PDA

View Full Version : Just in time

mparkerfd20
01-12-2023, 09:25 AM
to screw us good with a philosophy change.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-council-votes-to-limit-eligibility-for-second-time-transfers-to-curb-ballooning-portal-usage/

mparkerfd20
01-12-2023, 09:31 AM
This is for 2nd time transfers. So actually this is a good thing if you're going to allow transfers at all.

Extendedcab
01-12-2023, 10:12 AM
Oh boy there are holes in that language I could drive a 18-wheeler through. Part of the text is as follows:

"First, a player can receive immediate eligibility if they have a physical injury or mental health condition that pushed them to transfer from a school."

The Athlete:

I am mentally stressed by my coach and I can not go on in this environment. I need to transfer.
I am mentally stressed by my team mates and I can not go on in this environment. I need to transfer.
I am mentally stressed by my girlfriend and I can not go on in this environment. I need to transfer.
I am mentally stressed by my professor and I can not go on in this environment. I need to transfer.
I am mentally stressed because they don't offer the major I really want to major in and I am mentally stressed and I can not go on in this environment. I need to transfer.
I am mentally stressed by severe weather and I can not go on in this environment. I need to transfer.

You get the idea - I don't think they did much to limit transfers!

It is all talk!!

BlackSailsDawg
01-12-2023, 10:17 AM
Oh boy there are holes in that language I could drive a 18-wheeler through. Part of the text is as follows:

"First, a player can receive immediate eligibility if they have a physical injury or mental health condition that pushed them to transfer from a school."

The Athlete:

I am mentally stressed by my coach and I can not go on in this environment. I need to transfer.
I am mentally stressed by my team mates and I can not go on in this environment. I need to transfer.
I am mentally stressed by my girlfriend and I can not go on in this environment. I need to transfer.
I am mentally stressed by my professor and I can not go on in this environment. I need to transfer.
I am mentally stressed because they don't offer the major I really want to major in and I am mentally stressed and I can not go on in this environment. I need to transfer.
I am mentally stressed by severe weather and I can not go on in this environment. I need to transfer.

You get the idea - I don't think they did much to limit transfers!

It is all talk!!

Yep. All talk and full of loop holes.