PDA

View Full Version : Severe Threat Wednesday

starkvegasdawg
02-07-2023, 03:00 AM
Main threat looks to be damaging wind gusts, but a few tornadoes will be possible. Storm mode looks to linear and bowing segments, but a few warm sector discrete supercells will be possible and they will contain your biggest tornado threat. Timing will be afternoon into the evening and overnight hours. Overall, this isn't looking like an especially high end event, but if your house is in the area that gets impacted then it's high end enough.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/partners/outlooks/state/images/MS_swody1.png?1675861404

Homedawg
02-07-2023, 03:42 PM
Will be in Jackson Wed- wed night. Just storms or tornadoes as well?

starkvegasdawg
02-07-2023, 05:23 PM

There will be a chance for a few tornadoes. Especially along the I-20 corridor. There will be good wind shear and looking like enough instability to sustain rotating thunderstorms. Biggest question is if there will be storm initiation ahead of the squall line in the warm sector. If that happens then the tornado risk will be at least slightly increased. Still not looking like a major event, but some severe weather is expected. If I had to draw out my highest risk area it would go from the Eudora, AR, to Yazoo City, to Jackson, down to Brookhaven, and then back to Natchez.

Homedawg
02-07-2023, 05:28 PM
There will be a chance for a few tornadoes. Especially along the I-20 corridor. There will be good wind shear and looking like enough instability to sustain rotating thunderstorms. Biggest question is if there will be storm initiation ahead of the squall line in the warm sector. If that happens then the tornado risk will be at least slightly increased. Still not looking like a major event, but some severe weather is expected. If I had to draw out my highest risk area it would go from the Eudora, AR, to Yazoo City, to Jackson, down to Brookhaven, and then back to Natchez.

Thanks for info

TUSK
02-07-2023, 06:03 PM
Yo, once that big yellow blob leaves Louisiana and crosses the landmass, what's it look like for Trailerville, AL?

DownwardDawg
02-07-2023, 07:02 PM
Yo, once that big yellow blob leaves Louisiana and crosses the landmass, what's it look like for Trailerville, AL?

This was an epic question. I can't rep you enough.

parabrave
02-07-2023, 08:01 PM
This was an epic question. I can't rep you enough.

Trailerville Alabama is a huge territory can you please be more specific. And no you cannot include Mississippi counties that are on the state line.

viverlibre
02-07-2023, 08:06 PM

Storms and tornados are the least of your concerns in Jxn.

Rick Danko
02-07-2023, 08:15 PM

LANDMASS!!! Them?s fightin werds, just how big a boy ar ya

starkvegasdawg
02-07-2023, 08:57 PM

Your weed and shine operations should be safe. The storms should start weakening as they approach the AL state line. In fact I'm expecting them to start losing some punch by the I-55 corridor.

TUSK
02-07-2023, 10:13 PM

Meet me at Sonic.

parabrave
02-07-2023, 10:40 PM
Meet me at Sonic.

You must mean the Dew Drop Inn

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2023, 10:08 AM
He really meant the Dollar General, the one by the Alexander Shunnarah sign.

Commercecomet24
02-08-2023, 10:09 AM
He really meant the Dollar General, the one by the Alexander Shunnarah sign.

Have some rep!

Maverick91
02-08-2023, 10:10 AM

Hey! Dew drop goes hard! Once you pick that chili burger up you ant puttin it back down.

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2023, 10:15 AM
Upgrade to an enhanced risk. Graphic updated.

PMDawg
02-08-2023, 10:58 AM
Upgrade to an enhanced risk. Graphic updated.

So, what exactly is happening here with this system? Specifically in southeast Louisiana and South MS. The squall line comes through tonight, the rain lingers on through Friday, then the cold temperatures move in Saturday. Is this a cold front, 2 cold fronts, something else?

parabrave
02-08-2023, 11:45 AM
Hey! Dew drop goes hard! Once you pick that chili burger up you ant puttin it back down.

Just watch out for babes with green teeth!

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2023, 02:25 PM
So, what exactly is happening here with this system? Specifically in southeast Louisiana and South MS. The squall line comes through tonight, the rain lingers on through Friday, then the cold temperatures move in Saturday. Is this a cold front, 2 cold fronts, something else?

The squall line will be just ahead of the main front. Once it passes the severe threat is over. The rain right after that is anafrontal rain where the cooler drier air is wringing out what's left of the moisture. Any rain lingering into Friday will be a different wave moving through and then another front is pushing through this weekend to cool things off more substantially.

3dawgnight15
02-08-2023, 03:01 PM
Seems like a lot of warming to agitate things, how?s the parameters for supercells looking now?

ScooterDog
02-08-2023, 03:19 PM
To cheer things up, I think viverlibre gets the award for the best post. LOL.

starkvegasdawg
02-08-2023, 03:21 PM
Seems like a lot of warming to agitate things, how?s the parameters for supercells looking now?

Starting to become more conducive. Already starting to get warm sector discrete cells in south MS. The cloud breaks and sunshine will be increasing instability. Nothing severe yet but that will change as the afternoon wears on.

Extendedcab
02-08-2023, 05:30 PM

Landmass was a reference to a Weather Channel reported (I think) a few years back that was reporting from the Mississippi gulf coast about sever weather (tropical storm or maybe a hurricane) that could not remember where she was. She signed off the air stating this is so and so, from - ah, uh, uh, uh, the land mass between Louisiana and Alabama.

RocketDawg
02-08-2023, 05:43 PM
Landmass was a reference to a Weather Channel reported (I think) a few years back that was reporting from the Mississippi gulf coast about sever weather (tropical storm or maybe a hurricane) that could not remember where she was. She signed off the air stating this is so and so, from - ah, uh, uh, uh, the land mass between Louisiana and Alabama.

I believe it was the narcissist Jim Cantore.

parabrave
02-08-2023, 06:07 PM
I believe it was the narcissist Jim Cantore.

Yep it was Jim. He stayed at the Retirement home, 25 FT ASL on the Beach in Mississippi City during the storm. Well the water got to the 2nd floor and he was "very Concerned" when they saw the WC truck float away. INO he freaked out.

Pancho
02-08-2023, 07:14 PM
nothing like a liberal freaking out.

RocketDawg
02-08-2023, 08:31 PM
Just flipped to the Weather Channel and they had a video of an earlier tornado in NE Louisiana.

Also a couple of warnings at the moment in Mississippi.

RocketDawg
02-08-2023, 08:32 PM
nothing like a liberal freaking out.

He used to be OK, but his "fame" and self-centeredness has taken control. He's pretty much unbearable now.

EdwardDrayton
02-08-2023, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=parabrave;1498268]Trailerville Alabama is a huge territory can you please be more specific. And no you cannot include Mississippi counties that are on the state line.[/QUOTE

All the trailers in lower Alabama were sold to attend the 2021 CWS. Subsequent municipal ordinances in Fairhope and surrounding areas prohibited replacement in favor of Class A only motorcoach parks.

DownwardDawg
02-08-2023, 09:23 PM

Hurricane Katrina

parabrave
02-08-2023, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=parabrave;1498268]Trailerville Alabama is a huge territory can you please be more specific. And no you cannot include Mississippi counties that are on the state line.[/QUOTE

All the trailers in lower Alabama were sold to attend the 2021 CWS. Subsequent municipal ordinances in Fairhope and surrounding areas prohibited replacement in favor of Class A only motorcoach parks.

Well I was gonna exclude the eastern shore but then there is Foley.

Extendedcab
02-09-2023, 10:18 AM
Yep it was Jim. He stayed at the Retirement home, 25 FT ASL on the Beach in Mississippi City during the storm. Well the water got to the 2nd floor and he was "very Concerned" when they saw the WC truck float away. INO he freaked out.

For some reason, I remember it being a female reporter I did not know. I saw it live on TV at the time and I was amazed at the comment - she forgot where she was. Regarding Jim Cantore, he denies the rumor that it was him. I found the following from the Sun Herald.

Jim Cantore didn’t hold back about Mississippi being called a land mass BY JOHN FITZHUGH AUGUST 27, 2021, 8:49 PM Weather Channel Meteorologist Jim Cantore clears up the Mississippi "land mass" rumor that started in 2012 when a Canadian meteorologist referred to Mississippi as "the Louisiana and Alabama borders," and it was incorrectly attributed to Cantore.

Read more at: https://www.sunherald.com/latest-news/article217843130.html#storylink=cpy