PDA

View Full Version : Chip Carey to the Cardinals?

Todd4State
01-23-2023, 09:38 PM
What do ye Braves and Cubs fans feel about that?

Let's hope he doesn't hook up with the Cardinals owners wife. (If you know you know)

BrunswickDawg
01-23-2023, 09:46 PM
I've never been a big Chip fan. He's always seemed like a less obnoxious Joe Buck. Honestly, since the Braves left TBS I watched and listened less and less. Ernie Sr., Skip, Pete (who was very under rated) and Don are impossible to replace, and new guys all talk too much.

msstate7
01-23-2023, 09:50 PM
I don't hate chip like most brave fans. He was ok.

I hope Jim Powell or Ben Ingram get the spot. I really like both radio guys

Commercecomet24
01-23-2023, 09:52 PM
Never liked chip. He's not good. Glad he's leaving. His "There's a drive to left field!!!" On a pop up that didn't go 300 feet drove me crazy. I agree with Bruns, I listened to Ernie sr, Pete, Skip, Don and Joe so long none of the new guys seem right. Heck I used to listen to Ernie, Pete and Skip on the radio before we had cable tv!

trob115
01-23-2023, 09:59 PM
Good riddance

BrunswickDawg
01-23-2023, 10:25 PM
Never liked chip. He's not good. Glad he's leaving. His "There's a drive to left field!!!" On a pop up that didn't go 300 feet drove me crazy. I agree with Bruns, I listened to Ernie sr, Pete, Skip, Don and Joe so long none of the new guys seem right. Heck I used to listen to Ernie, Pete and Skip on the radio before we had cable tv!

It's really a lost art. I loved staying up late in the summer seeing what AM broadcasts I could pick up. On good nights I could get St Louis and Jack Buck, or fall asleep listening to Vin Scully.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2023, 10:31 PM
It's really a lost art. I loved staying up late in the summer seeing what AM broadcasts I could pick up. On good nights I could get St Louis and Jack Buck, or fall asleep listening to Vin Scully.

Yep same here. I have some great memories listening to the Braves, Cardinals, Rangers, Astros. When we lived in Arizona for a few years back in early 70s i listened to vin scully every night. There really was something magical about listening to baseball on the radio. Those great ones could paint a picture for you that you could see in your mind. I'd go back in a heartbeat

msstate7
01-23-2023, 10:35 PM
I know it won't happen, but I would love Jon miller. And since we dreaming, throw in Steve stone for color

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-23-2023, 10:58 PM
Jon Miller and Joe Morgan on Sunday Night baseball in the summer is an A+ memory for me growing up.

Todd4State
01-23-2023, 11:35 PM
I don't hate chip like most brave fans. He was ok.

I hope Jim Powell or Ben Ingram get the spot. I really like both radio guys

I would like to see Ben Ingram get Caray's spot for the Braves. His Dad played baseball back in the 1970's for MSU.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2023, 11:40 PM
Jon Miller and Joe Morgan on Sunday Night baseball in the summer is an A+ memory for me growing up.

You're a young un ain't ya? Lol

Todd4State
01-23-2023, 11:46 PM
You're a young un ain't ya? Lol

I liked Jon Miller. Couldn't stand Joe Morgan and his "when I played for the Big Red Machine" reminder every inning while I'm watching the Red Sox and Twins.

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-24-2023, 07:39 AM
Lol. Just a couple from 40, Commerce

Cooterpoot
01-24-2023, 09:39 AM
Harry Carey started out in St. Louis before going to the Cubs. By the way, Carey isn't even their real last name. It's like Caribino or something. Harry changed it to Carey.

basedog
01-24-2023, 10:00 AM
No one was more entertaining back in the day than with Pee Wee Reese and Dizziy Dean.

Fader21
01-24-2023, 10:24 AM
I would like to see Ben Ingram get Caray's spot for the Braves. His Dad played baseball back in the 1970's for MSU.

The same guy who is accused of sexual assault as a youth pastor?

KB21
01-24-2023, 11:08 AM
I'm glad he's leaving. The guy routinely ignored and took shots at the analytics of the game. He constantly talked about the need to play small ball when the analytics prove that small ball is essentially worthless.