PDA

View Full Version : I?m not defending him anymore

PikeDawg15
01-22-2023, 09:31 PM
Dak will never ever get the cowboys out of the divisional round. Ever

If they want to win they need to trade him.

ImissCityBagel
01-22-2023, 09:47 PM
If they want to win they need to trade Zeke.

KB21
01-22-2023, 09:47 PM
The Cowboys need an ownership change, not a QB change. Give Dak a better coach than Mike McCarthy. Someone from the Shanahan tree.

KB21
01-22-2023, 09:51 PM
Or the Andy Reid tree.

Maroonthirteen
01-23-2023, 05:52 AM
Yeah, I am not going to argue with anyone. He isn't an elite NFL QB. However, Dak is better than some they have trotted out at the QB position over the years. What Dallas needs is a stud RB.

Maybe one of you guys that study the salary cap can chime in, but I think they can cut Zeke and free up 4.8 million to find a RB. But I think they can save more if they wait until June 1......

PRE-6/1 RELEASE
2023 Dead Cap: $11,860,000
2023 Cap Savings: $4,860,000
PRE-6/1 TRADE
POST-6/1 RELEASE
2023 Dead Cap: $5,820,000
2024 Dead Cap: $6,040,000
2023 Cap Savings: $10,900,000
POST-6/1 TRADE

MetEdDawg
01-23-2023, 06:26 AM
Dak has to limit the turnovers. Yes he had some stupid ones that bounced off WRs hands and chest, but he's got to clean it up. They might win last night without that red zone turnover.

But the Cowboys need to get better at WR. They've got to get a couple guys that can play with good teams. Lamb is the only good WR they have. The rest of those guys aren't starting for anyone else in the playoffs except maybe the Giants and we saw what happened to them in the playoffs this week.

Tbonewannabe
01-23-2023, 07:13 AM
Dak has to limit the turnovers. Yes he had some stupid ones that bounced off WRs hands and chest, but he's got to clean it up. They might win last night without that red zone turnover.

But the Cowboys need to get better at WR. They've got to get a couple guys that can play with good teams. Lamb is the only good WR they have. The rest of those guys aren't starting for anyone else in the playoffs except maybe the Giants and we saw what happened to them in the playoffs this week.

Dak has consistently had some of the worst WRs in the NFL. There are metrics that show that Dallas WRs get the least separation in the league. That Oline isn't great anymore either. He was pretty much hurried on every throw but they also couldn't run the ball.

I think all that has led him to be way more risky with the ball. He is still a top 10 QB but doesn't have very much help on offense.

BrunswickDawg
01-23-2023, 09:55 AM
Dak has consistently had some of the worst WRs in the NFL. There are metrics that show that Dallas WRs get the least separation in the league. That Oline isn't great anymore either. He was pretty much hurried on every throw but they also couldn't run the ball.

I think all that has led him to be way more risky with the ball. He is still a top 10 QB but doesn't have very much help on offense.

I think Pollard going down hurt Dallas more than anything. After that Dak really started pressing, and SF knew they didn't have to defend the run because Dallas doesn't trust Elliott to make more than 2 yards on a play.
Dak may not be Elite, but he's been carrying Dallas for the better part of 8 seasons now.

louisvilledawg
01-23-2023, 10:01 AM
I think Pollard going down hurt Dallas more than anything. After that Dak really started pressing, and SF knew they didn't have to defend the run because Dallas doesn't trust Elliott to make more than 2 yards on a play.
Dak may not be Elite, but he's been carrying Dallas for the better part of 8 seasons now.

Damn, that makes me feel old. I still picture him as being in the league for only like 3 seasons.

msudawglb
01-23-2023, 10:11 AM
Yeah, Dak won?t win with Dallas. Hell, Dallas won?t win with any QB. Too many bad decisions being made by Jerry.

Zeke needs to go. Mistake #1 was giving him that big contract when he held out.

Turpin needs to be a WR. Dak needs a speed guy.

They need a true #1 WR. Lamb has the hands and speed but he?s too little. He gets pushed around and can?t go get the ball.

Get rid of McCarthy. Terrible hire from the beginning.

KB21
01-23-2023, 10:13 AM
If you pair Dak with someone that runs the Andy Reid style of offense or someone that runs the Shanahan offense, he is absolutely an elite QB.

I'm not a Dallas fan, but Dan Quinn is a guy who had Kyle Shanahan as his offensive coordinator and a bunch of head coaches from that tree on his coaching staff in Atlanta. Fire McCarthy, promote Dan Quinn to head coach, and let him go out an hire someone like Mike LaFleur to install the Shanahan scheme in Dallas. LaFleur was hampered in New York by a crap QB.

Tbonewannabe
01-23-2023, 11:18 AM
If you pair Dak with someone that runs the Andy Reid style of offense or someone that runs the Shanahan offense, he is absolutely an elite QB.

I'm not a Dallas fan, but Dan Quinn is a guy who had Kyle Shanahan as his offensive coordinator and a bunch of head coaches from that tree on his coaching staff in Atlanta. Fire McCarthy, promote Dan Quinn to head coach, and let him go out an hire someone like Mike LaFleur to install the Shanahan scheme in Dallas. LaFleur was hampered in New York by a crap QB.

Or get Sean Payton. Jerry probably going to screw up the first round pick anyway.

GoDawgz
01-23-2023, 11:42 AM
Yep....all Daks fault.
Did he play well? No, but please consider......
He had ONE offensive weapon on the field with him after Pollard went down! ONE.
There wasnt another offensive player that could get any separation for him to throw to.
The first pick was because Gallup didnt come back for the ball, just stopped. The second was because Dak didn't see the off side DB and tried to force it to the only WR he had in CeeDee.
Zeke is a glorified fullback at best that hasnt done anything since he got paid.
Kellen Moore is a joke as an OC, and the last play was the icing on the cake.
McCarthy is Jason "the clapper" Garret 2.0. (says yes to whatever Jerry says)
The 49ers had better coaching and it showed.

It doesnt matter who is at QB,RB,WR... Dallas will not win big until Jerry is gone.
For those of us that have been life long State and Cowboys fans, there are 2 favorite times of the season...... 1st is when football season starts, 2nd is when football season ends.

Ok, I'm done

Political Hack
01-23-2023, 11:59 AM
CeeDee and Schultz are all he had to work with. That throw to CeeDee down the seam should've been a walk in TD. Dak didn't think the LB could get back and cover that quick after showing blitz pre-snap. SF just out-coached them. Showed them what they wanted to see and then took it away. They mixed man and zone coverages with the nickel in zone and others in man. Kellen Moore, who I like as an OC, got his ass handed to him last night. People will blame Dak because he didn't have good numbers, but this loss is on Moore and the GM more so than Dak.

msstate7
01-23-2023, 12:09 PM
Or get Sean Payton. Jerry probably going to screw up the first round pick anyway.

Sean bout to be a bronco. 2nd interview is Thursday.

R2Dawg
01-23-2023, 12:40 PM
Yeah, Dak won?t win with Dallas. Hell, Dallas won?t win with any QB. Too many bad decisions being made by Jerry.

Zeke needs to go. Mistake #1 was giving him that big contract when he held out.

Turpin needs to be a WR. Dak needs a speed guy.

They need a true #1 WR. Lamb has the hands and speed but he?s too little. He gets pushed around and can?t go get the ball.

Get rid of McCarthy. Terrible hire from the beginning.

Except for Lamb, none of Dak's WR get any separation. His WR group is about the weakest in NFL. Getting rid of Cooper without a replacement was stupid. Dak has shown over and over he has the skills. He was what 2nd in NFL in yards last year? He has set numerous records.

Last night looked like MSU playing the air raid with SF jumping cheesy routes by WR. Idk if it was playcalling or what.

When you got no one open and pressure, what are you gonna do, throw it out of bounds every down? Dak has little options so he is forcing some throws in trying to make a play that isn't there.

msstate7
01-23-2023, 12:45 PM
When dak signed a 4-year 160 million contract he lost to ability to blame supporting cast. Mega contracts for qbs will cost you supporting cast

BrunswickDawg
01-23-2023, 02:39 PM
CeeDee and Schultz are all he had to work with. That throw to CeeDee down the seam should've been a walk in TD. Dak didn't think the LB could get back and cover that quick after showing blitz pre-snap. SF just out-coached them. Showed them what they wanted to see and then took it away. They mixed man and zone coverages with the nickel in zone and others in man. Kellen Moore, who I like as an OC, got his ass handed to him last night. People will blame Dak because he didn't have good numbers, but this loss is on Moore and the GM more so than Dak.

Schultz may be the most unaware athlete I've ever seen in a late game situation. First, he doesn't get out of bounds to stop the clock. Then, he fails to make sure he got 2 feet in on a critical completion. I would cut him today.

MoreCowbell
01-23-2023, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I am not going to argue with anyone. He isn't an elite NFL QB. However, Dak is better than some they have trotted out at the QB position over the years. What Dallas needs is a stud RB.

Maybe one of you guys that study the salary cap can chime in, but I think they can cut Zeke and free up 4.8 million to find a RB. But I think they can save more if they wait until June 1......

PRE-6/1 RELEASE
PRE-6/1 TRADE
POST-6/1 RELEASE
POST-6/1 TRADE

Dak is about 10th in QBs in AAV, placing him about where he should be

KB21
01-23-2023, 04:04 PM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/857301429328674836/1067156679197724743/FnKiA_MXoAAkejR.png?width=873&height=630

Wink&aPrayer
01-23-2023, 04:22 PM
Jeruh.....fire Kellen Moore.

Har....Dan, yes Dan...if you're gonna keep Dak

Leroy Jenkins
01-23-2023, 07:21 PM
David Carr had a pretty good take on it. He said the Cowboys offense is so vanilla that the DBs are jumping routes because they know what's coming. Carr said "I'm not a defensive player and if it's so vanilla that I can tell you what's coming, these defenders know what route combos are coming. (Based on formation)

He also said some of it is on Dak too, he is late too many times.

parabrave
01-23-2023, 07:37 PM
David Carr had a pretty good take on it. He said the Cowboys offense is so vanilla that the DBs are jumping routes because they know what's coming. Carr said "I'm not a defensive player and if it's so vanilla that I can tell you what's coming, these defenders know what route combos are coming. (Based on formation)

He also said some of it is on Dak too, he is late too many times.
It was very apparent yesterday. The DBs knew what the routes they were running and were jumping them. Come to think of it did the boys ever run a "Pick" route??

Cooterpoot
01-23-2023, 10:09 PM
Let's talk a look at the QB stats of the losing teams yesterday

Josh Allen- 25/42- 265- 0 TDs 1 INT
Daniel Jones- 15/27- 135 0 TDs 1 INT
Trevor Lawerence- 24/39- 217- 1 TD 1INT
DAK- 23/37- 207- 1 TDs 2 INTs

It's the time of the year. Good players get beaten by better teams

BoomBoom
01-24-2023, 11:04 AM
The Cowboys need an ownership change, not a QB change. Give Dak a better coach than Mike McCarthy. Someone from the Shanahan tree.

The boys have actually had 2 really good drafts in a row. The Zeke contract was the albatross they couldn't shake this year. It will be gone next year.

They've had no run game all year. Gallup was counted on to be a #2 WR and he's not been even a #4. They don't have even a #3 behind him. No run game and no WRs will hurt, and Dak has been pressing out of necessity. They used the TE to effect against TB, who used the MSU strategy of just ignoring them, but SF is well coached and took that away out of the gate, making Dallas beat them with Gallup and...checks notes....Noah Brown. That Dak made it a game is a testament to him, not an indictment.

Next year could be great for Dallas, but they probably lose Dan Quinn and that top D with him.

Tbonewannabe
01-24-2023, 03:07 PM
Let's talk a look at the QB stats of the losing teams yesterday

Josh Allen- 25/42- 265- 0 TDs 1 INT
Daniel Jones- 15/27- 135 0 TDs 1 INT
Trevor Lawerence- 24/39- 217- 1 TD 1INT
DAK- 23/37- 207- 1 TDs 2 INTs

It's the time of the year. Good players get beaten by better teams

Also San Fran defense is a lot better than everybody else.

Leroy Jenkins
01-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Brady to Jets. Dak to Tampa.

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-24-2023, 03:18 PM
Dak is not elite, but he is good enough to win. He needs a young offensive minded coach. Look at the final 4. 3 of the teams have young, offensive minded HC. The other is a legend in Andy Reid.

parabrave
01-24-2023, 03:25 PM
Dak is not elite, but he is good enough to win. He needs a young offensive minded coach. Look at the final 4. 3 of the teams have young, offensive minded HC. The other is a legend in Andy Reid.

And Reid had Mahomes and an Elite TE in Kelci who makes Mahomes look great! Alot of times its not only the QB but the supporting cast.

KB21
01-24-2023, 04:30 PM

When you take a look at the final four teams in the NFL playoffs in each of the last three years, you have:

2022:
Andy Reid/KC
Kyle Shanahan/SF
Nick Sirianni/PHI
Zac Taylor/CIN

2021:
Andy Reid/KC
Zac Taylor/CIN
Kyle Shanhan/SF
Sean McVay/LA

2020:
Andy Reid/KC
Bruce Arians/TB
Matt LaFleur/GB
Sean McDermott/BUF

Of these 8 coaches, 7 have come from the Andy Reid tree (Reid, Sirianni, McDermott) or the Shanahan tree (Shanahan, McVay, LaFleur, Taylor).

parabrave
01-24-2023, 06:13 PM
Andy Reid is a very good coach who hires up and coming Talent and Trusts them to do their Job/