PDA

View Full Version : Sawyer to Baylor and Locke to Wisconsin

msstate7
01-10-2023, 11:29 PM
Better hope will doesn't get hurt next season

BeardoMSU
01-10-2023, 11:33 PM
Gonna feel sick when 1 or both blow up at their new destinations....

EdwardDrayton
01-10-2023, 11:34 PM
We're State fans. We know there's a fair chance it will bite us in the ass.

Homedawg
01-10-2023, 11:38 PM
Better hope will doesn't get hurt next season

I get it, but today is a day of play now or leave for most. Sawyer was gonna leave no matter. We don't know how good locke will be. He might be a world beater. He's just a fr. If Will left we had no starting qb. Fact is we don't have enough nil $ to get a great qb in the portal. Just a fact.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2023, 11:49 PM
The earliest either one of them would've played is 2024 or 2025 if Will used all his eligibility. No qb stays around at a place that long anymore just to sit and watch, just not the way it is today and it's happening to everyone not just us.

msstate7
01-10-2023, 11:52 PM
I totally get them leaving. I'm just concerned when I see us linked to OCs that like to run the ball with the qb, and all we have is will. Qb runs result in banged up qbs

Commercecomet24
01-11-2023, 12:14 AM
I totally get them leaving. I'm just concerned when I see us linked to OCs that like to run the ball with the qb, and all we have is will. Qb runs result in banged up qbs

I agree but I can't see any oc we hire calling a bunch of qb run plays with Will. If we can see he's not a running qb I'm sure anyone we hire as oc will know it as well. There's plenty of ways to run the ball without using the qb.

Dawgface
01-11-2023, 07:50 AM
The earliest either one of them would've played is 2024 or 2025 if Will used all his eligibility. No qb stays around at a place that long anymore just to sit and watch, just not the way it is today and it's happening to everyone not just us.

Well if we're moving to a more run based system we're screwed the next couple of years with our current qb. Hopefully we can find a portal guy to help. I wish Locke and Sawyer the best.

Hot Rock
01-11-2023, 08:53 AM
It will be on the new OC to get a guy by the summer to come in and give depth. He may even bring a guy that can compete to start. We simply don't know but one thing is for sure, this is a different world we live in with the portal.

If you have two decent options at QB, a multi-year starter and a young guy that could be a stud for the future, then count your blessings.

I am amazed that Sawyer didn't leave last year. You cannot expect to keep a 4 star guy on the bench for more than a year or two before they go look for a place to play. We may have kept one of Sawyer or Locke if Leach were still here but it's not like we planned for this to happen.

Bottom line - the sky is not falling - we have two guys and I expect at least one out of the portal before the season starts.

BrunswickDawg
01-11-2023, 09:22 AM
Interesting thing is, Baylor is basically like us - everyone but the starter has hit the portal. So, at worst Robertson is QB #2.
Locke seems to have landed the better situation. Wisky's QB 1 is going to Florida, so the job is open. But, he will have Tanner Mordecai (SMU 2 year starter) and Nick Evers (Okla. former 4 star) to compete with.