PDA

View Full Version : Sawyer Robertson update

Thick
01-07-2023, 10:48 AM
has visited TCU and Baylor. They both offered and making decision which to accept. Just fyi

Dawgface
01-07-2023, 10:51 AM
He will probably shine with either one. But for some reason he just didn't have it here.

Leroy Jenkins
01-07-2023, 11:05 AM
TCU has already pickup 3 bama transfers a RB, WR, OL.

mo7888
01-07-2023, 11:11 AM
has visited TCU and Baylor. They both offered and making decision which to accept. Just fyi

Seems like a pretty good indicator that we should have kept him and played him. TCU will make him carry the ball some and that dimension would help here immensely.

Thick
01-07-2023, 01:47 PM
So Sawyer?s much older cousin (TX) and I played together here, and stay in touch this is how I know (just to clarify). Sawyer and CML had discussed his transfer, and what schools he was interested in. CML spoke to Aranda a few days before he passed, and told him that Sawyer was the MOST talented QB he has ever coached. Again talented, but maybe was missing the mental portion needed to really push Will to be the starter.

Sawyer told his cousin that he loved MSU and hated to leave, but he wants to play sooner rather than later. Just thought I would share?..hope he tears it up wherever he lands.

msstate7
01-07-2023, 01:50 PM
Wonder if Sawyer is keeping an eye on the OC hire here. A system that's RPO might be just what he needs

mo7888
01-07-2023, 01:51 PM
So Sawyer?s much older cousin (TX) and I played together here, and stay in touch this is how I know (just to clarify). Sawyer and CML had discussed his transfer, and what schools he was interested in. CML spoke to Aranda a few days before he passed, and told him that Sawyer was the MOST talented QB he has ever coached. Again talented, but maybe was missing the mental portion needed to really push Will to be the starter.

Sawyer told his cousin that he loved MSU and hated to leave, but he wants to play sooner rather than later. Just thought I would share?..hope he tears it up wherever he lands.

Sounds like a perfect fit for a modern air raid scheme....Oh well...

HancockCountyDog
01-07-2023, 02:39 PM
He will probably shine with either one. But for some reason he just didn't have it here.

To be fair, he didn?t get a chance in mop up time either.

mo7888
01-07-2023, 03:46 PM

True.... I have a feeling we're going to be kicking ourselves for letting him get away...

Dawgface
01-07-2023, 03:49 PM

I would love to have seen what he had.

Reason2succeed
01-07-2023, 04:24 PM
I wish him well but he didn?t beat out Will and is afraid to compete with Chris Parson. Byeeeee! 👋🏾

Cowbell
01-07-2023, 04:44 PM

Thank you for sharing!

AROB44
01-07-2023, 05:26 PM
We will regret him transferring.

StarkVegasSteve
01-07-2023, 06:09 PM
Sawyer nor Locke is coming back. They were here because of Leach and Drew. And we will regret both of them transferring. They are both BIG losses

Lord McBuckethead
01-07-2023, 06:19 PM
Not with Parson. But I hate losing them.

RisperDawg
01-07-2023, 06:25 PM
Sawyer nor Locke is coming back. They were here because of Leach and Drew. And we will regret both of them transferring. They are both BIG losses

Not looking to argue, maybe just provide some consolation. If CML was such a factor in their reasons for being here, there's nothing to regret. Nothing anyone could do.

Leroy Jenkins
01-07-2023, 06:27 PM

Hollingshead was going to stay here and be a position coach when WKy offered him the OC job? No. So why would we regret it?

Saltydog
01-07-2023, 06:44 PM
Not with Parson. But I hate losing them.

Not sure why we have so many people here thinking Parson is our savior. He's not ready for the SEC right now and won't be for a while and who's to say he's any better than either Robertson or Locke? I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket at this point.

lastmajordog
01-07-2023, 09:11 PM
Serious question, Brad Peterson was a GREAT offensive scheme and play caller in his early HS career . Any chance he would be a co OC ?

StarkVegasSteve
01-07-2023, 09:14 PM
Serious question, Brad Peterson was a GREAT offensive scheme and play caller in his early HS career . Any chance he would be a co OC ?

No. Actually not just no but F*** NO. I feel like this is not serious because you truly cannot be that stupid to suggest Peterson.

Saltydog
01-07-2023, 09:19 PM
No. Actually not just no but F*** NO. I feel like this is not serious because you truly cannot be that stupid to suggest Peterson.

Wasn't HUD an offensive guy? Maybe he's quit chasing co-eds..........

StarkVegasSteve
01-07-2023, 09:22 PM
Wasn't HUD an offensive guy? Maybe he's quit chasing co-eds..........

What is some of you guys obsession with hiring MS guys? Like damn. Our state is located in MS, we do not need to hire guys who have MS connections. Our previous staff had ZERO MS connections and recruited the hell out of the state.

Maroonthirteen
01-07-2023, 09:36 PM

What do you mean by regret?

The poster said CML talked to Verranda prior to his death. So sounds to me like transferring was a Robertson decision. Not MSU decision.

StarkVegasSteve
01-07-2023, 09:45 PM
What do you mean by regret?

The poster said CML talked to Verranda prior to his death. So sounds to me like transferring was a Robertson decision. Not MSU decision.

I mean that Locke and Robertson are both going to light it up at their next stop and we could’ve kept Locke had we kept Drew. And Locke is the better of those two.

Schultzy
01-07-2023, 09:54 PM
StarkVegasSteve is on a three day bender…he’s on a roll just let him go

Really Clark?
01-07-2023, 09:58 PM
I mean that Locke and Robertson are both going to light it up at their next stop and we could’ve kept Locke had we kept Drew. And Locke is the better of those two.

Steve, I love you man but we couldn't keep Drew. He got an OC job.

Offshore Dawg
01-07-2023, 10:34 PM
True.... I have a feeling we're going to be kicking ourselves for letting him get away...

we didn't let him .

Goldendawg
01-07-2023, 10:44 PM
Not sure why we have so many people here thinking Parson is our savior. He's not ready for the SEC right now and won't be for a while and who's to say he's any better than either Robertson or Locke? I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket at this point.

Heard he is still not over his injury and will not be ready for Spring Practice. Anyone got any insight on this?

Jarius
01-07-2023, 10:46 PM
We will regret him transferring.

If he wasn’t good enough to beat out Will Rogers then he’s got a lot of getting better to do in order for us to regret anything. That was a very short task and he failed miserably.

WhiskeyPirate
01-07-2023, 11:09 PM
What is some of you guys obsession with hiring MS guys? Like damn. Our state is located in MS, we do not need to hire guys who have MS connections. Our previous staff had ZERO MS connections and recruited the hell out of the state.

We don’t need a national program, we can do it all with high school coaches from Mississippi. Peterson is much smarter than Leach. Lmao

Homedawg
01-08-2023, 09:58 AM
Heard he is still not over his injury and will not be ready for Spring Practice. Anyone got any insight on this?

That's my understanding

msstate7
01-08-2023, 10:02 AM
That's my understanding

Damn, we're in pretty dire straights then at the qb position.