PDA

View Full Version : Will Rogers - shopping around

Santiago
01-13-2023, 10:54 PM
I know it was mentioned in another thread but, wanted to have one just on him.
He is looking, so we should be looking.

msstate7
01-13-2023, 10:57 PM
Is he looking bc we already looking?

It would be pretty not ideal to have zero qbs lol

Coach34
01-13-2023, 11:03 PM
Part of it. Today's college football

Saltydog
01-13-2023, 11:04 PM

Continuity man......

662dawg
01-13-2023, 11:04 PM
Where's Bucky when you need him? His silence will make things curious 😁

Santiago
01-13-2023, 11:07 PM
Where's Bucky when you need him? His silence will make things curious ��

He is working the phones for NIL deals for Will.
Just kidding ,Bucky .

Santiago
01-13-2023, 11:08 PM
Part of it. Today's college football

Is he worried he might have to take a hit ?

msstate7
01-13-2023, 11:09 PM
Who are starting type qbs in the portal if this does happen?

HancockCountyDog
01-13-2023, 11:10 PM
Where's Bucky when you need him? His silence will make things curious 😁

Will has the chance to be the all time passing leader in Ncaa history.

Maybe that means nothing to him, but it would make sense for him to shop around since we are making a decent scheme change.

My guess is that he stays, but you can?t blame him for looking.

msstate7
01-13-2023, 11:11 PM
Will has the chance to be the all time passing leader in Ncaa history.

Maybe that means nothing to him, but it would make sense for him to shop around since we are making a decent scheme change.

My guess is that he stays, but you can?t blame him for looking.

tRanf post I saw says he unfollowed barbay. That doesn't sound promising

Leroy Jenkins
01-13-2023, 11:12 PM
I think Sanders from OK St is a good fit for what we want to do.

Msujd164
01-13-2023, 11:12 PM
Did Arnett nuke the f?n program? Lol

parabrave
01-13-2023, 11:13 PM
This is going to be the norm for now on/ Every player will be looking for now on for mo money mo money mo money. Do you think any University will pay big bucks for a stone footed QB who can't throw a football over 20 yards?

HancockCountyDog
01-13-2023, 11:14 PM
tRanf post I saw says he unfollowed barbay. That doesn't sound promising

I dont think decisions like this can be determined by Twitter BS.

Cowbell
01-13-2023, 11:15 PM
This is old news. Bucky and Homedawg confirmed this on Wednesday. Will is being wise and making as much money as he can now cause he ain't getting drafted high.

msstate7
01-13-2023, 11:16 PM

I agree, but unfollowing the new OC seems like the meeting didn't go to well

Cowbell
01-13-2023, 11:17 PM
I think Sanders from OK St is a good fit for what we want to do.

He was scared to death against OU - he would not survive the SEC

KB21
01-13-2023, 11:19 PM
So he hands the ball off well?

DesotoDog1967
01-13-2023, 11:20 PM
Any QB from App State possibly coming with the new guy,

yjnkdawg
01-13-2023, 11:25 PM
Is he worried he might have to take a hit ?

He's not going to be running a quarterback option offense or a wishbone offense. Barbay's offense should be better for him, but let's just see how all this plays out.

Santiago
01-13-2023, 11:30 PM
He's not going to be running a quarterback option offense or a wishbone offense. Barbay's offense should be better for him, but let's just see how all this plays out.

I think you ran to the extreme there. Will always seemed nervous to take a hit to get a few yards. Just perception over reality on my part. Maybe it was his self awareness of his lack of mobility so SEC DL could out run him on any play.

yjnkdawg
01-13-2023, 11:31 PM

It can be according to some on message boards. The unreality of the social media era.

Santiago
01-13-2023, 11:43 PM
It can be according to some on message boards. The unreality of the social media era.

There is some other information supporting that Will might be looking at his options at the very least. He goes he goes. He stays, then fine as well. But it is interesting that it is happening right after meeting with the new OC.

Bothrops
01-13-2023, 11:59 PM
This is old news. Bucky and Homedawg confirmed this on Wednesday. Will is being wise and making as much money as he can now cause he ain't getting drafted high.

Drafted?

Bothrops
01-14-2023, 12:00 AM

The NIL and portal did.

Bubb Rubb
01-14-2023, 12:11 AM

Drafted high? Let's be honest. Will's pro career ceiling is high school coach.

MaroonFlounder
01-14-2023, 12:12 AM
Will Rogers leaving would make a lot of MSU fans happy.

We?ve come a long way in maroon nation when we would SHIT on 10,000+ yards passing and counting.

I?ve been critical of Will, but I want his experience on this team next year.

MaroonFlounder
01-14-2023, 12:15 AM
I’m excited about Chris Parson, but if he is starting QB next year we will once again waste away what would be a high point year with a very manageable schedule.

Screw that nonsense.

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 12:18 AM

Just to be fair he was reached out to, he turned it down. Now can he change his mind? Sure? But why would we care? He sucks****

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 12:20 AM
Continuity man......

Bad post. If we had hired someone else we would be going through the same thing except 20x worse. But carry on

confucius say
01-14-2023, 12:20 AM
I like will and what he's done for us.
But it's best for all involved if we part ways. He goes to an air raid system and we find a qb who can run our system, bc he can't.

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 12:22 AM

He's turned down way more to leave than we have offered to stay. But when if leaves we are screwed. So pray he doesn't.

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 12:23 AM
I’m excited about Chris Parson, but if he is starting QB next year we will once again waste away what would be a high point year with a very manageable schedule.

Screw that nonsense.

Fact

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 12:25 AM
But it's best for all involved if we part ways. He goes to an air raid system and we find a qb who can run our system, bc he can't.

Why the assumption of he leaves it's to an air raid school? I don't think he will leave but I think there are wrong assumptions about what's going on and why with this.

Cooterpoot
01-14-2023, 12:26 AM
Yawn

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 12:27 AM
He's turned down way more to leave than we have offered to stay. But when if leaves we are screwed. So pray he doesn't.

Especially this late in the transfer window

confucius say
01-14-2023, 12:28 AM
Why the assumption of he leaves it's to an air raid school? I don't think he will leave but I think there are wrong assumptions about what's going on and why with this.

Imo because he knows his limitations, mainly arm strength. He needs a system with short to intermediate passes that don't rely on qb mobility or the ability to stretch the field vertically.

confucius say
01-14-2023, 12:29 AM
Especially this late in the transfer window

What worries me is that portal qb that we would want are going to demand a lot of NIL money.

Cowbell
01-14-2023, 12:29 AM

I want him to stay - love the kid. But we would not be screwed. There are a lot of Power 5 QBs that would be interested in this job.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 12:32 AM
Imo because he knows his limitations, mainly arm strength. He needs a system with short to intermediate passes that don't rely on qb mobility or the ability to stretch the field vertically.

This isn't about an air raid system

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 12:33 AM
What worries me is that portal qb that we would want are going to demand a lot of NIL money.

Depends on who we can actually get, a high profile player, absolutely. But several of those you can scratch off the list no matter what.

Bothrops
01-14-2023, 12:33 AM
I want him to stay - love the kid. But we would not be screwed. There are a lot of Power 5 QBs that would be interested in this job.

Possibly

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 12:34 AM

This guy gets it

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 12:34 AM

Not for what we have to pay em... at least the ones that make us better than will.

Commercecomet24
01-14-2023, 12:35 AM
This guy gets it

Yep all comes down to money now.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 12:36 AM
This guy gets it

I agree but also don't think we are a player for high profile QB's either. Cost most definitely an issue but we would be very late to the table anyway.

Dawgology
01-14-2023, 12:38 AM
1: this is why I don’t get attached to any State player anymore. It’s all mercenary work now. Until the NCAA implements some controls (like the NFL does) this will slowly rot college athletics from the inside out.

2: this is why we should have brought in a hybrid air raid guy to slowly transition to a new scheme and take advantage of our manageable schedule next year. The concept of the air raid from the beginning at State was to try something different in the hopes it would give us a competitive edge. With the run option folded into that system more it actually was really starting to become something different that would allow us to offset some of our recruiting deficiencies. Oh well….

TUSK
01-14-2023, 12:48 AM
speakin' of QBs; Y'all dig on this:

I "heard/read" that the Maye kid at UNC turned down $5M... from Bammer, no less...

Not certain what his price tag would be, but he'd be a good get, IMO... we shoulda offered 8....

Bothrops
01-14-2023, 12:49 AM
1: this is why I don’t get attached to any State player anymore. It’s all mercenary work now. Until the NCAA implements some controls (like the NFL does) this will slowly rot college athletics from the inside out.

I hope it does. **** all those cocksucking pussies in the NCAA executive office. They are doing to college football what MTV did to music.

BeardoMSU
01-14-2023, 12:53 AM
Jfc....I can hear y'all hyperventilating all the way up here...

https://youtu.be/7nqcgUDoV_M

TUSK
01-14-2023, 01:00 AM
Jfc....I can hear y'all hyperventilating all the way up here...

https://youtu.be/7nqcgUDoV_M

Easy there, Turbo.... Bammer fittin' to get it fired back up...

Than y'all gone be all like:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ForcefulKlutzyGalapagosdove.webp

BeardoMSU
01-14-2023, 01:04 AM
Easy there, Turbo.... Bammer fittin' to get it fired back up...

Than y'all gone be all like:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ForcefulKlutzyGalapagosdove.webp

Oh, well, "the horror", then....**

TUSK
01-14-2023, 01:33 AM
Oh, well, "the horror", then....**

And Horror ye shall receive, Sir... and perhaps even, a "good spankin'"...

https://media.tenor.com/a_RzQ66MPlMAAAAS/monty-python-spank.gif

MetEdDawg
01-14-2023, 01:38 AM

I "heard/read" that the Maye kid at UNC turned down $5M... from Bammer, no less...

Not certain what his price tag would be, but he'd be a good get, IMO... we shoulda offered 8....

Our fan base still has sticker shock. Many still think the days of Cam Newton getting 200K are still in play. Those days are long gone and we are way behind.

The game is that you need money for good players, both to bring in from the outside and to keep in your program. We have too many that think we can be successful by having great culture and saying we work hard.

It's money plain and simple. And anyone that thinks we can just organically be successful is crazy. Money doesn't guarantee success but in the SEC it's the only way to have a chance at success.

Sooner we get over that and start funding NIL the sooner we can start really talking about what we can do to compete. Hopefully Selmon helps get that message across.

Todd4State
01-14-2023, 02:16 AM
Not for what we have to pay em... at least the ones that make us better than will.

Let's just pray that some of our fans don't have reality hit them in the face.

Only because I watch our team too. Otherwise I'd be 100% down for those fans suffering.

KB21
01-14-2023, 02:55 AM
Todd, I don?t know what?s worse. The fact that we have some fans who think we won?t miss Will if he were to leave, or the fact that they feel like a pro style spread is going to be easier to execute then the air raid.

SpaceBully
01-14-2023, 03:01 AM

Yeah, been hearing some under currents that he may be looking. Can't blame him as he'll be a Sr. with only experience in the air raid. We won't be running anything close to that.

SpaceBully
01-14-2023, 03:05 AM

It won't be best for us. Breaking in a freshman with no snaps in the SEC will be brutal. I might guess our bowl string run could end.

civildawg
01-14-2023, 08:04 AM
I wouldn?t give will anything above what he already has. Where?s he going to go? Belhaven? Let him go and go find another qb

TNDawg35
01-14-2023, 08:17 AM
Once again, y’all bitch all year about how the offense is horrible and wanting to blow it up, now that Arnette is doing it, y’all are in panic mode. Why don’t y’all wait and see how everything plays out. For all I care Will could go. He is not an SEC QB and maybe Arnette thinks that also. Let Will go to WKU or Tulsa. Who cares. Their are plenty of QBs who can come in and do what Will has done (stand in the pocket like a statue and throw a crossing route) Remember, EVERYONE wanted an upgrade at QB to throw the deep ball and open stuff up. Well, your getting what you wanted…

No Tulu, I hate to see go and there has to be more to that story. There is no way the kid goes from recruiting like crazy for State to all of a sudden he hates it hear… Just looking at his Twitter he is being a typical 19 yr old and it’s look at me time. I really wish we could keep him. He will blow the hell up at Tulsa or somewhere small. There just has to be more to it…

ZedFedder
01-14-2023, 08:28 AM
We will be fine.

Dawgface
01-14-2023, 08:37 AM

I guess that is just for one year too. My days of caring anything about 'college' football is pretty much over.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 08:42 AM
Once again, y’all bitch all year about how the offense is horrible and wanting to blow it up, now that Arnette is doing it, y’all are in panic mode. Why don’t y’all wait and see how everything plays out. For all I care Will could go. He is not an SEC QB and maybe Arnette thinks that also. Let Will go to WKU or Tulsa. Who cares. Their are plenty of QBs who can come in and do what Will has done (stand in the pocket like a statue and throw a crossing route) Remember, EVERYONE wanted an upgrade at QB to throw the deep ball and open stuff up. Well, your getting what you wanted…

No Tulu, I hate to see go and there has to be more to that story. There is no way the kid goes from recruiting like crazy for State to all of a sudden he hates it hear… Just looking at his Twitter he is being a typical 19 yr old and it’s look at me time. I really wish we could keep him. He will blow the hell up at Tulsa or somewhere small. There just has to be more to it…

Will is being pursued by an SEC school

chef dixon
01-14-2023, 08:49 AM
Do y'all really think we have the fan base to compete with our general competition financially? We will probably lose at least a couple every year to this

maroonmania
01-14-2023, 08:55 AM
I guess that is just for one year too. My days of caring anything about 'college' football is pretty much over.

Yep, I'm less emotionally attached to college football and MSU football than ever. Would certainly like to see us at least competitive but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it one way or the other at this point. I just feel like with college I'm watching the Jr. NFL now and if I'm just going to watch professionals who are only in it for the money then I might as well just spend more time watching the actual NFL.

msstate7
01-14-2023, 09:02 AM

Which one? Vandy, mizzou, maybe auburn... don't see him fitting anywhere else with USCe getting their guy back and Kentucky got a much better qb in portal

msstate7
01-14-2023, 09:10 AM
OM supposedly after Howard. Maybe we should be letting dart know we might be needing his services if will leaves

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 09:17 AM

I remember when y'all only had to pay $150k for a D lineman.

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 09:18 AM

No he is not.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 09:22 AM
Which one? Vandy, mizzou, maybe auburn... don't see him fitting anywhere else with USCe getting their guy back and Kentucky got a much better qb in portal

Auburn

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 09:24 AM
No he is not.

Ok

msstate7
01-14-2023, 09:28 AM
Auburn

That seems like a spite move by them. Freeze had qbs capable of moving the chains on the ground when he was at OM and throwing the hr ball.

Rogers grew up an OM fan, so he could be a big freeze fan.

Mjoelner34
01-14-2023, 09:31 AM
Auburn? For QB or clipboard holder?

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 09:41 AM
Auburn? For QB or clipboard holder?

He wouldn't go to hold a clip board and for the NIL deal that's been thrown out, that's not what they intend either.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 09:42 AM
Again, just let this play out. He turned down offer before and hopefully he will this time as well.

Catfish
01-14-2023, 09:45 AM
Can't see Will making this move.

msstate7
01-14-2023, 09:50 AM
He wouldn't go to hold a clip board and for the NIL deal that's been thrown out, that's not what they intend either.

Freeze as a HC hasn't had a team where the qb ram less than 100 times in a season. Unless they think they can keep ashford for running to rotate in, this would mean freeze is totally changing his offense.

To me it seems they see an opportunity to buy a win by leaving us with no qb. Not a bad strategy actually

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 09:52 AM
Auburn

So Freeze is changing to a slow down offense with 5-yard passes with a QB who in 3 years hasn't shown he can move/run (in fact he's proved the opposite), get rid of a ball quickly or throw it down the field?

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 09:53 AM
Freeze as a HC hasn't had a team where the qb ram less than 100 times in a season. Unless they think they can keep ashford for running to rotate in, this would mean freeze is totally changing his offense.

To me it seems they see an opportunity to buy a win by leaving us with no qb. Not a bad strategy actually

Montgomery is the OC and doesn't utilize running QB's much and in multiple seasons no running at all. They can scheme away from it even blending the 2 systems.

msstate7
01-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Montgomery is the OC and doesn't utilize running QB's much and in multiple seasons no running at all. They can scheme away from it even blending the 2 systems.

Freeze is giving up his offense that made him successful? Color me skeptical

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 10:04 AM
I don't think Will is leaving but this is the new NIL world we live in. My best advice is to be numb to the volatility and do what you feel is right in supporting BI. I'm supporting it even though I know a scholarship is worth more to most athletes than NIL deals. But I also knew the numbers would explode. Florida is getting sideways with a top player over $13 MIL. You think we have a shot at someone like Howard? You better write a huge check immediately because other schools are throwing some insane money around.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 10:08 AM

I don't know what kind of offense they end up running or if it's a hybrid or a 2 QB system. Just that Montgomery is under the Briles tree and he hasn't had to use a running QB and successful as well. I suspect their offense will end up being tailored for who they end up getting. They have been active in the portal with QB's.

bulldawg28
01-14-2023, 10:09 AM
Bye Felicia!

Todd4State
01-14-2023, 10:11 AM

Which Freeze has done before with Longo. Not to mention much of his passing tree is based off of the Air Raid.

So much for no other SEC team would ever want Will Rogers.

Todd4State
01-14-2023, 10:11 AM
Do y'all really think we have the fan base to compete with our general competition financially? We will probably lose at least a couple every year to this

Yes we do. The problem is we got behind and have to catch up.

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 10:13 AM
No he is not.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. But carry on

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 10:14 AM
Again, just let this play out. He turned down offer before and hopefully he will this time as well.

Yep yep and yep. To this post and previous ones above.

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 10:15 AM

Just trying to make his qb room better. Ashford is mobile- which everyone here wants- but can't pass a lick. How did that work for em??

Dawgface
01-14-2023, 10:17 AM
Yep, I'm less emotionally attached to college football and MSU football than ever. Would certainly like to see us at least competitive but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it one way or the other at this point. I just feel like with college I'm watching the Jr. NFL now and if I'm just going to watch professionals who are only in it for the money then I might as well just spend more time watching the actual NFL.

Yep.

confucius say
01-14-2023, 10:20 AM
This isn't about an air raid system

But my point is that's the only system in which he can thrive.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 10:27 AM
Yes we do. The problem is we got behind and have to catch up.

A lot of catching up but we need as many people who will to get on board soon and get to pulling this thing up

confucius say
01-14-2023, 10:31 AM

Can we trade for Ashford strait up?

msstate7
01-14-2023, 10:34 AM
Just trying to make his qb room better. Ashford is mobile- which everyone here wants- but can't pass a lick. How did that work for em??

And will can pass but can't run. Freeze uses both.

confucius say
01-14-2023, 10:35 AM
A lot of catching up but we need as many people who will to get on board soon and get to pulling this thing up

Yep. Everybody can give 25bucks a month at least. A lot can give 50 or 100

confucius say
01-14-2023, 10:36 AM

He can be developed as a passer. He has some tools. He was a freshman last year and showed flashes. I'd love to have him

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 10:36 AM
If any of this is true (and I don't think it is), we should not get into a bidding war for Will. I love the kid, but that money can be spent much better elsewhere. And I don't blame Will if he gets a good offer, he should take it, let's be real his life after college will be coaching football or selling insurance and I'm sure he understands that.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 10:40 AM
Can we trade for Ashford strait up?

Lol. I wouldn't do that deal. You better throw in some more players or a lot of cash.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 10:42 AM
If any of this is true (and I don't think it is), we should not get into a bidding war for Will. I love the kid, but that money can be spent much better elsewhere. And I don't blame Will if he gets a good offer, he should take it, let's be real his life after college will be coaching football or selling insurance and I'm sure he understands that.

Well it's true but here's the thing, we can't really get into a bidding war if we wanted to.

chef dixon
01-14-2023, 10:43 AM
Hilarious that this has turned into fan donations in order to pay these guys and the universities are still sitting on fat TV checks. Completely missed the point. Fans of schools like ours will lose interest

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 10:46 AM
He can be developed as a passer. He has some tools. He was a freshman last year and showed flashes. I'd love to have him

I agree, he has shown flashes. Just pointing out the first game he went 8-25 w 3 ints and we had to face 8 in the box our fans would be bitching about him like the do Will. Just different reason. And no Will isn't perfect. Not close. But we could be way worse off. That's all.

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 10:48 AM
Here's the deal- it's way easier to retain players than buy players out of the portal. The cost is cheaper. We can't get in a bidding war for a replacement of the quality of Will. That's the point.

Walkerhill
01-14-2023, 10:50 AM

It is hard to see how AU would be a fit for Will. Injury, bench time, or musical quarterback chairs seems like the most likely options. The system is any iffy fit with a young incumbent starter who fits the system better and came on down the stretch this year. And that fan base will not be patient.

He should follow Spurrier Jr to Tulsa. Discounting Covid year, he has 2 years to play, right? Already has 10k+ yards. He could potentially set the all time NCAA passing record there and walk away a legend.

DEDawg
01-14-2023, 10:50 AM
Hilarious that this has turned into fan donations in order to pay these guys and the universities are still sitting on fat TV checks. Completely missed the point. Fans of schools like ours will lose interest
I do my part donating to the BI but I agree, and curious how the schools can get involved. The way I understand the school cannot directly pay the players. But what are the loopholes? Can we hire an individual on a temp contract who is technically not a member of the university and pay he/she $3M a year? and that individual just happens to love State athletics and donates $2.85M per year? You?d need a great counsel to lock it down but there?s gotta be a way

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 10:51 AM

The university still can't pay players and have to use that money for the entire athletic budget. But let me know how it works out when you pay football players and eliminate the other sports to do so with Title IX still in place. Don't think we win that battle.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 10:53 AM
Here's the deal- it's way easier to retain players than buy players out of the portal. The cost is cheaper. We can't get in a bidding war for a replacement of the quality of Will. That's the point.

Way way more cost effective to retain than to buy from the portal. The numbers are pretty insane for some of these guys.

chef dixon
01-14-2023, 10:54 AM
The university still can't pay players and have to use that money for the entire athletic budget. But let me know how it works out when you pay football players and eliminate the other sports to do so with Title IX still in place. Don't think we win that battle.

Not arguing technicalities in the rules in place, just think this misses the whole mark in a huge way when the argument all along is "look how much money it makes"

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 11:11 AM
Way way more cost effective to retain than to buy from the portal. The numbers are pretty insane for some of these guys.

Negative ghost rider, money is money (unless he gives a hometown discount). If Will gets offered $100k by the barn, we should not match it, that money is much, much better spent elsewhere. Now if Will is offered $50k, but will stay in Starkvegas for $25k, that may be worth it. Will is a system QB (not that there is anything wrong with that), but he has some serious flaws, google any list of top college QBs for 2022 and his name "will" (pun intended) not be high on many lists, in spite of breaking records. If we ran Woody Marks 40 times per game and he averaged 5 yards/carry, he'd break records too. Will was not the reason for our success in 2022.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 11:14 AM
Negative ghost rider, money is money (unless he gives a hometown discount). If Will gets offered $100k by the barn, we should not match it, that money is much, much better spent elsewhere. Now if Will is offered $50k, but will stay in Starkvegas for $25k, that may be worth it.

Dude, you think the monies being thrown around are that low. You are extremely off base. But for argument sake, take that $25,000 and see what kind of QB you could possibly sign.

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 11:18 AM
Dude, you think the monies being thrown around are that low. You are extremely off base.

Then we certainly need to get out of the "Will" sweepstakes.

Saltydog
01-14-2023, 11:18 AM
Anytime someone disagrees w/you it's a bad post. NO, this is an absolute shit show.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 11:21 AM
Then we certainly need to get out of the "Will" sweepstakes.

I wasn't even talking about Will. I edited my post, but the numbers you are talking about are completely unrealistic across the board. Not just Will money but for a replacement QB as well.

sack07
01-14-2023, 11:34 AM
It is probably best that many of you quit following college athletics. (And then I do not know why you would spend time on a message board.) I think many of you are underestimating the monetary numbers being thrown around, including Will?s,

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2023, 11:39 AM
He is not actively looking and never was. He wants to be here. There are some schools one really big one that has came to him. He loves this program

But the staff did tell some kids they were going to keep the offense in the family

Vandownbytheriver
01-14-2023, 11:46 AM
He is not actively looking and never was. He wants to be here. There are some schools one really big one that has came to him. He loves this program

But the staff did tell some kids they were going to keep the offense in the family

Keep the offense in the family? What does that mean?

MetEdDawg
01-14-2023, 11:47 AM
It is probably best that many of you quit following college athletics. (And then I do not know why you would spend time on a message board.) I think many of you are underestimating the monetary numbers being thrown around, including Will?s,

This is the correct answer. If you want the best QBs out of high school, its millions to get them. If some of the best ones in college football transfer, it's millions to get them. Good QBs are 6 figure deals. If you think I'm exaggerating, go do the research and look at what happened with the kid at UNC. Look at the kid asking for his release from Florida.

It's ok if you don't want to help NIL to get or keep players. Just understand you need to temper your expectations because we aren't going to get game changing players.

We are going to lose folks every year. Get over it. But don't complain about what it is if you aren't going to contribute to how to fix it.

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2023, 11:48 AM
The best policy is dont open your mouth about something you dont know a thing about.

Will has turned down money and given his away so other kids will stay here. It?s up to him and his family. And they hate the portal stuff along with anyone else who believes in whats right

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2023, 11:49 AM
Keep the offense in the family? What does that mean?

Keep it in the air raid tree. And Barbay may do that. We better. But it is a fact kids were told it wouldn?t be a total rebuild

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 11:50 AM
The best policy is dont open your mouth about something you dont know a thing about.

Will has turned down money and given his away so other kids will stay here. It?s up to him and his family. And they hate the portal stuff along with anyone else who believes in whats right

I appreciate you posting Bucky. I know how close you are to him and the family. Will absolutely has been a great asset to the Bulldog family in so many ways.

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2023, 11:52 AM
No he is not.

Yes he is. One we see every year.

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 11:53 AM
Dude, you think the monies being thrown around are that low. You are extremely off base. But for argument sake, take that $25,000 and see what kind of QB you could possibly sign.

Just give up trying to explain it. I have.

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-14-2023, 11:55 AM
Auburn.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 11:57 AM
Just give up trying to explain it. I have.

When you're right you're right.

Leroy Jenkins
01-14-2023, 11:58 AM
LOL....... These guys talking about 50K. Yall are short some zeros.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/florida-could-lose-top-recruit-massive-nil-deal-creates-controversy

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 12:02 PM

If he has a good offer, he certainly needs to consider it. He needs to do what's best for him and his future. I'm a second-generation bulldog married to the same, and we are long-time season ticket holders, if my son was in Will's situation and got a very strong offer from the barn, Ole Miss, Bama, etc., I'd advise him to consider.

Just to be clear, I personally don't believe Will is getting strong offers. I base this solely on watching him play every game for the past three years and understanding what most successful college offenses are doing. It seems that most sought-after QBs these days can throw the ball downfield and put pressure on the D with the threat of running. Will is a game manager, ball control QB who protects the football and makes good mostly good decisions.

Vandownbytheriver
01-14-2023, 12:05 PM
Keep it in the air raid tree. And Barbay may do that. We better. But it is a fact kids were told it wouldn?t be a total rebuild

Oh okay. That makes sense. Would explain why some of these guys are having second thoughts.

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2023, 12:06 PM
Again the best policy is dont open your mouth if you really dont know. Will is a dawg. He wants to be a dawg. I would hope he gets a lot of support to stay. I will be absolutely shocked if he leaves.

He has done a lot and never asked for credit for any of it. Hes not perfect either for the record. Its a crying shame there is even discussion about this

Cowbell
01-14-2023, 12:06 PM
Negative ghost rider, money is money (unless he gives a hometown discount). If Will gets offered $100k by the barn, we should not match it, that money is much, much better spent elsewhere. Now if Will is offered $50k, but will stay in Starkvegas for $25k, that may be worth it. Will is a system QB (not that there is anything wrong with that), but he has some serious flaws, google any list of top college QBs for 2022 and his name "will" (pun intended) not be high on many lists, in spite of breaking records. If we ran Woody Marks 40 times per game and he averaged 5 yards/carry, he'd break records too. Will was not the reason for our success in 2022.

You are so far removed from reality on this that you should probably quit posting on this subject for a minute

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 12:07 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/florida-could-lose-top-recruit-massive-nil-deal-creates-controversy

I don't believe he was offered 13 million. Not for a second. But there are obviously some big deals out there.

Cowbell
01-14-2023, 12:08 PM
Again the best policy is dont open your mouth if you really dont know. Will is a dawg. He wants to be a dawg. I would hope he gets a lot of support to stay. I will be absolutely shocked if he leaves.

He has done a lot and never asked for credit for any of it. Hes not perfect either for the record. Its a crying shame there is even discussion about this

I got to agree with you on this. I don't blame him if he leaves at this point with all the hate

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 12:13 PM

I agree and when it was first posted in another thread last night I said to let it be. We knew what was going to happen once the smoke started though. He has been a great ambassador for State.

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 12:19 PM

In this situation, we are referring to the NIL value of a certain player, not values of highly sought-after players. If Arch Manning wanted $10mil, he'd probably get it, but the QB at UAB (i have no idea who that is, just using it as an example) may not even get a Big Mac. You have to use your critical thinking skills, plus those figures are likely significantly inflated.

Leroy Jenkins
01-14-2023, 12:22 PM

How does a school "come to you" if you are not in the portal?

confucius say
01-14-2023, 12:26 PM
Lol. I wouldn't do that deal. You better throw in some more players or a lot of cash.

You wouldn't do the deal straight up if it were available? I think Ashford ceiling is way higher than will.

confucius say
01-14-2023, 12:27 PM
I agree, he has shown flashes. Just pointing out the first game he went 8-25 w 3 ints and we had to face 8 in the box our fans would be bitching about him like the do Will. Just different reason. And no Will isn't perfect. Not close. But we could be way worse off. That's all.

Fair point. Our fans will gripe about anything that's for sure!

KOdawg1
01-14-2023, 12:28 PM
I'm not a Will Rogers fan. I think he's average at best. But him leaving wouldn't be good. 2 weeks ago? Sure. But all of our backups are gone. We have 2 scholarship QBs including him.

And despite the hate I give him, he is experienced despite his physical limitations.

DownwardDawg
Once again, y?all bitch all year about how the offense is horrible and wanting to blow it up, now that Arnette is doing it, y?all are in panic mode. Why don?t y?all wait and see how everything plays out. For all I care Will could go. He is not an SEC QB and maybe Arnette thinks that also. Let Will go to WKU or Tulsa. Who cares. Their are plenty of QBs who can come in and do what Will has done (stand in the pocket like a statue and throw a crossing route) Remember, EVERYONE wanted an upgrade at QB to throw the deep ball and open stuff up. Well, your getting what you wanted?

No Tulu, I hate to see go and there has to be more to that story. There is no way the kid goes from recruiting like crazy for State to all of a sudden he hates it hear? Just looking at his Twitter he is being a typical 19 yr old and it?s look at me time. I really wish we could keep him. He will blow the hell up at Tulsa or somewhere small. There just has to be more to it?

It's a handful of wow is me pansies and a few new posters. They all somehow know exactly what the offense is going to look like next season. Hell, they can go ahead and tell you the plays we're going to run on our first drive. It's awesome.
I can't wait to see us come out the gate running something similar to what we ran this year just to watch the next chapter of the melt. People have lost their ability to process shit rationally.

confucius say

Ding ding ding. That's why our strategy has been to retain than buy new guys.

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2023, 12:32 PM
How does a school "come to you" if you are not in the portal?

You know how

KB21
01-14-2023, 12:32 PM
Did someone actually suggest trading Will for Robbie Ashford? LOL! You really don?t know anything about Barbay?s offense huh? To even think that Ashford could succeed in Barbay?s pro style spread is comical.

Leroy Jenkins
01-14-2023, 12:34 PM
You know how

Just say tampering.

confucius say
01-14-2023, 12:36 PM
You know how

Then why don't we turn it in? It's one of the few things left that is against the rules. I'd love to catch auburn right at the beginning of Hugh's tenure.

Also, the staff told players we would keep the offense in the air raid family before or after hiring barbay? I'm assuming before.

662dawg
01-14-2023, 12:37 PM
You wouldn't do the deal straight up if it were available? I think Ashford ceiling is way higher than will.

I love Will as a person & player for Mississippi State. I for sure do not want him to leave. But let's be realistic here, there's no chance in hell he'd ever start in Hugh Freeze's offense. If they are after him it's more to get him away from us. Ashford is a way better fit for Hugh than Will. This shouldn't even be debatable. He'd never see the field in that offense barring a couple of injuries or something. It's the worst offense possible for Will.

We do need to bring someone in to push him. In fact we just about have to go out & get two scholarship qb's via the portal.

However, the perfect scenario is a much improved Will Rogers playing QB for the Mississippi State University in 2023.

DEDawg
01-14-2023, 12:38 PM
You know how

Curious if there is any repercussions to this or if the NCAA even cares. I give Will a lot of flak on the field, but 100% agree he is all dawg. He's legit a great rep for our school, and if Auburn or whoever came to him and he was not in the portal, I hope he blasts them on social media for tampering and we retain legal support. Even professional leagues have major penalties for this including loss of draft picks. If NCAA actually gives a shit they've got to dock scholarships or take bowl eligibility from a big name and make an example.

662dawg
01-14-2023, 12:39 PM
Did someone actually suggest trading Will for Robbie Ashford? LOL! You really don?t know anything about Barbay?s offense huh? To even think that Ashford could succeed in Barbay?s pro style spread is comical.

No chance in hell I'd trade Will for Ashford in Barbay's offense. No chance in hell I'd trade Ashford for Will in Hugh Freeze's offense.

confucius say
01-14-2023, 12:39 PM

You think the offense cannot incorporate qb run game? Watch this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DFBfZ1rMZ1c

BrunswickDawg
01-14-2023, 12:40 PM
Then why don't we turn it in? It's one of the few things left that is against the rules. I'd love to catch auburn right at the beginning of Hugh's tenure.

Also, the staff told players we would keep the offense in the air raid family before or after hiring barbay? I'm assuming before.

Because the ncaa has all but said they can't go after tampering by setting no rules and investigating no one for tampering since this began. Same with the SEC. It's the Wild West.

RiverCityDawg
01-14-2023, 12:45 PM

Ashford will never be a consistent successful starter at QB in the SEC. He cannot pass it a lick. He really should switch to DB or WR.

Lord McBuckethead
01-14-2023, 12:50 PM

No. Leach passing had something to do with it.

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 12:51 PM
Ding ding ding. That's why our strategy has been to retain than buy new guys.

You seem dense, so let me break this down for you. Money is money, if we pay someone $100k to stay or pay $100k for someone to come in, it still costs us $100k. We can't overpay to retain a an average player. If we can get a hometown discount, then yes retaining is the great, if we have to match an offer it is not. Yes we should concentrate on current players, but not over pay them.

Lord McBuckethead
01-14-2023, 12:53 PM
What? Scholarships worth more to most athletes? NIL is above and beyond a scholarship. The scholarship is a given.

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 12:55 PM
You seem dense, so let me break this down for you. Money is money, if we pay someone $100k to stay or pay $100k for someone to come in, it still costs us $100k. We can't overpay to retain a an average player. If we can get a hometown discount, then yes retaining is the great, if we have to match an offer it is not. Yes we should concentrate on current players, but not over pay them.

You're not understanding the point. I'll try one more time. If you have player A that is here and he is equal to player b that isn't here. It cost 50k to keep player A and 100k to get player b.

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 01:11 PM
You're not understanding the point. I'll try one more time. If you have player A that is here and he is equal to player b that isn't here. It cost 50k to keep player A and 100k to get player b.

Dude, that's what is meant by "home town discount." If we get it, it makes sense, but if we have to match an offer, then retaining may not make sense.

Yes everyone focuses on retaining current players, but if someone comes with a strong offer for a current player and the player wants his current team to match, then his current team may want to look elsewhere. I'm sure we made RaRa an offer, but UGA made him a better offer the we didn't fell it was smart to match.

Commercecomet24
01-14-2023, 01:16 PM

Yep, Will has been a good Dawg! I respect him for not taking the offers he's been given.

msu15
01-14-2023, 01:18 PM
I actually think Will is a better fit in Barbary's offense than Leach's pure air raid.

R2Dawg
01-14-2023, 01:20 PM
Continuity man......

Continuity went out the door with NIL and transfer portal crap; ain't got nothing to do with CZA. Get real.

Leroy Jenkins
01-14-2023, 01:40 PM

If he's being tampered with outside of the portal and he doesn't report the people doing it then he is complicit and part of the problem.

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-14-2023, 01:43 PM
Ashford can?t throw worth a damn.

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 01:48 PM
I actually think Will is a better fit in Barbary's offense than Leach's pure air raid.

I wouldn't be surprised either. If a QB can't throw deep in Leach's offense, the offense was going to struggle mightily against better SEC Ds.

msstate7
01-14-2023, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't be surprised either. If a QB can't throw deep in Leach's offense, the offense was going to struggle mightily against better SEC Ds.

App st threw it deep a lot. They led the sunbelt in 40 yard pass plays.

PGHBulldogBG
01-14-2023, 01:53 PM
Yep, Will has been a good Dawg! I respect him for not taking the offers he's been given.

For sure I definitely respect Will a lot for that. Hopefully we can do what we need to do to keep him. Losing Will and Tulu would be huge losses no matter how you spin it

confucius say
01-14-2023, 01:58 PM

Sigh. Current players is the hometown discount. That's the entire point and why we do it.
Bookie and Will cost us X. The exact same player in the portal cost us X times 2 (or more).

So if we lose will it's going to cost us twice as much to go get the same level of talent out of the portal.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 02:00 PM
Dude, that's what is meant by "home town discount." If we get it, it makes sense, but if we have to match an offer, then retaining may not make sense.

Yes everyone focuses on retaining current players, but if someone comes with a strong offer for a current player and the player wants his current team to match, then his current team may want to look elsewhere. I'm sure we made RaRa an offer, but UGA made him a better offer the we didn't fell it was smart to match.

It doesn't really work in the real world. This is an increasing volatile market. You are assuming you can take the money you were paying and find equal value. You can't. And we are talking amounts well above $25,000, $50,000 and $100,000. Those numbers looks doable, those are not real world numbers and is one of the problems we have trying to play in the portal, NIL world right now.

confucius say
01-14-2023, 02:06 PM
Ashford can?t throw worth a damn.

He was 24-33 for 285 against ark. Ran for 87 too. So he showed flashes.

He was a true freshman. He will improve.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 02:07 PM

You will not get equal value for the sane money. That looks good in theory but doesn't work if you take that money to the portal to get a player. Same money, less of a player. If you want an equal player, it will cost you a lot more than that money you were using.

msstate7
01-14-2023, 02:13 PM

He didn't throw it well Vs us, but he ran for over 100 and 2 TDs. He also ran for over 100 and 2 TDs vs bama. He led his team to more points vs bama than we've scored in 3 years... 27 pts vs 16 pts ('20-'22) for us.

Who knows if he develops into a good all around qb, but he has some tools

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 02:14 PM

I hear ya but...Ark pass defense woof.
What was his numbers after that game?

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 02:17 PM
https://twitter.com/wrogers__2/status/1614338235252998144?s=46&t=yB6ZJIzs33TfhnlJCvQuVg

Leroy Jenkins
01-14-2023, 02:18 PM
You will not get equal value for the sane money. That looks good in theory but doesn't work if you take that money to the portal to get a player. Same money, less of a player. If you want an equal player, it will cost you a lot more than that money you were using.

Assuming there are no equal/better players below the P5 level.

Commercecomet24
01-14-2023, 02:22 PM
https://twitter.com/wrogers__2/status/1614338235252998144?s=46&t=yB6ZJIzs33TfhnlJCvQuVg

Yeah for all the complaining about Will the kid has been a Dawg and given us everything thing he has!

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 02:23 PM
Yeah for all the complaining about Will the kid has been a Dawg and given us everything thing he has!

Absolutely!!

Leroy Jenkins
01-14-2023, 02:29 PM

No objective person will argue that, and if they do they are just being argumentative.

mo7888
01-14-2023, 02:35 PM
Continuity went out the door with NIL and transfer portal crap; ain't got nothing to do with CZA. Get real.

If that's really the case then there's no excuse for not having had a national search for HC

confucius say
01-14-2023, 03:23 PM
If that's really the case then there's no excuse for not having had a national search for HC

We would have lost a whole lot more. All those defensive guys that came back would not have. For having a coaching change, we haven't lost hardly anybody (DJ left before the coaching change).

dawgoneyall
01-14-2023, 03:50 PM
Without Will next year Arnett will be a one year wonder.

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 03:51 PM
Sigh. Current players is the hometown discount. That's the entire point and why we do it.
Bookie and Will cost us X. The exact same player in the portal cost us X times 2 (or more).

So if we lose will it's going to cost us twice as much to go get the same level of talent out of the portal.

We're conversing about one certain player who we'd all agree is average (although a great kid) and may not be a good fit for our upcoming offensive strategy. If the barn offers him $100k, it would be better for us to not match that $100k (or probably even $75k) and let him go.

Chris Parson is already on campus and will go through spring drills. If the coaches think he needs another year, the portal will open again in May, there will be QBs aplenty (we will probably get two if nothing but for backups). I'd rather save the $100k for a D lineman (nothing disrupts a game like a dominate D lineman) or another position where we can find value and roll the dice on Parson or a transfer QB.

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 03:53 PM

The same can be said for dozens of players.

msstate7
01-14-2023, 03:55 PM
We're conversing about one certain player who we'd all agree is average (although a great kid) and may not be a good fit for our upcoming offensive strategy. If the barn offers him $100k, it would be better for us to not match that $100k (or probably even $75k) and let him go.

Chris Parson is already on campus and will go through spring drills. If the coaches think he needs another year, the portal will open again in May, there will be QBs aplenty (we will probably get two if nothing but for backups). I'd rather save the $100k for a D lineman (nothing disrupts a game like a dominate D lineman) or another position where we can find value and roll the dice on Parson or a transfer QB.

Thought parson was injured?

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 03:56 PM

Well that certain player is still all State, so it's moot. But if you think those are around the real dollars being discussed or just using for examples, I don't know. If you think the actual number being discussed are in the 5 or barely 6 figures, you are extremely off.

Nobody in their right minds wants to go through the spring with a freshman scholarship and a walk-on as your only QB's.

MabenMaroon
01-14-2023, 04:11 PM

Nuff said!

Saltydog
01-14-2023, 04:22 PM

The hell it doesn't.........We were sold that CZA was the man for continuity of players, coaches, recruits, scheme, etc............That has every damn thing to do with this........Thinking otherwise is well, stupid........

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 04:34 PM
Well that certain player is still all State, so it's moot. But if you think those are around the real dollars being discussed or just using for examples, I don't know. If you think the actual number being discussed are in the 5 or barely 6 figures, you are extremely off.

Nobody in their right minds wants to go through the spring with a freshman scholarship and a walk-on as your only QB's.

Although, we will likely never be able to prove it either way, no reasonable person will be believe Will Rodgers was offered $100k from the barn for the 2023 season.

Leroy Jenkins
01-14-2023, 04:35 PM
The hell it doesn't.........We were sold that CZA was the man for continuity of players, coaches, recruits, scheme, etc............That has every damn thing to do with this........Thinking otherwise is well, stupid........

The problem is you don't know how much continuity was preserved by hiring CZA. This may be the scenario with the least attrition possible. No way to know that, infinite possibilities. The entire defense could have left in any other scenario, I don't know and no one else does either. Can't solve for what might have happened.

Leroy Jenkins
01-14-2023, 04:39 PM
Although, we will likely never be able to prove it either way, no reasonable person will be believe Will Rodgers was offered $100k from the barn for the 2023 season.

Unless they think the one win vs MSU without a QB is worth 100k. Which it is in bowl standing alone, not to mention the positive effects of hurting your competition.

RiverDawg
01-14-2023, 04:42 PM
1. Help superglue pack! He can?t even slide.
2. Any time buck tooth gets a chance to screw with MSU, he will. Sammy should have never allowed that POS back in the SEC.

RocketDawg
01-14-2023, 04:51 PM
Can't say that I blame Will. But that said - and I know my opinion is not shared by many - but I think the NIL and the free transfer rules have screwed up college football infinitely and indefinitely. I don't think that NIL was intended to mean we had players being paid multi-millions in college; rather it meant they could make a few dollars off of autographed pictures, shirts with their names, etc. Probably won't be long before athletes aren't even required to sign up for classes.

Leroy Jenkins
01-14-2023, 04:53 PM
Your opinion isn't shared by many? Dude, nearly every single person who watches CFB has this opinion.

RocketDawg
01-14-2023, 05:03 PM
Your opinion isn't shared by many? Dude, nearly every single person who watches CFB has this opinion.

If that's the case, then there needs to be pressure to revert. And then crack down very seriously on cheating.

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 05:03 PM

Ok....

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2023, 05:09 PM
He was never looking for a way out

Leroy Jenkins
01-14-2023, 05:11 PM
He was never looking for a way out

Well the right thing to do would be for him to report the tampering then. Maybe he has.

Dawgface
01-14-2023, 05:16 PM
Can't say that I blame Will. But that said - and I know my opinion is not shared by many - but I think the NIL and the free transfer rules have screwed up college football infinitely and indefinitely. I don't think that NIL was intended to mean we had players being paid multi-millions in college; rather it meant they could make a few dollars off of autographed pictures, shirts with their names, etc. Probably won't be long before athletes aren't even required to sign up for classes.

When was the last time you heard of a player being suspended for academic reasons?

KB21
01-14-2023, 05:29 PM

Agree. They told players that they were keeping the air raid, and instead they?re going to a pro style offense

Todd4State
01-14-2023, 05:35 PM

I have said this before and I will say this again- he will be one of the most underrated QB's we have ever had and our fans won't realize it until he leaves.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 05:36 PM

You are right, no way to prove it on a message board and actual numbers shouldn't be discussed anyway. But that number is so way off, it's not even funny. What you think is reasonable is not close to accurate to what real numbers are being paid.

Commercecomet24
01-14-2023, 05:38 PM
I have said this before and I will say this again- he will be one of the most underrated QB's we have ever had and our fans won't realize it until he leaves.

I agree.

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 05:40 PM

We've had soooo many qb's better than him ***

Todd4State
01-14-2023, 05:41 PM
Well the right thing to do would be for him to report the tampering then. Maybe he has.

Random thought I just had. Didn't Auburn just hire Tulsa's coach that was there when they did all of that dirty crap the entire game and then acted like bitches when Erroll lit up their WR on that kickoff? And then got into a fight with us that Kirk Herbstreit totally blamed on us?

Commercecomet24
01-14-2023, 05:43 PM
We've had soooo many qb's better than him ***

Yes we have a long history of record setting qbs****

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 05:52 PM
Random thought I just had. Didn't Auburn just hire Tulsa's coach that was there when they did all of that dirty crap the entire game and then acted like bitches when Erroll lit up their WR on that kickoff? And then got into a fight with us that Kirk Herbstreit totally blamed on us?

You are correct

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 06:01 PM
You are right, no way to prove it on a message board and actual numbers shouldn't be discussed anyway. But that number is so way off, it's not even funny. What you think is reasonable is not close to accurate to what real numbers are being paid.

So you're implying the barn offered Will significantly more than $100k? If so, he should take that money and run, no one would blame him.

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2023, 06:01 PM
Yes

BrunswickDawg
01-14-2023, 06:02 PM
The problem is you don't know how much continuity was preserved by hiring CZA. This may be the scenario with the least attrition possible. No way to know that, infinite possibilities. The entire defense could have left in any other scenario, I don't know and no one else does either. Can't solve for what might have happened.

But everyone thinks they are this guy and that they know the right answer:

https://media.tenor.com/yQsNz5DhO5cAAAAC/thinking-doctor-strange.gif

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2023, 06:02 PM

NCAA aint gonna do anything. They have washed their hands

Commercecomet24
01-14-2023, 06:29 PM
But everyone thinks they are this guy and that they know the right answer:

https://media.tenor.com/yQsNz5DhO5cAAAAC/thinking-doctor-strange.gif

Lol, so true! The answer to every problem is solved daily on message boards!

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 06:53 PM
So you're implying the barn offered Will significantly more than $100k? If so, he should take that money and run, no one would blame him.

Just stop. You don't know what you are talking about. Our deal with him or what Auburn offered.

yjnkdawg
01-14-2023, 07:14 PM
Lol, so true! The answer to every problem is solved daily on message boards!

We have to remember our coaches and athletics department views and uses as a guidance message board posts before making any decisions concerning our athletic programs.***** :rolleyes:

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 07:19 PM
Just stop. You don't know what you are talking about. Our deal with him or what Auburn offered.

Correct again

Commercecomet24
01-14-2023, 07:31 PM
We have to remember our coaches and athletics department views and uses as a guidance message board posts before making any decisions concerning our athletic programs.***** :rolleyes:

I'm not an sec football coach but I play one on the internet lol!

Leroy Jenkins
01-14-2023, 07:36 PM
NCAA aint gonna do anything. They have washed their hands

So just look the other way? I don't know what you are saying. At a minimum you should report it to the school. WTF is Bracky Fife not on the case.

Todd4State
01-14-2023, 07:43 PM
You are correct

Yes

Explains a lot.

MabenMaroon
01-14-2023, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;1492913]I have said this before and I will say this again- he will be one of the most underrated QB's we have ever had and our fans won't realize it until he leaves.[/QUOTE

finally some intelligent thought on this thread ,,,,

msu15
01-14-2023, 08:15 PM
Brother, Will made more than that this year as a bulldog. I don't want to reveal too much but his grandfather Mr. Billy and my Dad are very close friends.

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 08:37 PM
Brother, Will made more than that this year as a bulldog. I don't want to reveal too much but his grandfather Mr. Billy and my Dad are very close friends.

I'm not asking about how much he made from us, I'm asking about an offer from the Barn.

TUSK
01-14-2023, 08:37 PM
I remember when y'all only had to pay $150k for a D lineman.

No, that's inaccurate.

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 08:39 PM
He's is (or was) a fit for you, plus beloved by the fans, I just don't seem him getting a big offer to play in Freeze's offense.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-14-2023, 08:39 PM
Bucky, something's not adding up here.

So Will wants to be here and has actively turned down/donated our NIL money in the past. BUT, he was approached by a school and is now considering leaving State to take their NIL?

I don't get it- if he wanted money why'd he donate ours, and if he's not about the money and he wants to be a Dawg why would another schools NIL offer be tempting enough to consider?

I do not blame him if he's realized he needs to get all he can now due tto his lack of NFL prospects, and I wouldn't blame him if he didn't like the new OC. I'm not assuming or speculating anything here, I just don't see how "he's never even wanted NIL and he wants ot be here" can jive with "he's been offered NIL money to leave and is mulling it over"

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 08:50 PM
I'm not asking about how much he made from us, I'm asking about an offer from the Barn.

He made north of $100,000 for us, why does it matter what Auburn offered. You wouldn't have paid $100,000 for him anyway (you have stated it numerous times) and you have it fixed in your head that's all Auburn was offering (absolutely inaccurate). You think that's reasonable but you are so wrong and have been told by many people that you are. The portal $ numbers would make your head explode. Yes, even for Will who you think you can go to a Dollar Tree to replace him with.

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 09:13 PM
He made north of $100,000 for us, why does it matter what Auburn offered. You wouldn't have paid $100,000 for him anyway (you have stated it numerous times) and you have it fixed in your head that's all Auburn was offering (absolutely inaccurate). You think that's reasonable but you are so wrong and have been told by many people that you are. The portal $ numbers would make your head explode. Yes, even for Will who you think you can go to a Dollar Tree to replace him with.

You must be one of dumbest posters on this board. This is not about the amount of money players are getting offered. This is about a particular QB getting a larger than $100k offer for an offense he in no way fits in. In no way do I believe he is getting that offer from Auburn.

I wouldn't be as skeptical of him getting that offer from Bama cause Saban may see the value in him being a dependable back up who could probably help with play calling. We are all very familiar with Freeze's offense. An immobile QB, who can't throw deep, can't run a little bit and doesn't get the ball out quickly is not what Freeze is know for.

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2023, 09:18 PM
Bucky, something's not adding up here.

So Will wants to be here and has actively turned down/donated our NIL money in the past. BUT, he was approached by a school and is now considering leaving State to take their NIL?

I don't get it- if he wanted money why'd he donate ours, and if he's not about the money and he wants to be a Dawg why would another schools NIL offer be tempting enough to consider?

I do not blame him if he's realized he needs to get all he can now due tto his lack of NFL prospects, and I wouldn't blame him if he didn't like the new OC. I'm not assuming or speculating anything here, I just don't see how "he's never even wanted NIL and he wants ot be here" can jive with "he's been offered NIL money to leave and is mulling it over"

I never said he was mulling anything over. He has been offered by several big schools. He isnt going anywhere barring an act of God

PendingTransaction
01-14-2023, 09:27 PM
If we are having to pay current players north of $200k, we are f$$$$d

Leroy Jenkins
01-14-2023, 09:41 PM
I'm not an sec football coach but I play one on the internet lol!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

I wish I had a like button so I wouldn't have to add an unnecessary post to this thread. lol

Coach34
01-14-2023, 09:49 PM
Rogers isnt leaving. Next topic

Homedawg
01-14-2023, 09:53 PM
If we are having to pay current players north of $200k, we are f$$$$d

Just bc we aren't doesn't mean others aren't. Yet people expect us to win big

Coach34
01-14-2023, 10:05 PM
"If we are having to pay current players north of $200k, we are f$$$$d"

Why do you think I have been telling you mf'ers to donate and help us? This is college football today. Its a new Era

Commercecomet24
01-14-2023, 10:13 PM

Why do you think I have been telling you mf'ers to donate and help us? This is college football today. Its a new Era

I don't think people understand the dollars being thrown at these kids. It's ridiculous but it's the way it is now.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 10:17 PM
You must be one of dumbest posters on this board. This is not about the amount of money players are getting offered. This is about a particular QB getting a larger than $100k offer for an offense he in no way fits in. In no way do I believe he is getting that offer from Auburn.

I wouldn't be as skeptical of him getting that offer from Bama cause Saban may see the value in him being a dependable back up who could probably help with play calling. We are all very familiar with Freeze's offense. An immobile QB, who can't throw deep, can't run a little bit and doesn't get the ball out quickly is not what Freeze is know for.

What? Did you read my post? I literally started the post with He, as in Will, as in the player we have been for the last several posts. And you call me dumb? Such reading comprehension failure

Last time, Will was offered significantly more that you can comprehend or want to believe. More than we could match. This player that you want to cut so bad and can't fathom being worth more than $50,000 much less $100,000 was offered well over that. Do you understand now. I am discussing that one player who's name is Will Rogers!

Thank God he is all dawg and not like you. He actually sees value in his team and this university.

viverlibre
01-14-2023, 10:38 PM
What? Did you read my post? I literally started the post with He, as in Will, as in the player we have been for the last several posts. And you call me dumb? Such reading comprehension failure

Last time, Will was offered significantly more that you can comprehend or want to believe. More than we could match. This player that you want to cut so bad and can't fathom being worth more than $50,000 much less $100,000 was offered well over that. Do you understand now. I am discussing that one player who's name is Will Rogers!

Thank God he is all dawg and not like you. He actually sees value in his team and this university.

I don't care what you heard or that your momma's hairdresser''s niece lives across the street from Will's grandpa, Auburn is not offering him that much money, I'll assure of that. If you do truly believe that, I've got a bunch of stuff I need to sell you. Of all the QBs in college football, he'd be one of the worst fits for a Hugh Freeze offense.

Really Clark?
01-14-2023, 11:02 PM
I don't care what you heard or that your momma's hairdresser''s niece lives across the street from Will's grandpa, Auburn is not offering him that much money, I'll assure of that. If you do truly believe that, I've got a bunch of stuff I need to sell you.

Your assurance is worthless. Choose to believe what you want. Better yet up your donations to BI, because unlike you I'm getting real world numbers not fantasy.

PendingTransaction
01-14-2023, 11:30 PM
Just bc we aren't doesn't mean others aren't. Yet people expect us to win big
Oh I believe this. I'm concerned that we might not be committed enough to sustain a collective strong enough to compete, especially if we experience down seasons. My $600/year will need a lot of replication. We need a few multi-million dollar contributors.

Todd4State
01-14-2023, 11:45 PM

I really wish MSU would decrease our season ticket holder donation to the Bulldog Club in half and encourage fans to donate it instead to the Bulldog Initiative.

For me personally it's getting to the point where I may just StubHub my MSU football tickets and use what I was donating to the Bulldog Club to the Bulldog Initiative where I feel it will be more productive for MSU.

Todd4State
01-14-2023, 11:47 PM
Oh I believe this. I'm concerned that we might not be committed enough to sustain a collective strong enough to compete, especially if we experience down seasons. My $600/year will need a lot of replication. We need a few multi-million dollar contributors.

We need to get some large corporations involved- as I'm sure that is what Charlie is already doing. It's unrealistic to expect fans only to support NIL although we can make a huge difference and we should donate what we can.

DawgFromOxford
01-14-2023, 11:53 PM
We need to get some large corporations involved- as I'm sure that is what Charlie is already doing. It's unrealistic to expect fans only to support NIL although we can make a huge difference and we should donate what we can.

This is the correct answer. Business pocketbooks are always deeper than personal pocketbooks

yjnkdawg
01-15-2023, 12:23 AM
I wish posters wouldn't post about our players leaving or shopping around and posting it like it's fact when it is a just an unconfirmed rumor floating around on the message boards and then some posters go crazy and post stupid and sometimes hateful stuff about our players on message boards and other social media outlets. Some on message boards need to find other interests than trying to interpret what one of our players means by some action or post he made on social media too. Pretty pathetic in my opinion but I guess it is what is now.

Homedawg
01-15-2023, 12:46 AM

Corrcr again. On a roll my man

Homedawg
01-15-2023, 12:48 AM
I don't care what you heard or that your momma's hairdresser''s niece lives across the street from Will's grandpa, Auburn is not offering him that much money, I'll assure of that. If you do truly believe that, I've got a bunch of stuff I need to sell you. Of all the QBs in college football, he'd be one of the worst fits for a Hugh Freeze offense.

Well he said it and I'm telling you that you are wrong. But you do t want to believe it. But it's true. And it ain't coming from my mothers cousins aunt either

Homedawg
01-15-2023, 12:51 AM
I really wish MSU would decrease our season ticket holder donation to the Bulldog Club in half and encourage fans to donate it instead to the Bulldog Initiative.

For me personally it's getting to the point where I may just StubHub my MSU football tickets and use what I was donating to the Bulldog Club to the Bulldog Initiative where I feel it will be more productive for MSU.

I think we have to look at something. BUT, we still have to pay to operate. Women's sports all lose money. A shit ton. Heck, we lost boat loads when we're were GOOD at women's basketball. Then throw in track tennis etc. have to have em. Have to try to win as best we can. Have to pay for em. Its tough world. Make that a tough league.

BeardoMSU
01-15-2023, 12:51 AM

This is the correct answer. Business pocketbooks are always deeper than personal pocketbooks

This

Homedawg
01-15-2023, 12:56 AM
I wish posters wouldn't post about our players leaving or shopping around and posting it like it's fact when it is a just an unconfirmed rumor floating around on the message boards and then some posters go crazy and post stupid and sometimes hateful stuff about our players on message boards and other social media outlets. Some on message boards need to find other interests than trying to interpret what one of our players means by some action or post he made on social media too. Pretty pathetic in my opinion but I guess it is what is now.

It's gas on the fire! But it won't stop.

Homedawg
01-15-2023, 12:59 AM
This

It's true and I promise BI is reaching out to all of them. And individuals of those pay dearly as well. But the Corp itself can't pay for. Irving. They have to have a roi to give. The individual just has to love our institution, as you do, to pay. And as I said many are. Just need more. And I'm not the guy to tell someone how to spend their money.

Todd4State
01-15-2023, 01:46 AM
I think we have to look at something. BUT, we still have to pay to operate. Women's sports all lose money. A shit ton. Heck, we lost boat loads when we're were GOOD at women's basketball. Then throw in track tennis etc. have to have em. Have to try to win as best we can. Have to pay for em. Its tough world. Make that a tough league.

Yeah. That's the catch.

My hope is we buy better players with NIL and that hopefully leads to more success which leads to more people donating.

Sounds good on paper anyway.

TheLostDawg
01-15-2023, 09:51 AM
It's true and I promise BI is reaching out to all of them. And individuals of those pay dearly as well. But the Corp itself can't pay for. Irving. They have to have a roi to give. The individual just has to love our institution, as you do, to pay. And as I said many are. Just need more. And I'm not the guy to tell someone how to spend their money.

Wouldn't you get a tax write off since you technically aren't getting anything back?
If so I don't think companies necessarily need a roi, or at least not one that is significant. Of course they'd have to be a bulldog fan to want to send there money to the BI instead of somewhere else.

Todd4State
01-15-2023, 10:55 AM
Wouldn't you get a tax write off since you technically aren't getting anything back?
If so I don't think companies necessarily need a roi, or at least not one that is significant. Of course they'd have to be a bulldog fan to want to send their money to the BI instead of somewhere else.

The ROI for corporations is the advertising they get from it.