PDA

View Full Version : Fla NIL deal

parabrave
01-18-2023, 01:07 PM
Apparently the 13 million dollar recruit has not enrolled at UF. Maybe someone with the Gator Collective got a lick of sense.

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=35469254

Lord McBuckethead
01-18-2023, 03:04 PM
Considering how much they 17ed this up, lawsuits are being filed. Someone owes this kid 13 million dollars and I bet he gets a big chunk of it.

parabrave
01-18-2023, 03:09 PM
Considering how much they 17ed this up, lawsuits are being filed. Someone owes this kid 13 million dollars and I bet he gets a big chunk of it.

Yep and this will be noticed by every school. Now every kid will have to have a Lawyer/agent negotiating deals for now on as well as schools/initiatives have lawyers. Price of NIL going up.

State82
01-18-2023, 04:16 PM
What a charlie foxtrot this has become.

PikeDawg15
01-18-2023, 04:19 PM
I agree that you have to pay to play now a days but holy crap. 13 million for a high school QB?

I would understand paying 7-8 million for Alabama to buy Caleb Williams services because you have seen him do it in power 5 football.

PikeDawg15
01-18-2023, 04:21 PM
I remember when it was insane to think we almost paid 180k for cam newton when in hindsight. That would?ve been been an insane deal guaranteeing a national title.

Now 180k might get you a 4 star wide receiver? maybe

RiverCityDawg
01-18-2023, 04:23 PM

I'm no lawyer, so maybe this isn't possible, but it would be hilarious if this bankrupts their collective and they have a mass exodus of players who didn't get paid because of it.

We need this level of chaos to push lawmakers to figure this out.

basedog
01-18-2023, 04:31 PM
Makes my laugh. Somebody gonna get paid, Cheerleader has a huge problem.

Lord McBuckethead
01-18-2023, 05:13 PM
It is pretty simple really. They had a deal in principle, where actions were taken on the agreed upon actions. The QB met his obligation, they didn't. Considering they were willing to pay 13 million, they established his value. Value now lost due to the timing factors. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Leroy Jenkins
01-18-2023, 05:18 PM
Since the collectives and the school are not affiliated, why not just close it down and open a new one?

parabrave
01-18-2023, 05:19 PM
It is pretty simple really. They had a deal in principle, where actions were taken on the agreed upon actions. The QB met his obligation, they didn't. Considering they were willing to pay 13 million, they established his value. Value now lost due to the timing factors. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Well a few years from now the death of the NCAA football will go back to this action. Too much litigation will destroy this exp when the Lawyers find a way to sue the big money donors and then the money will dry up.. Oh well back to the days of white Trans Ams for the QB

MetEdDawg
01-18-2023, 05:21 PM
A couple Florida folks I know said the QB came back to Florida wanting more in NIL because the folks he's working with are wanting to take a higher percentage of his NIL for their compensation.

Not sure how true that is, but if we have representatives talking to 17 year olds, who then are trying to take more of the pie, with those kids then going back to universities to recoup monies they are paying to said representatives, then it's just a sad day for college football.

parabrave
01-18-2023, 05:27 PM
Remember this started out as a "Advertising" payment. Use my name in your ads or "merchandising" the kids get payed. Sell my Jersey or Put me on Madden the kid gets paid, therefore Name Image and Likeness. Then all of a sudden out of the blue "collectives, Initiatives and so on just flat out stared giving kids money, Pay to Play and the NCAA just looked the other way and now they have full blown mess.

RocketDawg
01-18-2023, 05:38 PM
Remember this started out as a "Advertising" payment. Use my name in your ads or "merchandising" the kids get payed. Sell my Jersey or Put me on Madden the kid gets paid, therefore Name Image and Likeness. Then all of a sudden out of the blue "collectives, Initiatives and so on just flat out stared giving kids money, Pay to Play and the NCAA just looked the other way and now they have full blown mess.

It's kinda gotten out of hand, hasn't it.

Remember, I guess less than 10 years ago, Johnny Manziel was getting grief for charging a bit for his autograph? Now, it's legal, and I'm OK with that. But paying a college player ridiculous signing bonuses? That's a whole 'nuther animal and shouldn't be allowed.

EdwardDrayton
01-18-2023, 05:53 PM
What a charlie foxtrot this has become.

Ain't it the truth.

EdwardDrayton
01-18-2023, 05:54 PM
Makes my laugh. Somebody gonna get paid, Cheerleader has a huge problem.

His wicket has gotten sticky. Ain't it great. LOL!!

State82
01-18-2023, 05:56 PM
That's a whole 'nuther animal and shouldn't be allowed.

Time to euthanize that animal.

Activated Alpha
01-18-2023, 11:03 PM
Bring on tax season for some of these greedy players. I am past tired of this mess

Offshore Dawg
01-19-2023, 08:35 AM
NIL, has gone off the track. Name Image Likness of a player being used for promotion by a school, or sponsor and the player being compensated. This was the original intention. This has been turned into a free agent bidding war with ZERO rules, and the players are eating this up and holding the schools and boosters accountable to pay them. Or they will go to the highest bidder.

Offshore Dawg
01-19-2023, 08:37 AM
His wicket has gotten sticky. Ain't it great. LOL!!

Edward, that will go way over most people's heads with no knowledge of Cricket.

Really Clark?
01-19-2023, 09:35 AM
Will be interesting to see what the original deal was if it becomes a part of discovery. Some are saying that they tried to collect up front and that was not what was agreed upon.

Desoto1967
01-19-2023, 09:49 AM
Can agents get involved in NIL? Seems the natural course of this.

parabrave
01-19-2023, 11:31 AM
Can agents get involved in NIL? Seems the natural course of this.

13 million dollar deal You bet an agent was somewhere pulling strings.

RocketDawg
01-19-2023, 08:47 PM
I agree that you have to pay to play now a days but holy crap. 13 million for a high school QB?

I would understand paying 7-8 million for Alabama to buy Caleb Williams services because you have seen him do it in power 5 football.

To put things in perspective, $13M is more for one player than Alabama is paying Saban. Doesn't make much sense.