PDA

View Full Version : Steve Campbell and Joey Jones

Really Clark?
02-03-2023, 02:25 PM
Both have been added to our off the field staff. Campbell will be Director of HS Relations and Jones will be Director of Player Personnel. Really really good additions by ZA. He ain't playing around

mo7888
02-03-2023, 02:31 PM
Both have been added to our off the field staff. Campbell will be Director of HS Relations and Jones will be Director of Player Personnel. Really really good additions by ZA. He ain't playing around

Very solid... good additions..

KB21
02-03-2023, 02:58 PM
I think where these additions will help the most is not so much in the idea that we will start getting players from LSU, Alabama, and Auburn in those particular areas, but it is going to help us with unearthing those that are underexposed.

parabrave
02-03-2023, 03:24 PM
Steve knows the HS scene in FLA Al and LA from his days at Perk. He can find the Jewels at the smaller High Schools,

KB21
02-03-2023, 03:27 PM
Hud is coaching at Gulf Shores HS as well.

Homedawg
02-03-2023, 04:15 PM
Joey Jones knows everyone in Alabama. Both solid hires.

AROB44
02-03-2023, 05:37 PM
Hud is coaching at Gulf Shores HS as well.

Leave him there....

Cowbell
02-03-2023, 07:01 PM
Joey Jones knows everyone in Alabama. Both solid hires.

But can he find run blockers and fullbacks**

MetEdDawg
02-03-2023, 07:17 PM
This is the first time I feel like we are actually executing a recruiting plan in the last decade. We've heard folks say "recruit the footprint" or "4 hour radius".

Arnett has the staff saying the exact same things as him and the people he is bringing in on and off the field fit that vision.

I feel the purpose behind each hire he's made has been extremely transparent and with purpose and thought.

And I love it.

BlackSailsDawg
02-03-2023, 07:23 PM
This is the first time I feel like we are actually executing a recruiting plan in the last decade. We've heard folks say "recruit the footprint" or "4 hour radius".

Arnett has the staff saying the exact same things as him and the people he is bringing in on and off the field fit that vision.

I feel the purpose behind each hire he's made has been extremely transparent and with purpose and thought.

And I love it.

I love a plan and working the plan. Before anybody gets the wrong idea, this plan does not rely upon just the state of MS for recruiting. If it did, the person who decided this was it needs to be fired. We all understand that we will need to recruit needs outside of that area.

Cowbell
02-03-2023, 08:48 PM
I love a plan and working the plan. Before anybody gets the wrong idea, this plan does not rely upon just the state of MS for recruiting. If it did, the person who decided this was it needs to be fired. We all understand that we will need to recruit needs outside of that area.

They don't just talk about the state....they talk about a footprint that is 250-300 mile radius from campus.

KB21
02-03-2023, 08:59 PM
https://cdispatch.com/sports/2019-12-17/program-building-how-joe-moorhead-has-comparatively-outpaced-dan-mullen-on-the-recruiting-trail-in-year-two/

?I think in the past two years we have really demonstrated how committed we are to recruiting in the state of Mississippi and the surrounding states and our footprint with having the willingness and the ability to go nationally for a player that has a reason to come to Mississippi State,?

MaroonFlounder
02-03-2023, 09:28 PM
Changing the subject a little bit.

What caused Jay Hopson’s fall from grace? He went from a couple of head coach positions, to part of the MSU off field staff, to DB coach at South Alabama.

Reunion Dog
02-04-2023, 04:15 AM
**** Joey Jones. What a terrible hire.

BrunswickDawg
02-04-2023, 10:55 AM

As an off field guy, it's a great hire. A former head coach who built a D1 program from the ground up and who knows our recruiting territory extremely well. I'm not going hold coaching for JoMo against a guy who has had success elsewhere.

MetEdDawg
02-04-2023, 11:15 AM

You just have no clue about college or high school football. In an off the field role this is a phenomenal hire. He has a ton of high school connections in the footprint Arnett wants to hammer, particularly in Alabama and south Mississippi.

Jones has been a HC at the G5 level with success. He's been in on the field roles and has familiarity with our program.

Can you explain why you think this hire is terrible?

Tripp McNeely
02-04-2023, 11:25 AM
You just have no clue about college or high school football. In an off the field role this is a phenomenal hire. He has a ton of high school connections in the footprint Arnett wants to hammer, particularly in Alabama and south Mississippi.

Jones has been a HC at the G5 level with success. He's been in on the field roles and has familiarity with our program.

Can you explain why you think this hire is terrible?

Sigh...note the "sarcasticerics"

ZedFedder
02-04-2023, 11:30 AM

I believe those asterisks were meant to denote an ugly word.

TrapGame
02-04-2023, 11:35 AM

Jones was one of the coaches telling JoMo to adapt his offense.

msu15
02-04-2023, 11:57 AM

Those are asterisks that were generated to censor the "F" "U" "C" "K" that he typed. He wasn't being sarcastic at all. SIGH on you.

MetEdDawg
02-04-2023, 12:44 PM

If you can show them to me I'll retract. But those asterisks were not for sarcasm. They clearly denote profanity in screwing Joey Jones.

jwbigcreek
02-04-2023, 04:34 PM
Yep. It ain't 6-pack but still

Tripp McNeely
02-04-2023, 05:51 PM
Those are asterisks that were generated to censor the "F" "U" "C" "K" that he typed. He wasn't being sarcastic at all. SIGH on you.

Oh...whoops...well then yeah, that was a really dumb post!

Goldendawg
02-05-2023, 12:28 AM
As an off field guy, it's a great hire. A former head coach who built a D1 program from the ground up and who knows our recruiting territory extremely well. I'm not going hold coaching for JoMo against a guy who has had success elsewhere.

While at the HWY 12/Montgomery St intersection carrying my wife food to my SR State Son's apartment before we went to the basketball game tonight, a flatbed truck crossed in front of us with two large piles of sand on it. Scared me to death, as I was afraid JoMo was back!*****. Hail State!

BrunswickDawg
02-05-2023, 01:03 AM
While at the HWY 12/Montgomery St intersection carrying my wife food to my SR State Son's apartment before we went to the basketball game tonight, a flatbed truck crossed in front of us with two large piles of sand on it. Scared me to death, as I was afraid JoMo was back!*****. Hail State!

Well, if they were piles of sand, it would stand to reason that they had not been pounded. So there was nothing to fear.

Reunion Dog
02-05-2023, 03:22 AM
Joey Jones can?t get a real job at Bama his Alma Mater? goes to South in Mobile. He couldn?t even get the UAB job. So I will say again. **** Joey Jones and the horse he road in on. When we r to the point that we are adding back hires from Dumbo Jimbo?. We r in trouble. How many user names does Stupid Steve aka cohen?s bitch use on this page?

Coursesuper
02-05-2023, 11:44 AM
Joey Jones can?t get a real job at Bama his Alma Mater? goes to South in Mobile. He couldn?t even get the UAB job. So I will say again. **** Joey Jones and the horse he road in on. When we r to the point that we are adding back hires from Dumbo Jimbo?. We r in trouble. How many user names does Stupid Steve aka cohen?s bitch use on this page?

Lighten up Francis.

SmokeyDawg
02-05-2023, 01:20 PM

Going for bad takes poster of the year and starting early. How's that basketball prediction going for you?

State82
02-05-2023, 03:53 PM
Going for bad takes poster of the year and starting early. How's that basketball prediction going for you?

Yikes. That left a mark.

Ari Gold
02-07-2023, 09:24 AM

Yeah an ex head football coach with sec ties and coaching ties to Alabama high school football. That we hire for an off the field role in player personal is a terrible hire..

At least you are keeping it real with your ridiculous post.. 1-10 to finish the season in hoops and now this gem ..
keep it up..

RockyDog
02-07-2023, 09:29 AM

I think you are getting overstimulated at your neighborhood pineapple parties. Aren't those supposed to lighten you up?

Pancho
02-07-2023, 04:47 PM
he flipping the pineapple upside down?

TUSK
02-07-2023, 05:46 PM

Did Joey and your ole lady hook up at a munch or somethin'?

Pancho
02-07-2023, 10:59 PM
must be the upside down pineapple

StarkVegasSteve
02-08-2023, 01:48 PM
Joey as an on field coach would be a bad hire. Joey in an off field role to introduce Arnett and the new staff to coaches in AL, LA, and GA is a good idea. That now gives you another solid recruiter who knows coaches all over the South. Also reinforces something good to see in that we're not just focusing on MS.

parabrave
02-08-2023, 02:09 PM
Joey as an on field coach would be a bad hire. Joey in an off field role to introduce Arnett and the new staff to coaches in AL, LA, and GA is a good idea. That now gives you another solid recruiter who knows coaches all over the South. Also reinforces something good to see in that we're not just focusing on MS.

And that is what he was hired for. Same thing with Steve and the JCs.

Pancho
02-08-2023, 07:06 PM
word. but why can some not see this or just wanna argue crap for?