PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Johnson

MetEdDawg
01-19-2023, 09:05 AM
Is anyone seeing on Twitter our players, including Tulu, trying to get Dillon Johnson to come back to MSU?

I know he has committed to Washington, but does anyone know if he has finalized that arrangement and officially withdrawn from MSU?

I find it odd multiple current players would be working to get him back without them either speaking to him or his decision not being official yet.

Anyone have insight into this?

msstate7
01-19-2023, 09:07 AM
No idea on if he can, but it would be nice to have a power back

Really Clark?
01-19-2023, 09:31 AM
He has visited So Car since his commitment to Washington. Our players are working on him and there has been some back and forth with the staff. Just wait and see If things progress or not

MaroonFlounder
01-19-2023, 09:37 AM
I wish DJ well, but Simeon Price needs to get his carries.

Watch the end of the bowl game. His vision and cutbacks reminded me of Dicenzo Miller.

bulldawg28
01-19-2023, 09:41 AM

Watch the end of the bowl game. His vision and cutbacks reminded me of Dicenzo Miller.

I agree. Price will only get better he needs more touches.

Johnson85
01-19-2023, 09:48 AM

Yea, I would love to have DJ back, but that would be shitty for someone. Based on Price's performance in the bowl game, I think it'd end up hurting Marks, which would suck. I'd rather the loyal person not get screwed.

They really need to do something to address players that get screwed by players committing after the portal is closed. If the coaches are out there trying to replace a player, they should have the opportunity to still transfer. I know it can't ever be completely fair but if we're going to have this shitty system, it seems like there should be something to put everybody on the same page.

basedog
01-19-2023, 10:01 AM
He made his decision, time to move forward, I can see it dividing a few or lots of teammates. I've never been for begging players; you can give them space and a timeframe but when they say "I'm gone" then it's over. Yes, to Price getting touches, he brings speed and toughness as well.

Cowbell
01-19-2023, 10:07 AM
The fact that we put a promo out for Tulu when he made his decision the other day made me throw up in my mouth a little...

Leroy Jenkins
01-19-2023, 10:12 AM
Nope. Just move on.

Leroy Jenkins
01-19-2023, 10:13 AM
The fact that we put a promo out for Tulu when he made his decision the other day made me throw up in my mouth a little...

I cant believe CZA signed off on that.

TrapGame
01-19-2023, 10:24 AM

Welcome to the new age of college football.

Dawgface
01-19-2023, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the new age of college football.

Or bye bye to the new age of college football.

viverlibre
01-19-2023, 11:13 AM

In this offense we likely need four capable backs (one or two will always be dinged up), so we need DJ and Price.

Dawgology
01-19-2023, 11:13 AM

No one is going to want to hear this but I'm GLAD he did. It means we are finally getting serious about competing in the modern era of college football. Love it or hate it this is what it is. This type of thing bodes well for the future of our program and shows other players and recruits that the MSU program is playing the game now. It's not the old way of doing college football but we can't complain about being "left behind" and then complain when we do things to keep up.

yjnkdawg
01-19-2023, 11:37 AM
I think Simeon has earned it and needs to be the back with Woody. Simeon hasn't played this musical chair portal, and hasn't been any issue or distraction to our football program . Wish the best for Dillion where ever he lands but I think it's time to move on. I think Simeon and Seth Davis are the future stars at running back.

HoopsDawg
01-19-2023, 11:52 AM
Nope. Just move on.

We need another back. Likely won't find one as good or better than Dillon. I'd take him back in a second.

TALL DAWG
01-19-2023, 12:07 PM
I thought we have another back coming in from Hinds CC or some CC

Really Clark?
01-19-2023, 12:12 PM

Pitman from Hinds CC.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2023, 12:16 PM

Pittman, he's a good back.

RisperDawg
01-19-2023, 05:03 PM
I can't believe Hargrove still wanted to transfer with all the upheaval that's gone on. Seems like he would haven't gotten opportunities this coming year.

viverlibre
01-19-2023, 05:08 PM
No one is going to want to hear this but I'm GLAD he did. It means we are finally getting serious about competing in the modern era of college football. Love it or hate it this is what it is. This type of thing bodes well for the future of our program and shows other players and recruits that the MSU program is playing the game now. It's not the old way of doing college football but we can't complain about being "left behind" and then complain when we do things to keep up.

Not only that, but no one knows better than the HC of how the player fits into our needs and is viewed by his teammates. Likely many teammates (and coaches) understand it is a business and players need to do what is best for them as many come from very poor backgrounds and some are already fathers.

MaroonFlounder
01-19-2023, 06:25 PM
some are already fathers.

DJ has a child. That played into his decision. I don’t fault him one bit. I hope he got a lucrative deal and runs for 1,000 yards out west.

BuckyIsAB****
01-19-2023, 06:31 PM
He can come back. And I bet he feels pretty dumb right now leaving bc someone told him he wouldnt get the ball enough, (States RBs got the ball more than anyone else combined) to go play for another air raid while we are going to run the ball more. I think he will be back.

There should be a price to be paid

BuckyIsAB****
01-19-2023, 06:32 PM

Its pitiful. Like it is absolutely infuriating

BuckyIsAB****
01-19-2023, 06:34 PM

There is a line somewhere that you cant let a player cross. Standards, accountability and principles are what this game is supposed to teach

coachnorm
01-19-2023, 06:46 PM
No idea on if he can, but it would be nice to have a power back

Is he not a fast back with power? Could some fellow elitedoggers name me some past backs since Anthony Dixon left MSU better than Dillon Johnson? I am talking a back with speed, power, and good receiving skills.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2023, 07:12 PM
Is he not a fast back with power? Could some fellow elitedoggers name me some past backs since Anthony Dixon left MSU better than Dillon Johnson? I am talking a back with speed, power, and good receiving skills.

Vick Ballard, Josh Robinson.

Biguglyjoe
01-19-2023, 07:15 PM
Vick Ballard.
Was just about to post this. Vick was a beast. I'd take him before DJ all day long.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2023, 07:19 PM
Was just about to post this. Vick was a beast. I'd take him before DJ all day long.

Vicks one of my favorite players of all time. He could do it all. One thing about Vick too, he never got caught. Dude had football speed and was tough as nails. Hate his nfl career ended like it did.

Rawdawg
01-19-2023, 07:22 PM
DJ makes your roster and therefore your team better. But the bullshit aside and move forward with him if he decides to return.

parabrave
01-19-2023, 07:23 PM
L Perkins, Vick Ballard, J Rob.

viverlibre
01-19-2023, 07:56 PM
There is a line somewhere that you cant let a player cross. Standards, accountability and principles are what this game is supposed to teach

and the HC knows that line and enforces it. If CZA lets him come back, that means it is best for the team.

Jarius
01-19-2023, 08:23 PM
I hope we don’t waste NIL money on him. Tailbacks are very exposable. Our 3rd string tailback looked just as good as either of the 2 guys that played ahead of him all year during the bowl game. There are very few difference makers. I would find the cheapest guy in the portal of comparable ability and roll with whoever that is because DJ isn’t a difference maker. Very few are at that position. We need to be playing money ball.

ZedFedder
01-19-2023, 08:50 PM
If he wants to come back, that?s awesome. If he doesn?t, I don?t think he will be missed that much.

Bdawg
01-19-2023, 09:21 PM
I hope we don’t waste NIL money on him. Tailbacks are very exposable. Our 3rd string tailback looked just as good as either of the 2 guys that played ahead of him all year during the bowl game. There are very few difference makers. I would find the cheapest guy in the portal of comparable ability and roll with whoever that is because DJ isn’t a difference maker. Very few are at that position. We need to be playing money ball.

No way he comes back for nothing if what Washington offered is true.

Dawgology
01-19-2023, 09:49 PM

Of course there is a line but Tulu didn’t cross. No different than what is done in the NFL every season. Now DJ…he might have crossed a line. At this point college athletes are a commodity. They have a worth based on experience and skill. The days of pulling for “our guys” are over unfortunately because “our guys” may be “their guys” next season and “their guys” now “our guys”.

Rayburn8
01-19-2023, 09:59 PM

In addition to the other names, if we are talking strictly on the field: Kylin Hill. I mean he led the SEC in rushing one year right?

I guess you mean power backs, then not. But Hill had good power.

FoggyBottom
01-19-2023, 10:40 PM
I don't see DJ leaving Mississippi to play ball next season. He's got roots in the State.

Cooterpoot
01-19-2023, 11:20 PM
We're good with or without him. We've got 3 RBs ready to go and a 4th to redshirt. Marks, Price, and Pittman can get it done. Davis has a chance to be great.

msu15
01-19-2023, 11:27 PM
We definitely need him for next year for sure. If the staff and the players want him back by all means come on home DJ.

Pancho
01-20-2023, 07:31 AM
Check the status of his apartment lease. That'll tell all the needed info.

Reunion Dog
01-21-2023, 12:01 AM
Can?t WAIT to watch Davis. He has a different gear than anything we have.

And his little brother is gonna be coming here too.

QUOTE=MaroonFlounder;1494713]DJ has a child. That played into his decision. I don’t fault him one bit. I hope he got a lucrative deal and runs for 1,000 yards out west.[/QUOTE]

Vicks one of my favorite players of all time. He could do it all. One thing about Vick too, he never got caught. Dude had football speed and was tough as nails. Hate his nfl career ended like it did.

Westdawg
01-21-2023, 12:59 AM
Is Hargrove for sure gone?? I cannot remember seeing anything recently.

msu15
01-21-2023, 02:04 AM
Is Hargrove for sure gone?? I cannot remember seeing anything recently.

Memphis

bulldawg28
01-21-2023, 07:13 AM
Can?t WAIT to watch Davis. He has a different gear than anything we have.

And his little brother is gonna be coming here too.

QUOTE=MaroonFlounder;1494713]DJ has a child. That played into his decision. I don’t fault him one bit. I hope he got a lucrative deal and runs for 1,000 yards out west.[/QUOTE]

Who is Davis?

RisperDawg
01-21-2023, 08:16 AM
Who is Davis?

https://247sports.com/player/seth-davis-46109816/

Cooterpoot
01-21-2023, 08:30 AM
We've got Marks, who is a Warrick Dunn type RB, Price who is finally back healthy, Pittman who is similar to Vick Ballard. We might grab a transfer o Dillon might be back or we may go with what we've got. Seth Davis will redshirt but he's kind of a Darrin Sproles type. Dillon is a straight line power back. He can get tough yards. That's a lot of variety and options should Dillon come back.

Reason2succeed
01-21-2023, 08:44 AM
I see a lot of people getting really emotional about a player you do not know personally. If the players and the coaches want him back then I support him being back. Your emotions will not score any points next season. DJ will.

bulldawg28
01-21-2023, 09:22 AM
Who is Davis?

https://247sports.com/player/seth-davis-46109816/

Thanks

HancockCountyDog
01-21-2023, 12:08 PM
I see a lot of people getting really emotional about a player you do not know personally. If the players and the coaches want him back then I support him being back. Your emotions will not score any points next season. DJ will.

That is way too reasonable.

Really Clark?
01-21-2023, 12:17 PM
DJ is on campus this weekend

Commercecomet24
01-21-2023, 01:02 PM

Great post!

R2Dawg
01-21-2023, 01:17 PM
I wish DJ well but at some point we got to have a clean break from some of the back and forth.

Do none of you see the issues that can arise in the locker room from this type stuff over and over?

Hard to build a unifed team when you got one foot in and one fit out every other day.

KB21
01-21-2023, 01:20 PM
Arnett has already took a dump on Leach?s legacy. Might as well bring back the guy who toook a shot at Leach on his way out.

Jarius
01-21-2023, 01:29 PM
Arnett has already took a dump on Leach?s legacy. Might as well bring back the guy who toook a shot at Leach on his way out.

I see you have moved on from Genespage where people dunked on your dumbass takes and made you look like a total idiot to come on over here to ED to get more of the same. Arnett’s job is to win football games, not carry on someone’s legacy. The offense Leach ran wasn’t worth a shit against any defense that was any good. Get over yourself, clown.

WinningIsRelentless
01-21-2023, 01:31 PM

I wish he would take a dump on you and flush your miserable self down the sewer lagoon.

Mods is it a way to block seeing post from this idiot?

magrooder
01-21-2023, 01:36 PM

I don't know what he's done to dump on Leach, but he's the head coach now and is responsible for putting his own staff and players in place.
Arnett will succeed or fail doing it his way, as he should.

KB21
01-21-2023, 01:45 PM
Just wait till you see this new offense run it into the backs of the linemen over and over and over again.

Coursesuper
01-21-2023, 01:46 PM

This is absolutely the dumbest of all the dumbassery that you have regurgitated here.

TorpedoIPA
01-21-2023, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't take Johnson back and thereby use up a scholarship on him. He has only one year correct ? Better to use the scholarship on someone with more years of eligibility. Seems to me we have enough backs with Marks, Price, Pittman and Davis.

AROB44
01-21-2023, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't take Johnson back and thereby use up a scholarship on him. He has only one year correct ? Better to use the scholarship on someone with more years of eligibility. Seems to me we have enough backs with Marks, Price, Pittman and Davis.

Totally agree...

Leroy Jenkins
01-21-2023, 03:07 PM
https://twitter.com/JackByersRivals/status/1616862335351808000?s=20&t=hzS0zcsQHUlTTGGHDwes5A

Buuuut that sounds like a pretty common name.

Jarius
01-21-2023, 03:47 PM
Just wait till you see this new offense run it into the backs of the linemen over and over and over again.

I’ve been watching us dump off passes for 2 yards to our tailbacks for 3 years. I think I will survive. You should be thanking Arnett for saving your favorite offense’s ass for the past 3 years with his defense, but instead you are on here badmouthing a hire you have proven to know zero about.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2023, 04:01 PM
It can absolutely make you lose the kids if you dont handle it the right way tonbring him back. He should come back at the bottom of the depth chart and work up

Commercecomet24
01-21-2023, 04:41 PM
It can absolutely make you lose the kids if you dont handle it the right way tonbring him back. He should come back at the bottom of the depth chart and work up

This. If the coaches and players want him back, great but he's gotta start at
the bottom and work his way back up.

RockyDog
01-21-2023, 04:50 PM

You are a damn idiot. Stop posting

Quaoarsking
01-21-2023, 04:54 PM
PSA: Johnson (as well as Marks, Rogers, Walley, etc.) could all play in 2023 and 2024 if they want to, since 2020 doesn't count against anyone.

tireddawg
01-21-2023, 04:56 PM
The team wanted him back. ?He?s family?
He?s enrolled now right?

Jarius
01-21-2023, 05:46 PM
This. If the coaches and players want him back, great but he's gotta start at
the bottom and work his way back up.

The coaches and players want him back.

Commercecomet24
01-21-2023, 06:14 PM
The coaches and players want him back.

That's good enough for me.

paverdog
01-21-2023, 06:24 PM
Id like to see Price more. He seems explosive. Johnson should get behind the line now.

Commercecomet24
01-21-2023, 06:27 PM
Id like to see Price more. He seems explosive. Johnson should get behind the line now.

I like Price too. He's got a burst the others don't have and he brings some pop too.

KOdawg1
01-21-2023, 06:34 PM
100% of our players would gladly take him back. They're not as emotional as fans.

paverdog
01-21-2023, 06:39 PM
I don't know, I know he has a child, but if he goes out looking to play for another team, and then just changes his mind to come back, just because he didn't like what was out there, I just don't think it fair to the other running backs, and the whole team.

paverdog
01-21-2023, 06:41 PM
100% of our players would gladly take him back. They're not as emotional as fans.
Well if thats the case bring him on. I'll be with them.

MetEdDawg
01-21-2023, 06:45 PM
I don't know, I know he has a child, but if he goes out looking to play for another team, and then just changes his mind to come back, just because he didn't like what was out there, I just don't think it fair to the other running backs, and the whole team.

The entirety of college football is completely unfair.

Dillon makes us better. So I hope he comes back.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2023, 06:47 PM

Im sure they do now. But the first time he gets a carry over another RB then we will see

ZedFedder
01-21-2023, 07:23 PM
I agree with most on this thread, but let?s not act like Leach handled the situation great, either.

Pancho
01-21-2023, 10:06 PM
Leach was brutally honest with the young man. I have a feeling CZA has a brutal honest streak in him as well.

ZedFedder
01-21-2023, 10:28 PM
Leach talking to another player about DJ wasn't a good move.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2023, 11:04 PM
Leach talking to another player about DJ wasn't a good move.

This is a pointless and kind of a classless conversation to have about a guy who recently passed so this is all I will say. Leach didnt do a thing wrong with him. DJ got pissed after the Egg bc some people got in his ear when he went home. He then made a really poor decision and Leach let him know about it. That video was totally out of context. DJ should have to earn his way back. He is the one who left the air raid to go play for another air raid. I bet he is kicking himself

basedog
01-21-2023, 11:41 PM
This is a pointless and kind of a classless conversation to have about a guy who recently passed so this is all I will say. Leach didnt do a thing wrong with him. DJ got pissed after the Egg bc some people got in his ear when he went home. He then made a really poor decision and Leach let him know about it. That video was totally out of context. DJ should have to earn his way back. He is the one who left the air raid to go play for another air raid. I bet he is kicking himself

Totally agree.

CadaverDawg
01-22-2023, 12:03 AM

At least running in to the backs of our OL would give the defense that has carried us during the "Legacy" tenure a break to catch their breath prior to the punt. Trying to shit on any single offense on Earth while defending the garbage buffet we have witnessed on offense the last few years is both hilarious and somehow unsurprising coming from you.

Todd4State
01-22-2023, 01:32 AM

The real root issue is he got bad advice. That has to factor in here. I get what you're saying and I agree with it. What I heard was he went off on the coaches. But I have a feeling that probably isn't normal for him and he wouldn't have done that without the advice he was given.

Todd4State
01-22-2023, 01:34 AM
I agree with most on this thread, but let?s not act like Leach handled the situation great, either.

I mean- it was a private conversation. What was Leach supposed to do? Make sure no one was recording him like we're a crime ring or something?

Recording a private conversation like that was pretty shitty.

Todd4State
01-22-2023, 01:37 AM

What it comes down to is he's trying to create a bidding war between himself and MSU for NIL money.

If distance really is a factor he isn't going to go to South Carolina much less Washington.

I can't see him at Ole Miss where he would be Judkins back up.

Guess where that leaves for him to go?

We're at the point where we just need to make him a fair final offer and tell him to take it or leave it essentially.

CadaverDawg
01-22-2023, 05:55 AM
I mean- it was a private conversation. What was Leach supposed to do? Make sure no one was recording him like we're a crime ring or something?

Recording a private conversation like that was pretty shitty.

So it's ok to say or do things you shouldn't as long as nobody is recording it? C'mon Todd.

I don't think what Leach did was a big deal, and I think Dillon was in the wrong on this one....but Leach made it worse by having the conversation with the other player about Dillon. Should have just kept his comments to himself. Again, no big deal in the long run, and we'll be fine with or without Dillon...but acting like it's a good idea for the coach to bad mouth other players to their teammates as long as it isn't being recorded probably isn't the side to defend.

bulldawg28
01-22-2023, 06:59 AM
So it's ok to say or do things you shouldn't as long as nobody is recording it? C'mon Todd.

I don't think what Leach did was a big deal, and I think Dillon was in the wrong on this one....but Leach made it worse by having the conversation with the other player about Dillon. Should have just kept his comments to himself. Again, no big deal in the long run, and we'll be fine with or without Dillon...but acting like it's a good idea for the coach to bad mouth other players to their teammates as long as it isn't being recorded probably isn't the side to defend.

Truth!

Pancho
01-22-2023, 08:42 AM
It's typical for today's society, project and image of going all Hard in every way when in reality simply curl up in a lil ball and beg for some attention.

Activated Alpha
01-22-2023, 08:58 AM
If he goes he goes. If he wants to stay sure ok bring him back. But don't break the bank for him and place him at the bottom of the depth chart until he shows he is our best RB. Once he gets into the real world, he is going to have some hard truths.

Cooterpoot
01-22-2023, 09:38 AM

2 wrongs will never make a right. But, I was never a ridiculous Leach fanboy. I will keep saying Dillon isn't going to make or break us. I hate Leach passed away, that's terrible. But I believe we can win anyway and we're better built for a more balanced attack than throwing it every down and losing to KY and getting destroyed against AL every single year. If Dillon comes back, cool. If not, ok. Felt that way about Leach too. I'm an Arnett fan. The man knows what he wants and he's a hard ass about getting it. Hopefully it all works out and we're all happy this time next year.

EdwardDrayton
01-22-2023, 12:25 PM

Well said

Todd4State
01-22-2023, 01:03 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right.

And I'm sure you've never said something not so flattering to someone behind their back.

You can't have players recording every conversation that goes on. Unless you want the players running everything a la Moorhead. We all see how that went.

Todd4State
01-22-2023, 01:06 PM
2 wrongs will never make a right. But, I was never a ridiculous Leach fanboy. I will keep saying Dillon isn't going to make or break us. I hate Leach passed away, that's terrible. But I believe we can win anyway and we're better built for a more balanced attack than throwing it every down and losing to KY and getting destroyed against AL every single year. If Dillon comes back, cool. If not, ok. Felt that way about Leach too. I'm an Arnett fan. The man knows what he wants and he's a hard ass about getting it. Hopefully it all works out and we're all happy this time next year.

Yeah. Well I bet if he did it to Arnett you would want his ass off the team. Still probably should be if we're honest here. And there's risk that he will do something like that again. But it's all cool because since it was Leach it was fine. Especially since the guy who literally would have touched the ball more than anyone else on the team had he not gotten injured complained about not getting the ball enough.

msstate7
01-22-2023, 01:13 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right.

And I'm sure you've never said something not so flattering to someone behind their back.

You can't have players recording every conversation that goes on. Unless you want the players running everything a la Moorhead. We all see how that went.

Johnson didn't record it though. Who we running off for recording it?

KB21
01-22-2023, 01:15 PM
Yeah. Well I bet if he did it to Arnett you would want his ass off the team. Still probably should be if we're honest here. And there's risk that he will do something like that again. But it's all cool because since it was Leach it was fine. Especially since the guy who literally would have touched the ball more than anyone else on the team had he not gotten injured complained about not getting the ball enough.

It?s funny how Leach can?t be honest about a player, but it?s OK for Arnett to lie to recruits and assistants.

Cowbell
01-22-2023, 02:22 PM
It?s funny how Leach can?t be honest about a player, but it?s OK for Arnett to lie to recruits and assistants.

Did arnette bang your wife?

HancockCountyDog
01-22-2023, 02:22 PM

If you can't acknowledge that Leach handled the DJ issue poorly, then your whole opinion is worthless.

Ardent Leach supporters didn't like how he handled it and Arnett is trying to correct it. I hope DJ comes back, and I know the coaching staff wants him to come back as well, I'm not sure what else needs to be said.

Dawgology
01-22-2023, 04:48 PM
It's the modern era of college football. Having DJ I think may help the program. With that said it's a free agent market so if he comes back I will pull for him as long as he's wearing the MSU logo. IF he doesn't come back I wish him well except if he plays against MSU.

Don't get attached to any player anymore. That's not how this works and I actually prefer it that way because now I don't get too caught up in the games. It has actually greatly reduced my stress when watching the games. And, yes, I do get stressed though I know I shouldn't.

TheLostDawg
01-22-2023, 05:00 PM
Hopefully Arnett will talk with these guys after the next egg bowl and before the off season. It happens every year. Fans of another school talk to people of influence with our players and try to cause disruption and get them to leave our team. We need get ahead of this as best as possible.

PikeDawg15
01-22-2023, 05:10 PM
I would like to have Dillion Johnson back simply because he is a great running back but if it destroys team chemistry , I do not want him back.

Dillion would do great in a Barbay offense but Simeon price is very good as well

A 3 headed monster of

Marks
Johnson
Price

Will be very very hard for a defense not named bama or LSU on our schedule to stop.

We would beat ole miss by 30 simply by running the ball.

Really Clark?
01-22-2023, 05:13 PM
I would like to have Dillion Johnson back simply because he is a great running back but if it destroys team chemistry , I do not want him back.

Dillion would do great in a Barbay offense but Simeon price is very good as well

A 3 headed monster of

Marks
Johnson
Price

Will be very very hard for a defense not named bama or LSU on our schedule to stop.

DJ spent a lot of the weekend with Price and Freddy Roberson, the new transfer WR commit. I think that tells you all you need to know what the players and coaches think about DJ being around.

Dawgface
01-22-2023, 05:22 PM
DJ spent a lot of the weekend with Price and Freddy Roberson, the new transfer WR commit. I think that tells you all you need to know what the players and coaches think about DJ being around.

Sounds like it. Initially I didn't like the idea of his return but if the players and Arnett are ok with it I'm not going to complain.

TrapGame
01-22-2023, 06:20 PM

A 3 headed monster of

Marks
Johnson
Price

We are going to have a strong running game next season.

And if I'm not mistaken wasn't Bama's defense with Golding kinds soft on the run. Elite players across the defense and Golding had them just an above average defense, nothing elite.

BuckyIsAB****
01-22-2023, 07:11 PM

I love Arnett but?there is some truth to this. Arnett didnt call all the shots. At the very least he was influenced by some new voices that werent invested

Todd4State
01-22-2023, 07:22 PM
Johnson didn't record it though. Who we running off for recording it?

Who did I say we were running off for recording it?

If Arnett wants to make his bed he can lay in it too.

Todd4State
01-22-2023, 07:23 PM
Hopefully Arnett will talk with these guys after the next egg bowl and before the off season. It happens every year. Fans of another school talk to people of influence with our players and try to cause disruption and get them to leave our team. We need get ahead of this as best as possible.

YEP! It's a problem literally every offseason no matter who our coach has been.

And it's not necessarily even Ole Miss fans. It's people trying to get a piece of the pie from our players and their talents.

R2Dawg
01-22-2023, 07:29 PM

There is a time and place for brutal honesty. If a coach goes on twitter and says every true thing about players, that is just stupid even if it is true.

What lies has Arnett told? How do you know? I haven't heard.

Todd4State
01-22-2023, 07:30 PM

I don't know about assistants. I know Spurrier and Hollinghead knew they weren't coming back. Hollinghead probably was gone even if Leach had lived. He's a rising star in the profession as you know.

My guess as to what happened was Arnett and our boosters thought he could get an OC a lot easier than he thought he could because this was Leach's program. Well, they were wrong.

I just hope Barbay actually adapts to our players but if people think that running the ball a few more times, running some play action and running a QB sneak under center is going to beat Alabama and LSU they're wrong.

Todd4State
01-22-2023, 07:32 PM
There is a time and place for brutal honesty. If a coach goes on twitter and says every true thing about players, that is just stupid even if it is true.

What lies has Arnett told? How do you know? I haven't heard.

Well Leach and Arnett never went on Twitter about any player or anything regarding scheme or players ability unless it's to congratulate them on a win.

R2Dawg
01-22-2023, 07:35 PM
Well Leach and Arnett never went on Twitter about any player or anything regarding scheme or players ability unless it's to congratulate them on a win.

I didn't say he did. That was just an example of when you could be honest and not. Leach took stuff outside the locker room several times that needed to stay there - true or not.

I didn't attack Leach or Arnett so no need for you to defend them.

Now how did Arnet lie per other poster.

Todd4State
01-22-2023, 07:38 PM
I didn't say he did. That was just an example of when you could be honest and not. Leach took stuff outside the locker room several times that needed to stay there - true or not.

What stuff did Leach take outside the locker room? Saying the team had a bad practice? When he called the team out he called the team out or position group out- not an individual player.

Goldendawg
01-23-2023, 02:36 PM
Robbie Faulk just posted a free article on 24/7 regarding our portal to date. It mentioned that "we are still trying to get DJ back in the boat". An earlier article by the EW WR said that he spent time with him and Price during his visit. Are we trying to keep his possible return low key? Was he helping host the EW WR, who referred to him as a MSU RB or was DJ also a visitor? Anyone know what is really going on? Thanks.

KB21
01-23-2023, 02:41 PM

Arnett lied to the players he was recruiting to keep them in the boat. Pittman made the comment that he was told we were keeping the same scheme.

Arnett also lied to Mason Miller, telling him he wanted to keep him when he never had any intention of keeping him.

StarkVegasSteve
01-23-2023, 02:45 PM
Robbie Faulk just posted a free article on 24/7 regarding our portal to date. It mentioned that "we are still trying to get DJ back in the boat". An earlier article by the EW WR said that he spent time with him and Price during his visit. Are we trying to keep his possible return low key? Was he helping host the EW WR, who referred to him as a MSU RB or was DJ also a visitor? Anyone know what is really going on? Thanks.

Transfer recruiting visits are a little different. They don't have hosts per se. They generally just hang out with some of the team members. Dillon was probably just hanging out with them as well. He wasn't on any kind of visit though. I mean Dillon is still in Starkville as of this weekend. I get the feeling he will end up staying through Spring Practice and then deciding what he wants to do. If I were him, I'd transfer. Price is better than him and he's probably better than Marks as well.

StarkVegasSteve
01-23-2023, 02:47 PM
Arnett lied to the players he was recruiting to keep them in the boat. Pittman made the comment that he was told we were keeping the same scheme.

Arnett also lied to Mason Miller, telling him he wanted to keep him when he never had any intention of keeping him.

No he didn't. He was up front with Mason and Jason the entire time.

Now he may have told recruits something different, but he was upfront with the coaches the entire time.

Goldendawg
01-23-2023, 02:49 PM
Transfer recruiting visits are a little different. They don't have hosts per se. They generally just hang out with some of the team members. Dillon was probably just hanging out with them as well. He wasn't on any kind of visit though. I mean Dillon is still in Starkville as of this weekend. I get the feeling he will end up staying through Spring Practice and then deciding what he wants to do. If I were him, I'd transfer. Price is better than him and he's probably better than Marks as well.

Thanks. Didn't understand comments made by EW WR. Portal recruiting is a different animal that I could have lived without.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2023, 03:09 PM

Yeah I think Price has the potential to be very special. He's explosive, strong, great vision, catches the football, just a dang good all around back and he's got a burst the others lack.

StarkVegasSteve
01-23-2023, 03:17 PM
Yeah I think Price has the potential to be very special. He's explosive, strong, great vision, catches the football, just a dang good all around back and he's got a burst the others lack.

I think Seth Davis has that burst too. He's the one I worry about losing to the portal, although this new offense suits him WAY better than the one he actually committed to oddly enough. J Wash did a hell of a job keeping him in the boat. All the Texas schools tried to get in on him throughout the season and especially after Mike's death.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2023, 03:57 PM
I think Seth Davis has that burst too. He's the one I worry about losing to the portal, although this new offense suits him WAY better than the one he actually committed to oddly enough. J Wash did a hell of a job keeping him in the boat. All the Texas schools tried to get in on him throughout the season and especially after Mike's death.

Agree on all points. Davis can be really special and his talents will be well utilized in the new offense.

Homedawg
01-23-2023, 04:06 PM
DJ is visiting texas, so who knows where he ends up. The weekend went well, but.....??????

Commercecomet24
01-23-2023, 04:12 PM
DJ is visiting texas, so who knows where he ends up. The weekend went well, but.....??????

Dudes all over the place, lol.

Really Clark?
01-23-2023, 04:33 PM
DJ is taking as many trips as he can and make a little extra in doing so.

basedog
01-23-2023, 06:32 PM
Time to move along. U r either in or not, I wish him well but he quit on MSU. If he would have practiced and played in bowl would have been much better. We don’t need drama, next man up!

Dawgface
01-23-2023, 06:38 PM
Time to move along. U r either in or not, I wish him well but he quit on MSU. If he would have practiced and played in bowl would have been much better. We don’t need drama, next man up!

Yep.

paverdog
01-23-2023, 06:40 PM
DJ seems to think he's really special and can't be replaced. lots of confidence. He did quit on MSU, weather he comes back or not, he's low on my list and should be low in our RB rotations.

Todd4State
01-23-2023, 11:50 PM
DJ seems to think he's really special and can't be replaced. lots of confidence. He did quit on MSU, weather he comes back or not, he's low on my list and should be low in our RB rotations.

Yep. And honestly I can't tell much of a difference between him and Price. May be a blessing because Price deserves touches.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-24-2023, 06:09 AM
From what I hear he has like a 2 year old he is basically raising on his own. So that may be the reason he is trying to get the best deal possible

Medic601
01-24-2023, 06:26 AM
Ill tell you this... if I am a D1 athlete and I have multiple schools courting me and that gives me the opportunity to go get a behind the scenes of some of the biggest D1 athletic departments and football programs in the nation, hang out with the team, and have the schools lay out the red carpet - especially on their dime... you can bet your tail that I am going to take advantage of every last opportunity and go check them out... even if I know where I am going to end up in the end. Smart guy.

Todd4State
01-24-2023, 07:42 AM
From what I hear he has like a 2 year old he is basically raising on his own. So that may be the reason he is trying to get the best deal possible

That's fine. But it's time for our take it or leave it offer.

msstate7
01-24-2023, 09:08 AM

I'm impressed with the guy now. That can't be easy

Dawgology
01-24-2023, 09:34 AM
Ill tell you this... if I am a D1 athlete and I have multiple schools courting me and that gives me the opportunity to go get a behind the scenes of some of the biggest D1 athletic departments and football programs in the nation, hang out with the team, and have the schools lay out the red carpet - especially on their dime... you can bet your tail that I am going to take advantage of every last opportunity and go check them out... even if I know where I am going to end up in the end. Smart guy.

This exactly. Its their job. No one on this board would ignore another company that came in and offered them a trip to meet with execs and talk about hiring them and giving them a raise. It is what it is.

HancockCountyDog
01-24-2023, 09:43 AM
I'm impressed with the guy now. That can't be easy

Its always so easy to forget these are real people dealing with decisions that 40 year olds would screw up.

I really liked DJ and he did everything asked him while he was here, I hope he is successful whereever he goes, as long as its not the bears. Even then, I hope he plays great and gets drafted while they go 0-12.

Johnson85
01-24-2023, 10:02 AM
Yep. And honestly I can't tell much of a difference between him and Price. May be a blessing because Price deserves touches.

Price looked so good in the bowl game. Based on Price's performance in the bowl game and DJ and Marks performance during the regular season, I would have wanted DJ and Price to be our primary backs, just because DJ has a little more size and seemed to hold up a little bit better to the beating than Marks. But really hope Marks stays in top two based on the way the off season has unfolded, and I think they're close enough in performance that not causing a distraction is enough to swing it in Marks favor if DJ comes back.

Leroy Jenkins
01-24-2023, 10:57 AM

Damn, this kid done aged 2 years since August? At this rate he will be old enough to get a job by the end of the season. *

msudawg1200
01-24-2023, 11:34 AM
Shouldn't he be enrolled in school somewhere in order to stay eligible?

Dawgology
01-24-2023, 11:43 AM
Shouldn't he be enrolled in school somewhere in order to stay eligible?

I think he's actually enrolled at State right now.

Johnson85
01-24-2023, 11:56 AM

Have to be getting close to the spring enrollment deadline for most universities?

Even if they do winter session and don't start the spring semester until mid January, surely he has to leave or stay for the spring by the end of the month or shortly thereafter?

R2Dawg
01-24-2023, 12:40 PM
Like I said previously, there still has to be a point where you are commited or not I don't care what the transfer NIL rules say or you can't have a real team. There is no I in team.

Good luck DJ, we moving on. Next.

Goldendawg
01-24-2023, 01:18 PM

Question: Do players stay on scholarship with us when they they put their name in the portal? Classes are in week two for the Spring semester.

confucius say
01-24-2023, 02:56 PM
I think Jan 26 is the drop/add day

DownwardDawg
01-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Do players even go to class anymore?

Randolph Dupree
01-24-2023, 04:26 PM
Question: Do players stay on scholarship with us when they they put their name in the portal? Classes are in week two for the Spring semester.

It is my understanding that they are not on scholarship when they enter the portal.

As for those wanting to just move on, I get that BUT I look to the players in this situation. If they want him back on the team then I'm cool with him being in the team. They know better than any of us what goes into the grind and the circumstances. If the players want DJ back then so do I.

Homedawg
01-24-2023, 05:36 PM
Dj isn't returning... barring a major turn of events. Let's move on..

Goldendawg
01-24-2023, 05:44 PM
It is my understanding that they are not on scholarship when they enter the portal.

As for those wanting to just move on, I get that BUT I look to the players in this situation. If they want him back on the team then I'm cool with him being in the team. They know better than any of us what goes into the grind and the circumstances. If the players want DJ back then so do I.

So DJ is hanging around so much that he is mentioned by the EW WR commit during his visit as one of the MSU running backs he hung out with, yet he has a visit lined up with TX? OK, I guess.******. Is he in class? My Senior son will finish week 2 Thursday afternoon.

Homedawg
01-24-2023, 05:54 PM
So DJ is hanging around so much that he is mentioned by the EW WR commit during his visit as one of the MSU running backs he hung out with, yet he has a visit lined up with TX? OK, I guess.******. Is he in class? My Senior son will finish week 2 Thursday afternoon.

He ended up not going to Texas. Options are South Carolina, ole miss and Washington.

BuckyIsAB****
01-24-2023, 06:21 PM
Whoever got in his ear back home is gonna cost him

Goldendawg
01-24-2023, 06:23 PM
He ended up not going to Texas. Options are South Carolina, ole miss and Washington.

But still hanging around State? After entering portal, should have deadlines to make decision as many jobs do, or do we just continue to wait at the alter for our own players to show up?**

Todd4State
01-24-2023, 06:52 PM
Dj isn't returning... barring a major turn of events. Let's move on..

I'm honestly kind of glad.

KB21
01-24-2023, 06:53 PM
Good.

paverdog
01-24-2023, 07:02 PM
Well I don't know if I'm saying this right, but seems to me he's not a 100% Bulldog even in his mind.

Cowbell
01-24-2023, 08:19 PM
I don't know the kid. But he ain't raising no 2 yr old by himself and making all these trips. That's hogwash. Glad we are moving on.

Cooterpoot
01-24-2023, 09:14 PM
Dillon will regret things later

Leroy Jenkins
01-24-2023, 09:29 PM
He earned his pay while he was here. Best of luck.

KB21
01-24-2023, 09:34 PM
He absolutely should regret how he treated Mike Leach on his way out.

We have a lot of fans that don?t realize what we had in him.

Todd4State
01-24-2023, 09:58 PM
Dillon will regret things later

What's worse is he was technically getting a second chance.

But it's his bed he has to lay in it.

Pancho
01-24-2023, 10:33 PM

What do you shart fans realize anyway?

msu15
01-25-2023, 01:36 AM

Lol, yea it isn't like Leach didn't talk shit about him as well. You're a loser.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-25-2023, 04:54 AM
Ole Miss will be making another run at Tulu in the Spring

Pancho
01-25-2023, 07:49 AM

Why, do they got some WR's getting dropped or let go?

Todd4State
01-25-2023, 08:55 AM

I'm guessing they'll be competing with the NFL for him then.

Johnson85
01-25-2023, 09:46 AM

Nah. That's certainly relevant info, but there are plenty of negative locker room influences or even cancers that are popular with teammates. Except for the truly cancerous players that the coaches are enabling, you usually have to have some players like you to really have a negative influence. Not saying that applies to DJ, but the other players' feelings aren't determinative.

confucius say
01-25-2023, 10:50 AM
Arnett wants him back.
But I just assume roll with Price and Woody and the two new guys

HoopsDawg
01-25-2023, 11:16 AM
Arnett wants him back.
But I just assume roll with Price and Woody and the two new guys

we really need another back. a feature back type.

HancockCountyDog
01-25-2023, 12:32 PM
we really need another back. a feature back type.

I really think Marks will thrive in this offense.

I'd like one more back for depth, but I think Marks and Price are an above average duo.

msudawglb
01-25-2023, 12:42 PM
I really think Marks will thrive in this offense.

I'd like one more back for depth, but I think Marks and Price are an above average duo.

I like Marks, but he seems injury prone. He gets his bell rung pretty often. I'm on the Price boat. I liked what I saw from him.

Jacknut
01-25-2023, 02:56 PM
I like Marks, but he seems injury prone. He gets his bell rung pretty often. I'm on the Price boat. I liked what I saw from him.

Too many telegraphed swing passes with an OLB bearing down on you will do that.

DEDawg
01-25-2023, 03:05 PM
I'm guessing they'll be competing with the NFL for him then.

Pretty sure he means this spring

RockyDog
01-25-2023, 03:38 PM
Too many telegraphed swing passes with an OLB bearing down on you will do that.

Exactly. Those folks who keep saying that "it's just a long handoff" couldn't be more wrong. At best you have 2 receivers lead blocking for you and the chances that one or both whiff on their blocks are pretty high.

It's up to the back to make a defender miss in space on those kinds of passes and Marks did NOT have that ability his first year. He still got blown up way too much this season as well.

LibraryDawg
02-23-2023, 01:28 PM
https://twitter.com/dill_7k/status/1628568338120036356?s=46&t=hjYLLT2ZjQrslCwaDzvJ4A

He back?

Goldendawg
02-23-2023, 01:48 PM
https://twitter.com/dill_7k/status/1628568338120036356?s=46&t=hjYLLT2ZjQrslCwaDzvJ4A

He back?

He signed with the University of Washington on 2/2/23. I won't be staying up that late to watch him, but wish him the best. He was one of my favorite players before all this drama.

ZedFedder
02-23-2023, 01:51 PM
Those are just highlights. He signed with Washington.

bulldawg28
02-23-2023, 01:52 PM
He's in Washington just showing off a few highlights from the clips. He's a husky now