2 coaches is like saying that Will Rogers is a member of the Manning family.

His effect on offensive football is the same. Coryell and Walsh both came up with concepts that have stood the test of time. So has Mike Leach. No offensive mind has impacted offensive football more in the past 25 years than Mike Leach. His Air Raid concepts are prevalent at every level of football whereas other concepts that came up during the same time, such as Rich Rod's and Randy Walker's spread to run scheme, have faded as coaches have taken that scheme and added Air Raid influences to it to become more pass oriented.

We decide to hire a coach who was influenced by Greg Friggin Davis though.

RezDog7
02-10-2023, 03:30 PM

Do you know any good fullbacks we can add to the roster?

TrapGame
02-10-2023, 03:31 PM
Anybody that listened to that interview and comes back with a negative opinion of Barbay and his offense is an agenda driven troll that needs to get a ****ing life.

I got a twenty that says these people will be nowhere near this board by the 6th or 7th game next season. All the narratives would have been crushed by then.

parabrave
02-10-2023, 03:31 PM
Have some rep!

And some more. Since 34 has been absent lately maybe 21 is his alter ego. Even though he is a Gener.

KB21
02-10-2023, 03:34 PM
Do you know any good fullbacks we can add to the roster?

Not many Kyle Juszczyk clones out there.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2023, 03:35 PM
Anybody that listened to that interview and comes back with a negative opinion of Barbay and his offense is an agenda driven troll that needs to get a ****ing life.

I got a twenty that says these people will be nowhere near this board by the 6th or 7th game next season. All the narratives would have been crushed by then.

100%!

KB21
02-10-2023, 03:38 PM

I'll be defending Will Rogers during the season, because it's not his fault that he is going to be stuck in a shit offensive scheme.

TrapGame
02-10-2023, 04:00 PM
I'll be defending Will Rogers during the season, because it's not his fault that he is going to be stuck in a shit offensive scheme.

I bet you $100 will looks better in Barbay's offense than Leach's. You down?

Jarius
02-10-2023, 04:09 PM

Well what was his excuse for sucking in the air raid every time we played someone that had a pulse defensively?

Thick
02-10-2023, 04:10 PM
Well what was his excuse for sucking in the air raid every time we played someone that had a pulse defensively?

He can?t answer right now. He?s too busy being the boss!****

Dawgface
02-10-2023, 04:23 PM
Why is this argument continuing on? You think Arnett is looking here for advice? The staff is in place and they will run the offense how they see fit. Let it play out.

RiverCityDawg
02-10-2023, 04:27 PM

The App State QB last year and the CMU QB in 2021 each had better passer ratings than Will has had in any one of his years so far. While he won't have the yards or probably TD's as he has in the past, I think it's very likely he will have a better overall year passing.

Leroy Jenkins
02-10-2023, 04:27 PM
We will average more PPG next year than last year, and that is the only metric an offense should be judged by.

KB21
02-10-2023, 04:29 PM
I bet you $100 will looks better in Barbay's offense than Leach's. You down?

That's easy money for me. Yes. I'm down.

BlackSailsDawg
02-10-2023, 04:31 PM
As I stated many times before. This is where we are. It no longer matters. He is the OC. We will run what he puts into place. We hired him to run his offense and his offense is what we are going to get. We will all live with the results good, bad, great, ugly.... etc... And he's going to get more than 2 years to produce unless the wheels come out.

All any of us can do is look at history and news as it comes out. Some has been great. Some more than concerning.

In the end, time will tell.

KB21
02-10-2023, 04:31 PM

Maybe our new inaccurate QB that can't even throw the ball into the ocean will get some time to satisfy those of you who hate passing the football.

TrapGame
02-10-2023, 04:54 PM
That's easy money for me. Yes. I'm down.

Then it's a cyber hand shake.

A lot of pressure is going to be taken off Will's shoulders. You'll see.

TrapGame
02-10-2023, 04:57 PM
The App State QB last year and the CMU QB in 2021 each had better passer ratings than Will has had in any one of his years so far. While he won't have the yards or probably TD's as he has in the past, I think it's very likely he will have a better overall year passing.

Ssssshhhhh.

I'm trying to get a hundred bucks here! Quit telling him the obvious.

KB21
02-10-2023, 05:13 PM
LOL at the idea that a pro style offense is going to be easier and more effective than the Leach Air Raid for Will Rogers, much less any QB.

RezDog7
02-10-2023, 05:39 PM
Maybe our new inaccurate QB that can't even throw the ball into the ocean will get some time to satisfy those of you who hate passing the football.

I hope we play wildcat with Tulu 99% of the time and then QB sneak with Will the other 1%.

Pancho
02-10-2023, 06:05 PM
CZA is just like us. he don't give 2 shits what kb .21 thinks

Todd4State
02-10-2023, 06:55 PM
I hope we play wildcat with Tulu 99% of the time and then QB sneak with Will the other 1%.

Why would we put Tulu in the wildcat? He has trouble on fly sweeps.

Put Walley and Mike Wright in the wildcat.

Todd4State
02-10-2023, 06:57 PM
We will average more PPG next year than last year, and that is the only metric an offense should be judged by.

Very plausible. Veteran players and a much easier schedule.

I think the real test for Barbay will be 2024 when Leach's players are gone.

Cowbell
02-10-2023, 07:21 PM
Very plausible. Veteran players and a much easier schedule.

I think the real test for Barbay will be 2024 when Leach's players are gone.

Technically now with the portal, he and CZA can claim that these are his recruits since you have to recruit your own players anymore

Jarius
02-10-2023, 07:23 PM

You are very bad at deflecting from the point. I don’t want Mike Wright to start. He is not as good as Will. That doesn’t mean Will wasn’t bad against decent defenses most of the time in the air raid. It is Leach’s fault for not finding a better quarterback during that time. Will is probably going to look better in this new offense. If he does not, it will just be another scheme he was not very good in.

dawgoneyall
02-10-2023, 07:36 PM

So we ar going to do the same thing we have been doing 130 year and expecting different results.......just damn

KB21
02-10-2023, 07:58 PM
So we ar going to do the same thing we have been doing 130 year and expecting different results.......just damn

Run, run, shot play, punt.

Really Clark?
02-10-2023, 08:04 PM

No

RockyDog
02-10-2023, 08:42 PM

You should change your username to Massengil because you are the biggest douche that has ever graced this board. I hope Barbay runs the ball 769 times next year so you can go be a fan somewhere else if that is what it takes. Leach is gone. Let the man rest in peace. He doesn?t give a shit about you trying to carry his torch.

BlackSailsDawg
02-10-2023, 08:47 PM
You should change your username to Massengil because you are the biggest douche that has ever graced this board. I hope Barbay runs the ball 769 times next year so you can go be a fan somewhere else if that is what it takes. Leach is gone. Let the man rest in peace. He doesn?t give a shit about you trying to carry his torch.

Yes because his opinion as a MSU fan is way worse than that of those who hated the Leach hire. LOL

some people amaze me at their rewrite of History and lack of awareness.

Really Clark?
02-10-2023, 09:08 PM
Yes because his opinion as a MSU fan is way worse than that of those who hated the Leach hire. LOL

some people amaze me at their rewrite of History and lack of awareness.

Name a poster that was anywhere close to this amount of narcissistic negativity, flat lies a good bit of the time, for weeks on end just trying to ruin threads when we hired Leach. I was here during all of that and there was not a single one. You are the one rewriting history and completely unaware.

Cowbell
02-10-2023, 10:02 PM
Run, run, shot play, punt.

How is that different than checkdown, checkdown, pass incomplete, punt..?

confucius say
02-10-2023, 10:03 PM

Whoa. Now that's calling a shot. We averaged 33 a game regular season, 32 including bowl. We will see. Against a weaker schedule in 2023 too. I hope you're right.

TrapGame
02-10-2023, 10:35 PM
How is that different than checkdown, checkdown, pass incomplete, punt..?

It's not. It's the same damn thing. He knows it too.

PMDawg
02-10-2023, 11:26 PM
Name a poster that was anywhere close to this amount of narcissistic negativity, flat lies a good bit of the time, for weeks on end just trying to ruin threads when we hired Leach. I was here during all of that and there was not a single one. You are the one rewriting history and completely unaware.

Kill shot.

KB21
02-11-2023, 03:04 AM
https://fade-the-public.com/2022/12/13/mike-leach-the-father-of-modern-football/

This is a fantastic article that some of you need to read through completely. Particularly those that want to go back to the way football was played in 1906.

Pancho
02-11-2023, 06:11 AM
dam boy. that closet slave owner/rebel shart just keep oozing out you ass

Dawgface
02-11-2023, 07:52 AM
dam boy. that closet slave owner/rebel shart just keep oozing out you ass
Yep. This guy probably is laughing to his butt sniffing black bear friends when he tells them the troll job he is doing here.

Offshore Dawg
02-11-2023, 08:47 AM
Spring game may give some indication of what to expect in the fall, if some of you can wait that long.

Jarius
02-11-2023, 09:16 AM
Whoa. Now that's calling a shot. We averaged 33 a game regular season, 32 including bowl. We will see. Against a weaker schedule in 2023 too. I hope you're right.

We averaged 31 ppg total. We averaged 21 ppg in conference play. We won’t have less ppg in conference play next year. Leach ran up the score against cupcakes to make his averages look better but when we played teams he couldn’t outmatch the offense was horrible for the most part.

TrapGame
02-11-2023, 10:49 AM
https://fade-the-public.com/2022/12/13/mike-leach-the-father-of-modern-football/

This is a fantastic article that some of you need to read through completely. Particularly those that want to go back to the way football was played in 1906.

Quit being a moronic douche. It was against the rules to throw a forward pass before 1906. You can't even be reasoned with. We aren't running the ball 70% of the time. That would be just as dumb as throwing it 70% of the time. If the pure Air Raid was the kryptonite you think it is most football teams would be using it. They aren't because it has one glaring deficiency, not using an actually run game to compliment the passing game. That's why everyone on Leach's tree adapted it. No one ran pure AR but Leach. No one will ever run pure AR again.

KB21
02-11-2023, 12:18 PM
Lost another great young AR coach. Carson Cramer to Clemson.

Really Clark?
02-11-2023, 04:24 PM

Are you whining about a quality control coach that was hired away to Clemson as a....quality control coach? You didn't even know who he was and you certainly have no clue if he can coach on the field. You are such miserable douche.

I've actually had 3 different conversations about football with him. Was learning a lot and really like being here, really liked the structure of the AR, but "we don't run the ball enough". Said that more than once. He loved Leach and loved ZA and thought we made a great hire

Homedawg
02-11-2023, 04:40 PM
Are you whining about a quality control coach that was hired away to Clemson as a....quality control coach? You didn't even know who he was and you certainly have no clue if he can coach on the field. You are such miserable douche.

I've actually had 3 different conversations about football with him. Was learning a lot and really like being here, really liked the structure of the AR, but "we don't run the ball enough". Said that more than once. He loved Leach and loved ZA and thought we made a great hire

But still....

Leroy Jenkins
02-11-2023, 04:47 PM

Good post.

When someone's knowledge is a mile wide and an inch deep.

Really Clark?
02-11-2023, 05:11 PM
But still....

I mean he is such a great coach in his mind yet brings this up 3 weeks after he actually left. He didn't even have a clue he left until he kept googling stupid shit to post about AR and found out he was on our staff and left for Clemson...over 3 weeks ago!!

Homedawg
02-11-2023, 05:23 PM
I mean he is such a great coach m his mind yet brings this up 3 weeks after he actually left. He didn't even have a clue he left until he kept googling stupid shit to post about AR and found out he was on our staff and left for Clemson...over 3 weeks ago!!

Never knew he left. Should have hired him as OC. No doubt. Would have kept the AR. That's what is important.

Commercecomet24
02-11-2023, 05:29 PM
I mean he is such a great coach m his mind yet brings this up 3 weeks after he actually left. He didn't even have a clue he left until he kept googling stupid shit to post about AR and found out he was on our staff and left for Clemson...over 3 weeks ago!!

So I guess Clemson hired him so dabo could go full air raid now. Wow!