PDA

View Full Version : Freshman

It_Could_Happen
11-29-2013, 01:55 AM
I feel like our freshman out played theirs on every level tonight. Thoughts?

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2013, 01:57 AM
Yes

thf24
11-29-2013, 02:00 AM
Wilson > Treadwell
Jones > Kimdeechee
I'd even say Williams outperformed Sunshine, who's not even a freshman. In terms of game management at least.

msstate7
11-29-2013, 02:02 AM
Richie brown (rs freshman) played a good game also

thedawg
11-29-2013, 02:04 AM
Nm

msstate7
11-29-2013, 02:06 AM
Nm

Down the stretch when the game was being decided, Wilson was the game changer, not treadwell.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2013, 02:19 AM
I think Wilson/Treadwell is a push at best. I know Wilson had a couple of big catches late in the game...but Treadwell played well too. They both had a couple of drops.

Other than that....yes, I would say our freshmen acquitted themselves nicely tonight, and they get far less attention than Mississippi's.

smootness
11-29-2013, 07:07 AM
Chris Jones is the best true freshman in the country, period. It isn't a debate, you can't measure the impact he makes on a game at the LOS. I could go on and on for days about how excited I am to be able to watch him play for us for two more years, but everyone else feels the same way. He's special, special, special, special.

Damian Williams was a stud. There were a few times I thought he was about to take a sack, go down, etc., and he stayed strong, calm, and poised all game. The play he made to evade the two rushers and hit Morrow's back shoulder was beautiful and as perfect as you can do it; Morrow didn't catch it, but Williams did everything he could possibly do.

De'Runnya Wilson was awesome and is going to be a monster. Unreal natural talent.

Will Redmond (I know he's technically a sophomore) has been a stud since day 1 that he was able to play. There's no coincidence that our secondary and defense as a whole elevated themselves to a whole new level around the time he became eligible.

Ashton Shumpert is going to be a hoss; saw him get some time, and threw a nice block on the TD by Robinson.

Saw Tolando Cleveland make a play; I've like the way he's looked when he's gotten a chance.

Jamaal Clayborn is our next big-time OL. He can be every bit as good as Gabe Jackson by the time he leaves if he wants to be.

Richie Brown was fantastic. Beniquez Brown has been fantastic all year. Brandon Holloway has been close a couple times to breaking one and showing off the kind of speed he has; if he has a breakthrough at some point like Jameon Lewis did, he's going to be a star. Nelson Adams has been great, a lot better than I expected. Fred Brown has looked great at times. AJ Jefferson, Kivon Coman....yes, things are looking up.

And I didn't even mention a guy who I think has a chance to be the best of the bunch, outside of CJ - Fred Ross.

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Smoothness nails it.

I'll just echoe the thoughts on Damian Williams. DeeDub is going to be a good one for us. The kid is really smooth, poised and strong for a true freshman. Another really good get for Mullen's staff.

smootness
11-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Go watch that OT TD by Prescott, btw, and check out Nkemdiche. Artimas Samuel pushed him 2-3 yards off the LOS. Artimas freaking Samuel.

Martianlander
11-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Chris Jones is the best true freshman in the country, period. It isn't a debate, you can't measure the impact he makes on a game at the LOS. I could go on and on for days about how excited I am to be able to watch him play for us for two more years, but everyone else feels the same way. He's special, special, special, special.

Damian Williams was a stud. There were a few times I thought he was about to take a sack, go down, etc., and he stayed strong, calm, and poised all game. The play he made to evade the two rushers and hit Morrow's back shoulder was beautiful and as perfect as you can do it; Morrow didn't catch it, but Williams did everything he could possibly do.

De'Runnya Wilson was awesome and is going to be a monster. Unreal natural talent.

Will Redmond (I know he's technically a sophomore) has been a stud since day 1 that he was able to play. There's no coincidence that our secondary and defense as a whole elevated themselves to a whole new level around the time he became eligible.

Ashton Shumpert is going to be a hoss; saw him get some time, and threw a nice block on the TD by Robinson.

Saw Tolando Cleveland make a play; I've like the way he's looked when he's gotten a chance.

Jamaal Clayborn is our next big-time OL. He can be every bit as good as Gabe Jackson by the time he leaves if he wants to be.

Richie Brown was fantastic. Beniquez Brown has been fantastic all year. Brandon Holloway has been close a couple times to breaking one and showing off the kind of speed he has; if he has a breakthrough at some point like Jameon Lewis did, he's going to be a star. Nelson Adams has been great, a lot better than I expected. Fred Brown has looked great at times. AJ Jefferson, Kivon Coman....yes, things are looking up.

And I didn't even mention a guy who I think has a chance to be the best of the bunch, outside of CJ - Fred Ross.

Absolutely-Chris Jones was all over the field and in Wallace's face and Williams played a top notch game.

paco
11-29-2013, 10:04 AM
The fact is that 90% of Treadwell's catches were at the line of scrimmage or behind the line. Is it that LQ doesn't have downfield speed? I don't know but its a question to be asked. Wilson reminds me of Randy Moss.

DCdawg
11-29-2013, 10:34 AM
The fact is that 90% of Treadwell's catches were at the line of scrimmage or behind the line. Is it that LQ doesn't have downfield speed? I don't know but its a question to be asked. Wilson reminds me of Randy Moss.

I think Wallace showed us last night what we all thought. He doesn't have the arm to throw the ball downfield. I don't think Treadwell is the problem there.

TheRef
11-29-2013, 10:43 AM
I think Wallace showed us last night what we all thought. He doesn't have the arm to throw the ball downfield. I don't think Treadwell is the problem there.

Bo might have the worst technique I've seen from an "Elite" QB as they want to make him out to be. He tries to just arm every throw instead of using a solid technique. I cringe for TSUN's sake when he throws it.