PDA

View Full Version : Tulu remains a DAWG!

Msujd164
01-18-2023, 01:05 PM
Awesome!

Leroy Jenkins
01-18-2023, 01:06 PM
Good job flipping our own guy.

HoopsDawg
01-18-2023, 01:06 PM
....cool

KOdawg1
01-18-2023, 01:10 PM
Okay, now let's use him correctly on offense.

Move him to the slot, and scheme things up to get the ball in his hands in space.

Extendedcab
01-18-2023, 01:16 PM
Great news!!

Cowbell
01-18-2023, 01:17 PM
But...but.... he's on offense. And our offense is going to suck since no more air raid***

MaroonFlounder
01-18-2023, 01:21 PM
Now if the TURDS that harassed him on social media can learn their lesson.

Let the shit play out!

Op4isabitch
01-18-2023, 01:24 PM
Now if the TURDS that harassed him on social media can learn their lesson.

Let the shit play out!

Amen! Tweeting at players reeks of desperation and small dick syndrome.

mparkerfd20
01-18-2023, 01:24 PM
Pretty much expected this. He can be an attention whore at times.

bobcat91
01-18-2023, 01:25 PM
Pretty much expected this. He can be an attention whore at times.

He's a WR. It goes without saying

Commercecomet24
01-18-2023, 01:26 PM
I'm glad he's staying, we need him, but all this drama just to stay put. Guess i don't understand this new era.

StarkVegasSteve
01-18-2023, 01:32 PM
Good for us he's coming back. We had to overpay and would not have missed a beat with just rolling with Zavion but it's a good PR win for us with Kiffin getting PR wins left and right.

Really Clark?
01-18-2023, 01:32 PM
What happened to all of those WR's transferring out because of ZA and our new OC?

Glad he's staying!! I do hate the transfer / NIL world right now though. We need to grow our BI however to be somewhat competitive.

Tripp McNeely
01-18-2023, 01:34 PM
He should've at least held out through mini-camp so that he could've missed OTAs. His agent is slipping!

StarkVegasSteve
01-18-2023, 01:35 PM
What happened to all of those WR's transferring out because of ZA and our new OC?

Glad he's staying!! I do hate the transfer / NIL world right now though. We need to grow our BI however to be somewhat competitive.

We haven't even had spring practice yet. Let's wait til that's over before we start bragging. Also, CAN WE PLEASE GO GET SOME OFFENSIVE TRANSFERS?!?!?!

yjnkdawg
01-18-2023, 01:42 PM
But...but.... he's on offense. And our offense is going to suck since no more air raid***

I heard Barbay is taking a course on passing a football as he didn't even know you can pass it. He thought you had to just run with the football out of a pro set run only offense, Power I or something similar.******

Really Clark?
01-18-2023, 01:43 PM
We haven't even had spring practice yet. Let's wait til that's over before we start bragging. Also, CAN WE PLEASE GO GET SOME OFFENSIVE TRANSFERS?!?!?!

I was talking about the ones guaranteeing immediate transfers with ZA and his offensive staff moves. We know some will and have to leave after spring. Too many WR's as it is now with reshaping of the roster and our numbers.

I guess Tulu is technically a transfer. Huge get staff?? Lol

We need some TE's, QB for sure. Maybe a RB too

basedog
I'm glad he's staying, we need him, but all this drama just to stay put. Guess i don't understand this new era.

I'm completely turned off by all this drama.

yjnkdawg

I agree too CC, and I don't understand it either.

LC Dawg
01-18-2023, 01:49 PM
I love this new era of college football!!!**************

Fader21
01-18-2023, 02:09 PM

They just want retweets, follows, and ego boosters.

starkvegasdawg
01-18-2023, 02:15 PM

https://youtu.be/jW3PFC86UNI

Commercecomet24
01-18-2023, 02:18 PM
https://youtu.be/jW3PFC86UNI

LOL, excellent and I am getting old! You kids get off my lawn!

That great American philosopher Bob Dylan said it right "Time they are a changin'"

Maverick91
01-18-2023, 02:26 PM

I would respect it a lot more if we would drop the student athlete charade. They are no more a student athlete than I am, the sport comes first in this world because of the money. Which is fine but stop treating them like kids when it suits big business and then adults when it doesnt.

Maverick91
01-18-2023, 02:27 PM
https://youtu.be/yJcVuA2fWMk

Commercecomet24
01-18-2023, 02:27 PM
I would respect it a lot more if we would drop the student athlete charade. They are no more a student athlete than I am, the sport comes first in this world because of the money. Which is fine but stop treating them like kids when it suits big business and then adults when it doesnt.

Yeah its just another minor league at this point.

EdwardDrayton
01-18-2023, 02:30 PM

Preach brother

Cowbell
01-18-2023, 02:30 PM
I heard Barbay is taking a course on passing a football as he didn't even know you can pass it. He thought you had to just run with the football out of a pro set run only offense, Power I or something similar.******

I heard he did a 2 for one on the basics of passing and the shotgun snap***

ZedFedder
01-18-2023, 02:35 PM
Kiffin has been leaking and losing some really good players off of the defense.

Commercecomet24
01-18-2023, 02:39 PM
I heard he did a 2 for one on the basics of passing and the shotgun snap***

Have some rep!

SPMT
01-18-2023, 02:43 PM

Totally agree

MrCoachKlein
01-18-2023, 02:45 PM

Renegotiation tactic?

Lord McBuckethead
01-18-2023, 02:58 PM
I'm completely turned off by all this drama.

Agreed. I really do like Tulu too. Really pull for him to get every touch possible, and I agree any student should get whatever money they can within the rule of law. As all students have this ability while in school.

The overall kicker here is that the offense changed between him confirming his commitment in late December and today. Almost our entire offensive system and coaching staff changed. I get it. Tulu has bills to pay and people to be responsible for. Although my limits of loyalty to MSU is greater than most, I can't fault the kid for doing whatever he needs to do to stack that check book. It just turns me off to college sports, because there is no limiting factors.

Theoretically, he can go through spring practice and go to the portal again. Then he could go through fall camp and go into the portal again. Then before the bowl game again. When does it stop?

Also, and this may be unfair, but I see Tulu and Will as leaders on this team at the moment. Leaders set the example. Not sure if this factors into why I am bothered by this and not others that transfered.

StarkVegasSteve
01-18-2023, 03:01 PM
I have no problem with players getting money. I have a problem with them acting like they're above criticism and social media hate. Is it a good look to tweet at players....NO. But being paid like a professional opens you up to criticism. They can't have the best of both worlds.

R2Dawg
01-18-2023, 03:05 PM
Lost in all this is the fact that everytime we deal with this we waste time and resources that we could have been recruiting other talent. Staying here while good is the same result minus making headway on some other talent we really need. This cost us more than some realize.

Also why doing stuff to make others waste resources is also good in the new day like others getting OM to spend 9mil on Kiffin.

Leroy Jenkins
01-18-2023, 03:43 PM
I wish the portal was a one way trip, you go in, you have to come out somewhere else. Then there wouldn't be so much jumping in and out.

KB21
01-18-2023, 03:53 PM
I hope he drastically improves his route running before the season. His lack of attention to detail is what held him back, not the way he was used. He?s not going to get 8-10 carries on jet sweeps in this new offense. He?s going to have to do a better job of getting in and out of his breaks so he can win the one on one matchups that he will be asked to win.

msu15
01-18-2023, 04:08 PM
I hope he drastically improves his route running before the season. His lack of attention to detail is what held him back, not the way he was used. He?s not going to get 8-10 carries on jet sweeps in this new offense. He?s going to have to do a better job of getting in and out of his breaks so he can win the one on one matchups that he will be asked to win.

He was not used properly in our offense under Leach. He is a slot receiver all day.

KB21
01-18-2023, 04:11 PM
He was not used properly in our offense under Leach. He is a slot receiver all day.

Hmm. So, what exactly makes him a slot receiver?

StarkVegasSteve
01-18-2023, 04:16 PM
Hmm. So, what exactly makes him a slot receiver?

He's 5'10 185. Outside of Tyreek Hill there's not many outside receivers that are that short. The slot gives him a better chance to get matched up on a LB or a safety that's 10 to 12 yds off the ball.

PikeDawg15
01-18-2023, 04:38 PM

I?ll be honest . Everyone knows that Pete Golding was let go by Alabama and that?s why he is at ole miss but that is a huge upgrade for them

The ole miss fans that have convinced themselves that they stole him from bama, why did you not keep dj Durkin from going to A&M?

Yeah.

Even tho that all is true, I still think they upgraded on defensive coordinator from what they had in 2022 but not as good as what they had in 2021

Johnson85
01-18-2023, 05:00 PM
I?ll be honest . Everyone knows that Pete Golding was let go by Alabama and that?s why he is at ole miss but that is a huge upgrade for them

The ole miss fans that have convinced themselves that they stole him from bama, why did you not keep dj Durkin from going to A&M?

Yeah.

Even tho that all is true, I still think they upgraded on defensive coordinator from what they had in 2022 but not as good as what they had in 2021

Is it a huge upgrade? I think he's probably good but he hasn't exactly done it at this level on his own. Counting a lot on how he did at UTSA and assuming he learned under Saban.

But I also thought Durkin was good?

Leroy Jenkins
01-18-2023, 05:15 PM

Yeah.

I'd call it a push. Only like 8 more months until we find out.

PikeDawg15
01-18-2023, 05:44 PM

He just lost Ashanti cistrunk to the portal starting senior linebacker.

PikeDawg15
01-18-2023, 05:45 PM
Is it a huge upgrade? I think he's probably good but he hasn't exactly done it at this level on his own. Counting a lot on how he did at UTSA and assuming he learned under Saban.

But I also thought Durkin was good?

Durkin was good.

I?m saying pete Golding is a step down from Durkin but a upgrade over Chris partridge

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2023, 06:16 PM

No no no it?s bc we have a noodle arm QB and Leach didnt know how to use him!!!* I am glad he is quote back and the play he made in the egg bowl on wills major malfunction was one for the ages. But no kid anywhere should be able to hold the team hostage.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2023, 06:18 PM
I also agree that he should have been in the slot. We should not have put guys in one spot and that is all they do. Leach had reasoning for that and he won a lot of games doing it. But I dont like it

SteelCurtain74
01-18-2023, 06:36 PM
Personally, I think Golden will be an utter disaster for UM. It's one thing to coach 4 and 5 star, 1st round NFL talent, but he won't have that at UM. At least not across the board. Tougher schedule next year as well for UM.

Jarius
01-18-2023, 07:25 PM
Really glad that Tulu is back and will be used correctly (hopefully) this year. Not playing him
In the slot was extremely stupid to put it nicely.

Leroy Jenkins
01-18-2023, 08:41 PM
Apparently when Tulio hit the portal Barbay brought him in and showed him film on what we want to do. (As you would expect) So Griffin obviously was happy with what Barbay wants.

bulldawg28
01-18-2023, 08:45 PM
Yeah its just another minor league at this point.

Its always been once universities started making billions off athletes.

bulldawg28
01-18-2023, 08:46 PM
No no no it?s bc we have a noodle arm QB and Leach didnt know how to use him!!!* I am glad he is quote back and the play he made in the egg bowl on wills major malfunction was one for the ages. But no kid anywhere should be able to hold the team hostage.

Hold it hostage? You mean like Will was thinking of doing?

Cowbell
01-18-2023, 09:43 PM

No. I will defend Will here. They came for Will and he didn't waver.

Leroy Jenkins
01-18-2023, 09:57 PM
https://twitter.com/Im3Fly/status/1615889555424419844?s=20&t=aoaeorSHScFA9_rcnHtU0g

msu15
01-18-2023, 10:49 PM

Brother I wish we'd upgrade at QB but this ain't it at all. Will didn't enter the portal.

Commercecomet24
01-18-2023, 10:54 PM
https://twitter.com/Im3Fly/status/1615889555424419844?s=20&t=aoaeorSHScFA9_rcnHtU0g

Words of wisdom from a real Dawg! Thank you, Errol!

DownwardDawg
01-18-2023, 11:13 PM
Personally, I think Golden will be an utter disaster for UM. It's one thing to coach 4 and 5 star, 1st round NFL talent, but he won't have that at UM. At least not across the board. Tougher schedule next year as well for UM.

Thank you. It's nice to see someone can understand that Golden sucked while having the best players in the world. Now his players will suck compared to what he just left but he's gonna be great all of a sudden. Ok.....

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2023, 11:47 PM

Thats just false. I would suggest you drop that one.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2023, 11:48 PM

He left early but he was all in. I hope he is in the USFL or XFL. One of my favorite players at State

bulldawg28
01-19-2023, 07:42 AM
No. I will defend Will here. They came for Will and he didn't waver.

If he didn't waiver the word it never would have gotten out.

bulldawg28
01-19-2023, 07:44 AM
Thats just false. I would suggest you drop that one.

I'll drop defending players when you stop making Will Aaron Rodgers.

Johnson85
01-19-2023, 10:02 AM
I also agree that he should have been in the slot. We should not have put guys in one spot and that is all they do. Leach had reasoning for that and he won a lot of games doing it. But I dont like it

Does Leach think playing inside in his offense is harder than playing outside and thought it would take too long for Tulu to learn? I get having them play one spot, but I just don't get how Tulu's one spot was on the outside. I guess we probably had a shortage of deep threats when he started there, but just seems weird that he stayed there.

Johnson85
01-19-2023, 10:06 AM
Thank you. It's nice to see someone can understand that Golden sucked while having the best players in the world. Now his players will suck compared to what he just left but he's gonna be great all of a sudden. Ok.....

Well, at UTSA he had average talent and did well against their competition. At UA, he had top end talent and had to implement Saban's system. Maybe he is better at running things his way and getting more out of average talent than running things Saban's way and maximizing top end talent.

KB21
01-19-2023, 10:21 AM
Does Leach think playing inside in his offense is harder than playing outside and thought it would take too long for Tulu to learn? I get having them play one spot, but I just don't get how Tulu's one spot was on the outside. I guess we probably had a shortage of deep threats when he started there, but just seems weird that he stayed there.

Likely. The slot receivers run a lot of option routes and settle routes in this offense. Playing Tulu on the outside was the best way to get his speed onto the field. He's not a good route runner at this point, and he would have been clearly behind Rufus Harvey, Austin Williams, and Jaden Walley in the slot.