PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on coaching....

Westdawg
11-29-2013, 12:21 AM
I love this win, and don't want to take away from it. But I have a couple thoughts about coaching

1 - Mullen must find a Special Teams assistant for this staff. This one area has cost the team dearly the past couple years , and is getting worse each year. Fix this and we might actually win a few more

2 - pay Geoff Collins about $1 mill. And I am dead serious. This group has improved each week. And pay all defensive assistants much more.

3 - I don't care what some of you think, Hevesy is one heckuva coach. Yes, there was pressure tonight but they have done tremendous this year

4 - repeat # 1. Can't say it enough.

5 - great job by this staff to hold this young group together and get better as the season wore on.

joben3
11-29-2013, 12:23 AM
damn right, do you think Georgia feels a little stupid grabbing Wilson? Hail State!

Coach34
11-29-2013, 12:26 AM
I love this win, and don't want to take away from it. But I have a couple thoughts about coaching

1 - Mullen must find a Special Teams assistant for this staff. This one area has cost the team dearly the past couple years , and is getting worse each year. Fix this and we might actually win a few more

Are we sure he doesnt have other coaches working ST already? I'm not saying they dont need to improve- they do. But it looks like from watching the games that other coaches are involved also. Maybe we do need a ST coordinator- I certainly wouldnt complain

Westdawg
11-29-2013, 12:27 AM
I will say the we have arguably one of the top 3 d- line coaches in conference. And Collins looks to be a dang good LB Coach and DC

MetEdDawg
11-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Turner is on a one year contract. That needs to change before midnight. That group of guys has a ceiling next year we may not even realize. Our defense could be championship caliber next year. They are gonna be a nasty group of guys.