PDA

View Full Version : Watching Alabama/LSU now

RocketDawg
01-14-2023, 04:38 PM
Alabama is good. No other way to put it.

Might win the NC this year if they keep this up.

NCMSTFAN
01-14-2023, 04:41 PM
Frank Oats can recruit and he can coach. It takes both to be successful. Jans can coach defense, the offense and recruiting seem to be lacking and is why it's going to be hard for him to have success

RocketDawg
01-14-2023, 04:44 PM
Frank Oats can recruit and he can coach. It takes both to be successful. Jans can coach defense, the offense and recruiting seem to be lacking and is why it's going to be hard for him to have success

Did he bring too many New Mexico players with him? The SEC is a totally different conference than the Mountain West or whatever NM is in. Admittedly, I don't know the background of any of our players. They sure started the year looking good with what seemed to be a pretty tough schedule, but have pretty much fallen off the table since then.

RocketDawg
01-14-2023, 04:45 PM
The Alabama court has two three-point arcs. Don't the women use the same one as the men now?

RocketDawg
01-14-2023, 04:59 PM
Bama up by 37 at halftime. 59-22. Must be shooting about 95%.

NCMSTFAN
01-14-2023, 06:30 PM
Did he bring too many New Mexico players with him? The SEC is a totally different conference than the Mountain West or whatever NM is in. Admittedly, I don't know the background of any of our players. They sure started the year looking good with what seemed to be a pretty tough schedule, but have pretty much fallen off the table since then.

He only brought one New Mexico State player with him but the other guys he signed out of the Portal were all New Mexico State talent guys. Mid major players with minimal offers. Unfortunately our class next year looks about the same and is rated 10th in the SEC. Can't win that way

CaptainObvious
01-14-2023, 08:14 PM
So Bama has a NC caliber, Football, Softball, Basketball, Gymnastics, athletics department. I expect their Baseball team to become NC Caliber as well. I wonder who their AD is? I bet he is worth $10 million a year.

CaptainObvious
01-14-2023, 08:16 PM
Glad we can afford $3 million Head Coaches and $750k ADs and Offensive Coordinators with our $120 million Athletics budget.

CaptainObvious
01-14-2023, 08:19 PM
Y?all do realize Nate Oats came from a smaller mid major than New Mexico State, right?

U of Buffalo. They were 32-4 his last year there.

TUSK
01-14-2023, 08:30 PM
So Bama has a NC caliber, Softball, Basketball, Gymnastics, athletics department.

Fixed that for ya,,,,,,

Dead, dead and gone.

RocketDawg
01-14-2023, 08:38 PM
So Bama has a NC caliber, Football, Softball, Basketball, Gymnastics, athletics department. I expect their Baseball team to become NC Caliber as well. I wonder who their AD is? I bet he is worth $10 million a year.

Isn't he the guy who took his dream job in Arizona? Said something about it was the only way he'd leave MSU?

CaptainObvious
01-14-2023, 08:52 PM
Isn't he the guy who took his dream job in Arizona? Said something about it was the only way he'd leave MSU?

Yep. I think he walked from Starkville to Tucson on broken glass barefoot to get to his <DREAM> job.

CaptainObvious
01-14-2023, 08:55 PM
Turns out U of Arizona and U of Southern Miss are not only on the same Latitude, they are on the same level of dream jobs for AD, Football coaches and baseball coaches.

SpaceBully
01-14-2023, 09:32 PM
The one NMSU player we needed was their good shooting guard. He didn't come though.

Ari Gold
01-15-2023, 09:54 AM

Oats has unlimited funds to get players , Janz has barley had a cup of coffee here, let’s see what he does the next couple of years getting guys here

Ari Gold
01-15-2023, 09:57 AM
Sears the transfer guard at Bama
Came down to 3 schools
Bama , Texas, Msu
We finished 3rd in the NIL offer. And was told 2nd in the choice