PDA

View Full Version : BOBO new OC WE ARE 17ED.........What the hell Zack....................

99jc
01-08-2023, 05:57 PM
this is a shit hire.

TNDawg35
01-08-2023, 06:04 PM
No…. No it’s not…

DEDawg
01-08-2023, 06:05 PM
about the best we can do at this point. CZA needs someone who has been there/done that before since he's a first time HC. hopefully he's one of those dudes that is an awful HC but a good coordinator and Auburn was a fluke with how bad Harsin was

Tough Dawg
01-08-2023, 06:08 PM
Why do these posts keep happening? Like this annoying pop up ads on 6pack

civildawg
01-08-2023, 06:08 PM
Link?

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 06:09 PM
DERN!!!!!!!!!! :(

Msujd164
01-08-2023, 06:09 PM
I thought this has been shot down like 543 times?

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 06:10 PM
DELETE

DEDawg
01-08-2023, 06:10 PM
Link?

not sure if OP had something more updated but this is all I've seen so far. definitely doesnt seem official yet but sure someone in the know would know if its true or not already https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-zach-arnett-mississippi-state-closing-in-on-veteran-sec-coordinator-o-line-coach

Msujd164
01-08-2023, 06:11 PM
Since that article,, I believe Feldman came out and said that was not happening.

DEDawg
01-08-2023, 06:12 PM
Since that articles, I believe Feldman came out and said that was no happening.

would imagine if it does end up being true nobody will know until Tuesday and they'd keep it quiet until the NC is over

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 06:13 PM
I thought CZA was going to interview coaches at the convention. Maybe and hopefully the CL is late for the party. CL is the only one reporting that , and I went to the article and it doesn't exist but it showed it was published 4 hours ago. So good.

Msujd164
01-08-2023, 06:15 PM
Did half you guys hit pause at about 3:00 Friday and just now wake up? I?ve seen several communists saying this was not happening.

msstate7
01-08-2023, 06:17 PM
I thought CZA was going to interview coaches at the convention. Maybe and hopefully the CL is late for the party. CL is the only one reporting that , and I went to the article and it doesn't exist but it showed it was published 4 hours ago. So good.

CL reported it?

TNDawg35
01-08-2023, 06:19 PM
CL reported it?

Yea then deleted it as soon as it hit…

Coursesuper
01-08-2023, 06:19 PM

Looks like they already pulled that down, so pay no more attention to that.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 06:20 PM
Did half you guys hit pause at about 3:00 Friday and just now wake up? I?ve seen several communists saying this was not happening.

CL had an article 4 hours ago but now it doesn't exist.

Homedawg
CL reported it?

And took it down. Was using football scoop as its source from Friday or whenever it was

StarkVegasSteve
Yea this has been debunked at least twice since Friday. But hell let's say it again......MIKE BOBO WILL NOT BE THE HIRE.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-08-2023, 06:21 PM
We probably wont have an OC until Thursday or so.

TrapGame
01-08-2023, 06:21 PM
Clarion Liar at their best.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 06:22 PM
And took it down. Was using football scoop as its source from Friday or whenever it was

LOL That makes sense then. OM=OM.

State82
this is a shit hire.
Damn, dude. Please.

msu15
Gosh some of you guys on here really need to be more internet savvy if you're going to use it lol

Commercecomet24
01-08-2023, 06:23 PM
Good grief DO not use anything the cl says as gospel. They had an article LAST week with the scoop that Jett Johnson was returning! Yeah that's a top notch organization,lol!

Homedawg
01-08-2023, 06:24 PM
We probably wont have an OC until Thursday or so.

Probably correct

dawgday166
01-08-2023, 06:25 PM
I just hope the actual search ain't as big a cluster as the reporting and insider info on it is LOL.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 06:26 PM
Good grief DO not use anything the cl says as gospel. They had an article LAST week with the scoop that Jett Johnson was returning! Yeah that's a top notch organization,lol!

Wow! I didn't know he was returning. I'm going to take out a subscription right now so I can be on top of MSU athletics.**** lol

So the scoop pooped and them or the CL didn't get what they wanted. Sounds like a plan to me. :cool:

RezDog7
01-08-2023, 06:52 PM
Who is the clarion liar, never heard of her.

RisperDawg
01-08-2023, 07:02 PM

I think they erased Bobo's existence, just like Stalin did to Trotsky. Lol

MetEdDawg
01-08-2023, 07:44 PM
I like how OP hasn't come back on this

Todd4State
01-08-2023, 07:54 PM
I thought this was sarcasm?

Commercecomet24
01-08-2023, 07:59 PM
I like how OP hasn't come back on this

Yeah vanished.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2023, 08:00 PM
Wow! I didn't know he was returning. I'm going to take out a subscription right now so I can be on top of MSU athletics.**** lol

So the scoop pooped and them or the CL didn't get what they wanted. Sounds like a plan to me. :cool:

Lol, yep!

Dawgface
01-08-2023, 08:01 PM
Lol, yep!

He probably went to the nearest bar.

Goldendawg
01-08-2023, 09:21 PM

He is. Heard Peter Sirmon has a brother that ran a good offense on Madden football once who will be there.*****

BayouDawg
01-08-2023, 09:37 PM
For any who would know. Is it concerning we appear to be hiring our OC from a coaching convention? Or is that a normal thing to do?

BayouDawg
01-08-2023, 09:39 PM
He is. Heard Peter Sirmon has a brother that ran a good offense on Madden football once who will be there.*****

Lol if Peter sirmon was an OC he would find a way to allow the opposing defense to put up 50.

Really Clark?
01-08-2023, 09:39 PM
For any who would know. Is it concerning we appear to be hiring our OC from a coaching convention? Or is that a normal thing to do?

It happens a lot. Easy to set up multiple interviews / conversations while coaches are there in one place.

Homedawg
01-08-2023, 09:42 PM

He wanted face to face meetings for final interviews.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2023, 09:43 PM

It's pretty common. Lot of targets in one place and easy to get face to face interviews

Coach34
01-08-2023, 09:44 PM

That’s actually very normal

RocketDawg
01-08-2023, 09:52 PM
It's pretty common. Lot of targets in one place and easy to get face to face interviews

Sort of like a job fair?

Goldendawg
01-08-2023, 09:56 PM
Sort of like a job fair?

Hope he doesn't fall for an OC that rips his shirt off or starts showing off stances during the interview!*** Hail State! Get this done successfully to build on 2022!

BayouDawg
01-08-2023, 09:56 PM

Very good.

BayouDawg
01-08-2023, 09:57 PM
That?s actually very normal

Makes me feel a little more at ease.

Coach34
01-08-2023, 09:59 PM
The Bobo leak was done as a joke. It was Arnett’s way of finding out who is leaking info. Bobo was never a candidate

Commercecomet24
01-08-2023, 10:04 PM
The Bobo leak was done as a joke. It was Arnett’s way of finding out who is leaking info. Bobo was never a candidate

This. Bobo, whipple and Chaney, I mean wow, lol!

Bothrops
01-08-2023, 11:00 PM
this is a shit hire.

Get duped by the Liar?

TheLostDawg
01-08-2023, 11:35 PM
Makes me feel a little more at ease.

That's where Mullenz got Peter Sirmon

Bothrops
01-08-2023, 11:55 PM

That seemed like a serious man crush from what I remember reading. Barf

Todd4State
01-08-2023, 11:59 PM
That seemed like a serious man crush from what I remember reading. Barf

Dan was in a bad spot at that time. I think he was burned out on us and whiffed on the Miami job and then Keenum reamed him out for losing the Egg Bowl Dak's senior year in Starkville. That was the year where Dan didn't get a raise if I remember correctly.

I heard he tried to get Hevesy a raise though after that shitshow of an o-line he put together which hurt us badly in 2015. LOL.

Johnson85
01-09-2023, 12:11 AM

I guess if a broken clock can be right twice a day those shit head reds you apparently pay attention to can get one right every once in a while too.

yjnkdawg
01-09-2023, 12:31 AM
This. Bobo, whipple and Chaney, I mean wow, lol!

But "somebody" took the bait and ran with it. :)

Commercecomet24
01-09-2023, 12:36 AM

Lol yes, yes they did!

Heck I didn't even know whipple and Chaney were still alive.

Todd4State
01-09-2023, 01:02 AM

Honestly when Steve made that post I didn't take it seriously.

I thought he was frustrated with the whole Briles thing and was just making a post to show everyone how "bad it could be" and then when we hire someone with some question marks "Welllll it's not Bobo!"

Really Clark?
01-09-2023, 06:17 AM

It's also where he got Grantham a year later.

Maroonthirteen
01-09-2023, 06:26 AM
Well, you guys are far more in "the know" about this, than me. So, if yall say it was a joke....or planned to sniff out a mole.........well, ooookay.

However, I don't get State fans disdain for Bobo. Unless it is simply Leach purest that don't like Bobo's contrasting style. WHich is what I think the "OH NO, BOBO" group think really is. However, I digress. Not the point.

Im getting a hunch it is Bobo. Bobo is a part of the game planning for the NC. We have not heard of any other serious candidates. Or at least good ones. Regardless if yall like his scheme or not......the guy has a ton of coaching experience as a HC, OC and QB coach....over many years and in the SEC with very good programs.

Pancho
01-09-2023, 06:32 AM
Only potential guy that is currently involved in NC planning is Ricker @ TCU. I'd be fine with he or Lindsey but I assume there are other guys that Arnett is interested in as well.

msudawg1200
01-09-2023, 06:37 AM

After Arnett was hired, I was listening to the Thunder and Lightning podcast(I think that was the one might have been another one), but they said something about the coaching convention and that's when we'd probably get an OC. So, yes it is very common.

Maroonthirteen
01-09-2023, 07:41 AM
It's well documented that Monken bounces ideas off Bobo and Bobo is a contributor to their offense.

NYDawg
01-09-2023, 07:44 AM
Why do these posts keep happening? Like this annoying pop up ads on 6pack

Because some folks don't keep up with what's going on but insist on posting a link as soon as they see something, some think their "hot take" needs its own thread instead of responding to ones that are already up, some are as sharp as marshmallows, and some are all three. It's a much bigger problem on certain other boards.

msstate7
01-09-2023, 08:10 AM
Well, you guys are far more in "the know" about this, than me. So, if yall say it was a joke....or planned to sniff out a mole.........well, ooookay.

However, I don't get State fans disdain for Bobo. Unless it is simply Leach purest that don't like Bobo's contrasting style. WHich is what I think the "OH NO, BOBO" group think really is. However, I digress. Not the point.

Im getting a hunch it is Bobo. Bobo is a part of the game planning for the NC. We have not heard of any other serious candidates. Or at least good ones. Regardless if yall like his scheme or not......the guy has a ton of coaching experience as a HC, OC and QB coach....over many years and in the SEC with very good programs.

I have a hard time seeing us go this route after we got a national CFB writer to shoot it down, but it's been more talk of bobo than briles among writers.

PGHBulldogBG
01-09-2023, 08:22 AM
I really wish he would stop covering State sports. I don’t blame CZA for being very mad about this. Auburn seems like a better fit for him

HancockCountyDog
01-09-2023, 10:10 AM
I cannot believe we are actually thinking about Bobo, but to be honest, the fact that we don't have a hire and he is an analyst with UGA, does give me the slightest hint of concern.

Homedawg
01-09-2023, 10:14 AM
I cannot believe we are actually thinking about Bobo, but to be honest, the fact that we don't have a hire and he is an analyst with UGA, does give me the slightest hint of concern.

The hire isn't coming from tonight's game. And please stop w this bobo mess

Todd4State
01-09-2023, 10:22 AM

Thank you!

And I don't believe all of this Arnett was trying to catch a rat theory either by the way.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2023, 10:25 AM

Yep.

Dawgface
01-09-2023, 10:29 AM
If the athletic dept has this thing so buttoned up how do you guys know the hire is not coming from the game tonight?

DownwardDawg
01-09-2023, 10:33 AM
If the athletic dept has this thing so buttoned up how do you guys know the hire is not coming from the game tonight?

Great question huh............... make you think........

Homedawg
01-09-2023, 10:45 AM

i don't know who is getting it. However, i Know who is NOT. You can put two and two together.

Santiago
01-09-2023, 10:49 AM
I like the staff additions he has made so far, and that he is getting transfers back to us that are from MS. That will be a great emphasis going forward. I know we need more than just MS, but he seems to get that the state has the diamonds in the rough, and raw talent. Reminds me of Mullen but without the laziness in recruiting.

Dawgface
01-09-2023, 10:57 AM
i don't know who is getting it. However, i Know who is NOT. You can put two and two together.

Ok then.

Dawgology
01-09-2023, 11:26 AM
I like the staff additions he has made so far, and that he is getting transfers back to us that are from MS. That will be a great emphasis going forward. I know we need more than just MS, but he seems to get that the state has the diamonds in the rough, and raw talent. Reminds me of Mullen but without the laziness in recruiting.

In all honestly if you could somehow land 90%-95% of the top 20 players in MS every year you would be perennial Top 15 team. I truly believe that.

Maroonthirteen
01-09-2023, 12:58 PM

If Homedawg says it, bank it.

However between the State fan lemmings meltdown and Bounds stating emphatically that it isn't Bobo..... I hope it is Bobo and State wins 9 games next year running 32 dive. Hahahahaha.

Dawgface
01-09-2023, 01:00 PM
If Homedawg says it, bank it.

However between the State fan lemmings meltdown and Bounds stating emphatically that it isn't Bobo..... I hope it is Bobo and State wins 9 games next year running 32 dive. Hahahahaha.

C34 just got a big........smile on his face.

StarkVegasSteve
01-09-2023, 01:11 PM
In all honestly if you could somehow land 90%-95% of the top 20 players in MS every year you would be perennial Top 15 team. I truly believe that.

Or.....and this is controversial......we could stop focusing on MS so damn much and focus a little more on other areas like Atlanta, DFW, Houston, Nashville, Baton Rouge, Miami, Birmingham. Our school is located in MS. You don't have to hire a MS centric staff to be able to recruit the state unless you have hired the worst recruiters on God's green earth. Our last staff had damn near ZERO ties to MS and we recruited just fine.

The state of Alabama produces better players than Mississippi by and large. However, I don't see Alabama or Auburn freaking out because their staffs don't have a bunch of AL recruiters on them. The generally have one or at the most two guys on staff that know the area. Same with Georgia. To take the next step we have to get out of this we have to recruit MS kids mindset. Go get the best players. If they happen to be from Bolivar Co. then great. But if they're from Miami Northwestern or Duncanville then don't go recruit the kid from Lake Cormorant because you might be able to develop him in 3 years.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
01-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Or.....and this is controversial......we could stop focusing on MS so damn much and focus a little more on other areas like Atlanta, DFW, Houston, Nashville, Baton Rouge, Miami, Birmingham. Our school is located in MS. You don't have to hire a MS centric staff to be able to recruit the state unless you have hired the worst recruiters on God's green earth. Our last staff had damn near ZERO ties to MS and we recruited just fine.

The state of Alabama produces better players than Mississippi by and large. However, I don't see Alabama or Auburn freaking out because their staffs don't have a bunch of AL recruiters on them. The generally have one or at the most two guys on staff that know the area. Same with Georgia. To take the next step we have to get out of this we have to recruit MS kids mindset. Go get the best players. If they happen to be from Bolivar Co. then great. But if they're from Miami Northwestern or Duncanville then don't go recruit the kid from Lake Cormorant because you might be able to develop him in 3 years.

This ^^^^^. We should recruit within a 5-6 hour drive of campus. Maybe extend that a little further to the west.

BeardoMSU
01-09-2023, 02:02 PM

This ^^^^^. We should recruit within a 5-6 hour drive of campus. Maybe extend that a little further to the west.

This^^^

Leroy Jenkins
01-09-2023, 02:11 PM
Every time I check this board I expect this topic to die, but there it is. Like a damn cockroach.

Johnson85
01-09-2023, 02:39 PM

It'd be pretty easy to figure out if this is true by looking at the best players from Mississippi each year and how they produce in college. But I would guess that the real challenge would be identifying the top 20 players. I think if you just took the 20 highest rated players, that would leave you far short of what you need.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-09-2023, 03:22 PM
The "real challenge" is not in "identifying the top 20 players", it's in getting 90+% of P5 MS kids to pick us. OM exists, has more NIL money, and they love nothing more than to flip our players at the last second. LSU, Bama, and Auburn have a history of poaching the true studs when we get them. So no, we aren't getting 18/20 of the best players in this state to play for us. LSU and Arkansas can't even do that

Dawgology
01-09-2023, 08:02 PM
The "real challenge" is not in "identifying the top 20 players", it's in getting 90+% of P5 MS kids to pick us. OM exists, has more NIL money, and they love nothing more than to flip our players at the last second. LSU, Bama, and Auburn have a history of poaching the true studs when we get them. So no, we aren't getting 18/20 of the best players in this state to play for us. LSU and Arkansas can't even do that

I’m not saying it’s possible I was just making the statement that Mississippi produces enough talent that an program
able to do that would be very competitive.

msu15
01-09-2023, 08:14 PM
I’m not saying it’s possible I was just making the statement that Mississippi produces enough talent that an program
able to do that would be very competitive.

Exactly why State and Ole Miss should've merged 50 years ago or whenever that was. Awful decision not to.

Goldendawg
01-09-2023, 08:25 PM
Every time I check this board I expect this topic to die, but there it is. Like a damn cockroach.

Two things that will survive a worldwide nuclear war: cockroaches and Keith Richards.** Find the right OC, ASAP! Hail State!

Dawgface
01-09-2023, 08:28 PM
Two things that will survive a worldwide nuclear war: cockroaches and Keith Richards.** Find the right OC, ASAP! Hail State!

I can't believe Keith Richards is still alive.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2023, 08:29 PM
I can't believe Keith Richards is still alive.

He's pickled lol.

Dawgface
01-09-2023, 08:30 PM
He's pickled lol.

Yep....well preserved.

Homedawg
01-09-2023, 08:32 PM
Credit to the OP to never show back up after his complete meltdown on 3 day old material.

Homedawg
01-09-2023, 08:32 PM
Credit to the OP to never show back up after his complete meltdown on 3 day old material.

Must be related to whiskey pirate.....

RisperDawg
01-09-2023, 08:44 PM
Exactly why State and Ole Miss should've merged 50 years ago or whenever that was. Awful decision not to.

Wait, was this legitimately on the table at that point?

vindastra
01-09-2023, 09:25 PM

Is there anything that prevents this from happening today? Sorry for noob question - foreign exchange ex-student here.

Maroonthirteen
01-09-2023, 09:31 PM
Is there anything that prevents this from happening today? Sorry for noob question - foreign exchange ex-student here.

If we want to talk far out, not so far out ideas..... it is interesting that some JUCOs are building away from their campuses and in larger populated locations. NW -> Desoto, Holmes -> Ridgeland, EMCC -> GTR.... you get the picture. Maybe MSU should start building in Madison or tupelo.

gtowndawg
01-09-2023, 09:43 PM

Ha ha! I've stalked this thread for 3 days wondering if the OP would ever comment again!

Dawgology
01-09-2023, 11:03 PM
Ha ha! I've stalked this thread for 3 days wondering if the OP would ever comment again!

He was so embarrassed he’s now living a solitary life on his personal mountain.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2023, 11:16 PM
Must be related to whiskey pirate.....

Lol gotta be!