PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy fans

parabrave
01-29-2023, 10:59 PM
Jerrah does something right and fires Kellen Moore. Hopefully he gets someone with more imagination.

Bothrops
01-29-2023, 11:01 PM
I wish Dak would leave those buckets alone.

Homedawg
01-29-2023, 11:37 PM
Jerrah does something right and fires Kellen Moore. Hopefully he gets someone with more imagination.

McCarthy is calling the plays. So - no it wasn't the right call. People can say what they want about moore , but his offensive numbers are legit wo any wr talent at all. And from what this board says they're worst OL in football. So...

Commercecomet24
01-29-2023, 11:39 PM
McCarthy is caring the plays. So - no it wasn't the right call. People can say what they want about moore , but his offensive numbers are legit wo any wr talent at all. And from what this board says they're worst OL in football. So...

McCarthy calling the plays will be a disaster.

SpaceBully
01-30-2023, 05:34 AM
Moore will be a NFL coach soon.

bulldawg28
01-30-2023, 07:06 AM
Great call. Kellen Moore's offense reminds me of Leach's, big numbers but against good teams it disappears.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-30-2023, 07:16 AM
Zeke still there tho. I think they can cut him in June and not take as big of a cap hit.

Really Clark?
01-30-2023, 07:24 AM
Moore will be a NFL coach soon.

Well, he's an NFL coach now so it's not soon, it's already happened.***. Lol

KOdawg1
01-30-2023, 08:26 AM
McCarthy calling plays won't be any better.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-30-2023, 08:28 AM
McCarthy calling plays won't be any better.
It will be Daks fault.

KOdawg1
01-30-2023, 08:38 AM
It will be Daks fault.
If he leads the league in interceptions again, it will be. Love Dak and I realize all the interceptions weren't his fault, but he's got to be better next year, or it could be his last in a Cowboys uniform

BorneDawg
01-30-2023, 09:27 AM
Hey I'm with ya on Dak gotta be better going forward but in his defense he needs more stability at OL he was one if not the most pressured QBs this season. Pair that with only one decent WR and on OK TE he has to take more risk. On the play calling it was so predictable at times especially in the 49's game my 4 year old knew what the play was before they ran it. the 49's db was breaking on it before the play developed..... Use Dak right and get some help (OL and WR) mix up the calls better and maybe we can get over the hump

EdwardDrayton
01-30-2023, 09:50 AM
If he leads the league in interceptions again, it will be. Love Dak and I realize all the interceptions weren't his fault, but he's got to be better next year, or it could be his last in a Cowboys uniform

Too many first and second down run plays. Put them in third and long and Dak tried to make something happen with receivers who can't separate. And he had to make decisions typically in 2 to 2.5 seconds with the pressure. Between that and the picks that receivers deflected or didn't run a clean route, his INT numbers wouod not have looked like that.

BoomBoom
01-30-2023, 11:22 AM
McCarthy is calling the plays. So - no it wasn't the right call. People can say what they want about moore , but his offensive numbers are legit wo any wr talent at all. And from what this board says they're worst OL in football. So...

My take is that when something was working and the Cowboys were ahead, Moore kept his foot on the gas and ran up the score. Good for him. The problem was when it wasn't working, he had no answers, no creativity, no adjustments.

Cooterpoot
01-30-2023, 11:26 AM
Kellen Moore got killed this year. When opposing players and commentators are saying they know every route by formation, that's bad. McCarthy won't be any worse. He's called plays and been to the Super Bowl. Jerry is setting him up to either win or be fired. That's why Quinn stayed. Quinn will be the next HC if things don't work out next year.
Mire's offense put Dak in terrible positions a lot.
They were showing five WRs that all ran curl routes one play against SF. Dak threw a pick. It basically set Dak up to get undercut by the DBs. Moore wasn't good. He also abandoned the run too often. Now, Will Jerry get Dak some play makers? That's the greatest issue.

Cowbell
01-30-2023, 12:03 PM
McCarthy calling the plays will be a disaster.

Yes this won't end well

Cowbell
01-30-2023, 12:05 PM
Kellen Moore got killed this year. When opposing players and commentators are saying they know every route by formation, that's bad. McCarthy won't be any worse. He's called plays and been to the Super Bowl. Jerry is setting him up to either win or be fired. That's why Quinn stayed. Quinn will be the next HC if things don't work out next year.
Mire's offense put Dak in terrible positions a lot.
They were showing five WRs that all ran curl routes one play against SF. Dak threw a pick. It basically set Dak up to get undercut by the DBs. Moore wasn't good. He also abandoned the run too often. Now, Will Jerry get Dak some play makers? That's the greatest issue.

This is fact. You put dak on any of the four teams that played yesterday and he is in the SB

bulldawg28
01-30-2023, 02:15 PM
This is fact. You put dak on any of the four teams that played yesterday and he is in the SB

Except KC. They lost pretty much all of their playmakers and Malhomes still found a way!

Goldendawg
01-30-2023, 02:24 PM
Hey I'm with ya on Dak gotta be better going forward but in his defense he needs more stability at OL he was one if not the most pressured QBs this season. Pair that with only one decent WR and on OK TE he has to take more risk. On the play calling it was so predictable at times especially in the 49's game my 4 year old knew what the play was before they ran it. the 49's db was breaking on it before the play developed..... Use Dak right and get some help (OL and WR) mix up the calls better and maybe we can get over the hump

Dak also does not need to be a pure pocket passer. Move him around like other successful NFL teams with mobile QB's.

parabrave
01-30-2023, 02:41 PM
Dak also does not need to be a pure pocket passer. Move him around like other successful NFL teams with mobile QB's.

Problem is Dak isn't as mobile as he used to be.

MaroonFlounder
01-30-2023, 02:59 PM

Then you risk him getting another major injury.

Good luck with that.

Cooterpoot
01-30-2023, 02:59 PM
Except KC. They lost pretty much all of their playmakers and Malhomes still found a way!

They've got the best QB and TE(in history). Dak isn't Mahomes for sure. But Andy Reid so far ahead of Kellen Moore/McCarthy it's not even describable. They're going to have a tough time with Philly. NFC was better than people think.

Cowbell
01-30-2023, 03:47 PM

You mean Chris Jones found a way.

Cowbell
01-30-2023, 03:47 PM
Then you risk him getting another major injury.

Good luck with that.

He means bootlegs and rolling out more

Commercecomet24
01-30-2023, 03:57 PM
They've got the best QB and TE(in history). Dak isn't Mahomes for sure. But Andy Reid so far ahead of Kellen Moore/McCarthy it's not even describable. They're going to have a tough time with Philly. NFC was better than people think.

Yeah huge DIFFERENCE in head coach and play calling.

Philly will probably win by 10+

basedog
01-30-2023, 04:20 PM

What a beast. Gotta be the MVP on defense. Man think bout Jones, Cox & Simmons as ur DL.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2023, 04:29 PM
What a beast. Gotta be the MVP on defense. Man think bout Jones, Cox & Simmons as ur DL.

Jimmy Johnson said yesterday Chris was the best dl in the nfl this year and it wasn't even close

mparkerfd20
01-30-2023, 04:44 PM

He means the NFL found a way to get the teams they wanted in the SB. Pretty favorable officiating for KC yday. Philly got more benefits of the doubt early as well before SF ran out of QBs.

ImissCityBagel
01-30-2023, 06:26 PM
When are they going to get receivers that can create separation?

Also as far as Dak running, he tends to run a lot more in postseason. With his past injuries, and how Mullen used him, I can understand why he isn't taking off every play. Dak's running is best though when they have to respect the run and have to prepare for the run no matter the look.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2023, 06:33 PM
He means the NFL found a way to get the teams they wanted in the SB. Pretty favorable officiating for KC yday. Philly got more benefits of the doubt early as well before SF ran out of QBs.

I didn't have a dog in the hunt as far as the 4 teams playing yesterday but there was some pretty questionable calls in both games that favored kc and Philly. Looks like the nfl had hired sec officials. On the last punt return that put kc in that good field position the only way the guy got outside was the gunner on that side got shoved to the ground from behind and no call. On the last mahomes scramble the only reason mahomes got outside was the right tackle was holding. Things that make you go hmmm.

Thick
01-30-2023, 07:25 PM
Kellen Clark now the new OC for San Diego.

schddog72
01-30-2023, 07:29 PM

Also fired 5 other assistants, all seemingly excess baggage. Cowboys had 29 coaches!!

schddog72
01-30-2023, 07:34 PM
Zeke still there tho. I think they can cut him in June and not take as big of a cap hit.

According to ESPN writers, Cowboys won't resign Pollard because of the $$ cost to keep him and because they've got so much $$ tied up in Zeke. Cowboys probably will be looking for RB help thru free agency and the draft. If it were me, I'd dump Zeke and resign Pollard. But with Jerrah, one never knows!!

NCDawg
01-30-2023, 07:40 PM

I agree. I don't think it was the right call either. I'd rather see McCarthy fired.

Cooterpoot
01-30-2023, 08:20 PM
According to ESPN writers, Cowboys won't resign Pollard because of the $$ cost to keep him and because they've got so much $$ tied up in Zeke. Cowboys probably will be looking for RB help thru free agency and the draft. If it were me, I'd dump Zeke and resign Pollard. But with Jerrah, one never knows!!

Zeke is done in Dallas unless they sign him for real cheap. Dallas will be going after a RB.

Cowbell
01-31-2023, 12:03 AM
Word on the street is to expect the cowboys to go after Brian Johnson from the eagles as an assistant oc/qb coach from the eagles. The Brian Johnson that was here with Dak at one time.

parabrave
01-31-2023, 12:43 AM

Pollard is worth the Money. Getting rid of elliot, now just a glorifired fat fullback, is worth the hit the cap will take.

Cowbell
01-31-2023, 10:21 AM
Pollard is worth the Money. Getting rid of elliot, now just a glorifired fat fullback, is worth the hit the cap will take.

Zeke isn't worth the money. But the guy is in excellent shape. He is just not very good any more. It takes a special type of athlete to be a special RB in the league and power backs like zeke are a dying breed unless they are monsters like Henry. The 4 teams that were playing this weekend all have versatile athletes at RB - none have true power backs.

Cooterpoot
01-31-2023, 12:24 PM

Pollard is asking for huge money for a RB with a broken leg. Dallas has had a lot of success signing FA RBs in the past. Won't be surprised if they draft one too.

Dawg_Lover
01-31-2023, 07:47 PM
Since I learn so much from different discussions & opinions here, I would like to hear opinions on whether Pollard will stay or go, whether voluntary or not. I have really enjoyed watching him play.

BTW, my favorite football anecdote this year involved Trevon Diggs 5yo son. At his own birthday party, he walked up to Zeke Elliott and told him, ?Zeke, you don?t run very hard! You don?t hit the holes very hard!? 😂