PDA

View Full Version : Engie texted me and ate his crow

Coach34
11-29-2013, 02:55 AM
he was out celebrating and wasnt able to post- but he humbled himself and was one happy SOB in his texts

Always good to see

engie
11-29-2013, 03:13 AM
That crow is f'n delicious.

Best/most complete Mullen game since 2010.

We will build Dakota a statue before he leaves here

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2013, 03:14 AM
he was out celebrating and wasnt able to post- but he humbled himself and was one happy SOB in his texts

Always good to see

Add me to the list. Get a st coach and pay collins right now. We are going to be good to great next year.

godlluB
11-29-2013, 03:26 AM
We don't win this game without Damien Williams. Dak was clutch, but my player of the game is #14. 10 months ago we were in a panic about the future of the QB position, now I'm excited as hell about it. Williams got reps against #1 in the country, he goes to the house in OT on the road in Arkansas, and he's one dumbass play by Jameon Lewis from not needing Dak to bring the Golden Egg back home.

PassInterference
11-29-2013, 03:57 AM
I agree with all of you. Williams managed the game. He didn't screw it up, which is about all you could ask of a guy with as little PT as he had. With a QB like that you have to ask for a perfect game from your D and for your WRs not to drop anything... and for your best RB to get plenty of carries. Well, most of that didn't happen, so the freshman QB didn't get the win by himself.

MarketingBully01
11-29-2013, 04:07 AM
We should turn the ST over to Gonzalez. He has done it before and is doing a heck of a job with the receivers as well.

PassInterference
11-29-2013, 04:10 AM
We should do what bigger SEC schools do and have a larger staff, period.

Dawgfan77
11-29-2013, 08:21 AM
I too am back on the Mullen band wagon!!! I will also say that our recruiting especially the last two classes is just as talented as the higher ranked Black Bear classes. We still need more speed on offense but our defense is as fast and has as much size as any team in the country, we just need to get a little more speed on offense. Yes we have to have a SPECIAL TEAM COACH, but Mullen is the guy for our program

msugolf
11-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Mullen won me back tonight as well. Dak is a program changer type QB and we have him for 2 more years. Think about that for a second...2 more years ...a star QB at MSU. Feels weird just typing that. With him and Robinson/shumpert/aeries it could be scary good.

BogeyGolfer
11-29-2013, 09:07 AM
That crow is f'n delicious.

Best/most complete Mullen game since 2010.

We will build Dakota a statue before he leaves here

I agree...
Dak has that " it" factor and makes everyone around him better... Look forward to carrying this momentum into next year.

Johnson85
11-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Mullen won me back tonight as well. Dak is a program changer type QB and we have him for 2 more years. Think about that for a second...2 more years ...a star QB at MSU. Feels weird just typing that. With him and Robinson/shumpert/aeries it could be scary good.

Mullen badly misused offensive personnel
His responsibility (st) almost cost us the game
We apparently don't have a way to review plays after five years.

Mullen obviously does some things right, but squeezing out a win at home when we had a +3 turnover margin doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. It's ok to not be a great special teams coach, you're pretty much always going to have weaknesses on team, and it's not like you can just snap your fingers and turn into a good coach.

but you have to correct the things that are easy to correct. I love Perkins and I agree with rewarding players that practice hard, but you can't throw away offensive series in sec games. No coach is going to get enough talent at msu that we can afford to be stupid.

C222
11-29-2013, 09:42 AM

Mullen obviously does some things right, but squeezing out a win at home when we had a +3 turnover margin doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. It's ok to not be a great special teams coach, you're pretty much always going to have weaknesses on team, and it's not like you can just snap your fingers and turn into a good coach.

but you have to correct the things that are easy to correct. I love Perkins and I agree with rewarding players that practice hard, but you can't throw away offensive series in sec games. No coach is going to get enough talent at msu that we can afford to be stupid.

Some people will just never be happy. Unbelievable.

DanDority
11-29-2013, 09:56 AM

Unfortunately, I agree with a lot of what you stated. Especially Perkins, I too love him but damn we give him too many carries, especially up the middle. We NEED to learn to review plays with someone! GET BETTER at SPECIAL TEAMS!

Johnson85
11-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Some people will just never be happy. Unbelievable.

I'm happy, but if last night's win changed your opinion of Mullen that much, you weren't basing your opinion of Mullen on anything other than the emotions you felt after each game.

Mullen has made some improvements over the season, but I don't think he did anything last night that hasn't been there for the last few games. It's big that for the first time this year the team won a game against an equally or more talented team (which I think um was taking into account our injuries at qb), but he still has the same weaknesses that have been there all season. Had our defense been a little less awesome, or had Bo Wallace been a little bit less Bo Wallace, we would have lost and it would have been because of special teams and *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* refusal to use Robinson and Perkins properly. Again, special teams is forgivable, but letting your personal fondness of a player come ahead of winning (if that's what happening and it's not that Robinson is shooting up heroin during practice or something) is not.

Percho
11-29-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm happy, but if last night's win changed your opinion of Mullen that much, you weren't basing your opinion of Mullen on anything other than the emotions you felt after each game.

Mullen has made some improvements over the season, but I don't think he did anything last night that hasn't been there for the last few games. It's big that for the first time this year the team won a game against an equally or more talented team (which I think um was taking into account our injuries at qb), but he still has the same weaknesses that have been there all season. Had our defense been a little less awesome, or had Bo Wallace been a little bit less Bo Wallace, we would have lost and it would have been because of special teams and *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* refusal to use Robinson and Perkins properly. Again, special teams is forgivable, but letting your personal fondness of a player come ahead of winning (if that's what happening and it's not that Robinson is shooting up heroin during practice or something) is not.

I agree with you. I want DM to stay. But he is going to have to get better at the little things of the game, he is going have to mature and learn from mistakes as a coach.

bulldawg28
11-29-2013, 11:45 AM
He's obviously a rebel trolling or a ignorant fan. If this wouldn't have happened. .. If Bo wasn't Bo. Blah blah blah. If the defense wouldn't have shown up we would have been blown out... If Dak wouldn't been hurt we beat bama... If Hughes wasn't hurt we don't struggle in the secondary early in the year. Shut your iffing ass up. Hail Mullen and Hailstate!!!

Johnson85
11-29-2013, 12:34 PM

What is the 'coughs' being inserted instead of 'mullen's'?

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2013, 02:24 PM
What is the 'coughs' being inserted instead of 'mullen's'?

It's simple.. see it didn't change it that time. Mullen's team. There is only one Mullen so an S is not needed.
Same with if you spell it with an I.

Dog316
11-29-2013, 03:49 PM

--------------
You must be an unbelievably cough* cough* cough*, etcetera, happy person to now get to enjoy the success of one you have determined to be so inept.

maroonmania
11-29-2013, 04:09 PM
I agree with you. I want DM to stay. But he is going to have to get better at the little things of the game, he is going have to mature and learn from mistakes as a coach.

I agree as well, last night didn't change my overall opinion in that we still have to get significantly better in a number of areas to truly compete with the top end SEC teams. The defense played GREAT the last 3 games of the year but consistency on offense is a problem and special teams are ridiculously bad. We should have won the game last night comfortably with the effort the defense gave us but instead we had to sweat out an OT win that could have easily been a loss. Now I realize that just keeping Dak healthy next year solves a lot of the offensive issues but as much as he runs the ball that may be a challenge. However, I don't know what we will do to get our special teams straightened out.