PDA

View Full Version : Need to be careful

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2023, 06:45 PM
Here is my 2 cents take it for what it?s worth to you

The new AD is the Oklahoma dude.

The rest of the SEC is not waiting on us to hire a OC. We have needs on offense. The portal closes soon. We are not getting any offensive transfers (we need them) right now bc they don?t know what we are going to run. It is past time. If we are going to use a TE/H (we need to) we are going to have to get 2 or 3 from the portal. We very now are going to have a TE coach with no TEs on the roster. Doesnt make much sense.

Other schools are offering our kids money. Serious money. Im not going to name names but its some kids that we really need and some kids that have done nothing but right by us and even turned down money so other kids would stay with us. And yes those other schools are you think they are and are offering that money thru some folks that love to tell others how to act and what to do with their time. We need to pull the trigger on a OC soon in my opinion.

Turner is great, I am ok with Friend. Bumphis is a legend. But these are all types of coaches we have tried to win big with before and it didnt work out. You are not going to beat Bama by trying to out name them on your staff. Basically we are doing the exact opposite of what Leach did with the staff. Hiring based on being a name and not on loyalty or what you personally believe or value. Leach was a dinosaur in some ways that we needed to change, but his culture and his values are why people loved him and We do not need to lose that in my opinion. I love Arnett seems like a great dude and he coached hard. We will see how it goes.

Dawgface
01-11-2023, 06:53 PM
What the frig is taking so long on hiring an OC? Is Arnett having to run this by the Cigar boys for approval?

bobcat91
01-11-2023, 06:53 PM
Too late. Arnett showed the staff how loyal he is by firing most of them. And anyone who doesn't think the OC search is an abject failure to this point is a maroon suck up. He is off to an awful start. No offensive direction, 3 of the 4 qb on campus walked, and no OC for us to bring in transfers at this point.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2023, 06:54 PM
Im not here to bash Arnett. Or cause a panic. I like Arnett I am just giving my 2 cents like I posted. We needed to change the offense a little bit. We dont need to change the most important parts

Leroy Jenkins
01-11-2023, 06:54 PM

The rest of the SEC is not waiting on us to hire a OC. We have needs on offense. The portal closes soon. We are not getting any offensive transfers (we need them) right now bc they don?t know what we are going to run. It is past time. If we are going to use a TE/H (we need to) we are going to have to get 2 or 3 from the portal. We very now are going to have a TE coach with no TEs on the roster. Doesnt make much sense.

Other schools are offering our kids money. Serious money. Im not going to name names but its some kids that we really need and some kids that have done nothing but right by us and even turned down money so other kids would stay with us. And yes those other schools are you think they are and are offering that money thru some folks that love to tell others how to act and what to do with their time. We need to pull the trigger on a OC soon in my opinion.

Turner is great, I am ok with Friend. Bumphis is a legend. But these are all types of coaches we have tried to win big with before and it didnt work out. You are not going to beat Bama by trying to out name them on your staff. Basically we are doing the exact opposite of what Leach did with the staff. Hiring based on being a name and not on loyalty or what you personally believe or value. Leach was a dinosaur in some ways that we needed to change, but his culture and his values are why people loved him and We do not need to lose that in my opinion. I love Arnett seems like a great dude and he coached hard. We will see how it goes.

Man, I see it as completely opposite. We are not hiring big names, we are hiring MS guys.
Now, if they happen to be big names, and MS guys, then its a win-win.

Tough Dawg
01-11-2023, 06:56 PM
R.E.L.A.X.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 06:58 PM
1. Portal opens back up after spring ball. We're not finding any more impact players this late in the juncture. I do agree with you on TEs. We're going to have to grab one after spring ball or move Harmon because WE ARE NOT MOVING ROBINSON TO TE. I know you didn't say it, but I want to cut that off before someone mentions it.

2. Other schools offering our guys money is going to happen 365 days a year now. Just like I know we're putting those same feelers out to kids. Everyone is doing it so you have to accept that. Agree on needing an OC hire ASAP. It's taking far too long and shows Arnett's inexperience in the big chair.

3. Turner is meh, Friend is a decent hire, and I have no clue why we brought back Bumphis. At least Friend and Turner have experience and recruiting connections in the area. None are upgrades over their predecessors though. It will be paramount to keep Washington and hire an OC with Texas connections. We can't lose that pipeline. We've already lost Louisiana and some of Georgia. We can't lose Texas as well.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2023, 06:58 PM
Man, I see it as completely opposite. We are not hiring big names, we are hiring MS guys.

All those guys are ?SEC crooter? types if that makes sense. Its just been done before. I hope they all do well. Turner is a great coach. We upgraded there. I like the owning the State part of it too but im just saying its never good to break up a family. Im not trying to be overly negative

Leeshouldveflanked
01-11-2023, 06:59 PM
Cohen put us in a bind and we are way behind and that was before he left.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2023, 07:01 PM

Keenum should have hired an AD 2 months ago.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 07:03 PM
I expect a hire tomorrow. Could run into Friday I guess... We are actively recruiting te's present. They will be a part of the offense. Like every other offense in America. Yes we've had our own guys offered good deals from others. So far bullets dodged.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2023, 07:03 PM
R.E.L.A.X.

Im not panicking. Im going to wake up tomorrow and be ok. But Some things are happening as you type that to our kids

Leroy Jenkins
01-11-2023, 07:05 PM
1. Portal opens back up after spring ball. We're not finding any more impact players this late in the juncture. I do agree with you on TEs. We're going to have to grab one after spring ball or move Harmon because WE ARE NOT MOVING ROBINSON TO TE. I know you didn't say it, but I want to cut that off before someone mentions it.

2. Other schools offering our guys money is going to happen 365 days a year now. Just like I know we're putting those same feelers out to kids. Everyone is doing it so you have to accept that. Agree on needing an OC hire ASAP. It's taking far too long and shows Arnett's inexperience in the big chair.

3. Turner is meh, Friend is a decent hire, and I have no clue why we brought back Bumphis. At least Friend and Turner have experience and recruiting connections in the area. None are upgrades over their predecessors though. It will be paramount to keep Washington and hire an OC with Texas connections. We can't lose that pipeline. We've already lost Louisiana and some of Georgia. We can't lose Texas as well.

Your disdain for Bumphis is well known, who would you have hired?
Both our WR coaches went to be OC's, it's not like we ran them out of town, we just weren't going to promote them.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-11-2023, 07:05 PM
Keenum should have hired an AD 2 months ago.
^^^^This^^^^ but Keenum is just a Government Bureaucrat.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2023, 07:06 PM
We need WRs. We will be right back to when we raised hell about not having any under Mullen. We have 2 right now that are reliable game to game. We need more than just TE.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2023, 07:08 PM
We need WRs. We will be right back to when we raised hell about not having any under Mullen. We have 2 right now that are reliable game to game. We need more than just TE.

Seems like we have 1 outside guy and 8 slot guys. And we are going to 1 slot.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2023, 07:10 PM

I think we are close to 100 percent agreement.

Harmon ain?t moving he will jump in the portal if we ask.

I bring up the money part bc right now we are just giving kids reasons to listen to offers. Nobody is waiting on us.

I like Turner bc I know enough of his former players that swear by him. I dont know enough about Friend other than he has been around. It makes sense to hire Bump but I am with you we should not have ran off Hollingshead. Or Miller. I hate it.

Yall are gonna freak and this is my opinion, im not sure Arnett is calling all these shots

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2023, 07:12 PM
Seems like we have 1 outside guy and 8 slot guys. And we are going to 1 slot.

And we have 2 guys that left that are proven consistent players and are tough. That is a problem

Saltydog
01-11-2023, 07:13 PM
Problem is Arnett's experience or lack thereof. You never put all your eggs in one basket.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2023, 07:14 PM
I expect a hire tomorrow. Could run into Friday I guess... We are actively recruiting te's present. They will be a part of the offense. Like every other offense in America. Yes we've had our own guys offered good deals from others. So far bullets dodged.

Except for Locke, Robertson, Dillon Johnson, Rara....

Also lost on the LT we thought we had. A kicker. A replacement for DJ- Smoke, and multiple WR targets.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 07:14 PM

I know we need more than te. Need qb's too. It's not like our pool is going to be great anyway. No matter when we went after them. Meaning qb and wr. We have a ton of wr coming back. And a 3 year starter at qb. Which obviously you know.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 07:16 PM

Also lost on the LT we thought we had. A kicker. A replacement for DJ- Smoke, and multiple WR targets.

The two qb we're gonna bale no matter. I was referring to bullets dodged w players that are still here. And there are no nervous ones.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2023, 07:17 PM
I know we need more than te. Need qb's too. It's not like our pool is going to be great anyway. No matter when we went after them. Meaning qb and wr. We have a ton of wr coming back. And a 3 year starter at qb. Which obviously you know.

I know we have bodies. We need players. We need a dawg on the outside. Polk was reliable that disappeared

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 07:18 PM
Your disdain for Bumphis is well known, who would you have hired?
Both our WR coaches went to be OC's, it's not like we ran them out of town, we just weren't going to promote them.

There's plenty of people we could've hire. Daikiel Shorts at Houston, Kodi Burns who's with the Saints but was with Tennessee last year, Luke Huard or Dennis Simmons at USC, DJ Mangas who helped architect that offense at LSU with Joe Brady, Ricky Turner at Samford.......or and this is wild......we could've let the OC bring in who he wanted to.

And look, Bumphis may end up being ok. But he has no recruiting ties anywhere the Southeast and he's coached receivers in a run first spread. Our receiver room is as talented as it's ever been right now. I worry about bringing in some guy who doesn't have either strong recruiting ties to an area or a track record of developing guys to be NFL prospects.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2023, 07:20 PM
There's plenty of people we could've hire. Daikiel Shorts at Houston, Kodi Burns who's with the Saints but was with Tennessee last year, Luke Huard or Dennis Simmons at USC, DJ Mangas who helped architect that offense at LSU with Joe Brady, Ricky Turner at Samford.......or and this is wild......we could've let the OC bring in who he wanted to.

I would love to know what we offered Briles. We could have offered 2 million and probably closed the deal. In MSU fashion, we probably tried to get him for 1.5 or less.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2023, 07:21 PM
I would love to know what we offered Briles. We could have offered 2 million and probably closed the deal. In MSU fashion, we probably tried to get him for 1.5 or less.

It wasn?t enough to to convince his wife

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 07:21 PM

We need to find a way to get into the Walker Howard sweepstakes and the crazy thing is.....we have a pretty damn big in

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 07:22 PM

1.85. We would've gone to 2 if that's what he asked for.

Homedawg
I think we are close to 100 percent agreement.

Harmon ain?t moving he will jump in the portal if we ask.

I bring up the money part bc right now we are just giving kids reasons to listen to offers. Nobody is waiting on us.

I like Turner bc I know enough of his former players that swear by him. I dont know enough about Friend other than he has been around. It makes sense to hire Bump but I am with you we should not have ran off Hollingshead. Or Miller. I hate it.

Yall are gonna freak and this is my opinion, im not sure Arnett is calling all these shots

Arnett is calling the shots. Brad is just there to help things. But this is z A's deal.

HoopsDawg
It wasn?t enough to to convince his wife

hadn't heard that rumor.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 07:23 PM
We need to find a way to get into the Walker Howard sweepstakes and the crazy thing is.....we have a pretty damn big in

We don't have 1/10th of the money needed for Howard.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2023, 07:23 PM
1.85. We would've gone to 2 if that's what he asked for.

we offered 1.85? Damn, can't complain about that.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 07:25 PM
We don't have 1/10th of the money needed for Howard.

Walker Howard is a Howard....as in Howard Industries. As in started by MSU Alum Billy Howard. We got all the money we need. He's probably headed to a blue blood, but make no mistake that we could get in this thing if there was interest on his part.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 07:33 PM
Walker Howard is a Howard....as in Howard Industries. As in started by MSU Alum Billy Howard. We got all the money we need. He's probably headed to a blue blood, but make no mistake that we could get in this thing if there was interest on his part.

So the Howard's gonna pony up to over own money for him to come here??? Like I said, we don't have enough money to get in the game. And as you said- he doesn't want to be here so there's that.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2023, 07:36 PM

Yeah he is a Howard but that side of the family and the jones county Howard's ain't that close. I know the Howard's well and Jamie(Walkers dad)wasn't going to State and neither is Walker.

ETA it would be awesome to get him but just don't see anyway it's happening.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 07:38 PM
Yeah he is a Howard but that side of the family and the jones county Howard's ain't that close. I know the Howard's well and Jamie(Walkers dad)wasn't going to State and neither is Walker.

They're not THAT close. I know the Jones Co. Howard's all very well and they do know that side of the family and interact with them. It would be hard to pull but I know they'd love to have a Howard under center for State. They're a great family and are 100% ALL DAWG. Mr. Billy has done loads for the University on multiple occasions through the years.

Turfdawg67
01-11-2023, 07:39 PM

Geez, how many years will your obsession last. Get over it already. You do the same shit over at SPS.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2023, 07:43 PM
They're not THAT close. I know the Jones Co. Howard's all very well and they do know that side of the family and interact with them. It would be hard to pull but I know they'd love to have a Howard under center for State. They're a great family and are 100% ALL DAWG. Mr. Billy has done loads for the University on multiple occasions through the years.

Yes I agree with that and I've known Billy and Linda a long, long time, my brother in law dated Cindy for awhile, and while they interact there's been some division there that goes back awhile. It would be a great get but it's pie in the sky. Yes they're a great family that gives to State and to all our Jones county schools

Leeshouldveflanked
01-11-2023, 08:36 PM
Geez, how many years will your obsession last. Get over it already. You do the same shit over at SPS.
It?s amazing how our NIL doubled within a few weeks of Cohen leaving.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 08:51 PM
Too late. Arnett showed the staff how loyal he is by firing most of them. And anyone who doesn't think the OC search is an abject failure to this point is a maroon suck up. He is off to an awful start. No offensive direction, 3 of the 4 qb on campus walked, and no OC for us to bring in transfers at this point.

Our offense has sucked against anyone worth a shit and Arnett saw it up close and personal. He’s trying to fix that side of the ball, because it’s broken.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 08:54 PM

Our receivers had the lowest drop rate in the conference. What we need is a quarterback, as much as you don’t want to admit it.

Turfdawg67
01-11-2023, 08:54 PM
It?s amazing how our NIL doubled within a few weeks of Cohen leaving.

Lol...

�� Let it go! Let it go! �� - Some princess from Frozen

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 08:56 PM
Our receivers had the lowest drop rate in the conference. What we need is a quarterback, as much as you don’t want to admit it.

We need both. But we don't need to take guys at those positions just to have a body. We need to take guys we believe can come in and contribute.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 09:00 PM
We need both. But we don't need to take guys at those positions just to have a body. We need to take guys we believe can come in and contribute.

We have a quarterback that would be playing at an extremely mediocre P5 program or higher level G5 program if he left Mississippi State. We need a quarterback that is good enough to play in this league a lot more than we need anything else on offense. It’s painfully obvious.

Saltydog
01-11-2023, 09:00 PM
Our offense has sucked against anyone worth a shit and Arnett saw it up close and personal. He?s trying to fix that side of the ball, because it?s broken.

Yeah but fixing it didn't necessarily mean you had to burn it to the ground. I think most here would agree that a few tweaks would've prolly been sufficient.

Goldendawg
01-11-2023, 09:04 PM

Who have we signed from Texas lately that has been a starter or impact player since Ross many moons ago?

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 09:04 PM
We have a quarterback that would be playing at an extremely mediocre P5 program or higher level G5 program if he left Mississippi State. We need a quarterback that is good enough to play in this league a lot more than we need anything else on offense. It’s painfully obvious.

Well he has another team much bigger than that, that wants him sooo...

Jarius
01-11-2023, 09:08 PM

Cool. Good luck to him. He hasn’t been playing well here at all.

Cowbell
01-11-2023, 09:09 PM

I can confirm this as well. As much as some on here hate the idea of another year of Will, there are sec and other power 5 programs that would take him today.

Cowbell
01-11-2023, 09:10 PM
Cool. Good luck to him. He hasn’t been playing well here at all.

Agree with you 100% on the offence. But that's a stretch.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 09:11 PM

I'm not that out on Will. I do believe we need to bring in competition, but quality competition. If you could somehow get in the game with Sanders at OSU that would be perfect. It would allow Parson to sit for a year and then get ready. If we bring in a young guy then we risk losing him and Will. Outside of Sanders though there's not really anyone in the portal now that is enticing. Whatever happens at Bama with Ty Simpson will be worth monitoring, although I doubt Saban is dumb enough to name a starter in the spring and risk one of them transferring. I'd also monitor what happens at Georgia with Stockton and Vandagriff as well as at Miami and Tennessee

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 09:12 PM
I can confirm this as well. As much as some on here hate the idea of another year of Will, there are sec and other power 5 programs that would take him today.

And we would be left with NOTHING if he left. We would be starting a not fully healthy TRUE FRESHMAN who has no backup. I don't like our odds in that situation.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 09:13 PM
Agree with you 100% on the offence. But that's a stretch.

It’s not a stretch. He was awful in 6 conference games and awful in the bowl game. Not sure what you watched when we played LSU, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Illinois but he was really bad in all of those games and we won 3 of them in spite of his play.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 09:13 PM
And we would be left with NOTHING if he left. We would be starting a not fully healthy TRUE FRESHMAN who has no backup. I don't like our odds in that situation.

Or we would go to the portal like literally everyone else does.

Turfdawg67
01-11-2023, 09:17 PM

Obviously next year isn't the time to start a brand new QB when we are close to a great season, but Will was a true freshman when he first started. Why can't Parson?

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 09:20 PM
Who have we signed from Texas lately that has been a starter or impact player since Ross many moons ago?

Well Jalen Green started for the last two years. Marcus Banks, who will probably start for us next year is originally from Texas. Hunter Washington is from Texas. Hell, Chris Parson is originally from Texas.

But we need to recruit as many players from the state of Texas as possible. They're 10x the football state MS is. We need to stop falling in love with 2 stars from D'Iberville because it worked a couple of times. There's 5x as many that didn't. Go recruit Duncanville, Southlake, Westlake, Katy, South Oak Cliff, North Shore. Because here's the thing, start a pipeline and you'll have eyes on your program from these schools so that when their next 5 star comes along, which happens almost every year, you may have an in. You've got to be in the game to play it.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 09:20 PM

And do you see anyone in the portal at the moment that is markedly better than Will? I don't. And again, I'm all for bringing in someone to push Will and maybe take the job, but let's don't bring in someone just to say we did and risk pissing off Will, Parson, or both.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 09:21 PM
Obviously next year isn't the time to start a brand new QB when we are close to a great season, but Will was a true freshman when he first started. Why can't Parson?

Because Will HAD to start. Costello wasn't right in the head after Bama. He got his bell rung and was never right again.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 09:26 PM
And do you see anyone in the portal at the moment that is markedly better than Will? I don't. And again, I'm all for bringing in someone to push Will and maybe take the job, but let's don't bring in someone just to say we did and risk pissing off Will, Parson, or both.

There are people SEC schools can convince to get in the portal if they want to. It would take very little time to find someone of equal talent to replace our quarterback. There is also going to be another wave of portal players in a few months. Again, did you guys watch us offensively? We were really bad against any defense that was not atrocious. The idea that him leaving would be catastrophic to us is just hilarious. What are we gonna do? Go from scoring 14 ppg against anyone with a pulse to 12 ppg? I mean dang. Arnett is sick of having to field an 85 bears defense to win against anyone with a pulse.

Cowbell
01-11-2023, 09:29 PM
Well Jalen Green started for the last two years. Marcus Banks, who will probably start for us next year is originally from Texas. Hunter Washington is from Texas. Hell, Chris Parson is originally from Texas.

But we need to recruit as many players from the state of Texas as possible. They're 10x the football state MS is. We need to stop falling in love with 2 stars from D'Iberville because it worked a couple of times. There's 5x as many that didn't. Go recruit Duncanville, Southlake, Westlake, Katy, South Oak Cliff, North Shore. Because here's the thing, start a pipeline and you'll have eyes on your program from these schools so that when their next 5 star comes along, which happens almost every year, you may have an in. You've got to be in the game to play it.

You are wrong here. X100. Texas puts out a lot of players because they are a huge state. Across the board, however, they are soft compared to players from small schools in the southeast. TX high school football has nothing on MS football other than money to build big stadiums and indoor practice facilities.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 09:31 PM
There are people SEC schools can convince to get in the portal if they want to. It would take very little time to find someone of equal talent to replace our quarterback. Again, did you guys watch us offensively? We were really bad against any defense that was not atrocious.

I did. And as I said, I'm not against bringing in a transfer to push Will and maybe take the job. But out of the guys that are starting in the SEC at the moment how many starters could you convince to jump on board? 1? 2 maybe? And out of the backups who would really want that you would be able to get? I mean as I stated earlier we need to monitor what goes on at Bama and UGA but I don't want Kinkead Dent if he gets in the portal or Max Brown from Florida.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 09:32 PM

What are we gonna get in the portal ? You tell me?

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 09:33 PM
Cool. Good luck to him. He hasn?t been playing well here at all.

So you want to have no qb. Brilliant. No clue of how it works clearly. Better pray he doesn't leave.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 09:35 PM

For who?? And are you gonna pony up the money to pay for him?? Our money isn't endless buddy.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 09:35 PM
So you want to have no qb. Brilliant. No clue of how it works clearly. Better pray he doesn't leave.

Yes Homedog, if Will Rogers left we would play with no quarterback. That’s how we would go into the season. Probably put Tulu or maybe just let Bumphis apply for an extra year of eligibility. Literally no one would want to play quarterback at an SEC school if Will left. Let’s please pray that he doesn’t. I don’t know if I can take a year without his outstanding play.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 09:37 PM
There are people SEC schools can convince to get in the portal if they want to. It would take very little time to find someone of equal talent to replace our quarterback. There is also going to be another wave of portal players in a few months. Again, did you guys watch us offensively? We were really bad against any defense that was not atrocious. The idea that him leaving would be catastrophic to us is just hilarious. What are we gonna do? Go from scoring 14 ppg against anyone with a pulse to 12 ppg? I mean dang. Arnett is sick of having to field an 85 bears defense to win against anyone with a pulse.

Good thing you aren't in charge or we would be running it every down next year bc we would have Tyson Lee as our qb.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 09:38 PM
Yes Homedog, if Will Rogers left we would play with no quarterback. That’s how we would go into the season. Probably put Tulu or maybe just let Bumphis apply for an extra year of eligibility. Literally no one would want to play quarterback at an SEC school if Will left. Let’s please pray that he doesn’t. I don’t know if I can take a year without his outstanding play.

Sure there would people that want to play. But doesn't mean there are guys that want to play here that are better than will. That's a huge assumption w a huge risk.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 09:39 PM
Sure there would people that want to play. But doesn't mean there are guys that want to play here that are better than will. That's a huge assumption w a huge risk.

I have seen our quarterback play. It isn’t a huge risk. He isn’t good.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 09:40 PM
You are wrong here. X100. Texas puts out a lot of players because they are a huge state. Across the board, however, they are soft compared to players from small schools in the southeast. TX high school football has nothing on MS football other than money to build big stadiums and indoor practice facilities.

And better talent. Katy would've beaten any team in MS by 4 TDs this year. And they didn't make the state championship. The state of Mississippi is not very good. We've produced some good talent over the years, but it's isolated. The state of TX had 6 five stars and 63 four stars this year. The state of Mississippi had 0 five stars and 6 four stars. I don't give a rats ass about "tough". Get me guys who can produce. For every Jeffrey Simmons this state has produced we've produced 10 Lee Autry's. And I'll go a step further, I don't mind you getting defensive players from this state, because we have an ok hit rate there. But our hit rate at skill positions on offense is abysmal.

msstate7
01-11-2023, 09:40 PM
I'm beginning to think jarius doesn't think will is any good haha

Jarius
01-11-2023, 09:41 PM
Good thing you aren't in charge or we would be running it every down next year bc we would have Tyson Lee as our qb.

I doubt that would have resulted in poorer offensive outcomes than what I watched against most conference teams we played this year.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 09:44 PM
I'm beginning to think jarius doesn't think will is any good haha

It is just annoying that because a couple of people who have a couple of connections to the program they think that actually makes them knowledgeable about the game of football. No, it just means you know people. Anyone who watched Will rogers play football this year and is scared to death of him leaving can’t be reasoned with.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 09:47 PM
It is just annoying that because a couple of people who have a couple of connections to the program they think that actually makes them knowledgeable about the game of football. No, it just means you know people. Anyone who watched Will rogers play football this year and is scared to death of him leaving can’t be reasoned with.

I'm not a Will lover. But I know it could be way worse. And your way makes it possible it's way worse. Way way worse. And again if will leaves we have one qb and he's a tr fr. And before you say portal one more time, who are we getting?? Go

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 09:51 PM
I'm not a Will lover. But I know it could be way worse. And your way makes it possible it's way worse. Way way worse. And again if will leaves we have one qb and he's a tr fr. And before you say portal one more time, who are we getting?? Go

Some have made up their mind that it can't be any worse. I'm convinced those people never watched our all Americans Mike Hening, Tyson Lee, Aeris Nelson, or Kyle York take snaps at Davis Wade. I, unfortunately, had the pleasure of watching every one of those QBs take multiple snaps at Davis Wade Stadium.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 09:53 PM
Some have made up their mind that it can't be any worse. I'm convinced those people never watched our all Americans Mike Hening, Tyson Lee, Aeris Nelson, or Kyle York take snaps at Davis Wade. I, unfortunately, had the pleasure of watching every one of those QBs take multiple snaps at Davis Wade Stadium.
Correct. Heck I think everyone would like for someone to come challenge Will. If he wins the job great. But there aren't a lot of those guys we can get.... and to think it can't be worse is just plain stupid.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 09:54 PM

It can’t be way way worse against anyone worth a crap. I need to see who our OC is going to be before I answer that question. Is it possible that guy can get his former qb to follow him to state? What type of offense are we going to run? Who is going to be in the portal post spring? Who can we back channel that would not cost too much. If we had to do it we could do it. We aren’t going into next season with Will and a true freshman anyway. We will find someone in the portal no matter what. The question is who is going to be available when the smoke clears.

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 09:56 PM

When the transfer portal is closed, we will spend a spring not having the players needed for the new system if we take a hard turn from air raid. This is turning into what is always has been. And inexperienced coach being made a HC before he was ready to take on the job. I may eat my words tomorrow or Friday. But as of now, it appears that way.

A whole sale change of this offense and hiring late is going to hurt us next year.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 09:57 PM
Correct. Heck I think everyone would like for someone to come challenge Will. If he wins the job great. But there aren't a lot of those guys we can get.... and to think it can't be worse is just plain stupid.

EXACTLY. I would be willing to wager that 90% of our fanbase would love for someone to come and challenge Will and maybe even win the job. But most of that 90% also knows it could be fall off a cliff worse. You don't replace a two year starter unless you know you're going to upgrade. You can't take uncalculated risks in the SEC. We're already taking a risk with a first time HC, a first time OC(out of all likelihood), and a first time DC. We don't need our QB to be taking his first collegiate snaps on Sept. 2nd.

msstate7
01-11-2023, 09:59 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed we gets Johns at OC, and he brings his qb (Riley Leonard from fairhope Al). Doubtful, at best, i know

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 10:00 PM
It can’t be way way worse against anyone worth a crap. I need to see who our OC is going to be before I answer that question. Is it possible that guy can get his former qb to follow him to state? What type of offense are we going to run? Who is going to be in the portal post spring? Who can we back channel that would not cost too much. If we had to do it we could do it. We aren’t going into next season with Will and a true freshman anyway. We will find someone in the portal no matter what. The question is who is going to be available when the smoke clears.

You must've missed the 2008 Egg Bowl where we didn't cross the 50. Or 3-2. Or any game in 2020 season where we couldn't score. I promise it can be worse against teams worth a crap. I've seen it. 59-21 in Knoxville in 03. Yea, that was fun. and 21 of that 21 was against their 3rd string. They opened the game up 52-0

Jarius

The years of State recruiting at a level on par with CUSA schools are over. We aren’t going to run an offense from 1987. We aren’t going to field an offense where 80 % of them had offers from us and directional Louisiana.

BlackSailsDawg

But he is hiring them for a purpose that others have attempted. He wants to own the state in recruiting.

Who here actually thinks that if Bama wants a kid from Mississippi they won't get him? When has that really been the norm? I like hiring guys who get the job done in training up the players. That's not to say theses hires won't be able to.

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 10:03 PM

And we are going to have some walk if we move to a system that reduces their touches.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 10:03 PM
The years of State recruiting at a level on par with CUSA schools are over. We aren’t going to run an offense from 1987. We aren’t going to field an offense where 80 % of them had offers from us and directional Louisiana.

That's true. But this is about the portal. I ask again who are you u going to get us??

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 10:04 PM

Ok you have these great ideas that there's someone out there, so who is it?

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 10:05 PM
Cool. Good luck to him. He hasn?t been playing well here at all.

BS

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 10:05 PM
And we are going to have some walk if we move to a system that reduces their touches.

Whatever system we go to reduces their touches. Nobody runs the true air raid and flings it 75-% of the time. Leach was the last guy.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 10:06 PM
He has no answer and has no clue what a qb in the portal costs.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 10:06 PM
Ok you have these great ideas that there's someone out there, so who is it?

I have already answered that.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 10:07 PM

I have answered it. You chose not to read it. You want an answer to a question that isn’t even finished yet, smartass.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 10:08 PM
BS

Please go on and tell me about how well he has been playing. Please. Go game by game and tell me which ones he played like an SEC quarterback should play against SEC competition. Show them to me.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 10:09 PM
I have answered it. You chose not to read it. You want an answer to a question that isn’t even finished yet, smartass.

I missed it who?? And I'm asking a question to what you are proposing. Therefore you need an answer.

Really Clark?
01-11-2023, 10:10 PM

Yeah, what's Sanders price up to now?

msstate7
01-11-2023, 10:10 PM
It's impossible to guess who might be interested without an OC in place. If it's an air raid guy, no one would want to take on will. If it's an OC that is moving to a dual threat, who knows?

Jarius
01-11-2023, 10:12 PM
I missed it who?? And I'm asking a question to what you are proposing. Therefore you need an answer.

I wrote a paragraph on this exact question you asked on page 4 of this thread. I’m not writing it out again. Go back and read it. Or don’t. I’m not answering it again Just because you refuse to read what I’ve already said.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 10:12 PM

He didn't. Because he doesn't have an answer. "Will bad" is his only answer and when you ask why or who we could bring in? "Will bad"

662dawg
01-11-2023, 10:13 PM
It's impossible to guess who might be interested without an OC in place. If it's an air raid guy, no one would want to take on will. If it's an OC that is moving to a dual threat, who knows?

Another board is reporting that Nagle was interviewed in Charlotte & looks to be a serious candidate 🤷

It's definitely not going to be Johns

Cowbell
And better talent. Katy would've beaten any team in MS by 4 TDs this year. And they didn't make the state championship. The state of Mississippi is not very good. We've produced some good talent over the years, but it's isolated. The state of TX had 6 five stars and 63 four stars this year. The state of Mississippi had 0 five stars and 6 four stars. I don't give a rats ass about "tough". Get me guys who can produce. For every Jeffrey Simmons this state has produced we've produced 10 Lee Autry's. And I'll go a step further, I don't mind you getting defensive players from this state, because we have an ok hit rate there. But our hit rate at skill positions on offense is abysmal.

https://www.on3.com/news/southern-states-dominate-in-producing-most-nfl-draft-picks-per-capita/

Tell me where Texas ranks per Capita? And look at poor ol missippi....#2

And Katy high school has 3300 students to pick from. Please tell me how many schools are that size in the state of Mississippi. You aren't comparing apples to apples. I live here so I'm not speaking out of my rear...

BlackSailsDawg
Whatever system we go to reduces their touches. Nobody runs the true air raid and flings it 75-% of the time. Leach was the last guy.

No Home D. There is a difference in moving to a system where we run it 40% of the time and that reduces it. Then there is moving it to a run 55% of the time. That reduces it more. Then there is a change in offenses where an OC does not rotate.

There are many air raid systems that uses a TE and different wrinkles and run it more that still uses more WRs than say a mullen offense.

TCU is a run first air raid. They still had 10 receivers in double digits. we had 11. (I included RBs in both)

Jarius

Thanks…..pretty simple. We need to know what our offense is going to be like first. If it’s going to require a dual threat quarterback to work then obviously there aren’t many choices in the portal that would not be better than what we currently have on the roster. If it’s not then that is different. This guy wants an answer on who our quarterback should be without us even knowing what offense we are running. I think that we could probably eke out enough portal money to steal Malik Hornsby from Texas State if we go to a system that is going to require us to have a true mobile quarterback. I don’t know though. I will have to check with moneybags homedog first to check our exact bankroll.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 10:16 PM
https://www.on3.com/news/southern-states-dominate-in-producing-most-nfl-draft-picks-per-capita/

Tell me where Texas ranks per Capita? And look at poor ol missippi....#2

Ok guys we only need to recruit MS. That Dak Prescott dude sucked. He was from Louisiana. And Chris Parson sucks too cause he's from TN and original from Texas. But that Jake Weir is a grinder cause he's from Tupelo. And we need to drop Seth Davis cause he's from Texas and go sign the running back from Jackson Prep cause he's "tough"

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 10:16 PM
Please go on and tell me about how well he has been playing. Please. Go game by game and tell me which ones he played like an SEC quarterback should play against SEC competition. Show them to me.

3,974 yards 68.0% 35 Td passes to only 8 Ints.

msstate7
01-11-2023, 10:17 PM
Another board is reporting that Nagle was interviewed in Charlotte & looks to be a serious candidate 🤷

It's definitely not going to be Johns

Is tulane's style his type of offense or was it the OC's? Not sure you or anyone knows this, but it would be nice to know the vision he's selling

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 10:19 PM
I wrote a paragraph on this exact question you asked on page 4 of this thread. I?m not writing it out again. Go back and read it. Or don?t. I?m not answering it again Just because you refuse to read what I?ve already said.

You never answered the "who in the portal". All I saw on page 4 was a plan of action that included going to the portal POST spring. That's not a decent plan at all.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 10:20 PM
Thanks?..pretty simple. We need to know what our offense is going to be like first. If it?s going to require a dual threat quarterback to work then obviously there aren?t many choices in the portal that would not be better than what we currently have on the roster. If it?s not then that is different. This guy wants an answer on who our quarterback should be without us even knowing what offense we are running. I think that we could probably eke out enough portal money to steal Malik Hornsby from Texas State if we go to a system that is going to require us to have a true mobile quarterback. I don?t k ow though. I will have to check with moneybags homedog first to check our exact bankroll.

Malik Hornsby....good lord man. You really don't know football. Wow, I was at least expecting like Sam Huard or Hank Bachmeir. Or maybe that you'd throw in a solid backup like Jake Garcia at Miami. But Malik Hornsby??? Weren't you the one who just said we don't have to recruit like a CUSA but you want to go recruit a guy who transferred to the Sun Belt?? Come on man

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 10:22 PM
Is tulane's style his type of offense or was it the OC's? Not sure you or anyone knows this, but it would be nice to know the vision he's selling

That's always going to be Willie's offense, but he'll definitely require more QB runs in his offense. But it can't be Nick Fitzgerald or Malik Hornsby back there at QB either. Our best bet is trying to convince a guy like a Jake Garcia or a Bubba Chandler at Clemson that they can come in and compete for the job and maybe win it. Or maybe a guy like Miller Moss at USC who's kind of been buried on the depth chart and they've kind of shifted offensive philosophies.

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 10:22 PM
Thanks?..pretty simple. We need to know what our offense is going to be like first. If it?s going to require a dual threat quarterback to work then obviously there aren?t many choices in the portal that would not be better than what we currently have on the roster. If it?s not then that is different. This guy wants an answer on who our quarterback should be without us even knowing what offense we are running. I think that we could probably eke out enough portal money to steal Malik Hornsby from Texas State if we go to a system that is going to require us to have a true mobile quarterback. I don?t know though. I will have to check with moneybags homedog first to check our exact bankroll.

Yeah I don't want to go back to having Dual Threat system where the QB can't complete 50% of his passes. That's was the rule more than the Dak exception.

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 10:24 PM
Malik Hornsby....good lord man. You really don't know football. Wow, I was at least expecting like Sam Huard or Hank Bachmeir. Or maybe that you'd throw in a solid backup like Jake Garcia at Miami. But Malik Hornsby??? Weren't you the one who just said we don't have to recruit like a CUSA but you want to go recruit a guy who transferred to the Sun Belt?? Come on man

Holy Cow!!! Malik?? He's a 48% passer! YES LET'S ROLL WITH THIS GUY!

Jarius
01-11-2023, 10:25 PM
3,974 yards 68.0% 35 Td passes to only 8 Ints.

I want you to tell me which games he played well in during sec play, specifically. I think he played well against Arkansas (the worst defense in the conference) and Texas A&M. I think he was awful against every other conference team and the bowl game. That?s 7 awful games in my mind. That?s over half the season. Now, show me where I?m wrong. Not with a cumulative stat. Show me with a game by game stat where I?m wrong.

662dawg
01-11-2023, 10:25 PM

Nagle was the play caller.

Bdawg
01-11-2023, 10:27 PM
Guys, we are in uncharted waters with the death of a coach and no AD. Arnett is doing his due diligence I hope because this OC hire is important. If we hired a OC right after KB turned us down just to hurry up and get one hired, it would be a mistake. CZA has had a pile of shit thrown on his plate and hasn’t even had a chance to catch his breath since being named HC. And to rush the OC hire just to try to get transfers is a mistake imo. Would have been great to nail the KB hire and move right into the transfer market, but they didn’t happen. Just get the hire right!! It seems he’s made some respectable hires already, so I’ll just wait and see how it turns out.
And this talk about not caring if Will leaves is terrible. Our QB room is thin as cat shit right now. We don’t need to lose anyone. I’m not a huge Will fan but tweaking the offense to include a running game could only help Will imo. At least the DL can’t just pin their ears back every play trying to sack the QB. They will at least have to respect the run more. Hopefully running more helps our passing game and Will too. All our wins came when our running attempts were higher.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 10:27 PM

I said it depends on which offense we run. If we run an offense that requires a quarterback to run the football Malik Hornsby would beat the breaks off of Will Rogers every single time. He isn’t the only option. The kid from ULM that transferred to north Texas would be a great option. The kid from Oregon State that is visiting Indiana this week would be an option. The offense we run will determine what we need at quarterback.

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 10:28 PM
That's always going to be Willie's offense, but he'll definitely require more QB runs in his offense. But it can't be Nick Fitzgerald or Malik Hornsby back there at QB either.

Well it's being reported that he interviewed with Arnett, Friend, and Peterson and that he is more than in the running.

To me, that's some messed up crap.

A guy who called plays 1 year?

You bring in 2 offensive guys that would work for him to help interview him?

Mess up IMO

msstate7
01-11-2023, 10:29 PM
Maybe as a co-OC?

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Well it's being reported that he interviewed with Arnett, Friend, and Peterson and that he is more than in the running.

To me, that's some messed up crap.

A guy who called plays 1 year?

You bring in 2 offensive guys that would work for him to help interview him?

Mess up IMO

Yea it's probably gonna be him. The other thing I see being a possibility is we're gonna name him Co-OC/RGC/TE Coach and bring in Arnett's buddy Ryan Lindley and have him be Co-OC/PGC/QB Coach

Jarius
01-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Holy Cow!!! Malik?? He's a 48% passer! YES LET'S ROLL WITH THIS GUY!

If we run an offense that requires mobility, Hornsby would be much better than what we are going to trot out there with Will Rogers. If we run some sort of modified air raid, that obviously won’t be the case. This should not be a hard concept to grasp.

662dawg
01-11-2023, 10:32 PM
Maybe as a co-OC?

And TE coach. I can't see us hiring him as the play caller though.

msstate7
01-11-2023, 10:32 PM
Nagle was the play caller.

Right, but was he calling plays in his offense?

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 10:33 PM
I want you to tell me which games he played well in during sec play, specifically. I think he played well against Arkansas (the worst defense in the conference) and Texas A&M. I think he was awful against every other conference team and the bowl game. That’s 7 awful games in my mind. ThTs over half the season. Now, show me where I’m wrong. Not with a cumulative stat. Show me with a game by game stat where I’m wrong.

Let's see.. 9 wins. LOl.. ok.

Just pulling a couple of games up. 69.25% vs Ole Miss.

71% vs Auburn

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 10:34 PM
Right, but was he calling plays in his offense?

No. That is Willie Fritz's offense. He may have been calling plays, but he's calling it out of Fritz's playbook.

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 10:36 PM
Guys, we are in uncharted waters with the death of a coach and no AD. Arnett is doing his due diligence I hope because this OC hire is important. If we hired a OC right after KB turned us down just to hurry up and get one hired, it would be a mistake. CZA has had a pile of shit thrown on his plate and hasn’t even had a chance to catch his breath since being named HC. And to rush the OC hire just to try to get transfers is a mistake imo. Would have been great to nail the KB hire and move right into the transfer market, but they didn’t happen. Just get the hire right!! It seems he’s made some respectable hires already, so I’ll just wait and see how it turns out.
And this talk about not caring if Will leaves is terrible. Our QB room is thin as cat shit right now. We don’t need to lose anyone. I’m not a huge Will fan but tweaking the offense to include a running game could only help Will imo. At least the DL can’t just pin their ears back every play trying to sack the QB. They will at least have to respect the run more. Hopefully running more helps our passing game and Will too. All our wins came when our running attempts were higher.

At this point, I do not think he is doing his dd. I think he is in over his head. I don't think he was ready for this position. I hope he proves me wrong and I eat crow.

Jarius
01-11-2023, 10:36 PM
Let's see.. 9 wins. LOl.. ok.

Just pulling a couple of games up. 69.25% vs Ole Miss.

71% vs Auburn

Holy shit. Ole Miss?! Did you watch us play ole miss? He had 3 awful turnovers and should have had 4. Same for the auburn game. Holy hell. Try looking at something besides completion %. I can’t believe you typed out ole miss and auburn. Lord have mercy.

msstate7
01-11-2023, 10:38 PM
No. That is Willie Fritz's offense. He may have been calling plays, but he's calling it out of Fritz's playbook.

So anyone know anything about his background? Wondering if he's a fritz disciple or just on staff

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 10:38 PM
If we run an offense that requires mobility, Hornsby would be much better than what we are going to trot out there with Will Rogers. If we run some sort of modified air raid, that obviously won’t be the case. This should not be a hard concept to grasp.

Not today, tomorrow or next year. The guy can not throw and complete passes. Will can run certain running plays.

Homedawg
01-11-2023, 10:43 PM
I said it depends on which offense we run. If we run an offense that requires a quarterback to run the football Malik Hornsby would beat the breaks off of Will Rogers every single time. He isn?t the only option. The kid from ULM that transferred to north Texas would be a great option. The kid from Oregon State that is visiting Indiana this week would be an option. The offense we run will determine what we need at quarterback.

Except then they wouldn't have to defend the pass then. 8 in the box instead of drop 8

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 10:44 PM
So anyone know anything about his background? Wondering if he's a fritz disciple or just on staff

On staff. Looks to be a guy with deep Louisiana ties. Was at Mcneese State before Tulane and has also been on staff at LSU for a year and a couple of years at Northwestern State. Originally from Lake Charles. Had mostly coached RBs and Special Teams until Tulane.

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 10:44 PM

Slade Nagle is in his seventh season as the tight ends coach for the Green Wave in 2022.

Nagle made the tight end group a consistent target in the passing game in 2021, while also playing a key role in blocking for Tulane's rushing game.

Prior to Tulane, Nagle served as the running backs coach and special teams coordinator for the past four seasons at his alma mater, McNeese State, and helped the team to a combined record of 33-13 including a pair of 10-win seasons and two Football Championships Subdivision (FCS) playoff appearances.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/staff-directory/slade-nagle/200

If that is our OC... I'm at a loss

BlackSailsDawg
01-11-2023, 10:48 PM
btw, he's a great TE coach! One of the best.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 11:01 PM
Guys....I'm beginning to think Arnett is in WAY OVER HIS HEAD.

Bdawg
01-11-2023, 11:07 PM
At this point, I do not think he is doing his dd. I think he is in over his head. I don't think he was ready for this position. I hope he proves me wrong and I eat crow.

I hope you’re wrong to, but he did get a bowl win, held the class together and added, and has made pretty good hires from I can tell so far. He likes one major hire( almost had KB) and hasn’t rushed it. I’m just worried not too many experienced OCs are interested in us!!! Arnett can’t make them like us. Hope he finds the best out there that will come. But so far, he doesn’t seems over his head to me.

Bdawg
01-11-2023, 11:12 PM

We won’t really know till we see the product in the field. Does anyone know what Arnett wants the O to look like?

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 11:15 PM
We won’t really know till we see the product in the field. Does anyone know what Arnett wants the O to look like?

It seems like he wants to run more of what Dan ran or Briles ran. Which operates best when you have a TRUE dual threat. A guy who can throw and run. More Cade Klubnik than Nick Fitzgerald.

Coach34
01-11-2023, 11:17 PM

Everything ZA has done to this point has been on point.

Top half SEC Defense? Yes
Restored order after Leach’s death? Yes
Held recruiting class together? Yes
Won bowl game? Yes
Making quality staff hires? Yes

Hard to knock him for Briles staying put. Can’t punish a guy for not making a lateral move in conference.

ZA is winning right now. Excited about the future. He hasn’t hired an OC on your time frame? **** you and your time frame. All will be judged with what happens this Fall

Dawgface
01-11-2023, 11:19 PM
Same here. Hopefully he ends up being a genius.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 11:20 PM
Same here. Hopefully he ends up being a genius.

I hope the same thing. And maybe he'll pull a rabbit out of the hat with the OC hire.

msstate7
01-11-2023, 11:21 PM
If we bringing in the Willie fritz offense, nagle better bring in Michael Pratt with him or get spencer sanders. Poor will would die running that offense

SPMT
01-11-2023, 11:37 PM

Restored order after Leach?s death? Yes
Won bowl game? Yes

Hard to knock him for Briles staying put. Can?t punish a guy for not making a lateral move in conference.

ZA is winning right now. Excited about the future. He hasn?t hired an OC on your time frame? **** you and your time frame. All will be judged with what happens this Fall

One of your best posts.

Bdawg
01-11-2023, 11:39 PM

Won bowl game? Yes

Hard to knock him for Briles staying put. Can’t punish a guy for not making a lateral move in conference.

ZA is winning right now. Excited about the future. He hasn’t hired an OC on your time frame? **** you and your time frame. All will be judged with what happens this Fall

Basically everything I said earlier. I can’t point to a failure yet by CZA. More important to get the OC hire right than rush it, and we still won’t know till fall.

SPMT
01-11-2023, 11:39 PM
Unless Cam Newton, Bryce Young, Hooker, Tua, etc. walks through that door, Will starts.

It?s ridiculous to think otherwise.

662dawg
01-11-2023, 11:49 PM

Willie Fritz is a defensive guy. He's always let an offense coordinator handle the offense.

Commercecomet24
01-12-2023, 12:00 AM

Won bowl game? Yes

Yes sir!

Lord McBuckethead
01-12-2023, 12:01 AM
R.E.L.A.X.

Exactly. Half of all transfers happen after spring practice. Second, we will hire an OC when it clicks for what Arnett wants to do.

Get the AD in place tomorrow and let?s get to stockpiling money.

Lord McBuckethead
01-12-2023, 12:04 AM
Holy shit. Ole Miss?! Did you watch us play ole miss? He had 3 awful turnovers and should have had 4. Same for the auburn game. Holy hell. Try looking at something besides completion %. I can’t believe you typed out ole miss and auburn. Lord have mercy.

He literally picked out 2 of the 3 worst performances in wins for Will?s career. The 3rd being the bowl game.

EdwardDrayton
01-12-2023, 12:05 AM
Not today, tomorrow or next year. The guy can not throw and complete passes. Will can run certain running plays.

You have a broad definition of the word 'run'.

Todd4State
01-12-2023, 12:17 AM
We won?t really know till we see the product in the field. Does anyone know what Arnett wants the O to look like?

I'm not sure if Arnett knows.

What it looks like to me is our boosters swooped in and brought back their buddies ASAP after Leach passed away.

Unfortunately we didn't have an AD in place to stop this from happening and start a proper coaching search which probably could have gotten us Western Kentucky's staff. Which is what we absolutely should have done if we were going to blow everything up anyway.

Instead we as fans get to enjoy a complete rebuild on offense again- who knows if it will even halfway fit our personnel but knowing MSU it won't but hey! That's no problem because we can always just blame Will.

Instead we have gotten a lot of misleading statements at best from MSU about continuity and how we aren't going far away from the Air Raid while everything else is being blown up in the meantime. All the while the guys we ran off of our staff have basically almost immediately been hired as coordinators while we're still searching and hoping this guy from Tulane isn't a shitshow and has about the same amount of experience as the guys we ran off. But hey! We got Bumphis!** And don't think that the coaching community hasn't noticed how we've treated Leach's staff who just won 9 games. That's likely part of the reason why we've had trouble hiring an OC- on top of everyone's friend having a position making it more difficult for real OC's to bring in their staff.

All in all I see this working out about like Arkansas with Sam Pittman. We'll probably have a good season next year just because of our culture put in place from Leach and the experience of the players plus our schedule. Once those players leave we'll go into decline and then hopefully this nightmare will end for us around 2025 and we can actually do a real coaching search and hire someone who knows what the hell they're doing instead of going off of booster recommendations for hires.

But by all means relying heavily on a running back who couldn't even make it out of fall practice healthy should work out well for us next year.**

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 12:52 AM

GTFO. That has to average in pass attempts or something along those lines. I have seen that stat from you before and if you really believe that I cant help you. I guess the entire coaching staff just was wrong day in and day out

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 12:55 AM
It’s not a stretch. He was awful in 6 conference games and awful in the bowl game. Not sure what you watched when we played LSU, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Illinois but he was really bad in all of those games and we won 3 of them in spite of his play.

Go and watch our WRs with the lowest drop rate and tell me who played well. Their ass whipping rate was pretty high those games. Bc they ended up on our bench with DBs on them or looking for their chairs in the other ones. We had absolutely 0 consistentcy from our outside WRs. None. Half the time they got their ass whipped and the other half they ran a bad route bc they knew they were getting it handed tk them. Ill level with you. Leach had made it well known.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 12:58 AM
I have seen our quarterback play. It isn’t a huge risk. He isn’t good.

One of the best we have ever had. Ask his team and coaches. Then go look at our record book then go look at our wins and losses vs ranked teams with him as the starter. You wont like it. I could go on. This act is tired

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 01:01 AM

MS can play with anyone. Texas HSFB as some great and wonderful thing is a myth. It is a bump and giggle league. Katy TX would give up 300 rushing yards a game in this state. Our 7 on 7s end in the summer. They just keep on playing with pads

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 01:05 AM

Hornsby is so good he didnt play over the dude from FIU. Will would whip the dog shit out of Hornsby

SmokeyDawg
01-12-2023, 01:14 AM
Bucky, you seem to put a lot of blame on the WRs but I'm curious as to why none of that blame ever gets put on their position coaches or their ability to recruit the right guys.

dawgday166
01-12-2023, 01:19 AM

What it looks like to me is our boosters swooped in and brought back their buddies ASAP after Leach passed away.

Unfortunately we didn't have an AD in place to stop this from happening and start a proper coaching search which probably could have gotten us Western Kentucky's staff. Which is what we absolutely should have done if we were going to blow everything up anyway.

Instead we as fans get to enjoy a complete rebuild on offense again- who knows if it will even halfway fit our personnel but knowing MSU it won't but hey! That's no problem because we can always just blame Will.

Instead we have gotten a lot of misleading statements at best from MSU about continuity and how we aren't going far away from the Air Raid while everything else is being blown up in the meantime. All the while the guys we ran off of our staff have basically almost immediately been hired as coordinators while we're still searching and hoping this guy from Tulane isn't a shitshow and has about the same amount of experience as the guys we ran off. But hey! We got Bumphis!** And don't think that the coaching community hasn't noticed how we've treated Leach's staff who just won 9 games. That's likely part of the reason why we've had trouble hiring an OC- on top of everyone's friend having a position making it more difficult for real OC's to bring in their staff.

All in all I see this working out about like Arkansas with Sam Pittman. We'll probably have a good season next year just because of our culture put in place from Leach and the experience of the players plus our schedule. Once those players leave we'll go into decline and then hopefully this nightmare will end for us around 2025 and we can actually do a real coaching search and hire someone who knows what the hell they're doing instead of going off of booster recommendations for hires.

But by all means relying heavily on a running back who couldn't even make it out of fall practice healthy should work out well for us next year.**

Todd .. don't be so doom/gloom. If everything you say might happen then happens, look at the bright side dude ... no one's eyes will be hurting watching Leach's Air Raid anymore.

I can't wait to watch Will run the spread option LOL.

BlackSailsDawg
01-12-2023, 02:25 AM
Exactly. Half of all transfers happen after spring practice. Second, we will hire an OC when it clicks for what Arnett wants to do.

Get the AD in place tomorrow and let?s get to stockpiling money.

If you are changing systems, after spring is too late. You want get them broken into that system until summer.

BlackSailsDawg
01-12-2023, 02:33 AM

Won bowl game? Yes

Hard to knock him for Briles staying put. Can?t punish a guy for not making a lateral move in conference.

ZA is winning right now. Excited about the future. He hasn?t hired an OC on your time frame? **** you and your time frame. All will be judged with what happens this Fall

You left off alot. We can start with the mixed messages of the style of offense. It's easy to knock him for Briles. Briles was never leaving. I mentioned that here early on. He gave him way too much time and he got played by Sexton.

The time frame is not my time frame. It's the signing season. We now can hire somebody this week and the new OC only get 4-6 days to accomplish anything. 15-day spring period from May 1-15.

dawgday166
01-12-2023, 02:55 AM
Nm

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 02:55 AM
Bucky, you seem to put a lot of blame on the WRs but I'm curious as to why none of that blame ever gets put on their position coaches or their ability to recruit the right guys.

Its on everyone it?s a team sport. Its not all on one person

msstate7
01-12-2023, 07:57 AM
Todd .. don't be so doom/gloom. If everything you say might happen then happens, look at the bright side dude ... no one's eyes will be hurting watching Leach's Air Raid anymore.

I can't wait to watch Will run the spread option LOL.

Mullen's offense in 2015 and at Florida with trask looked completely different than it did in 2014 or with franks at Florida in 2018. If our OC can't adjust his offense for a year to fit personnel then we got a bad OC, not necessarily a bad system.

Ari Gold
01-12-2023, 08:06 AM

Bump only coached at a school that went to back to back rose bowls , with a coach that didn?t want me to leave .. so yeah Bump sucks

Ari Gold
01-12-2023, 08:11 AM

Won bowl game? Yes

Pretty much all facts here..

TNDawg35
01-12-2023, 08:23 AM
Just so I have it correct, some of you dumbasses bitched and complained for 3 years about how our offense is horrible and wish we would run the ball more, then Leach passes away and now you same dumbasses are the ones who are complaining cause Arnette is going away from the pure air raid. EVEN THO, We haven’t even made a hire yet and no one has a clue who he is gonna hire or what the main offense will even look like. Yet because dude is being in coaches who he wants to, and making his staff HIS, y’all want to fire the man and are already thinking about who the next coach will be…

Some of y’all deserve to be miserable…

Jarius
01-12-2023, 08:30 AM
GTFO. That has to average in pass attempts or something along those lines. I have seen that stat from you before and if you really believe that I cant help you. I guess the entire coaching staff just was wrong day in and day out

Facts don’t care about your feelings. You keep repeating throwing our receivers under the bus when the problem is your boy. Will Rogers is not good at football in SEC games. It’s not our receivers. It’s not our oline. It’s him. We have one of the higher graded olines per pff. We have receivers with some of the lowest drop rates in the country. The problem is the person you white knight for every game while the rest of us watch him look like a deer in headlights.

HancockCountyDog
01-12-2023, 08:48 AM
I have answered it. You chose not to read it. You want an answer to a question that isn?t even finished yet, smartass.

I must have missed it, give me three possible names at QB or just stop talking.

CoachT14
01-12-2023, 08:50 AM
Yea it's probably gonna be him. The other thing I see being a possibility is we're gonna name him Co-OC/RGC/TE Coach and bring in Arnett's buddy Ryan Lindley and have him be Co-OC/PGC/QB Coach

Getting the country club back together.

HancockCountyDog
01-12-2023, 08:50 AM
Thanks…..pretty simple. We need to know what our offense is going to be like first. If it’s going to require a dual threat quarterback to work then obviously there aren’t many choices in the portal that would not be better than what we currently have on the roster. If it’s not then that is different. This guy wants an answer on who our quarterback should be without us even knowing what offense we are running. I think that we could probably eke out enough portal money to steal Malik Hornsby from Texas State if we go to a system that is going to require us to have a true mobile quarterback. I don’t know though. I will have to check with moneybags homedog first to check our exact bankroll.

Malik Hornsby?

Holy hell

CoachT14
01-12-2023, 08:56 AM
Go and watch our WRs with the lowest drop rate and tell me who played well. Their ass whipping rate was pretty high those games. Bc they ended up on our bench with DBs on them or looking for their chairs in the other ones. We had absolutely 0 consistentcy from our outside WRs. None. Half the time they got their ass whipped and the other half they ran a bad route bc they knew they were getting it handed tk them. Ill level with you. Leach had made it well known.

Of course the least objective football poster on this board has to blame everyone but Will. It's everyone's fault but his.

Bdawg
01-12-2023, 08:59 AM

Yeah I dont know ZA is thinking on offense right now. A new OC will show us I guess. But any OC worth his weight should be able to adapt to our strengths for next season.
As far as boosters making the hirings, that just seems like speculation to me. So far Turner is the only one who has coached here before, I believe. Leach almost hired Bump, too, so I?m sure ZA saw that at a positive. The rest he?s hired hasnt coached here, correct? I agree that hate to lose some of our coaches that were doing a good job, but they took OC spots that werent available to them here. Can?t blame either party for that. Hopefully, ZA excels and we are not going down AR path like you say.

Jarius
01-12-2023, 09:04 AM
I must have missed it, give me three possible names at QB or just stop talking.

You did miss it, unsurprisingly.

Jarius
01-12-2023, 09:06 AM
Malik Hornsby?

Holy hell

If we go to something similar to what Mullen ran and you would rather have Will Rogers run that than Malik Hornsby then You are a complete idiot. That’s about as simple as it can be put. Will Rogers is a system quarterback that can’t effectively run anything else than what we have been Running and he did that very poorly against anyone with a pulse. If you think he would be better than Hornsby in any other system than the air raid or possibly pro style offense then you are insane. What did you watch Will Rogers do this year? Seriously? What were you watching?

Tough Dawg
01-12-2023, 09:13 AM
This thread could use some Xanax. Some of you guys need to unplug for 48 hours.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 09:16 AM
Facts don?t care about your feelings. You keep repeating throwing our receivers under the bus when the problem is your boy. Will Rogers is not good at football in SEC games. It?s not our receivers. It?s not our oline. It?s him. We have one of the higher graded olines per pff. We have receivers with some of the lowest drop rates in the country. The problem is the person you white knight for every game while the rest of us watch him look like a deer in headlights.

So basically no response. Nobody white knighted anyone. Yall are the ones literally blaming the kid for everything but the weather while the everyone that really matters (coaches players) would run thru a wall for him.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 09:19 AM
Of course the least objective football poster on this board has to blame everyone but Will. It's everyone's fault but his.

I have never said that. Calling me least objective while blaming literally every problem on Will is pretty short sighted oh great football poster of elite dawgs

Jarius
01-12-2023, 09:20 AM
So basically no response. Eat it dude.

Go look at SEC stat cat. Argue with me till you’re blue in the face. Advanced stats say I’m right and you’re wrong. No one said he’s not the best on the roster. That is what is so sad. Our evals at quarterback have been awful because Will Rogers is no doubt the best we have on the roster. That doesn’t mean he isn’t bad.

CoachT14
01-12-2023, 09:23 AM
I have never said that. Calling me least objective while blaming literally every problem on Will is pretty short sighted oh great football poster of elite dawgs

Why does everyone else have to be perfect for Will to perform in games against top 80 defenses?

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 09:25 AM
Go look at SEC stat cat. No one said he’s not the best on the roster. That is what is so sad. Our evals at quarterback have been awful because Will Rogers is no doubt the best we have on the roster. That doesn’t mean he isn’t bad.

More ranked wins in 3 years than just about anyone we have ever had. Over SEC teams. All the while this year basically having 3 WRs we could count on none of them being outside guys and 2 RBs that only got carries when Will called the play for them to get it. Im not beating a dead horse anymore. We are lucky to have him

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 09:27 AM
Why does everyone else have to be perfect for Will to perform in games against top 80 defenses?

When you throw it 60 times a game you are pretty much counting on others to do their job. This is a pretty self explanatory question. He has more on his shoulders than anyone on the entire offense. I hope that changes

StateDawg44
01-12-2023, 09:35 AM
When you throw it 60 times a game you are pretty much counting on others to do their job. This is a pretty self explanatory question. He has more on his shoulders than anyone on the entire offense. I hope that changes

He does. Every QB does for the most part. But clearly, it's too much for him.

Most of us feel just as comfortable starting over with someone else as rolling out what we have now with Will.

BlackSailsDawg
01-12-2023, 09:38 AM

Facts. The truth is from the pro level down, not a single player is perfect on every play. Will missed some deep shots. However, WRs would go absent alot. It's why Leach got rid of the chairs.

Cooterpoot
01-12-2023, 09:42 AM
Friend is one of the best OL coaches and recruiters in the business. Turner is too at DL. Bump is a wait and see but he's a hard worker with the personality to recruit. I don't have a single problem with any of those guys.

BlackSailsDawg
01-12-2023, 09:44 AM
Go look at SEC stat cat. Argue with me till you’re blue in the face. Advanced stats say I’m right and you’re wrong. No one said he’s not the best on the roster. That is what is so sad. Our evals at quarterback have been awful because Will Rogers is no doubt the best we have on the roster. That doesn’t mean he isn’t bad.

Show me you stat for WRs getting beat down on routes. Not going all out on routes. Stopping on routes.

Jarius
01-12-2023, 09:44 AM
More ranked wins in 3 years than just about anyone we have ever had. Over SEC teams. All the while this year basically having 3 WRs we could count on none of them being outside guys and 2 RBs that only got carries when Will called the play for them to get it. Im not beating a dead horse anymore. We are lucky to have him

Wins aren’t a quarterback stat. We won 3 games in spite of him this year. Your argument is ridiculous and we need to find a better option going forward.

Jarius
01-12-2023, 09:45 AM
Show me you stat for WRs getting beat down on routes. Not going all out on routes. Stopping on routes.

I’m sorry that you don’t know how sitting down in zone coverage works.

BlackSailsDawg
01-12-2023, 09:47 AM
He does. Every QB does for the most part. But clearly, it's too much for him.

Most of us feel just as comfortable starting over with someone else as rolling out what we have now with Will.

Yep. 9 wins too much. LOL!

Rogers will be the QB next year.

Cooterpoot
01-12-2023, 09:48 AM
I don't think Will is great but there's nobody on campus better. Arnett is done with throwing every play. I'm not a fan of what Tulane does, but I think we've still got better news coming on the OC front. There's no way we win 9+ games pounding the rock next year. Especially without a QB who can run. If we try that, Arnett won't last long here.

Jarius
01-12-2023, 09:51 AM

Giving Will Rogers credit for the wins against Auburn, Ole Miss, and Illinois is just embarrassing for you. Our TEAM won those games, and mainly because they had to carry him in spite of his atrocious play. Team wins are not a quarterback stat.

BlackSailsDawg
01-12-2023, 09:51 AM
Friend is one of the best OL coaches and recruiters in the business. Turner is too at DL. Bump is a wait and see but he's a hard worker with the personality to recruit. I don't have a single problem with any of those guys.

I think Bump will be just fine.

BlackSailsDawg
01-12-2023, 09:52 AM
Wins aren?t a quarterback stat. We won 3 games in spite of him this year. Your argument is ridiculous and we need to find a better option going forward.

No we didn't. Name them

Jarius
01-12-2023, 09:55 AM
No we didn't. Name them

Ole Miss, Auburn, and Illinois. I’ve named them 3 times now. You named them as games he played well. You’re clueless

StateDawg44
01-12-2023, 09:59 AM

Just stop. The defense is why we got to 9 wins.

No one said he wasn't going to be the QB next year. Just that I personally would be making strides to improve the position and create an actual QB competition.

BlackSailsDawg
01-12-2023, 10:00 AM

LOL! Ok

BlackSailsDawg
01-12-2023, 10:13 AM
Giving Will Rogers credit for the wins against Auburn, Ole Miss, and Illinois is just embarrassing for you. Our TEAM won those games, and mainly because they had to carry him in spite of his atrocious play. Team wins are not a quarterback stat.

LOL. I already gave you his stats on 2 of those. Try winning those games with out the TDs thrown. Atrocious play of the Defense in the 2nd half vs Auburn put Auburn in the game. Decam missing his assignment on Wade vs Ole Miss put them in the game.

A 75 yard drive led by Rogers:

2nd & 4 at MSST 31
(1:41 - 2nd) Will Rogers run for 8 yds to the MisSt 39 for a 1ST down

2nd & 10 at MISS 47
(0:44 - 2nd) Will Rogers pass complete to Caleb Ducking for 15 yds to the Miss 32 for a 1ST down

3rd & 10 at MISS 19
(0:08 - 2nd) Will Rogers pass complete to Lideatrick Griffin for 19 yds for a TD, (Massimo Biscardi KICK)

LMAO!

Score 24 to 16. Defense gave up a 99.... NINTY NINE YARD DRIVE!!!

1st & 10 at MSST 23
(1:25 - 4th) Jaxson Dart pass complete to Dayton Wade for 23 yds for a TD, DECAM blown coverage.

BlackSailsDawg
01-12-2023, 10:14 AM
Just stop. The defense is why we got to 9 wins.

No one said he wasn't going to be the QB next year. Just that I personally would be making strides to improve the position and create an actual QB competition.

No, pretty sure you take away the TDs on the Offensive side and we lose those.

HancockCountyDog
01-12-2023, 10:27 AM
No, pretty sure you take away the TDs on the Offensive side and we lose those.

Don't make me agree with Jairus. Look, both things can be true. Will is the best QB on the roster and we will be hard pressed to afford a better portal QB. That is true.

The offense/Will was not responsible for a few of our wins. That is true as well.

Jarius
01-12-2023, 11:01 AM
LOL. I already gave you his stats on 2 of those. Try winning those games with out the TDs thrown. Atrocious play of the Defense in the 2nd half vs Auburn put Auburn in the game. Decam missing his assignment on Wade vs Ole Miss put them in the game.

A 75 yard drive led by Rogers:

2nd & 4 at MSST 31
(1:41 - 2nd) Will Rogers run for 8 yds to the MisSt 39 for a 1ST down

2nd & 10 at MISS 47
(0:44 - 2nd) Will Rogers pass complete to Caleb Ducking for 15 yds to the Miss 32 for a 1ST down

3rd & 10 at MISS 19
(0:08 - 2nd) Will Rogers pass complete to Lideatrick Griffin for 19 yds for a TD, (Massimo Biscardi KICK)

LMAO!

Score 24 to 16. Defense gave up a 99.... NINTY NINE YARD DRIVE!!!

1st & 10 at MSST 23
(1:25 - 4th) Jaxson Dart pass complete to Dayton Wade for 23 yds for a TD, DECAM blown coverage.

You are an embarrassment. This is the most ridiculous argument I’ve ever seen someone make. Giving Will rogers credit for the egg bowl and auburn wins is delusional to a degree I’ve never seen. He turned the ball over 6 TIMES in those games. What the hell did you watch?

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 11:01 AM

I know how it works very well. And we dont have a single outside guy that does it the way he is supposed to consistently. The one thing they did do was drop balls and get beat physically in all those games you are blaming squarely on Will.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 11:15 AM
Wins aren?t a quarterback stat. We won 3 games in spite of him this year. Your argument is ridiculous and we need to find a better option going forward.

No its not. Offense is a team deal, team stats. There are no squarely individual stats i this game. Facts dont care about your feelings bro

Jarius
01-12-2023, 11:17 AM
I know how it works very well. And we dont have a single outside guy that does it the way he is supposed to consistently. The one thing they did do was drop balls and get beat physically in all those games you are blaming squarely on Will.

Rara is the only person on our team with a poor drop rate. You are either a liar or you don’t know what you’re talking about. At this point I don’t really care which one it is because we have a new OC and I’m excited about it and hopefully he will help our quarterback become serviceable against defenses that don’t suck because our previous one was not able to do that.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 12:01 PM
Rara is the only person on our team with a poor drop rate. You are either a liar or you don?t know what you?re talking about. At this point I don?t really care which one it is because we have a new OC and I?m excited about it and hopefully he will help our quarterback become serviceable against defenses that don?t suck because our previous one was not able to do that.

Youre right they were great. How many TDs did Tulu drop? One against Illinois one against Bama I can go on. RaRa was terrible after A&M. And absolutely disappeared vs anyone who played physical. LSU-Bama-UGA-Auburn. How many good routes did Ducking run? He was bad all year long. The worst one. How many times did he flat out quit a route especially over the middle? How many times did Robinson get slapped around? How many bounced off his helmet vs Illinois? Rufus had several drops but he is one of the tougher ones. How many times did Leach throw wills chair around and call out his manhood for all the world to hear? Im sorry that I know this stuff too and that it bothers you that you cant talk down to me about it.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 12:04 PM
No Coach worth his salt gives a damn about his WRs drop rates or his OL PPF ratings

Jarius
01-12-2023, 12:07 PM
Youre right they were great. How many TDs did Tulu drop? One against Illinois one against Bama I can go on. RaRa was terrible after A&M. And absolutely disappeared vs anyone who played physical. LSU-Bama-UGA-Auburn. How many good routes did Ducking run? He was bad all year long. The worst one. How many times did he flat out quit a route especially over the middle? How many times did Robinson get slapped around? How many bounced off his helmet vs Illinois? Rufus had several drops but he is one of the tougher ones. How many times did Leach throw wills chair around and call out his manhood for all the world to hear? Im sorry that I know this stuff too and that it bothers you that you cant talk down to me about it.

You are emotional because you know the quarterback and that’s fine. Our receivers have moms and dads too and they don’t appreciate your ignorance being spewed on here about their kids either. I know because I talk to one of them daily. I believe our new OC will be good for Will. Blaming our receivers for last year is ignorance in its highest form. You can’t talk anything with anyone. You’re calling out individual plays when we throw the ball way more than anyone else. Of course our receivers had some bad moments. Overall they played very well. Tulu had a better drop rate than Austin Williams. You can’t talk rationally because you’re too close to the situation. I look forward to a scheme change that will help our quarterback.

bigplayslay
01-12-2023, 01:38 PM
Another thread, another bucky vs. the world on Will Rogers. Only now he has a burner account to make it look like he's not the only one. Laughable.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 01:44 PM
Huge burner guy here. I value my message board secrecy

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2023, 01:46 PM
You are emotional because you know the quarterback and that’s fine. Our receivers have moms and dads too and they don’t appreciate your ignorance being spewed on here about their kids either. I know because I talk to one of them daily. I believe our new OC will be good for Will. Blaming our receivers for last year is ignorance in its highest form. You can’t talk anything with anyone. You’re calling out individual plays when we throw the ball way more than anyone else. Of course our receivers had some bad moments. Overall they played very well. Tulu had a better drop rate than Austin Williams. You can’t talk rationally because you’re too close to the situation. I look forward to a scheme change that will help our quarterback.

Nobody is blaming any one person but you. I guess me and all the coaches are just dead ass wrong and you are right. You should have applied for the OC job. Again, you are upset bc you can?t talk down to me about it. Its fine your bruised elite dawg ego will recover

Jarius
01-12-2023, 03:12 PM
Nobody is blaming any one person but you. I guess me and all the coaches are just dead ass wrong and you are right. You should have applied for the OC job. Again, you are upset bc you can?t talk down to me about it. Its fine your bruised elite dawg ego will recover

Well guess what bud, Coach Arnett just got rid of the entire offensive staff that thought what we were doing was the right way. Maybe that should tell you what the people that currently matter think. Instead of starting threads bitching about how our head coach is running his coaching searches you should try thanking his ass for getting Will an OC that won’t be exploiting his shortcomings every time we play someone worth a damn. The idea that some high school position coach or whatever you are can’t be talked down to by anyone who drinks beer and watches football semi regularly is hilarious. I really am sorry for continuing this conversation. I look forward to Will being better used next year.

Todd4State
01-12-2023, 11:26 PM
Don't make me agree with Jairus. Look, both things can be true. Will is the best QB on the roster and we will be hard pressed to afford a better portal QB. That is true.

The offense/Will was not responsible for a few of our wins. That is true as well.

Yeah. Well people acting like our offense was Croom 2007 2.0 and saying our defense won all the games isn't exactly accurate either.

Johnson85
01-13-2023, 10:06 AM
No its not. Offense is a team deal, team stats. There are no squarely individual stats i this game. Facts dont care about your feelings bro

Offense is a team deal and virtually nobody on this board knows enough to really tell with confidence whose fault everything is, and even if they did, they probably aren't watching film in a way that would let them figure it out.

That said, Will struggled later in the year. Some of the fumbles were him not protecting them ball, not getting blindsided while he was starting the throwing motion. Him running backwards when the OTs were forcing the edge rushers wide and deep isn't on anybody but him. Him taking off on fourth down and then running out of bounds short of the 1st down marker isn't on anybody else. I can completely believe the WRS and OL being unreliable made Will lose his confidence. I don't know how you can run this offense when you don't trust your WRs to be where they're supposed to be. But the fact is he regressed on things that were completely in his control.

I will agree that people are too gloom and doom on our prospects next year. I think the air raid is probably the best offense for Will, but it's not like a RPO where he's not relied upon as a runner is him trying to run the wishbone. He has a chance in any offense that prioritizes decision making and accuracy. I expect our offense to be weaker than the defense next year as it was this year, but I don't think he's going to be asked to do something he's not capable of to the extent that say Tyson Lee was. We may not be great, but we can be better than this year with Will executing the way he is capable, even if he can't do everything the ideal QB candidate could.

Bubb Rubb
01-13-2023, 11:03 AM

Locke and Robertson weren't lured away. They left when we lost Leach. He was the reason they were here. And both of them can see the writing on the wall with Will having two years of eligibility left and Parson coming in.

Dillon Johnson is not a huge loss. I loved watching him, but he was blocking Price from getting on the field, so we were going to lose one of them. And the staff liked Price's upside more than DJ. That's why Leach made the infamous audio comment about DJ. He was wanting one of those guys (DJ/Marks) to move on so he could get Price on the field.

Rara - it is what it is. He wanted an NIL figure that we didn't want to match.

StarkVegasSteve
01-13-2023, 12:50 PM
Guys I may not agree with some of you, but at least we're not having an argument about whether our walk on should start like they're having over on GP.