PDA

View Full Version : Been tied up all day, so I'll make it quick....

CadaverDawg
11-29-2013, 01:26 AM
The main reason I held back from saying I wanted Mullen fired was because I knew there was still a chance he could redeem himself. I definitely didn't think it would happen though, and I admittedly had little faith after the South Carolina game. I honestly thought we would limp to the finish line, he would lose the team, and we would NEED a new coach. But by God, I was wrong.

We played A&M tough, then Bama, then beat Ark, and then defied odds by beating OM even with our 3rd string QB playing most of the game.

So Dan, you still leave me scratching my head at times....but I have to eat crow on this one and give you major props for not only not losing the team, but turning it around even after all of the injuries. Well ****ing done, sir.

As for the team....guys, I'm not sure everybody realizes just how big this win was. 4 straight bowls and 4 of the last 5 over our rivals is big. Tonight is the only way to stop OM momentum and turn it back in to OUR state...and we did it. I could not be prouder of our team, players, coaches, and fans with the great support tonight. And I bet everybody is lovin them damn uniforms now, AmIRight? Ha.

Hail damn State, and instead of people pounding their chest and calling out "Mullen Haterz!!1!!"....let's all just celebrate the victory and realize that this is what we all wanted and rooted for.

Proud to be a Bulldog, and GO TO HELL OLE MISS!

Schultzy
11-29-2013, 01:37 AM
The main reason I held back from saying I wanted Mullen fired was because I knew there was still a chance he could redeem himself. I definitely didn't think it would happen though, and I admittedly had little faith after the South Carolina game. I honestly thought we would limp to the finish line, he would lose the team, and we would NEED a new coach. But by God, I was wrong.

We played A&M tough, then Bama, then beat Ark, and then defied odds by beating OM even with our 3rd string QB playing most of the game.

So Dan, you still leave me scratching my head at times....but I have to eat crow on this one and give you major props for not only not losing the team, but turning it around even after all of the injuries. Well ****ing done, sir.

As for the team....guys, I'm not sure everybody realizes just how big this win was. 4 straight bowls and 4 of the last 5 over our rivals is big. Tonight is the only way to stop OM momentum and turn it back in to OUR state...and we did it. I could not be prouder of our team, players, coaches, and fans with the great support tonight. And I bet everybody is lovin them damn uniforms now, AmIRight? Ha.

Hail damn State, and instead of people pounding their chest and calling out "Mullen Haterz!!1!!"....let's all just celebrate the victory and realize that this is what we all wanted and rooted for.

Proud to be a Bulldog, and GO TO HELL OLE MISS!

Dude, you took the let it play out stance which is hard to do after you've become so pissed in the middle of the season. You stopped with all the negative and waited til after it was over which can be hard to do!
Good job.

archdog
11-29-2013, 01:39 AM
Cadaver great post. I find myself thinking about this program and taking the next step. It has been very difficult for our team to take the step into the middle level SEC. Tonight I think we did.

Think about it. All the terrible calls, 3rd string qb, Special Team mistakes, and we still pushed to win the game. This is the game we have waited for and our team won.

The next step is for our fans to pull in the same direction. We have to take the next step. We have to build up the persona that is MSU and not work to divide it. Our programs growth is limited by our need to look back at UMs misery, when we need to be looking ahead at our growth and future.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2013, 01:44 AM
Great thoughts Cadaver. Judging by Mullen's post-game comments, how he handled Dak's mother dying, how he handled the injuries, and how he never lost this team, tells us a lot about what type of coach and man we have leading our program.

Yes, Dan is arrogant, bull headed, makes dumb decisions, but my goodness do his players like playing for him, and my goodness does he care a lot about them. There are many coaches in the country that are phonies, and paint themselves as a person that they really aren't, but Dan is just the opposite. He paints himself as the arrogant bad guy that is awkward and can't recruit, but in reality deep down, he runs a clean program, gets his players to play their asses off, evaluates talent as good as anyone and has created a family atmosphere in our football program where everyone realizes that everyone else has their back.

Well done Mr. Mullen, there are some adjustments that you need to make to take us the top tier next level, but you are the man to lead this football program.

We are the Oakland A's of College football.

FlabLoser
11-29-2013, 01:51 AM
WE WON THE ****ING EGG BOWL IN BALL BUSTING FASHION.

Pour a beer. Enjoy it.