PDA

View Full Version : I vote for a Ban!!!

DownwardDawg
01-22-2023, 04:22 PM
I don't even have to name the poster that needs a timeout. The threads are impossible to read and enjoy conversation these days. He is trashing our team and we haven't even practiced yet. The board sucks right now due to one insufferable *^#%*

KOdawg1
01-22-2023, 04:30 PM
He's not a Mississippi State fan. He's an air raid fan. And he's trolling at this point, so yeah, I vote he goes too

Op4isabitch
01-22-2023, 04:32 PM
Absolutely, he’s a moron and has to much to say for a fool.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-22-2023, 04:32 PM
I'm not one to ban over an opinion I don't like.

HOWEVER, he's made his doom and gloom opinion known in every page of every thread for weeks now. Literally everyone knows his stance and reasoning (or lack there of) for it. At this point he's not adding anything to the discussion or providing diversity of opinion; he's just yelling the same thing over and over again and stopping everyone else from making easy to read conversations. I say ban him for a week at most. Not indefinite, just long enough to let us talk about news in peace and maybe let him calm down. Once he comes back we see how he behaves and go from there.

Again I welcome different opinions, but after the thousandth time of repeating yourself you need to let others speak

Dawgface
01-22-2023, 04:39 PM
Use the ignore button.

ZedFedder
01-22-2023, 04:40 PM
The ignore button is great, but it doesn?t change the fact that he still derails threads.

I also vote to ban. He isn?t pushing an opinion. He is making the board not enjoyable.

msstate7
01-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Sorry guys, I'll lighten up on our basketball team

WinningIsRelentless
01-22-2023, 04:42 PM
God please do it or I?m going to stop visiting. It?s terrible.

RocketDawg
01-22-2023, 04:42 PM

Ha.

Commercecomet24
01-22-2023, 04:43 PM

It's all your fault man 😂

Cowbell
01-22-2023, 04:45 PM

Bad offense is offensive

Leroy Jenkins
01-22-2023, 04:46 PM
Yeah he sucks, but I dont believe in censorship too much.

EdwardDrayton
01-22-2023, 04:48 PM
We have an Ignore button?

Coursesuper
01-22-2023, 04:49 PM
The ignore button is great, but it doesn?t change the fact that he still derails threads.

I also vote to ban. He isn?t pushing an opinion. He is making the board not enjoyable.

Agree, this one is just dragging every thread to garbage that it post in. Gotta go.

Leroy Jenkins
01-22-2023, 04:54 PM
We have an Ignore button?

Ha, yeah. Just go to their profile and click "add to ignore list" at the top left.

DownwardDawg

Haha!!!

Really Clark?
I second the motion. All in favor say Yay!

RisperDawg
01-22-2023, 04:56 PM
Ha, yeah. Just go to their profile and click "add to ignore list" at the top left.

That's awesome. I didn't know this either.

Dawgface
01-22-2023, 05:00 PM
I second the motion. All in favor say Yay!

Yay

Op4isabitch
01-22-2023, 05:03 PM
Yeah he sucks, but I dont believe in censorship too much.

Me either normally but when a person derails every single thread they post in, a little time out may persuade them to be less vocal.

Commercecomet24
01-22-2023, 05:05 PM
I hate bans or canceling because everyone one should be able to voice their opinion(unless it's abusive)BUT dadgum there comes a point where you have to stop the insanity and I believe we've reached that point in this particular case and a week or so off might help this particular poster settle down some. Just a little vacation lol

msu15
01-22-2023, 05:38 PM
Yea I'm to the point where I'm not going to visit anymore if he stays

parabrave
01-22-2023, 05:40 PM
Scoob knows who this guy is. He has been banned before for doing the same crap under a other name and he/she/other has a couple more user names here.

Bothrops
01-22-2023, 05:48 PM

I thought we were going to try and be masochistic around here..

Cowbell
01-22-2023, 05:59 PM
Scoob knows who this guy is. He has been banned before for doing the same crap under an other name and he/she/other has a couple more user names here.

Does he go to church with preacher

yjnkdawg
01-22-2023, 06:12 PM
The simple solution I think should be don't feed the troll. If you don't respond to this type of poster then he won't get the attention he strives to get, and then he would take his toys (so to speak) and go home (some other place). Of course some will continually argue with him which defeats the purpose of shutting him up. I'm not sure if he was banned on 247 due to posting this same crap, but I'm pretty sure he came over here because he wasn't getting the attention he desired. If it continues though banning is on the table as for as I'm concerned too.

yjnkdawg
01-22-2023, 06:17 PM

You get one more basketball thread pass before getting banned . lol J/K 7 . :)

SilentSteel16
01-22-2023, 06:21 PM
Not gonna lie, I quit looking at most of these posts because of the sheer stupidity. FWIW it is not just one poster though.

TrapGame
01-22-2023, 06:22 PM
I'm just going to ignore his ass but if the board votes for a ban I'll vote for it.

yjnkdawg
01-22-2023, 06:26 PM
I'm just going to ignore his ass but if the board votes for a ban I'll vote for it.

Ignore should work but the problem is "every" poster has to ignore and not comment on his posts, which probably won't happen.

Catfish
01-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Dang, I've been gone and off the board for awhile who's getting banned?

Saltydog
01-22-2023, 06:58 PM
Some here have thin skin. I'm not for censorship. Just block him or take a break yourself if you don't like it.

PGHBulldogBG
01-22-2023, 07:30 PM
I’m thinking I must have this person on ignore accidentally because I don’t know who everyone is talking about, although I’ve been more into the basketball threads this time of year

Todd4State
01-22-2023, 07:43 PM
No we shouldn't ban the poster for having a different opinion.

Where does it stop? "I think this QB should be starting over this QB". "NO you're wrong! Shut up you idiot. I'm going to get you banned."

"I don't like what Arnett is doing." "NO! SHUT UP! BAN THIS GUY!"

Op4isabitch
01-22-2023, 07:48 PM

Where does it stop? "I think this QB should be starting over this QB". "NO you're wrong! Shut up you idiot. I'm going to get you banned."

It’s not just that though, it’s every f*****g thread he posts in he tries to derail. He’s an idiot.

Really Clark?
01-22-2023, 07:52 PM

I don't think anyone has been talking about him having a different opinion being the issue at all. It's the constant obnoxious diarrhea in those threads over and over and over and over.

Coursesuper
01-22-2023, 08:05 PM
I don't think anyone has been talking about him having a different opinion being the issue at all. It's the constant obnoxious diarrhea in those threads over and over and over and over.

Bingo.

KOdawg1
01-22-2023, 08:31 PM

The differing opinion isn't the issue

Vandownbytheriver
01-22-2023, 09:32 PM
Does that mean we get to ban people anytime they hijack a thread and make it all about them? If that's the case some of y'all better watch out!

Pancho
01-22-2023, 09:59 PM
who is it

DownwardDawg
01-22-2023, 10:20 PM

Todd knows what you're talking about. He's just being difficult. We would all be banned if it were like Todd is saying. We're talking about one poster ruining the entire board right now.

DownwardDawg
01-22-2023, 10:22 PM
Does that mean we get to ban people anytime they hijack a thread and make it all about them? If that's the case some of y'all better watch out!

Come on man. Have you not been reading the board lately?
Y'all know exactly what we're talking about. The board has become garbage to try to enjoy lately.

yjnkdawg
01-22-2023, 10:40 PM
Come on man. Have you not been reading the board lately?
Y'all know exactly what we're talking about. The board has become garbage to try to enjoy lately.

Yep. Every thread has been pretty much hijacked to meet somebody's agenda.

DownwardDawg
01-22-2023, 10:47 PM
Yep. Every thread has been pretty much hijacked to meet somebody's agenda.

Yeah. Maybe just a week or two off. Let the board get back to normal discussion and a little back and forth.

State82
01-22-2023, 10:49 PM
The board has become garbage to try to enjoy lately.

Yes it has.

Homedawg
01-22-2023, 10:50 PM
I don't even have to name the poster that needs a timeout. The threads are impossible to read and enjoy conversation these days. He is trashing our team and we haven't even practiced yet. The board sucks right now due to one insufferable *^#%*

I'm never in favor of a ban. Just not my style. But I get your point.

Homedawg
01-22-2023, 10:52 PM
I hate bans or canceling because everyone one should be able to voice their opinion(unless it's abusive)BUT dadgum there comes a point where you have to stop the insanity and I believe we've reached that point in this particular case and a week or so off might help this particular poster settle down some. Just a little vacation lol

Or just get Steve to give him his privileges back and he'll go back to where he belongs

Homedawg
01-22-2023, 10:53 PM
Scoob knows who this guy is. He has been banned before for doing the same crap under a other name and he/she/other has a couple more user names here.

Kb21 has been a constant on genes page. Maybe he's had a different name here. Maybe will James bc his baseball takes are insufferable

Commercecomet24
01-22-2023, 10:57 PM
Or just get Steve to give him his privileges back and he'll go back to where he belongs

That would probably be the best solution for all involved

Homedawg

I agree with this no matter how much kb has ruined it

Commercecomet24
Kb21 has been a constant on genes page. Maybe he's had a different name here. Maybe will James bc his baseball takes are insufferable

Ah yes, look breaking ball and adjust to the fastball lol!

Homedawg
01-22-2023, 11:01 PM

While I agree, I'm just not a bad guy. Although, I certainly agree he's an idiot and you are entitled to that. Worst part is this a first time we run three straight time and don't get a first down he's gonna come back and say I told ya. Nevermind we threw it 3 straight times and went 3 and out numerous times. That doesn't matter to him. Just won't. You can book mark this cause it's gonna happen. And when we lose to bama even better. Nevermind the last 4 times we beat bama were ground and pound. And I'm not a ground and kind guy if I had my choice. But i just want to win. Fact is beating bama is hard. They have better players.

Really Clark?
01-22-2023, 11:45 PM
While I agree, I'm just not a bad guy. Although, I certainly agree he's an idiot and you are entitled to that. Worst part is this a first time we run three straight time and don't get a first down he's gonna come back and say I told ya. Nevermind we threw it 3 straight times and went 3 and out numerous times. That doesn't matter to him. Just won't. You can book mark this cause it's gonna happen. And when we lose to bama even better. Nevermind the last 4 times we beat bama were ground and pound. And I'm not a ground and kind guy if I had my choice. But i just want to win. Fact is beating bama is hard. They have better players.

Oh I know he will. He has such an absolute opinion and zero objectivity from the real world.

Todd4State
01-22-2023, 11:54 PM

Cracks me up every time!

TaleofTwoDogs
01-23-2023, 12:03 AM
Been gone a couple of weeks and the place goes to **** and you're doing a mob banning action . Let's at least have the balls to name the poster, he probably won't get fired at his job at McDonalds over this if it gets out..

Commercecomet24
01-23-2023, 12:12 AM
Cracks me up every time!

I can't even imagine someone trying that. Can you imagine looking breaking ball and dude throws a heater at your head and you're waiting on the break? Lol, lights out! And that's just one of the stupid scenarios that would come from that!

Todd4State
01-23-2023, 01:41 AM
I can't even imagine someone trying that. Can you imagine looking breaking ball and dude throws a heater at your head and you're waiting on the break? Lol, lights out! And that's just one of the stupid scenarios that would come from that!

You would get some ugly swings even if it wasn't thrown at your head!

That's why knuckleball pitchers would mix in a fastball even at 80 MPH in every now and then and it works against MLB hitters. Because those hitters are gearing up for something with a lot of break and then all of a sudden here comes something fairly straight and usually they can't even pull the trigger even if it's right down the middle.

Really Clark?
01-23-2023, 07:11 AM
Been gone a couple of weeks and the place goes to **** and you're doing a mob banning action . Let's at least have the balls to name the poster, he probably won't get fired at his job at McDonalds over this if it gets out..

KB21

CoachT14
01-23-2023, 08:08 AM

I'm pretty sure several years ago, I was at a coaches clinic and Mike Kinnison said this, and I was pretty dumbfounded. To his credit, he said it was something they were experimenting with I believe.

SilentSteel16
01-23-2023, 09:37 AM
I'm pretty sure several years ago, I was at a coaches clinic and Mike Kinnison said this, and I was pretty dumbfounded. To his credit, he said it was something they were experimenting with I believe.

I would not question much coming out of Kennison’s mouth ( very very knowledgeable guy.) But I know for a fact we faced a guy from UTDallas who had a Killer off speed and sprinkled in something straight every now and then.

With that being said it was an anomaly but you can only hit what is pitched to you. ….

State82
01-23-2023, 09:47 AM
I would not question much coming out of Kennison’s mouth ( very very knowledgeable guy.)

I was just about to say the same thing. Maybe that idea is a little unorthodox but if he was experimenting with something I would surely not question him.

CoachT14
01-23-2023, 09:50 AM
I would not question much coming out of Kennison?s mouth ( very very knowledgeable guy.) But I know for a fact we faced a guy from UTDallas who had a Killer off speed and sprinkled in something straight every now and then.

With that being said it was an anomaly but you can only hit what is pitched to you. ?.

Oh not questioning it at all. But he said that and I was very thrown off needless to say.

Extendedcab
01-23-2023, 10:07 AM
If everybody that was offended or didn't like or request he be banned for a while would just put KB on their IGNORE LIST. The problem would be solved as you would not even see his dribble responses and you would not feel the need to respond. Threads would resume as normal!

Just a thought. :eek:

Leroy Jenkins
01-23-2023, 10:36 AM

Hey, maybe he has Gary Sheffield hand speed. *

DownwardDawg
01-23-2023, 11:13 AM

This would be great!

DownwardDawg
01-23-2023, 11:14 AM
If everybody that was offended or didn't like or request he be banned for a while would just put KB on their IGNORE LIST. The problem would be solved as you would not even see his dribble responses and you would not feel the need to respond. Threads would resume as normal!

Just a thought. :eek:

I had forgotten about the ignore feature until this thread. We should all do it. That would help the threads out.

DownwardDawg
01-23-2023, 11:17 AM
The ignore function is great!

The Federalist Engineer
01-23-2023, 07:41 PM
Probably someone previously banned, I think he/she/It has created a new account and come back to life

Hopefully not a baseball fan

Homedawg
01-23-2023, 08:20 PM
Probably someone previously banned, I think he/she/It has created a new account and come back to life

Hopefully not a baseball fan

Unfortunately he's been posting on genes page for a long time and is worse about baseball. If you can believe that.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2023, 08:32 PM
Unfortunately he's been posting on genes page for a long time and is worse about baseball. If you can believe that.

For all that's good in this world please don't let him ruin baseball!

Coursesuper
01-23-2023, 08:57 PM
For all that's good in this world please don't let him ruin baseball!

Only a matter of time.

SilentSteel16
01-24-2023, 08:30 AM
I bet he is a Phillies fan on another account, same logic, same idiotic statements and same backbone…. I am only partially kidding.

Commercecomet24
01-24-2023, 09:32 AM
I bet he is a Phillies fan on another account, same logic, same idiotic statements and same backbone…. I am only partially kidding.

I was wondering the same thing. Very similar.