PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Basketball Player Arrested for Capital Murder

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-15-2023, 06:52 PM
Darius Miles arrested. Was just announced yesterday out for the season with an ankle injury. He and another arrested and charged in the death of a 23 year old female

EdwardDrayton
01-15-2023, 07:30 PM
Wow

DownwardDawg
01-15-2023, 07:34 PM
Holy cow

msstate7
01-15-2023, 07:48 PM
On tRant, some saying bama said Miles' season was over bc an ankle
Injury when in fact they were keeping his mental issues covered up.

SPMT
01-15-2023, 08:02 PM
Well, it?s not their job to broadcast his ?mental issues?. And if he has mental issues, that?s no excuse. Sounds like dumbass to me.

msstate7
01-15-2023, 08:18 PM
Well, it?s not their job to broadcast his ?mental issues?. And if he has mental issues, that?s no excuse. Sounds like dumbass to me.

If they covered up issues rather than got him help, it could be trouble.

This is based on tRant though

MabenMaroon
01-15-2023, 08:19 PM
This and the UGA player dying in a car accident a very tragic and nothing but prayers out to those friends and family that are affected. Terribly tragic.

My father told me back in the 70's when I first started venturing out on my own, carousing, chasing gals and partying that nothing good ever happens after midnight. Invariably, I have witnessed the lion's share of these tragic events that occur to young adults occur after midnight, as both of these incidents did. I wish I could get through to my adult aged daughter with the message. Both my wife and I are in constant worry that she puts herself in situations where these type of events are more likely to occur.

MabenMaroon
01-15-2023, 08:20 PM

Possibly Baylor'esque?

SPMT
01-15-2023, 10:14 PM

Yeah I get you. But, it?s a huge deal if talking about the mental status of people when at a state institution.

And they may have tried to get him help, assuming he has mental issues, but they can?t force him, either.

By definition, people who commit murder probably all have some type of mental issue. Plus, mental issue is a spectrum not a concrete thing.

Just a gray thing to me.

SPMT
01-15-2023, 10:15 PM
This and the UGA player dying in a car accident a very tragic and nothing but prayers out to those friends and family that are affected. Terribly tragic.

My father told me back in the 70's when I first started venturing out on my own, carousing, chasing gals and partying that nothing good ever happens after midnight. Invariably, I have witnessed the lion's share of these tragic events that occur to young adults occur after midnight, as both of these incidents did. I wish I could get through to my adult aged daughter with the message. Both my wife and I are in constant worry that she puts herself in situations where these type of events are more likely to occur.

Was told the same and cannot disagree. Any trouble I got in to was after midnight.

Extendedcab
01-16-2023, 11:16 AM

Son, is that you? :rolleyes: That is what I told my 4 sons when they were growing up as well! Good advice!!

CaptainObvious
01-16-2023, 11:39 AM
Yeah I get you. But, it?s a huge deal if talking about the mental status of people when at a state institution.

And they may have tried to get him help, assuming he has mental issues, but they can?t force him, either.

By definition, people who commit murder probably all have some type of mental issue. Plus, mental issue is a spectrum not a concrete thing.

Just a gray thing to me.

If hatred of fellow humans is a mental issue, then every murderer ever including serial killers should have all played the insanity card and gone to mental institution for 25 years.

There are people who are raised to hate, generally due to envy or jealously or the need to control someone else. Their environment often breeds hatred and jealousy and envy and of course poverty. Some can escape that environmental upbringing and some cannot.

The old saying, you can take the boy out of the neighborhood, but you can?t take the neighborhood out of the boy.

SPMT
01-16-2023, 11:44 AM
If hatred of fellow humans is a mental issue, then every murderer ever including serial killers should have all played the insanity card and gone to mental institution for 25 years.

There are people who are raised to hate, generally due to envy or jealously or the need to control someone else. Their environment often breeds hatred and jealousy and envy and of course poverty. Some can escape that environmental upbringing and some cannot.

The old saying, you can take the boy out of the neighborhood, but you can?t take the neighborhood out of the boy.

Totally agree

R2Dawg
01-16-2023, 12:28 PM

True. The issue of murder is a heart issue just like all wrongdoing. I guess there may be a small number that has a legit mental illness but I don't think it is many.

Playing on the "hate" so nowdays a murder is just a murder but other actions in society are classified a "hate" crime. All murders or killing at the root is a hate crime.