01-12-2023, 05:38 PM
Dabo making a change

PikeDawg15
01-12-2023, 06:00 PM
I?m tired of being Poor

msstate7
01-12-2023, 06:12 PM
I?m tired of being Poor

Don't think it's money. I'm sure we or tcu could pay him big. Clemson is just a big time program now

EdwardDrayton
01-12-2023, 07:43 PM
He's been in therapy since the NC game. She told him to go where he'll never have to face Georgia or be in the NC game again.

Homedawg
01-12-2023, 07:47 PM
Don't think it's money. I'm sure we or tcu could pay him big. Clemson is just a big time program now

This guy gets it. We've never ever lost a guy bc of money.
Correction, in the modern sec network era.
Now we've lost a ton of players bc of it. Only gonna be more

Lord McBuckethead
01-12-2023, 07:50 PM
Well that is not exactly correct. If we were to offer Saban 1 Billion dollars in 2012 we would have Saban and 4 National Championships over the last decade. So yeah, not directly due to money, but to say we couldn’t have bought whatever we want if we had real money sitting around is not exactly true.

TUSK
01-12-2023, 08:46 PM
Well that is not exactly correct. If we were to offer Saban 1 Billion dollars in 2012 we would have Saban and 4 National Championships over the last decade. So yeah, not directly due to money, but to say we couldn?t have bought whatever we want if we had real money sitting around is not exactly true.

No way MDL woulda taken that kinda pay cut....

MrCoachKlein
01-12-2023, 09:11 PM
You'd also have to come up with another 100MM for the players

Cooterpoot
01-13-2023, 11:47 AM
I'm not nearly as high on Riley as some. If his brother wasn't a known name, nobody would care. He's not some experienced big time guy. Sonny Dykes ran that show.

smootness
01-13-2023, 12:00 PM
Well that is not exactly correct. If we were to offer Saban 1 Billion dollars in 2012 we would have Saban and 4 National Championships over the last decade. So yeah, not directly due to money, but to say we couldn?t have bought whatever we want if we had real money sitting around is not exactly true.

'We haven't lost anyone due to money' means that no one went somewhere else simply because of money. Of course we could technically pay an amount that someone couldn't turn down, but that's not the same thing.

If you're offered two jobs of equal, or at least similar, pay, and you make your decision to go with one because of a better chance of career advancement, you can't say, 'Well I would have picked the other job if they had doubled the offer' and say it was because of money. You picked your job because of a better career outlook, not because of money.

I could say I didn't take another job because they didn't offer me $1 million/year or immediate retirement or 30 weeks/year off or any ridiculous list that would have made me take that job, but it would be absurd for me to list those as the reasons I made my decision. Because that's true of any job anywhere.

Desoto1967
01-13-2023, 12:16 PM
SECRANT post says Briles to TCU

StarkVegasSteve
01-13-2023, 12:48 PM
TCU has the money the outbid Arkansas. They'll overpay. They've tasted that success and now they'll do whatever it takes to stay at that level.

PikeDawg15
01-13-2023, 12:56 PM
TCU has the money the outbid Arkansas. They'll overpay. They've tasted that success and now they'll do whatever it takes to stay at that level.
That is very very very shocking

What kind of donors does tcu have? They have about a quarter of the Alumni that an average sec school does and hell

Arkansas has Jerry jones and WALMART money

If I?m him I?m leaving completely based on Arkansas being a sinking ship with Sam pittman trying to fix the holes in the ship with duct tape.

StarkVegasSteve
01-13-2023, 01:16 PM
That is very very very shocking

What kind of donors does tcu have? They have about a quarter of the Alumni that an average sec school does and hell

Arkansas has Jerry jones and WALMART money

If I?m him I?m leaving completely based on Arkansas being a sinking ship with Sam pittman trying to fix the holes in the ship with duct tape.

TCU has oil money on top of DFW money. For example, when TCU redid their stadium like 10 years ago they had 6 families who donated almost $100 million between them. It would take us 60-70 families to get to that point. Their biggest booster is a guy named Fin Ewing, who owns hundreds of car dealerships out here in the DFW area. He's worth like 750 million by himself.