PDA

View Full Version : Rattler back to South Carolina

msstate7
01-10-2023, 10:41 PM
That game just got real tough

Quaoarsking
01-10-2023, 10:57 PM
He'll follow Beamer to Michigan next week I bet.

KOdawg1
01-10-2023, 10:57 PM
That'll be a very tough game. Definitely in the toss up column

msstate7
01-10-2023, 11:07 PM

Interesting thought, but Michigan has a better qb than rattler

Really Clark?
01-10-2023, 11:11 PM

I know Fornelli put that out there but I don't see that fit at all.

Homedawg
01-10-2023, 11:40 PM
That'll be a very tough game. Definitely in the toss up column

It was a toss up either way. On the road in the sec not in Nashville

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2023, 09:53 AM
Spencer Rattler will almost always give you a chance to win....if you're the other team. People see that Tennessee game and think that's Spencer Rattler. That's the outlier. A third of his TD passes for the year were in that game. In other words, in the other 12 games he averaged a TD and an INT because he 18 TDs and 11 INTs on the year.

Cooterpoot
01-11-2023, 10:01 AM
Great! One of the lowest QBRs in the SEC is on our schedule.

Coach34
01-11-2023, 10:02 AM
Spencer Rattler will almost always give you a chance to win....if you're the other team. People see that Tennessee game and think that's Spencer Rattler. That's the outlier. A third of his TD passes for the year were in that game. In other words, in the other 12 games he averaged a TD and an INT because he 18 TDs and 11 INTs on the year.

He got off to a slow start and had more picks than TD's. The 2nd half of the season he was pretty good- 13/4 his last 7 games. Beating Tenn and then Clemson on the road. No reason to believe he cant continue to build on what he did the 2nd half of the season.

msstate7
01-11-2023, 10:15 AM
Great! One of the lowest QBRs in the SEC is on our schedule.

What's funny is he is almost exactly equal in passer rating and QBR to Will.

Rattler didn't have a good bowl game, so hopefully he's still just the wildly inconsistent player he has been. Regardless, I would prefer they didn't have back.

ETA... in conf games only, rattler finished 5th in passer rating and will finished 11th. Only swain and ashford were worse than will in sec conf games... only 13 qualifiers

RiverCityDawg
01-11-2023, 10:16 AM
He got off to a slow start and had more picks than TD's. The 2nd half of the season he was pretty good- 13/4 his last 7 games. Beating Tenn and then Clemson on the road. No reason to believe he cant continue to build on what he did the 2nd half of the season.

He had his worst career season last year, but he was the starter for a reason. I don't think we're screwed with him returning, but I agree it would have been better for us if he was leaving and they had to come up with a replacement.

TrapGame
01-11-2023, 10:31 AM
They're getting a new OC too. It could wind up a defensive battle with both our offenses looking like a monkey trying to **** a football.

Cooterpoot
01-11-2023, 10:42 AM
What's funny is he is almost exactly equal in passer rating and QBR to Will.

Rattler didn't have a good bowl game, so hopefully he's still just the wildly inconsistent player he has been. Regardless, I would prefer they didn't have back.

ETA... in conf games only, rattler finished 5th in passer rating and will finished 11th. Only swain and ashford were worse than will in sec conf games... only 13 qualifiers

Have you seen my Will posts? LOL
Rattler had one good game against good competition (TN). He's so all or nothing it's just a mixed bag and has been his whole career. Seems to be a head case. He's got a lot of ability. Just can't put it all together. He goes as his confidence goes. One pick and it's over for him.

Coach34
01-11-2023, 10:42 AM
They're getting a new OC too. It could wind up a defensive battle with both our offenses looking like a monkey trying to **** a football.

Would be hard for our offense to be worse in SEC games next year than this year

TrapGame
01-11-2023, 11:09 AM
Would be hard for our offense to be worse in SEC games next year than this year

The phrase Hold My Beer comes to mind.

I doubt it too but I wouldn't be shocked.