PDA

View Full Version : Let?s face it: we haven?t made football a priority like UMiss

Mathiston
01-13-2023, 06:41 PM
It makes me sick, but prove me wrong.

Now they just signed Walker Howard. Where are all the naysayers now? We would have killed to have him.

UMiss goes out and hires an elite coordinator from Alabama.
We hire an offensive coordinator from a group of 5 school.
We steal away a coach from Memphis (lol)
UMiss outbids us for our most explosive player in the final hour.

tribaldawg
01-13-2023, 06:45 PM

You are 100% correct and should come out of the closet and make your jump to OM known. Well, on second thought, you are a joke. Prove me wrong. Are you 12?

Leroy Jenkins
01-13-2023, 06:49 PM

When will the scoreboard matter?

Mathiston
01-13-2023, 06:49 PM
You are 100% correct and should come out of the closet and make your jump to OM known. Well, on second thought, you are a joke. Prove me wrong. Are you 12?
Lashing out won?t change reality

Mathiston
01-13-2023, 07:00 PM
When will the scoreboard matter?
That was last year. That was last f*cking year.

SmokeyDawg
01-13-2023, 07:09 PM

You believe their perception is reality.

msstate7
01-13-2023, 07:12 PM
I have a hard time seeing OM take a cood from bama unless said cood knew he was on the way out.

DownwardDawg
01-13-2023, 07:12 PM

Lol. The Bama fanbase is celebrating the "loss" of that elite coordinator. One of the worst Bama defenses in a while. But carry on.

Commercecomet24
01-13-2023, 07:20 PM
Lol. The Bama fanbase is celebrating the "loss" of that elite coordinator. One of the worst Bama defenses in a while. But carry on.

Yep. And it's amazing how the last week has brought out new posters and posters who haven't been on here in months and in some cases years. Things that make you go hmmm.

Tater
01-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Golding is mid. Same as Bill O Brien.

This is such a dumb thread.

Ole Miss has lost 5 of their last 6 games including the Egg Bowl. They hired a dud of a coordinator and you melt down?

This smells like an ole miss troll.

Commercecomet24
01-13-2023, 07:23 PM

Ole Miss has lost 5 of their last 6 games including the Egg Bowl. They hired a dud of a coordinator and you melt down?

Rep!

DEDawg
01-13-2023, 07:24 PM

this is a really dumb reply when OP is right. it might work out better for us because karma is a real thing, but any objective viewer can see ole miss has really pushed their commitment to the program. that's not to say we haven't either, but it feels like they're doing more.

DownwardDawg
01-13-2023, 07:25 PM
Yep. And it's amazing how the last week has brought out new posters and posters who haven't been on here in months and in some cases years. Things that make you go hmmm.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

Mathiston

That was last f*cking year

DownwardDawg
this is a really dumb reply when OP is right. it might work out better for us because karma is a real thing, but any objective viewer can see ole miss has really pushed their commitment to the program. that's not to say we haven't either, but it feels like they're doing more.

Ed Zachery!!!

DownwardDawg
01-13-2023, 07:28 PM

Today is last year? They hired that "fired" coordinator today. And so far they haven't won a single game this 17'n year.

Leroy Jenkins
01-13-2023, 07:41 PM
I see the new guys aren't used to OM "winning" the off-season media game. Same song, same verse. Bless their hearts.

TUSK
01-13-2023, 08:06 PM

no.

Commercecomet24
01-13-2023, 08:09 PM
no.

I've never heard ANY bama fan mention Golding and elite in the same sentence lol

MetEdDawg
01-13-2023, 08:12 PM

This has to be a joke right? You have to be a troll because you can't seriously believe Ole Miss took a coordinator from Bama.

I could argue some other points that OM prioritizes football over us, but this is not an example of one.

msu15
01-13-2023, 08:13 PM

You're correct except on Golding. Have you not watched Bama recently? NOBODY chooses to go from Bama to Ole Miss for the same position. He was told to leave lol.

tribaldawg
01-13-2023, 08:17 PM
Lashing out won?t change reality

Oh now you are concerned with reality.

tribaldawg
01-13-2023, 08:18 PM
Thank you for your word said Kamala.

tribaldawg
01-13-2023, 08:20 PM
Every?freaking?year! A new off-season and a new bunch.

DEDawg
01-13-2023, 08:23 PM
Every?freaking?year! A new off-season and a new bunch.

dude you have 23 posts.... and like a quarter of them are from this thread

Cowbell
01-13-2023, 08:31 PM
Somebody delete this thread so bearshark lurkers will quit getting a hard on

Bothrops
01-13-2023, 08:42 PM
Ole Miss definitely has a large group of alums that love to be flashy and spend money in order to look less like Mississippi and more like elsewhere. MSU, on the other hand values the Mississippi mindset of struggle and bad fortune as if there's some kind of righteousness and reward for it. That's why the cultures are so different.

DEDawg
01-13-2023, 08:48 PM
Ole Miss definitely has a large group of alums that love to be flashy and spend money in order to look less like Mississippi and more like elsewhere. MSU, on the other hand values the Mississippi mindset of struggle and bad fortune as if there's some kind of righteousness and reward for it. That's why the cultures are so different.

This is so insanely spot on. Nailed it

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2023, 09:26 PM
Here we go again

BulldogDX55
01-13-2023, 09:33 PM

What a ****ing snowflake.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-13-2023, 10:12 PM
Golding is bad. $2m for him is a massive overpay and hey could have done better for that money.

HOWEVER, they still paid more than we offered Briles, our #1 OC choice. And that's while they're paying $6m more to the HC. it is a fact that from a $$$ perspective they are supporting the program more than us.

You gotta think that at some point more $$$ = more wins. That's usually the trend, with A&M proving it's not the rule

yjnkdawg
01-13-2023, 10:27 PM

OM didn't steal Bama's DC. If you believe that then I have some ocean front property in Colorado I will sell you really cheap. Heck if you believe any of what you said I'll sell you that property cheap. "group of 5 school"? Exactly what that OM run Footballscoop site said. Hmmm!! Other than somebody associated with OM it would be called a G5 school. Where's the Enforcer when you need him?

sack07
01-13-2023, 10:40 PM
What does this say about Bama? They are replacing this ?elite? coordinator with a G5 coordinator (Southern Miss, no less).

TUSK
01-13-2023, 10:52 PM
What does this say about Bama? They are replacing this ?elite? coordinator with a G5 coordinator (Southern Miss, no less).

I'm uncertain Armstrong will be DC (Bammer has another opening on the D side), there are whispers that Coach Asparagus may get some rehabbing in TitleTown...

DownwardDawg
01-13-2023, 10:53 PM

I sometimes fish with a guide in south Louisiana. It's funny hearing him talk about the difference in State and ole miss fans. He says the ole miss guys show up dressed up like they're gonna play golf or go to church. They bring yeti's slam full of beer. Every one of them. No gear. Yetis with beer and food.
The State guys all show up with their own rod n reel, maybe a small lunch bag, and dressed to fish. He knows when the State guys show up it's gonna be a good day of fishing. He says when the ole miss guys show up he's baby sitting from the minute he makes them leave their expensive yeti's in the truck. They get pissed to start but they bring the beer in his ice chest and get hammered.

TUSK
01-13-2023, 11:21 PM
I sometimes fish with a guide in south Louisiana. It's funny hearing him talk about the difference in State and ole miss fans. He says the ole miss guys show up dressed up like they're gonna play golf or go to church. They bring yeti's slam full of beer. Every one of them. No gear. Yetis with beer and food.
The State guys all show up with their own rod n reel, maybe a small lunch bag, and dressed to fish. He knows when the State guys show up it's gonna be a good day of fishing. He says when the ole miss guys show up he's baby sitting from the minute he makes them leave their expensive yeti's in the truck. They get pissed to start but they bring the beer in his ice chest and get hammered.

What's your guide-buddy say about his Bammer clients that show up with shine, some icky, a faraday bag with SAT phones, GPS gear... Oh, and one of these?:

tribaldawg
01-13-2023, 11:58 PM
dude you have 23 posts.... and like a quarter of them are from this thread

Are you collecting points to pay for a cruise? Let me know how that works out for you. Learn by example. Read more?post less. You and the board can thank me later.

Bothrops
01-14-2023, 12:02 AM

This is hilarious and so true to form!

Bdawg
01-14-2023, 12:02 AM

And I?m going to enjoy the hell out of it for a full ?f*cking? year too!!! As should you

Commercecomet24
01-14-2023, 12:13 AM

Man if this ain't the truth!

Commercecomet24
And I?m going to enjoy the hell out of it for a full ?f*cking? year too!!! As should you

Great post!

DownwardDawg
What's your guide-buddy say about his Bammer clients that show up with shine, some icky, a faraday bag with SAT phones, GPS gear... Oh, and one of these?:

Haha!!

Bdawg
01-14-2023, 12:14 AM

Gunna be drunk, high and still have a good day of fishing????

DownwardDawg
01-14-2023, 12:15 AM
Man if this ain't the truth!

To this day he says he can't believe how different we are , and being from the same state!!!

Commercecomet24
01-14-2023, 12:28 AM
To this day he says he can't believe how different we are , and being from the same state!!!

Yeah we're not even remotely similar. It is crazy!

Dawgology
01-14-2023, 12:31 AM

LMFAO!!!! Golding is NOT an elite DC. That Bama defense was piss poor this year with that level of talent. Ole Miss defense will be worse next year than they were this year with that clown running defense. Hahahaha. No one and I mean NO ONE on the Bama side of this is sad to see that guy go. He?s the reason they didn?t make it to the playoffs.

Todd4State
01-14-2023, 02:23 AM

We absolutely should put more into football than we do. No disagreement there.

The biggest issue is overcoming the athletic department LT mindset- which is why I like hiring Selmon. He comes from a legit football family so you know he is going to put emphasis on it.

To go along with that we have to stop thinking about focusing on finding coaches to outscheme everyone else and start focusing more on recruiting.

Tater
01-14-2023, 07:24 AM

They literally hired golding today (yesterday) and that is what you were concerned about?

There's a very simple rule to understand whether or not a Bama Coordinator is good.
Is his next job a HC job? If yes, good. If no, bad. Very very simple. Name the last person who didn't follow this rule.

And as an actual State fan unlike you, between the two schools I go by most recent Egg Bowl. I celebrate that shit 365 days a year. "Last year" was 2021 Egg Bowl. That's reality. That Egg gets to stay in Starkville. And we hired the guy who derailed mr. lane train's fun ride to be HC.

I'll continue to celebrate. You continue to be miserable being an Ole Miss troll and having to wallow about not having the Egg. 9 million dollars and not even 9 wins.

Cooterpoot
01-14-2023, 08:18 AM

Take your dripping ass c u n t back to the OM board and discuss your drunk ass DC who AL was replacing. And if you think Tulu is the most explosive player on offense, you haven't watched State at all. By the way, Kiffin hired a G5 OC too. Loser ass sack of shit whose team lost to State this year and has 20+ kids in the portal.

Pancho
01-14-2023, 08:26 AM
Take your dripping ass c u n t back to the OM board and discuss your drunk ass DC who AL was replacing. And if you think Tulu is the most explosive player on offense, you haven't watched State at all. By the way, Kiffin hired a G5 OC too. Loser ass sack of shit whose team lost to State this year and has 20+ kids in the portal.

Can this Mathiston c u n t explain why Golding had been talking to the shart/bear folks since last september?

starkvegasdawg
01-14-2023, 08:31 AM

And this ****ing year they'll do the exact same thing.

MrCoachKlein
01-14-2023, 08:34 AM

Go hang out with the only cop in mathiston at that stop sign by the 15 mph speed limit sign

msudawg1200
01-14-2023, 09:46 AM

Golding is nowhere near elite. If he was Saban would never let him go, nor would he want to go to freaking Ole Miss. Ole Miss OC came from a G5 school. Who has Ole Miss outbid us for. Everytime we have a player hit the portal it's "muh Bearz are givin him money". How many have we had ever transfer there from the portal? Heath is it, and boy did we miss him. Go cheer for the losers in Oxford if you want.

Thick
01-14-2023, 10:11 AM

^^^^THIS^^^^

AlSwearengen
01-14-2023, 10:18 AM
9 million to Lane for losing what, 4 of the last 5? 2 million to a DC that saban encouraged to leave AND has a DUI problem?

When the melt comes, it will be epic.

MedDawg
01-14-2023, 03:57 PM

It was two weeks ago.

Lord McBuckethead
01-14-2023, 09:50 PM
Those were Michael Crabtrees catches, that was last f***ing year.

Mathiston
01-19-2023, 01:08 PM
Those were Michael Crabtrees catches, that was last f***ing year.

Yep, at least someone got it.

PikeDawg15
01-19-2023, 01:26 PM
Idk if any of you have noticed but with arnett, he is putting a big emphasis on recruiting. That?s why we hired bumphis and will friend and others. He talks about the importance of recruiting every time he has a press conference or talks to the media

It shows with the defensive talent he is bringing in. He is bringing in really good defensive recruits and transfers year in and year out

But our offense is not bringing in that talent .

If we can fix the offense then I really really believe Arnett will be successful here.

I will admit I still do wish we would have hired Kendal briles instead of barbay.

Kylesandi338
01-19-2023, 01:32 PM
UM lost 5 of the last 6 games included the Egg Bowl and they gave their coach a RAISE to over 9 million a year. A coach that is more worried about twitter wars than actually coaching up talent. They hired a Offensive coordinator that was going to be fired and mediocre at best, and now spent majority of their NIL money on 3 QB's and only one can play. They are having one of the biggest Portal exodus in the country, their defense is a joke and has so many holes that swiss cheese cant event compete with it. You cant even make this fairy tale up!! Things seem very blissful in Oxford.

StarkVegasSteve
01-19-2023, 01:40 PM
The OP is correct that they take football more seriously. However, none of the reasons he put forth are even remotely correct and one of them completely factually wrong. Golding did not leave Bama for OM, Saban has been trying to help him find another gig for two years. Barbay is a solid hire. Yes he is from the G5, but they just hired Charlie Weis JR last year, from a G5. Stealing a coach from Memphis is also incorrect since there was nothing signed at Memphis nor was anything ever announced. And it is a position coach. G5 is where you get most position coaches. Then there is the Tulu part which is flat out incorrect.

Now OM is more invested in football than us, but it is because they have committed boosters who are all rowing in the same direction. No one wants their own ego stroked over the success of the program. We have mid level boosters who would rather have inside info so they can feel important than giving what it takes to win and getting the hell out of the way.

Ari Gold
01-19-2023, 04:54 PM
The OP is correct that they take football more seriously. However, none of the reasons he put forth are even remotely correct and one of them completely factually wrong. Golding did not leave Bama for OM, Saban has been trying to help him find another gig for two years. Barbay is a solid hire. Yes he is from the G5, but they just hired Charlie Weis JR last year, from a G5. Stealing a coach from Memphis is also incorrect since there was nothing signed at Memphis nor was anything ever announced. And it is a position coach. G5 is where you get most position coaches. Then there is the Tulu part which is flat out incorrect.

Now OM is more invested in football than us, but it is because they have committed boosters who are all rowing in the same direction. No one wants their own ego stroked over the success of the program. We have mid level boosters who would rather have inside info so they can feel important than giving what it takes to win and getting the hell out of the way.

Most of this is correct except for the part ....No one wants their own ego stroked ... they live for their egos being stroked or stroking their own egos...

StarkVegasSteve
01-19-2023, 05:01 PM
Most of this is correct except for the part ....No one wants their own ego stroked ... they live for their egos being stroked or stroking their own egos...

Yea I should've phrased that better. Ole Miss makes sure to make it seem like their stroking the egos of all their boosters. They really only give a crap about the David Nutt's, Jerry Hollingsworth's, and Dickie Scruggs of the UMAA

Liverpooldawg
01-19-2023, 05:57 PM

Tell me what you are paying for Kiffin again?

lastmajordog
01-19-2023, 08:37 PM
I have a hard time seeing OM take a cood from bama unless said cood knew he was on the way out.

When I first saw this I thought it was “Coed"...!!!!!!! glasses needed!!!!!!!

w

CaptainObvious
01-19-2023, 09:34 PM
Looks to me like the money we spend on either basketball program could be better used towards football. Watching our men or our women shoot a basketball is like having all you teeth pulled at once and a set of wooden ones implanted.

BiscuitEater
01-19-2023, 10:13 PM

How 'many' have they won this year?

Pancho
01-20-2023, 07:38 AM
How 'many' have they won this year?

9 mil is a bit excessive for averaging 7.5 wins annually

Leeshouldveflanked
01-20-2023, 07:46 AM
9 mil is a bit excessive for averaging 7.5 wins annually
Dan Mullen could be making bank at Ole Miss!

Pancho
01-20-2023, 07:55 AM
Had lunch in oxfart yesterday and folks were looking at the 23 schedule and discussing how deep their QB room is etc and Kiffin flying around in a jet as if others don't I asked one guy what happens if the sharts lose @ Tulane in game 2 as he gazed at the schedule on his phone. He never responded........

Cooterpoot
01-20-2023, 08:50 AM
We're never going to get away from our "ho hum, country ass, laid back, Natty Liight attitude" toward football. We waste our money in so many ways. We're a damn microcosm of Mississippi.

SPDawgs
01-20-2023, 09:14 AM
Kiffin will always make the big splash with his flashy transfer portal pick ups. IMO it does not matter much who your QB is if he does not have time to throw the ball to his big portal WR's. I think that Kiffin still has to realize that the O-Line makes or breaks a team no matter the system ran or the skill players you have.