2018 Holmes Fr
2019 Holmes So
2020 MSU Redshirt
2021 MSU Redshirt Jr
2022 MSU Redshirt Sr

Yeah 2020 was a bad year to redshirt.

archdog
02-07-2023, 10:43 AM
He was academic redshirt so it counts even with Covid. Wish it didn?t but he also could have passed his classes.

Goldendawg
02-07-2023, 11:59 AM
I thought he was going pro?

Just the NFL Pro Bowl Flag Football games , as he never liked any contact after the catch.****

3dawgnight15
02-07-2023, 12:18 PM
I noticed several times he pouted or took plays off when he wasn?t getting the ball.

Goldendawg
02-07-2023, 01:23 PM
Article in Cowbell Corner implies he is getting a 6th year of eligibility. Our WR room is very overcrowded with players with similar skill levels. Read on genespage that Clayton (played TE in HS), Harmon, and incoming FR Malik Ellis have been approached to make the move to TE. We have over 90 players on scholarship at this time, limit is 85. Spring practice should be interesting. Hail State!

parabrave
02-07-2023, 03:44 PM
Well this gives Robinson more looks. Which is a good thing.

maroonmania
02-07-2023, 04:08 PM
Wait, I thought the portal was closed now until after spring practice? This is all very confusing.

Really Clark?
02-07-2023, 04:17 PM
Wait, I thought the portal was closed now until after spring practice? This is all very confusing.

Grad transfers can enter

coachnorm
02-07-2023, 04:51 PM
Article in Cowbell Corner implies he is getting a 6th year of eligibility. Our WR room is very overcrowded with players with similar skill levels. Read on genespage that Clayton (played TE in HS), Harmon, and incoming FR Malik Ellis have been approached to make the move to TE. We have over 90 players on scholarship at this time, limit is 85. Spring practice should be interesting. Hail State!

Our WR room is not overcrowded with PLAYERS, it is overcrowded with PARTICIPANTS. I seriously doubt those PARTICIPANTS were a deep threat that could win contested catches like Ducking. I would be totally pissed off if I was Ducking and had the ability to blow the top end off the defense and some clown calls tunnel screens and then I am on the bench for the next play because of a screwed up rotation?

EdwardDrayton
02-07-2023, 06:12 PM

Grad transfers can enter

I THOUGHT players could enter the portal at any time. But Clark is right; grad transfers can but the rest can only enter during the defined windows.

EdwardDrayton
02-07-2023, 06:15 PM
Why would Ducking leave? Do we not want to pay him what he wants? Or is he pulling a Tulu?

parabrave
02-07-2023, 06:17 PM
Our WR room is not overcrowded with PLAYERS, it is overcrowded with PARTICIPANTS. I seriously doubt those PARTICIPANTS were a deep threat that could win contested catches like Ducking. I would be totally pissed off if I was Ducking and had the ability to blow the top end off the defense and some clown calls tunnel screens and then I am on the bench for the next play because of a screwed up rotation?

Good read/ I always wondered why we didn't utilize him more in the EZ and on 3rd and long because of that very reason instead of throwing a 7 yard out to AW when we needed 8. That was more irritating than handing off to Holloway for a dive play on 3rd and 20. He was dam good at out-muscling DBs for jump balls.

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2023, 06:19 PM
Ducking couldnt blow the top off a paper bag. He was too slow and was a one trick pony. Red zone fades are his only deal. Get physical and he pouted or flat out quit. A lot like RaRa. Any in breaking route you might as well delete him. If you are an outside WR you?d better be able to get vertical or be physical and savy enough to run a retrace when you can?t get by the corner. He could do neither.

We need Roberson to be that guy. Rara and Ducking were issues not good ones either. Ducking more than Rara. They both are showing you their real colors

Commercecomet24
02-07-2023, 06:45 PM
Ducking couldnt blow the top off a paper bag. He was too slow and was a one trick pony. Red zone fades are his only deal. Get physical and he pouted or flat out quit. A lot like RaRa. Any in breaking route you might as well delete him. If you are an outside WR you?d better be able to get vertical or be physical and savy enough to run a retrace when you can?t get by the corner. He could do neither.

We need Roberson to be that guy. Rara and Ducking were issues not good ones either. Ducking more than Rara. They both are showing you their real colors

I'm glad someone else noticed this. Ducking disappeared against better defenses and couldn't take physical dbs.

archdog
02-07-2023, 07:09 PM
I noticed several times he pouted or took plays off when he wasn?t getting the ball.

Well when you are running deep route after deep route for a QB that literally cannot bomb it, I would be 17n pissed too. I think we all can admit being an outside receiver in last year?s offense would have sucked.

I mean, be real guys, imagine running 40 yards down field knowing before the snap there was a snow ball chance in hell that you were even getting the ball.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-07-2023, 07:59 PM

If Ducking is such a great player why wouldn’t he simply enter the draft and make money on an NFL roster next season? He’s been in college 5 years, so he should be getting paid to play in the fall. I’ll hang up and listen.

msu15
02-07-2023, 08:40 PM

Yea RaRa is so bad that the two time defending national champions wanted him. They wouldn't touch his QB last year that's for sure.

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2023, 08:59 PM
Yea RaRa is so bad that the two time defending national champions wanted him. They wouldn't touch his QB last year that's for sure.

Yeah that worked out real well for him. He was so good and consistent he couldnt get consistent playing time over all the stud outside WRs we had. He was so great we told him to hit the road. God bless RaRa but the one you are crapping on is a record holder and the other is a felony holder. Is this really a conversation?

coachnorm
02-07-2023, 08:59 PM
If Ducking is such a great player why wouldn?t he simply enter the draft and make money on an NFL roster next season? He?s been in college 5 years, so he should be getting paid to play in the fall. I?ll hang up and listen.

I did not say Ducking was a great player because he was not complete like RaRa was. But we both seem to agree that he was a player. I believe Ducking did something well for us by generating production when some retard was calling tunnel screens for him. Ducking should have NEVER ran a pattern less than 10 yards because he did not have that skill set, he was a deep threat and feared by opposing defenses. Ducking did a few things well and generated production and that is his end game. RaRa got respect from Georgia and that tells us all we need to know. So I stick to my statement that Ducking and RaRa were PLAYERS and the rest of the receiver group are PARTICIPANTS until they execute SOMETHING called production.

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2023, 09:01 PM
Wow

somebodyshotmypaw
02-07-2023, 09:13 PM
I did not say Ducking was a great player because he was not complete like RaRa was. But we both seem to agree that he was a player. I believe Ducking did something well for us by generating production when some retard was calling tunnel screens for him. Ducking should have NEVER ran a pattern less than 10 yards because he did not have that skill set, he was a deep threat and feared by opposing defenses. Ducking did a few things well and generated production and that is his end game. RaRa got respect from Georgia and that tells us all we need to know. So I stick to my statement that Ducking and RaRa were PLAYERS and the rest of the receiver group are PARTICIPANTS until they execute SOMETHING called production.

Fair point.

ZedFedder
02-07-2023, 09:46 PM
Ducking came on strong early, but he was essentially a non factor the last half of the season. This is not a huge loss.

Todd4State
02-07-2023, 11:14 PM

The biggest contribution RaRa will have for Georgia is helping them win the Fulmer Cup.

Todd4State
02-07-2023, 11:15 PM
Yeah that worked out real well for him. He was so good and consistent he couldnt get consistent playing time over all the stud outside WRs we had. He was so great we told him to hit the road. God bless RaRa but the one you are crapping on is a record holder and the other is a felony holder. Is this really a conversation?

For MSU fans- yes this really is a conversation.

It's always Will's fault. This despite Leach basically calling out the WR's the entire year.

Todd4State
02-07-2023, 11:16 PM

So we went from our receivers are pissed off because we don't throw it to them under every other coach to now they're pissed off because of how they get the ball.

I guess that's progress.

Pancho
02-07-2023, 11:25 PM
can't fix stupid cuz some will bitch regardless

RockyDog
02-08-2023, 10:04 AM
So we went from our receivers are pissed off because we don't throw it to them under every other coach to now they're pissed off because of how they get the ball.

I guess that's progress.

Receivers want to catch the ball and make big plays. They all want to be Jamar Chase, not Makai Polk. They want to be on the field every play, not in a 10 man rotation.

Unfortunately we had no receivers close to either. We had people saying that this season we missed Makai Polk. Maybe, in a way. But we didn't necessarily need a guy to catch 100 balls. We needed a receiver to make explosive plays. Something which we never had under Leach. Whether that was on the receivers we had or the playcalling, who knows. But just think how much more fun the offense could have been if we ever had a WR that averaged 15+ yards per catch. It just didn't happen.

Maverick91
02-08-2023, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I am not mad over him jumping ship. Ever time we gave him the ball and it wasnt in the red zone I just yelled at the TV. He doesn?t have speed, and he hated contact. We can easily level up from him. He made some pretty catches that showed what he could do, but mentally he just never put it together.

archdog
02-08-2023, 01:54 PM
It doesn?t matter, as far as everyone knows, Caleb was too dumb to pass his classes and was academically ineligible for the 2020 season, therefore is not eligible to earn an additional year of eligibility. If I am wrong, then the portal is an issue. If I am correct, then entering the portal with zero years of eligibility is 17n retarded.

HancockCountyDog
02-08-2023, 02:08 PM
It doesn?t matter, as far as everyone knows, Caleb was too dumb to pass his classes and was academically ineligible for the 2020 season, therefore is not eligible to earn an additional year of eligibility. If I am wrong, then the portal is an issue. If I am correct, then entering the portal with zero years of eligibility is 17n retarded.

This post isn't needed. Kid is gone, no reason to trash him.

I swear the portal is causing more problems than anyone can realize.

RiverCityDawg
02-08-2023, 02:36 PM

You okay?

Leroy Jenkins
02-08-2023, 03:05 PM
When guys like this leave, the biggest hit IMO, is risking good players in garbage time minutes of games that we wouldn't have had to play otherwise?

Goldendawg
02-08-2023, 03:59 PM
When guys like this leave, the biggest hit IMO, is risking good players in garbage time minutes of games that we wouldn't have had to play otherwise?

With the number of WR's we have on scholarship right now and getting away from a 10 to 12 rotation we had with the air raid, you will never have to worry about "risking good players in garbage time minutes of games". I think you will see a few receivers looking for a new home after spring practice. JMO.

Leroy Jenkins
02-08-2023, 04:16 PM
With the number of WR's we have on scholarship right now and getting away from a 10 to 12 rotation we had with the air raid, you will never have to worry about "risking good players in garbage time minutes of games". I think you will see a few receivers looking for a new home after spring practice. JMO.

I don't know why I put a question mark at the end of that sentence.

Cooterpoot
02-08-2023, 04:58 PM
Why do y'all think he's getting a 6th year? We tried to get it for him and couldn't.

Commercecomet24
02-08-2023, 06:04 PM
Why do y'all think he's getting a 6th year? We tried to get it for him and couldn't.

This. He's done, with college anyways

Pancho
02-08-2023, 07:15 PM
I can see no possible way that he has any eligibility left.

archdog
02-08-2023, 07:57 PM
This post isn't needed. Kid is gone, no reason to trash him.

I swear the portal is causing more problems than anyone can realize.

Who the heck is trashing him? Was he, or was he not on academic redshirt in 2020? Ducking was a good WR for us. Wish he had another year in the Maroon and White.

I just don?t know what is dumber. This entire thread discussing something that was settled two years ago, or him actually entering the portal thinking it matters.

Did the NCAA come out and say all academically ineligible players for the 2020 season do not get the benefit of the extra year? I am pretty sure they did and has been reported at least 5 times throughout the year.

archdog
02-08-2023, 07:57 PM
I can see no possible way that he has any eligibility left.

Hence why the continued discussion is moot. Wish him the best of luck.

Todd4State
02-09-2023, 01:27 AM
I have a feeling that this is either:

1. Sorry you're done with college football

Or

2. Well, because of COVID we'll let you grad transfer somewhere but it can't be Mississippi State.

archdog
02-09-2023, 08:33 AM

Or

2. Well, because of COVID we'll let you grad transfer somewhere but it can't be Mississippi State.

Then why is number 2 even an option.

bulldawg28
02-09-2023, 09:52 AM

Or

What?????