PDA

View Full Version : Dogs vs Dogs Ladies Style

EdwardDrayton
01-29-2023, 02:56 PM
Just a horrible first half for the Lady Dawgs vs Georgia. Sixteen points. 20.8% from the floor. 1-10 from 3. Down 15.

Goldendawg
01-29-2023, 03:11 PM
I have not watched a women's game this year in its entirety, but did watch parts of both our beatdowns by OM and have kept up with scores and W/L. Before the season started, in the team videos Purcell seemed to come across as wanting to be the players' buddy. JoMo 2.0, but basketball? He also reminds me of a character that should be on Andy of Mayberry.***. May be another typical Cohen parting gift. JMO. Maybe he just needs his players. They sure looked better under interim Coach Norvell.

EdwardDrayton
01-29-2023, 03:40 PM
Georgia 52, Dawgs 27. End of 3. Ladies have committed 21 turnovers already. Oof.

EdwardDrayton
01-29-2023, 04:03 PM
No other way to say it. Just an embarrassing loss 62-34. Lowest point total of the season (previous 50 points).

Stat line that is almost unbelievably bad:

26.7% from the field, 12-45
8-14 from FTL, 57.1%
13.3% from 3, 2-15
27 turnovers

No words.

Dawgology
01-29-2023, 04:05 PM
New AD going to get to make a hire pretty quickly

Quaoarsking
01-29-2023, 04:15 PM
New AD going to get to make a hire pretty quickly

This team is likely going to the NCAA Tournament after having missed it the last 2 years, so probably not?

EdwardDrayton
01-29-2023, 04:28 PM
This team is likely going to the NCAA Tournament after having missed it the last 2 years, so probably not?

Oh yeah no doubt. It's a shame though; they were in a position to at least hold their NET ranking in the thirties.

tcdog70
01-29-2023, 04:32 PM
Making Annie a facilitator was stupid. Let her shoot—please. Soft on defense

NCMSTFAN
01-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Way too much talent on this team to get beat the way we have the last 2 games.

Jessika Carter, the Hayes sisters, Jerkaila Jordan, Debreasha Powe, Alana Smith, Ramani Parker, Kourtney Weber are all ESPN hoopgurlz top 100 players. Some of them are ranked on the high end... I liked Purcell in the beginning but I'm starting to dislike what I'm seeing, he appears to be too friendly and wants the girls to love him, there are times you have to be mean and I don't see that in him. This was embarrassing

civildawg
01-29-2023, 04:44 PM
In the same boat as you. I was initially excited about the hire and the stuff he said, but he seems to have a little jomo in him with wanting to be friends instead of coach

PendingTransaction
01-29-2023, 04:53 PM
Looks like locker room issues. Short of running off two or three, I don't know how a coach fixes it. It's probably more on the assistants.

EdwardDrayton
01-29-2023, 04:59 PM
Looks like locker room issues. Short of running off two or three, I don't know how a coach fixes it. It's probably more on the assistants.

Do tell. Thought we had fixed that with the diva leaving.

NCMSTFAN
01-29-2023, 05:32 PM

Are you assuming or do you know something? I thought we got rid of the locker room problems already

yjnkdawg
01-29-2023, 06:27 PM
Are you assuming or do you know something? I thought we got rid of the locker room problems already

When somebody says "looks like something" that is what they usually think something is or appears to be to them. It's not the same as saying we have locker room issues. I wasn't aware of any locker room issues now either.

PendingTransaction
01-29-2023, 06:41 PM
Exactly. I know nothing. Just deductive reasoning based on rotation and minutes distribution over the last few weeks.

EdwardDrayton
01-29-2023, 06:48 PM
Exactly. I know nothing. Just deductive reasoning based on rotation and minutes distribution over the last few weeks.

Hmmm ....... not at all sure that's indicative of locker room issues.

maroonmania
01-29-2023, 06:56 PM
Purcell was a total gamble hire. Never been a HC and was not even the top assistant at UL. Good recruiter but he's learning on the job to be a HC. On paper he's much more of a gamble than even NMP who had at least run the OD program but was a bust for us.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-29-2023, 07:10 PM
Purcell was a total gamble hire. Never been a HC and was not even the top assistant at UL. Good recruiter but he's learning on the job to be a HC. On paper he's much more of a gamble than even NMP who had at least run the OD program but was a bust for us.

Classic Cohen Hire.

MaroonFlounder
01-29-2023, 08:07 PM
COHEN is gone.

Bring back VIC.

EdwardDrayton
01-29-2023, 08:10 PM
COHEN is gone.

Bring back VIC.

Unfortunately that can never happen.

MaroonFlounder
01-29-2023, 08:35 PM
Unfortunately that can never happen.

Those rumors were debunked.

EdwardDrayton
01-29-2023, 08:37 PM
Those rumors were debunked.

By whom

Quaoarsking
01-29-2023, 09:27 PM
COHEN is gone.

Bring back VIC.

You really think he would just leave Texas and come back? Surely that ship has sailed...

Bothrops
01-29-2023, 10:24 PM
Vic ain't leaving Texas to come back and compete with Mulkey and the Queen.

maroonmania
01-29-2023, 10:40 PM
Vic ain't leaving Texas to come back and compete with Mulkey and the Queen.

Vic is not coming back and our WBB program went out the door when he did. Got too much to worry about with men's big 3 sports than to lose any sleep over any of our women's sports. It was fun while it lasted.

Bothrops
01-29-2023, 10:49 PM
Vic is not coming back and our WBB program went out the door when he did. Got too much to worry about with men's big 3 sports than to lose any sleep over any of our women's sports. It was fun while it lasted.

100% agree, and it's why I'd give Purcell plenty of time. We just need to be middle tier in the league.

Ari Gold
01-29-2023, 11:17 PM

This.... Case closed...

NCMSTFAN
01-30-2023, 10:01 AM
When somebody says "looks like something" that is what they usually think something is or appears to be to them. It's not the same as saying we have locker room issues. I wasn't aware of any locker room issues now either.

I know what that typically means but I wanted clarification because that's a random assumption to throw out there with no real proof of locker room issues.

NCMSTFAN
01-30-2023, 10:02 AM
Hmmm ....... not at all sure that's indicative of locker room issues.
Exactly... that was my point

Cooterpoot
01-30-2023, 11:52 AM
Let me see, our program was blown the hell up. We're on coach 4 in 3 years? It's a GD train wreck of a program. Purcell is trying to coach girls that just don't play well together and never have. We're short, don't have a PG, killed our best scorer by having to play her at PG, got a soft 5 that's a head case, got a couple selfish girls that will put it up running 1 on 4.
We need a total reboot in that locker room. Not because they're problems, but they just aren't a good team.
Purcell has a solid class. He's supposedly a strong recruiter. It's time to start the youth movement ASAP.

MaroonFlounder
01-30-2023, 01:06 PM
Let me see, our program was blown the hell up. We're on coach 4 in 3 years? It's a GD train wreck of a program. Purcell is trying to coach girls that just don't play well together and never have. We're short, don't have a PG, killed our best scorer by having to play her at PG, got a soft 5 that's a head case, got a couple selfish girls that will put it up running 1 on 4.
We need a total reboot in that locker room. Not because they're problems, but they just aren't a good team.
Purcell has a solid class. He's supposedly a strong recruiter. It's time to start the youth movement ASAP.

The problem was Rickea Jackson. Now she's gone.

Pancho
01-30-2023, 04:55 PM
a few more games like the last 2 and possibly folks eyes will open just a touch more.

NCMSTFAN
01-30-2023, 08:38 PM

If what you are saying is true we lose alot of this team next year. Jessika Carter, Annie Hayes, A. Johnson, Kourtney Weber, Ahlana Smith and probably the other 2 Hayes sisters are gone next year so he will have his girls.. I know he can recruit but his coaching is what is unknown still