PDA

View Full Version : The Melt Is Glorious

DawgPoundRock
11-29-2013, 12:34 AM
I really enjoy reading the meltdown on the rebel boards. Half are blaming Slow Wallace, the other half are blaming Hugh. I think one guy was calling for his head. Either way GTHOM!!!!!!!!!

MarketingBully01
11-29-2013, 12:40 AM
Nice to have their fans in meltdown mode for once...;)

Todd4State
11-29-2013, 12:40 AM
The reality is they are not that good of a team. We didn't even beat them with our best players on offense for the most part- if Dak starts, we blow them out and that's with us starting Perkins. Ole Miss is also an extremely lucky team- they got Texas the week that they fired their DC and were in disarray, and then somehow Les Miles coaching that somehow magically works against everyone else didn't work against them.

If they didn't sell their souls to the devil to get those big name recruits- they're 3-9. It's going to royally suck for them when they go on probation and all they get out of it is a bunch of 7-6 seasons and some lost cash.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2013, 12:41 AM
They have no clue who to blame, but someone always steps in and says "This was their Super Bowl", or "We are young and almost beat them". We just got done with a rebuilding year/regular season where we started 3 different QBs in games and went 6-6, won 2 OT games with QBs that didn't originally start the game, numerous injuries, only 7 seniors with 5 of those already replaced, 3 new coaches, and had 2 4th quarter/OT comebacks against SEC opponents including one against our rival. If this is the worst year we ever have under Mullen, I think I'm ok with him moving forward because even through all of that crap we still have managed to go to a bowl game.

DawgPoundRock
11-29-2013, 12:55 AM
They have no clue who to blame, but someone always steps in and says "This was their Super Bowl", or "We are young and almost beat them". We just got done with a rebuilding year/regular season where we started 3 different QBs in games and went 6-6, won 2 OT games with QBs that didn't originally start the game, numerous injuries, only 7 seniors with 5 of those already replaced, 3 new coaches, and had 2 4th quarter/OT comebacks against SEC opponents including one against our rival. If this is the worst year we ever have under Mullen, I think I'm ok with him moving forward because even through all of that crap we still have managed to go to a bowl game.

strongly agree with this, im already looking forward to next season

BossDawg
11-29-2013, 12:59 AM
They have resorted to " You might be a State fan if..." jokes over on the Spirit board. It's so delicious.

archdog
11-29-2013, 01:23 AM
Screw focusing on them no matter how awesome their meltdown is. We need to look toward the bulldog future this time. We spent almost three years looking at their failures only to see them " jump us" in one season. I say focus on our future and forget them. They will rebound off of this. In our focus on them we will forget to go for the jugular. Got to move forward.