PDA

View Full Version : Bumphis on Barbay

Leroy Jenkins
01-30-2023, 09:31 PM
Sounds like we runnin' the flexbone. ****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg0T8DKMz_8

Commercecomet24
01-30-2023, 09:51 PM
John Bond was hired as a special consultant to help us with the triple option***

Goldendawg
01-31-2023, 12:27 PM
John Bond was hired as a special consultant to help us with the triple option***

Getting Will up to par to run it may be an issue!****

Leroy Jenkins
01-31-2023, 03:50 PM
Getting Will up to par to run it may be an issue!****

We are going to run wildcat unless its 3rd and long.

yjnkdawg
01-31-2023, 03:59 PM
We probably just need to find some more offensive linemen who only know how to block for a triple option offense and have no pass blocking experience since somebody said we weren't going to be passing the ball at all. Maybe somebody should contact Barbay to verify this before we hit the portal looking.***

Goldendawg
01-31-2023, 04:02 PM
I hope we put a QB sneak in our playbook. I hate lining up with a QB five yards behind the line on 4th and very short!

yjnkdawg
01-31-2023, 04:06 PM
I hope we put a QB sneak in our playbook. I hate lining up with a QB five yards behind the line on 4th and very short!

In actuality I think that is a package in Barbay's playbook. Could be a transfer QB running it but you just never know.

paverdog
01-31-2023, 04:16 PM
In actuality I think that is a package in Barbay's playbook. Could be a transfer QB running it but you just never know.

Thats great to know. I'm so sick of seeing us line up in shotgun for years on 3rd and 4th in short. A breath of fresh air to see.

coachnorm
01-31-2023, 04:16 PM
I have looked at Barbays work with App. St and have not seen any video evidence of some post from fellow elitedoggers. I see a spread offense with a TE. I see stretch plays i.e. outside zone plays with similar plays ran by many programs in college football. I see the deep ball featured in many cases. Thoughts?

TrapGame
01-31-2023, 04:29 PM

I'll have to go look but didn't App St. do that to A&M on a couple of 4th and shorts?

Commercecomet24
01-31-2023, 04:32 PM
I have looked at Barbays work with App. St and have not seen any video evidence of some post from fellow elitedoggers. I see a spread offense with a TE. I see stretch plays i.e. outside zone plays with similar plays ran by many programs in college football. I see the deep ball featured in many cases. Thoughts?

You are correct, sir!

paverdog
01-31-2023, 04:36 PM
I might be wrong, i've thought i heard he gave an interview, and he said someone ask him does he go under center any, and his answer was yes.

yjnkdawg
01-31-2023, 05:34 PM
I might be wrong, i've thought i heard he gave an interview, and he said someone ask him does he go under center any, and his answer was yes.

He did say that on one of the MSU podcasts, but I can't remember which one. I think it was the one where Bart Gregory interviewed him, but I'm not sure.

paverdog
01-31-2023, 05:47 PM
He did say that on one of the MSU podcasts, but I can't remember which one. I think it was the one where Bart Gregory interviewed him, but I'm not sure.

Glad I wasn't dreaming that. Good deal.

Jack Lambert
01-31-2023, 06:56 PM

I heard it was to coach passing.********

Commercecomet24
01-31-2023, 07:28 PM

Ah, you could be right, lol!

BrunswickDawg
01-31-2023, 10:50 PM

Don't bring facts into this discussion!*****

yjnkdawg
02-01-2023, 12:24 AM

Triple option passing could surprise some DC's since they think (they have probably already received notification from someone in the know on Barbay's offense ) that we are going to run the ball 3 times each series and then probably end up punting on 4th down. :rolleyes:

Leroy Jenkins
02-01-2023, 07:46 AM
Pro-style. Run, run, pass, punt.

lastmajordog
02-02-2023, 08:04 PM
del