PDA

View Full Version : PI's tidbits

PassInterference
11-29-2013, 03:52 AM
I so wanted to see Robert N get ejected for playing RB while wearing #5. Barrett Sallee and others confirmed that ejection is indeed the rule on two players with the same number at the same position (anyone else notice that our place kicker promptly changed jerseys not to match Devon Bell). Can you imaging the EPIC MELTDOWN had RN been ejected. Oh my stars. But in the end I'm glad we beat them with their idol still in the game, or else we'd have heard excuses the next 365 days.

Coach Freezus tells his teams to get through this loss with love and faith:

?It?s always hard to lose a game, but to lose a game to your rival when you had your chances, it?s very difficult,? head coach Hugh Freeze shrugged. ?I tell our team the only things I know how to get us through this time is love and faith?This one stings.?

Fair enough. Until he threw Bo Wallace under the bus.

?I never talk negatively about our kids, but obviously, everyone that watched the game knows he didn?t have his best game,?

Sure, Hugh. Excuse yourself from talking bad about players. Then talk bad about players. In a Scout article, Freeze described Bo's play as "Bad decisions totally".

When asked about Freeze saying that, Bo says "He can say what he wants". http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2013/11/29/video-bo-wallace-after-four-turnover-loss-to-egg-bowl/?nclick_check=1

That didn't surprise Bo's sister, Bay, who tweeted:

@baywallace: Coach Freeze has absolutely no faith in Bo. don't think he has ever said anything good about him.

It seems that Freeze throwing his QB under the bus has been a trend. I'm sure its just in love though. Hugh isn't one to turn on his own. He's never yell at his own fans at a football game, right? :roll eyes:

Hugh didn't stop at the QB position. He also threw is kicker under the bus. As bad as MSU's kicking problems are, I've never heard Mullen say something like what Hugh said:

We missed a field goal early in the game, and that obviously would have played a role in the end of it also.

Throwing Ole Miss players under the bus isn't limited to Hugh. Ole Miss LB Sederius Bryant took his shot at the Ole Miss offense:

?I saw a big change,? junior Serderius Bryant said of the Bulldogs bringing in quarterback Dak Prescott. ?Once the crowd got into the game it was very hard to stop the ball. They had momentum. Our offense put us on the field so much it was hard to stop them.?

Yeah, they just LOVE one another over there. Folks, when you wear ideals on your sleeve, sooner or later people will see what's on your sleeve isn't what you are really about. Particularly when times are hard.

Hugh's love and compassion gig has worn out. It was good when they were winning more than anybody expected. But as soon as trials come and they fail, true character shows. And its not the bullshit facade that he's built.

Ole Miss is going to continue getting some mileage out of their crootin efforts. But as we saw tonight, there is more to this game than just crootin. You ain't seen nothing yet. The college football world has plenty of teams loaded with high profile crootin talent and few wins to show for it. The false profit in Oxford is getting exposed and the biggest implosions are yet to come.

Hail State!

Edit to add Bo's reaction to Hugh throwing him under the bus.

MarketingBully01
11-29-2013, 04:04 AM
Good points. If I remember correctly, didn't Bo Wallace have problems with Coach Freeze at Arkansas State? I didn't think he liked Freeze. Seems odd. He should know that this is that Coach's MO to blame others when things go wrong. Would be funny if everything came unraveling over the next few years when players see what happens when the going gets tough.

Martianlander
11-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Good points. If I remember correctly, didn't Bo Wallace have problems with Coach Freeze at Arkansas State? I didn't think he liked Freeze. Seems odd. He should know that this is that Coach's MO to blame others when things go wrong. Would be funny if everything came unraveling over the next few years when players see what happens when the going gets tough.

Yes-He left Arkansas State when Freeze was there. I was actually surprised when he went to tsun. Freeze is showing what he is-a Batman character.