PDA

View Full Version : Who you hoping for if its 1 of these 3?

CadaverDawg
01-08-2023, 12:22 AM
Chris Hatcher

Bryan Ellis

AJ Ricker

And why?

Lord McBuckethead
01-08-2023, 12:46 AM
AJ Ricker because he is better than the others.

BlackSailsDawg
01-08-2023, 12:52 AM
Does it have to be from these 3?

TheLostDawg
01-08-2023, 12:58 AM
Ricker as he has a degree in agriculture and would be a good fit*

Wade Garrett
01-08-2023, 01:01 AM
Chris Hatcher

Bryan Ellis

AJ Ricker

And why?

Bryan Ellis. Offensive numbers from 2021 at WKU and 2022 at GSU are video game level. Looking at the 3 seasons he was at WKU he seems to adapt the offense to his players strengths.

Total yards

2019 WKU

Passing 3370
Rushing 1670
PPG 25.4

2020 WKU (Covid Year)

Passing 1972
Rushing 1512
PPG 19

2021 WKU

Passing 6072
Rushing 1435
PPG 44.2

2022 GSU

Passing 4289
Rushing 1778
PPG 33

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 01:07 AM
AJ Ricker - I like where he is now and who his HC is. I like his bio and also that he has had experience coaching at P5 schools. He could be ready for a move to a P5 OC and could be an up coming OC. You just never know (yjnk) . I hadn't heard his name mentioned. Do we even know if he is under consideration? I agree with TheLostDawg too on his degree in Agriculture. :)

TheLostDawg
01-08-2023, 01:10 AM
AJ Ricker - I like where he is now and who his HC is. I like his bio and also that he has had experience coaching at P5 schools. He could be ready for a move to a P5 OC and could be an up coming OC. You just never know (yjnk) . I hadn't heard his name mentioned. Do we even know if he is under consideration?

I'm sure we won't have anything to do with him until Tuesday at the earliest

Cooterpoot
01-08-2023, 02:09 AM
No

mo7888
01-08-2023, 08:18 AM
Chris Hatcher

Bryan Ellis

AJ Ricker

And why?

Any of those 3 would be ok by me. You've got them listed in my order of preference too. Hatcher #1- closest system to our current players and has HC experience that ZA can lean on or bounce things off of.

Ellis #2 as someone said, he put up video game numbers this season. Young guy that slings it in an air raid system

Ricker- #3 Coached in a variation of the air raid and was part of a highly productive offense this season. Only questions are his play calling and how much was Riley and how much was Ricker?

CoachT14
01-08-2023, 08:43 AM
Bryan Ellis. Offensive numbers from 2021 at WKU and 2022 at GSU are video game level. Looking at the 3 seasons he was at WKU he seems to adapt the offense to his players strengths.

Total yards

2019 WKU

Passing 3370
Rushing 1670
PPG 25.4

2020 WKU (Covid Year)

Passing 1972
Rushing 1512
PPG 19

2021 WKU

Passing 6072
Rushing 1435
PPG 44.2

2022 GSU

Passing 4289
Rushing 1778
PPG 33

Ellis had 0 impact on that 21 team, he got demoted. That is Zack Kittley calling plays because Ellis is so bad. Clay Helton has held his hand this year at GSU. That’s all Helton. If we hire Ellis, we get what we deserve.

Bdawg
01-08-2023, 09:51 AM
This is tough. I like that AJ had been in the power 5 a good bit and Dykes seems to like him to bring him along with him, but he?s an O line coach. We need a QB coach. Ellis seems a little green to me and no one knows how much of a hand he played in the offenses with Kittley and Helton. But you never know. I like Hatcher?s experience because I think we need that right now. Been a HC coach for a long time but I don?t think anytime in the power 5(makes me wonder why). Both Ellis and Hatcher coach QBs too. Lastly, who is a good recruiter?
I?m leaning Ricker or Hatcher. Ricker with power 5 experience and Dykes. I liked he played center too(hurts he?s no QB coach). And Hatcher with experience and QB coach.

Cooterpoot
01-08-2023, 10:08 AM
2 of those 3 would be god awful. We aren't hiring any of them.

Bdawg
01-08-2023, 10:31 AM

Rank them. I don’t care too much for them either, but I tried

Coach34
01-08-2023, 11:33 AM
As of Friday- Hatcher has not been contacted by Arnett so it aint him

CadaverDawg
01-08-2023, 11:34 AM

Well considering we thought it might be Bobo a few days ago, I'm not expecting some big splash. I wasn't saying it would be one of them, just asking who would be preferred of these 3, bc I know little about them.

Feel free to start a thread with 3 candidates you think we might actually be after and could possibly get, bc the board is hungry for discussion on the OC, and if these 3 are "absolutely nots", throw us some that could be reality's. You seem to have some inside info, so I know I'd love to know a more realistic list so we can have some hope.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2023, 11:35 AM
As of Friday- Hatcher has not been contacted by Arnett so it aint him

Who do you think a few possibilities are at this point?

msstate7
01-08-2023, 11:35 AM
There's like a 5% chance we pull a guy that wows us, so I think the choices CD posted are about as likely as any

StarkVegasSteve
01-08-2023, 11:41 AM
Out of those guys I'm not real impressed. Honestly as much as I may not like him, Chris Hatcher makes the most sense out of that list. I worry about Ellis. He had play calling duties stripped at WKU and has really only ever been with Clay Helton so it would concern me over whether he's actually calling the offense. Ricker has actually called plays for a long time and seems to be pretty good. I could talk myself into him. If it is him though it was extremely stupid to hire Friend since we'd have to shift him to probably TE's coach.

Coach34
01-08-2023, 11:57 AM
Who do you think a few possibilities are at this point?

Dont know. Since Briles said no everything has gotten quiet. I'm pretty sure Bobo's name was thrown out as a joke.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2023, 11:57 AM
Out of those guys I'm not real impressed. Honestly as much as I may not like him, Chris Hatcher makes the most sense out of that list. I worry about Ellis. He had play calling duties stripped at WKU and has really only ever been with Clay Helton so it would concern me over whether he's actually calling the offense. Ricker has actually called plays for a long time and seems to be pretty good. I could talk myself into him. If it is him though it was extremely stupid to hire Friend since we'd have to shift him to probably TE's coach.

If people that are realistic candidates for us out there...who is left that you'd be "okay" with or happy with? Anybody that isn't being mentioned the last week that you wish we'd target?

CadaverDawg
01-08-2023, 11:58 AM
Dont know. Since Briles said no everything has gotten quiet. I'm pretty sure Bobo's name was thrown out as a joke.

I hope so

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 12:11 PM
I was just answering your question CD concerning what you asked. Regardless of who we get the closer to the vest CZA can keep it the better off we will be and hopefully not have another Steve (look at me throw something on the wall and see if it will stick) guess snafu based upon an assistant hire.

StarkVegasSteve
01-08-2023, 12:12 PM
If people that are realistic candidates for us out there...who is left that you'd be "okay" with or happy with? Anybody that isn't being mentioned the last week that you wish we'd target?

To be honest I really don't know. I could talk myself into Ricker or Hatcher, Ricker more than Hatcher. Being this late in the process hurts. For example, Will Stein would've been a name I would've been interested in but he got hired by Oregon last month. Phillip Montgomery would've been a good hire. But Auburn hired him as their OC. Dave Yost might be a name I'd look at. He was with Leach at WSU. Was also the OC at Mizzou and Texas Tech.

SPDawgs
01-08-2023, 12:13 PM
With Sawyer leaning towards TCU if we go with Ricker would there be a chance to get him back?

BuckyIsAB****
01-08-2023, 12:36 PM
Hatcher. Was my suggestion from the start

CadaverDawg
01-08-2023, 01:05 PM
I was just answering your question CD concerning what you asked. Regardless of who we get the closer to the vest CZA can keep it the better off we will be and hopefully not have another Steve (look at me throw something on the wall and see if it will stick) guess snafu based upon an assistant hire.

Totally agree

No BS Dawg
01-08-2023, 01:11 PM
I?d love Hatcher. Depends on whether the money offsets the ?demotion? in his mind. For a lot of folks, money isn?t the deciding factor. Coming as an OC can?t help but make his head coaching prospects at the FBS level better. He?s proven he can be successful at the FCS level. Again, just defends on what he ultimately wants in his career and resume.

EdwardDrayton
01-08-2023, 01:25 PM
Aren't we close to the edge of we don't care. Just do SOMETHING. With ANY open position.

Coach34
01-08-2023, 01:41 PM
Arnett is headed to the coaches convention to interview some guys. We arent even close to hiring someone it appears

Bdawg
01-08-2023, 01:59 PM

Yeah and we still wouldn?t have a qb coach! He would make no sense for me right now with the hires we have made.

Coach34
01-08-2023, 02:05 PM
I still think Arnett is going to bring in his buddy to be the QB coach and OC in waiting

StarkVegasSteve
01-08-2023, 02:28 PM
Arnett is headed to the coaches convention to interview some guys. We arent even close to hiring someone it appears

He must be going after the womens game. I find it hilarious that Rosebowl reported he was already there and he literally is sitting in the Hump.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2023, 02:33 PM
He must be going after the womens game. I find it hilarious that Rosebowl reported he was already there and he literally is sitting in the Hump.

Good ol' Rosie and his accurate reporting. Smh at that guy.

Coursesuper
01-08-2023, 02:41 PM

Perfection

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 03:49 PM
I still think Arnett is going to bring in his buddy to be the QB coach and OC in waiting

I had always thought that was a definite on bringing Lindley in on his staff. Maybe the Brilles stuff derailed it then as Briles would have been the QB coach.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 03:51 PM

Maybe CZA has a twin? No way he could be wrong on his reporting.***

CoachT14
01-08-2023, 04:04 PM
I had always thought that was a definite on bringing Lindley in on his staff. Maybe the Brilles stuff derailed it then as Briles would have been the QB coach.

Wouldn’t shock me to see Lindley as QB coach and Co-OC at this point.