PDA

View Full Version : Zack Arnett press conference Wednesday afternoon....video

99jc
02-01-2023, 05:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJug_vpPC1I

Tough Dawg
02-01-2023, 08:21 PM
He?s a football guy. He will do well here.

Leroy Jenkins
02-01-2023, 08:59 PM
On Barbay: CZA said he asked all the candidates what offensive philosophy we would run if they were hired, Barbay said I can't answer that until you show me who the best 11 players are.

Pancho
02-01-2023, 09:48 PM
excellent

Cowbell
02-01-2023, 10:08 PM
On Barbay: CZA said he asked all the candidates what offensive philosophy we would run if they were hired, Barbay said I can't answer that until you show me who the best 11 players are.

Yes. This is the trait that made Dan successful here and we haven't seen it since.

Homedawg
02-01-2023, 11:44 PM
Yes. This is the trait that made Dan successful here and we haven't seen it since.

Can't work. Have to bean ar guy and throw it more than any team in the country! That fixed it the last 3 years *** while we regressed!!

BlackSailsDawg
02-02-2023, 01:15 AM
Enjoyed watching it. Thanks for posting.

So it sounds like we are headed to a Pro Style.

mo7888
02-02-2023, 08:15 AM
Looking ahead to the season, Arnett said Mississippi State?s offense in the passing game will ?heavily mirror? what it did for the past 3 years under Mike Leach. To call it a ?drastic change,? Arnett said, would be ?foolish.? Conceptually what we are going to do in the passing game will not be different from previous years, Arnett said, and added it would be ?stupid? to change when you have had success like MSU did.

Pancho
02-02-2023, 08:17 AM
CZA is a quality football mind

Dawgface
02-02-2023, 08:35 AM
Enjoyed watching it. Thanks for posting.

So it sounds like we are headed to a Pro Style.

Probably wishbone.

99jc
02-02-2023, 08:38 AM
CZA is a quality football mind

i like him but time tells all. if he beats Bama and ole miss consistently, he will be a demi-god here.

Ari Gold
02-02-2023, 01:56 PM
i like him but time tells all. if he beats Bama and ole miss consistently, he will be a demi-god here.

Beats Bama consistently ??? Did you just wake up ? How long you been asleep.. ?

Leroy Jenkins
02-02-2023, 02:03 PM

You know who beat bama and ole miss........? This guy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EkjlEvDX0AM27s3.jpg

TrapGame
02-02-2023, 02:30 PM

If he beats Bama and ole miss in the same year we'll build him a statue.

RisperDawg
02-02-2023, 03:36 PM
Arnett talks about Will's accuracy at +20 yards. It sounds like that Arnett believes Will is capable of making these throws and that it is an opportunity he is interested in creating more of.

662dawg
02-02-2023, 04:50 PM
Probably wishbone.

It'll be more wing T based with a few triple option mesh formations added in to keep defenses off balance.

bigplayslay
02-02-2023, 05:02 PM

Dumb post. Take a lap

chef dixon
02-03-2023, 10:55 AM
Dumb post. Take a lap

I'm thinking he meant to say if he beats bama (once), and ole miss consistently. Will chalk it up to punctuation lol

R2Dawg
02-03-2023, 02:51 PM
You know who beat bama and ole miss........? This guy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EkjlEvDX0AM27s3.jpg

I think you have to go back to JWS to find a coach that did it consistently in 90s.

R2Dawg
02-03-2023, 02:57 PM
4 of 21 SEC players in the Super Bowl played at MSU. Dang impressive.

We can get talent and we can win.

MBDawg601
02-03-2023, 03:28 PM
We need more offensive nfl talent to be relevant. We haven't had that in quite some time.

R2Dawg
02-03-2023, 05:04 PM
I really like CZA. He is a football guy and has sound thinking. Handles press well. He gets it, all of it. We may be on the cusp of doing some great things.

TrapGame
02-03-2023, 08:00 PM
I really like CZA. He is a football guy and has sound thinking. Handles press well. He gets it, all of it. We may be on the cusp of doing some great things.

We are seeing why Mike was so high on him. I wouldn't be surprised if two or three years from now we have big P5 programs trying to take him away.

KB21
02-03-2023, 08:06 PM
His only mistake is his decision to go away from the Air Raid.

msu15
02-03-2023, 08:32 PM

Wrong, as usual.

TheLostDawg
02-03-2023, 11:38 PM
4 of 21 SEC players in the Super Bowl played at MSU. Dang impressive.

We can get talent and we can win.

What's more impressive. 4/22 players STARTING on defense in the superbowl came from, you guessed it, State

mo7888
02-04-2023, 08:25 AM

I agree but, his statement the other day about continuing with the AR and how it would be foolish to deviate from it do give me a little hope that just maybe we're going to continue with it and see it evolve a little instead of a wholesale change.... I may be naive here taking a coach for what he said over another coaches history....but I'm hoping at least..

R2Dawg
02-04-2023, 02:35 PM
I agree but, his statement the other day about continuing with the AR and how it would be foolish to deviate from it do give me a little hope that just maybe we're going to continue with it and see it evolve a little instead of a wholesale change.... I may be naive here taking a coach for what he said over another coaches history....but I'm hoping at least..

You either didn't listen or you don't understand what CZA said. We will run some of the same passing routes. He acknowledged the AR has influenced the passing game at all levels but Leach was only one that ran a pure AR. We are going to do what others have done, use some stuff that works and adapt with some run game and different offensive approach to win games not just run a scheme.

He is here to win games not run a certain philosophy. That is what he said almost exactly.

CaptainObvious
02-04-2023, 03:12 PM
You either didn't listen or you don't understand what CZA said. We will run some of the same passing routes. He acknowledged the AR has influenced the passing game at all levels but Leach was only one that ran a pure AR. We are going to do what others have done, use some stuff that works and adapt with some run game and different offensive approach to win games not just run a scheme.

He is here to win games not run a certain philosophy. That is what he said almost exactly.

Well. So far he is 1-0 in the most important statistic. 😎

mo7888
02-04-2023, 04:22 PM

Here's the quote: Pretty self explanatory...

Looking ahead to the season, Arnett said Mississippi State?s offense in the passing game will ?heavily mirror? what it did for the past 3 years under Mike Leach. To call it a ?drastic change,? Arnett said, would be ?foolish.? Conceptually what we are going to do in the passing game will not be different from previous years, Arnett said, and added it would be ?stupid? to change when you have had success like MSU did.

Todd4State
02-05-2023, 12:23 AM

There are mixed signals between what Arnett is saying there and what Barbay says. Especially when we go out and get Mike Wright.

mo7888
02-05-2023, 07:23 AM
There are mixed signals between what Arnett is saying there and what Barbay says. Especially when we go out and get Mike Wright.

I realize that...which is why I said "I may be naive here taking a coach for what he said over another coaches history....but I'm hoping at least.."

R2Dawg
02-05-2023, 08:58 AM

If you listened to all of it, when we pass the routes, reads, etc. will be like we had before because we got Will. The O will be different especially run game part and we are going to exploit the weakness of a D. CZA has been pretty observant.

Much like Mullen did his first year, he didn't throw away a year. He used what he had the best he could to win games. CZA said he will do same, do what will win.

If you don't like that then you ain't a Bulldog fan.

viverlibre
02-05-2023, 12:31 PM
He looks erry dude from Webster County. Needs to work on this accent though. Wonder if he's a Skoal, Grizzly, Timberwolf or Copenhagen man?

mo7888
02-05-2023, 03:25 PM
If you listened to all of it, when we pass the routes, reads, etc. will be like we had before because we got Will. The O will be different especially run game part and we are going to exploit the weakness of a D. CZA has been pretty observant.

Much like Mullen did his first year, he didn't throw away a year. He used what he had the best he could to win games. CZA said he will do same, do what will win.

If you don't like that then you ain't a Bulldog fan.

It doesn't really matter who you consider a fan or not tbqh.... Everything you said was speculation based on what you 'want' to happen...it's no different than my speculation based on what I 'want' to happen.