PDA

View Full Version : Lady Dawgs vs Vols

99jc
02-06-2023, 09:04 PM
sam p also 17d up with that stupid technical

BorneDawg
02-06-2023, 09:04 PM
Between getting screwed by the refs and these commentators it is unwatchable!

SailingDawg
02-06-2023, 09:06 PM
Playing well and leading most of the game.

Foul called on State after a defensive rebound. Purcell goes nuts and gets a T. Tenn makes 3/4 free throws to tie it up.

In OT now.

EdwardDrayton
02-06-2023, 09:06 PM
Refs STOLE this game from the ladies in regulation!!

SailingDawg
02-06-2023, 09:07 PM
Tennessee has shot 10 more free throws.

BorneDawg
02-06-2023, 09:07 PM
We getting shafted by the refs I'd be pissed too!!

BorneDawg
02-06-2023, 09:09 PM
Hell I'd be as pissed as him after the crap being called at the end of regulation too

Thick
02-06-2023, 09:09 PM
It was a horrible foul called.

SailingDawg
02-06-2023, 09:20 PM
Just ridiculous free throw advantage for UT

https://imgur.com/a/BQYQoKS.jpeg

BeardoMSU
02-06-2023, 09:30 PM
This is hard to watch...my god this sport is ugly.

civildawg
02-06-2023, 09:34 PM
How was that the play for the last possession? Man purcell needs an X?s and O?s Coach on the staff

msudawglb
02-06-2023, 09:34 PM
Yes, this is hard to watch. Damn, what a terrible play to win the game in OT.

msudawglb
02-06-2023, 09:35 PM
Up by 4 with 2 FT and the ball with 36 seconds left. And we blow it. Lol

BeardoMSU
02-06-2023, 09:50 PM
Some of the worst officiating I've ever seen, regardless of sport, lol. Holy shit.

EdwardDrayton
02-06-2023, 09:58 PM
DAWGS WIN!!! DAWGS WIN!!! DAWGS WIN!!!!

Ladies take down DIVA & THE VOLS in double OT!!! What a HUGE win!!!

BeardoMSU
02-06-2023, 09:59 PM
Great win. But....WOOF

Quaoarsking
02-06-2023, 10:00 PM
Really big win.

dawgday166
02-06-2023, 10:01 PM
That was U G L Y ... but a win is a win.

Reason2succeed
02-06-2023, 10:01 PM
Purcell blew the lead with the tech but good lord the officiating was atrocious. They weren?t even cheating for Tennessee. They were just horrible all around.

Quaoarsking
02-06-2023, 10:03 PM
Going into today, we were 0-7 against Q1 and 15-0 against the rest. While we had a top 40 NET, that's the kind of resume that leads to a very nervous Selection Day. Now we finally have a Q1 win.

It would be great to grab another Q1 win or two just to be sure, but we should be all set to make the field now unless we drop one to a bad team.

EdwardDrayton
02-06-2023, 10:03 PM
Some of the worst officiating I've ever seen, regardless of sport, lol. Holy shit.

Purcell should DEMAND a review by the SEC office. This crew should never officiate anything ever again.

Reason2succeed
02-06-2023, 10:04 PM
I hope Rikea Jackson thinks about this loss for the rest of her life. 😜😜😜

Reason2succeed
02-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Purcell should DEMAND a review by the SEC office. This crew should never officiate anything ever again.

Nothing will ever happen. The SEC is content to have the best players and the worst refs in every sport.

EdwardDrayton
02-06-2023, 10:06 PM
I hope Rikea Jackson thinks about this loss for the rest of her life. ������

I hope it HAUNTS her!! LOL!!

Pancho
02-06-2023, 10:06 PM
dam if we could only hit a few more free pitches. I honestly have no idea why some fouls were even called. It's just like the men's refs

NCMSTFAN
02-06-2023, 10:08 PM
I really wanted to win this game. I would have been so mad if Rickea won on our home court. Big win!

EdwardDrayton
02-06-2023, 10:11 PM
Nothing will ever happen. The SEC is content to have the best players and the worst refs in every sport.

This truly was beyond anything I've ever seen before. Had me thinking it was borderline criminal. And I'm that guy who never thinks refs truly determine the outcome of games.

Bothrops
02-06-2023, 10:11 PM
Really big win! Tenn was 9-1 in league play coming in. Purcell had them ready.

Goldendawg
02-06-2023, 10:13 PM

As I have said repeatedly, SEC officiating is corrupt and favors the "big name" programs in all sports. 40 or so free throw attempts for TN, a joke. As Jackie always said, "You must be ready to beat the other team and the refs."

EdwardDrayton
02-06-2023, 10:21 PM
As I have said repeatedly, SEC officiating is corrupt and favors the "big name" programs in all sports. 40 or so free throw attempts for TN, a joke. As Jackie always said, "You must be ready to beat the other team and the refs."

Absolutely true about this game; the ladies had to beat the Vols AND the refs. Just amazing they were able to overcome both.

parabrave
02-06-2023, 11:05 PM
Is Boudreaux still on charge of SEC Officiating?

Goldendawg
02-06-2023, 11:24 PM
Is Boudreaux still on charge of SEC Officiating?

No one is in charge. Refs only need to learn one rule from office. Protect the "blue bloods" at all times in all sports.

archdog
02-06-2023, 11:32 PM

I talked directly to Greg Sankey about this, excuses after excuses blah blah blah. The truth is, if the SEC got a ref that was any good, the pro leagues would take them.

Reunion Dog
02-07-2023, 04:31 AM
Wasn?t very impressed with Sam?s coaching tonight. That T should have cost him the game and he cussed out the young assistant. Felt sorry for the kid. But to the girls credit.. they never quit and could have shot layups all nite long. TN not very good either.

Reason2succeed
02-07-2023, 04:33 AM
I talked directly to Greg Sankey about this, excuses after excuses blah blah blah. The truth is, if the SEC got a ref that was any good, the pro leagues would take them.

How do other conferences seem to get good refs? It seems to me that the pro leagues can only use so many. Keep hiring and training people when someone gets poached. More importantly, HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE!!!

Seriously, I have never been an official but I can think of ways to make officiating better in about 15 minutes. Actually audit the officiating as the seasons go on and at the end of seasons. After each game if there are issues they should be punished and officials that have the fewest blown calls should get nice bonuses and their selection of which games to officiate. BOOM! DONE!

MetEdDawg
02-07-2023, 08:15 AM
Womens NET is up to 40. I would expect them to be in the tournament if it ended today.

We've got a stretch of winnable games coming up to finish strong. I expect a loss to LSU but 3-2 over the 5 games before that should get us in.

Ranchdawg
02-07-2023, 08:23 AM
MY GOD OFFICIATING WAS REALLY BAD LAST NIGHT!

The sad part is I knew it was coming.

This really needs to be fixed! Every time we play a sec team that has chance of going to the NCCA playoffs or tournament regardless sport we get totally screwed by the officials. Time to stop this! MSU needs to put together a video with narrative and send it to the SEC showing how bad these officials are missing fouls and incorrectly calling fouls. And demand they respond. And make the video and response public!

KentuckyDawg13
02-07-2023, 08:40 AM
If anybody missed this game, go back and watch the replay.

Our women's team showed true guts tonight, they were NOT to be denied. While the execution at the end of regulation was horrible, they still beat a LOADED UT team along with cheating refs.

My wife has been an MSU fan since she's been with me (2011), and she was absolutely losing her shit last night on the calls. I just calmly said, "Welcome to the MSU party, this shit has been going on for decades" referencing the OBVIOUS BS REF calls throughout the night. We MSU brethren know how it works, and last night Sam and MSU women beat the refs just like JWS would suggest.

Something must be done, some sort of video audit because that was just criminal.

archdog
02-07-2023, 10:43 AM
I thought we were not allowed to talk politics on here /s

Activated Alpha
02-07-2023, 12:01 PM
How do other conferences seem to get good refs? It seems to me that the pro leagues can only use so many. Keep hiring and training people when someone gets poached. More importantly, HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE!!!

Seriously, I have never been an official but I can think of ways to make officiating better in about 15 minutes. Actually audit the officiating as the seasons go on and at the end of seasons. After each game if there are issues they should be punished and officials that have the fewest blown calls should get nice bonuses and their selection of which games to officiate. BOOM! DONE!

Do we need to start an NIL deal for some refs?

Goldendawg
02-07-2023, 01:26 PM
Do we need to start an NIL deal for some refs?

Could never exceed $ that they are currently receiving from bama, GA, AU, KY, LSU,..... even OM across various sports.

KentuckyDawg13
02-07-2023, 03:15 PM
https://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-sparks-lynx-officials-20161017-snap-story.html

tcdog70
02-07-2023, 03:39 PM
https://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-sparks-lynx-officials-20161017-snap-story.html

ha-he was the best Ref on the floor.

R2Dawg
02-07-2023, 04:18 PM

No kidding. Do the refs look at MSU and see a kick me sign?

R2Dawg
02-07-2023, 04:21 PM
If anybody missed this game, go back and watch the replay.

Our women's team showed true guts tonight, they were NOT to be denied. While the execution at the end of regulation was horrible, they still beat a LOADED UT team along with cheating refs.

My wife has been an MSU fan since she's been with me (2011), and she was absolutely losing her shit last night on the calls. I just calmly said, "Welcome to the MSU party, this shit has been going on for decades" referencing the OBVIOUS BS REF calls throughout the night. We MSU brethren know how it works, and last night Sam and MSU women beat the refs just like JWS would suggest.

Something must be done, some sort of video audit because that was just criminal.

No kidding. That is why I liked Stans. He called out the BS officiated and didn't back down. He got fined after UK game and said something like at MSU I guess you are just supposed to take that. Well he didn't take it. JWS didn't either. Leach got some respect from me when he eluded to the poor officiating a few times. Somewhere, someone has to take a stand. Can't blame SP for T.

R2Dawg
02-07-2023, 04:23 PM
Wasn?t very impressed with Sam?s coaching tonight. That T should have cost him the game and he cussed out the young assistant. Felt sorry for the kid. But to the girls credit.. they never quit and could have shot layups all nite long. TN not very good either.

I didn't like some of player substitutions at times. He took the Johnson girl out and she was hot and dealing.

R2Dawg
02-07-2023, 04:24 PM
MY GOD OFFICIATING WAS REALLY BAD LAST NIGHT!

The sad part is I knew it was coming.

This really needs to be fixed! Every time we play a sec team that has chance of going to the NCCA playoffs or tournament regardless sport we get totally screwed by the officials. Time to stop this! MSU needs to put together a video with narrative and send it to the SEC showing how bad these officials are missing fouls and incorrectly calling fouls. And demand they respond. And make the video and response public!

So true. Will there ever be accountability? I doubt it.

KentuckyDawg13
02-07-2023, 04:38 PM
nm

TUSK
02-07-2023, 05:57 PM
REC doin' werk?

:confused:

EdwardDrayton
02-07-2023, 06:09 PM
No kidding. That is why I liked Stans. He called out the BS officiated and didn't back down. He got fined after UK game and said something like at MSU I guess you are just supposed to take that. Well he didn't take it. JWS didn't either. Leach got some respect from me when he eluded to the poor officiating a few times. Somewhere, someone has to take a stand. Can't blame SP for T.

Can't blame him at all. Most of us would have been run from the game long before his T.

schddog72
02-08-2023, 08:05 PM
Between getting screwed by the refs and these commentators it is unwatchable!

This exactly the reason that I never watch a State game without muting the sound. The overwhelming majority of the announcers/commentators are absolutely horrible, and most are homers (against us)!! The only thing that would have made it worse was if Beth Mowins was calling the game!! She's absolutely the worst!!

EdwardDrayton
02-08-2023, 08:11 PM
This exactly the reason that I never watch a State game without muting the sound. The overwhelming majority of the announcers/commentators are absolutely horrible, and most are homers (against us)!! The only thing that would have made it worse was if Beth Mowins was calling the game!! She's absolutely the worst!!

If there were TVs with auto recognition mute, Beth Mowins definitely would be in my list.