PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if true, but I was told...

CadaverDawg
01-06-2023, 11:25 PM
The new OC would be running a Mullen-style offense. Was told that was what a player was told.

Again, I have no clue if it's true, but that would not fit our current personnel at all, and I have no idea what potential OC fits that mold...

UNLESS....

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BronzeSophisticatedIndigowingedparrot-max-1mb.gif

Tater
01-06-2023, 11:28 PM
I was told we'd have to wait on our OC to finish winning the Super Bowl before we bring Joe Brady in. Minimal buyout because he knows he's winning us the championship after 1 year then dipping to the NFL for the Raiders head coaching job the next year

Goldendawg
01-06-2023, 11:36 PM
I was told we'd have to wait on our OC to finish winning the Super Bowl before we bring Joe Brady in. Minimal buyout because he knows he's winning us the championship after 1 year then dipping to the NFL for the Raiders head coaching job the next year

Raiders fan as an eight year old since 1963. I gone through enough dud coaches recently without a Brady experiment!**

BeardoMSU
01-06-2023, 11:49 PM
The new OC would be running a Mullen-style offense. Was told that was what a player was told.

Again, I have no clue if it's true, but that would not fit our current personnel at all, and I have no idea what potential OC fits that mold...

UNLESS....

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BronzeSophisticatedIndigowingedparrot-max-1mb.gif

I'd take Dan as long as Dak is allowed to exercise his COVID year and come back for one last hurrah.***

Homedawg
01-07-2023, 12:08 AM
What I can tell you is, Mike bobo is going to be the OC and never was, but thanks rosebowl for starting a clown show for our coach who hasn't coached a game yet.

Commercecomet24
01-07-2023, 12:12 AM
What I can tell you is, Mike bobo is going to be the OC and never was, but thanks rosebowl for starting a clown show for our coach who hasn't coached a game yet.

Seconded. Rose bowl really screwed this one up bad. Zach doesn't look like someone whose bad side you want to be on!

msstate7
01-07-2023, 12:13 AM
Did you say mullen? I might have to call my doctor in a few hours**

Commercecomet24
01-07-2023, 12:14 AM
If you think Holloway up the middle
was bad can you imagine Will running qb power on third and 8? Just the thought makes me wince!

BeardoMSU
01-07-2023, 12:14 AM
Seconded. Rose bowl really screwed this one up bad. Zach doesn't look like someone whose bad side you want to be on!

That Starkvillain shirt he wears is about to cut both ways, lol.

Seriously, tho. He's an embarrassment.

BeardoMSU
01-07-2023, 12:16 AM

Please call him Merlin(z) instead...maybe the Lady of tge Lake will show up and stunt on all these bitches***

(I can't believe M.E.R.L.I.N.Z. is banned, lol)

Commercecomet24
01-07-2023, 12:16 AM
That Starkvillain shirt he wears is about to cut both ways, lol.

Seriously, tho. He's an embarrassment.

Yeah and he seems to be getting worse. This bobo thing was a total cluster! I guess he thinks the freeze thing gives him some sort of huge credit with State fans or something

BeardoMSU
01-07-2023, 12:18 AM
Yeah and he seems to be getting worse. This bobo thing was a total cluster! I guess he thinks the freeze thing gives him some sort of huge credit with State fans or something

Narcissism seems to work like that, lol

Commercecomet24
01-07-2023, 12:19 AM
Narcissism seems to work like that, lol

True dat.

TNDawg35
01-07-2023, 12:20 AM
was bad can you imagine Will running qb power on third and 8? Just the thought makes me wince!

It would be like that video vine of the little kid getting blown up running his “make a wish” thing that Bob Menery did…

DownwardDawg
01-07-2023, 12:21 AM

Hahaha!!!

bulldawg28
01-07-2023, 12:41 AM

Sanchez butt fumble reenactment.

BeardoMSU
01-07-2023, 12:45 AM
Sanchez butt fumble reenactment.

Except every time, lol.

dawgday166
01-07-2023, 12:45 AM

CC ... 7 gonna be having wet dreams all night long now ****

Todd4State
01-07-2023, 12:56 AM

It was almost like he was embarrassed about how the Briles thing played out and just started throwing out random names of coaches. I actually thought he was being sarcastic and making fun of the meltdown over there.

Tater
01-07-2023, 07:36 AM
Please call him Merlin(z) instead...maybe the Lady of tge Lake will show up and stunt on all these bitches***

(I can't believe M.E.R.L.I.N.Z. is banned, lol)

It ain't banned for Platinum Plus members: *******

R2Dawg
01-07-2023, 08:08 AM

This is the issue with the OC search. We are changing O philosophy and a proven OC don't like the looks of some of the personnel to execute it.

KOdawg1
01-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Steve is getting worse.

That's why I say Paul is the one to trust over there. He's rational and not as emotional. He's also more consistent with his recruiting info.

Steve will disappear for weeks and who knows when he'll give the bones. Biscuits are every weekday morning for Paul.

Activated Alpha
01-07-2023, 08:44 AM

Has your erection lasted over 4 hours? It's been a while; we need an update if you had to go the ER....

msstate7
01-07-2023, 08:47 AM
Has your erection lasted over 4 hours? It's been a while; we need an update if you had to go the ER....

No, I turned on some 2018 highlights to calm down

msudawg1200
01-07-2023, 09:00 AM
Raiders fan as an eight year old since 1963. I gone through enough dud coaches recently without a Brady experiment!**

I've been a Raider since 1982 and agree wholeheartedly.

Activated Alpha
01-07-2023, 09:23 AM

Heard that's what the veterinarians subject the animals to who are in heat.....

Really Clark?
01-07-2023, 09:34 AM

Calm down? If my heart rate and blood pressure is already elevated, watching 2018 game film is most assuredly a good way for me to have a stroke, heart attack, or aneurysm...check that I'm having all three simultaneously.

msstate7
01-07-2023, 09:39 AM
Calm down? If my heart rate and blood pressure is already elevated, watching 2018 game film is most assuredly a good way for me to have a stroke, heart attack, or aneurysm...check that I'm having all three simultaneously.

Good point haha

MoreCowbell
01-07-2023, 12:36 PM

That is pretty funny

Dawg496
01-07-2023, 12:46 PM
I have a feeling it?s gonna be Brian Johnson which imo is a better hire than Briles.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2023, 01:04 PM
No reason for Steve to put that crap out there that we were going to hire an assistant coach today and that would give you an idea on who will be hired as the OC. He knew posters would take that and run with it. There is no use embarrassing somebody like Bobo. People were talking bad about him on twitter that was uncalled for had somebody used some common sense, but keep getting those clicks. Like I said in another thread I liked 247 a lot better before the merger and this clown show yesterday just justifies that comment more.

confucius say
01-07-2023, 01:06 PM
Yep. ZA is aware of all the backlash. So unnecessary. He's a big boy so he'll be fine, but for the life of me I don't know why state people make it hard on state.

msstate7
01-07-2023, 01:10 PM
I have a feeling it?s gonna be Brian Johnson which imo is a better hire than Briles.

Maybe mullen version of offense with trask, senior year dak, or maybe leak/tebow version under urban

yjnkdawg
01-07-2023, 01:10 PM
Yep. ZA is aware of all the backlash. So unnecessary. He's a big boy so he'll be fine, but for the life of me I don't know why state people make it hard on state.

Probably because somebody is a me me person. Look at me I'm important and know all. It's pretty pathetic.

duncflydawg
01-07-2023, 01:20 PM
I just assume it was all for page views. I can?t imagine how much more the traffic was the past couple days and what that does to revenue now that Steve owns Genes Page. He directly benefited from the chaos of the past couple days.

Dawg496
01-07-2023, 01:22 PM
Yeah probably take a couple years to adjust to what they actually want to do but dude is a great QB coach and would make a lot of sense with the other offensive hires so far.

Basically Arnett defense with Mullen offense.

Aside from that I guess it could be someone else in the NFL or maybe someone from the UGA or TCU staffs.

Vandownbytheriver
01-07-2023, 01:26 PM
The thing about these recruiting site guys is they are all about them and not the school they cover. There's just a small difference between Steve, Paul, Yancy, Neal, Ben, Robbie, etc. Those guys all think they are more important and famous than they really are. They've all done some shady stuff in the past that just gets ignored because for some reason fanbases get crazy over recruiting coverage. They are all about page views and not factual accuracy. You have to be a different type of person to do that work.

662dawg
01-07-2023, 01:35 PM
The thing about these recruiting site guys is they are all about them and not the school they cover. There's just a small difference between Steve, Paul, Yancy, Neal, Ben, Robbie, etc. Those guys all think they are more important and famous than they really are. They've all done some shady stuff in the past that just gets ignored because for some reason fanbases get crazy over recruiting coverage. They are all about page views and not factual accuracy. You have to be a different type of person to do that work.

They're actually leading people to believe that Arnett backed out on Bobo bc anonymous people on the message boards were so mad about it. And most of their members are actually buying that's why it wasn't Bobo. Its mind boggling that anyone would believe that lol.

sandjunky
01-07-2023, 01:36 PM

Are you effing out of your mind? They are not in the same stratosphere

Brian Johnson has been OC at 3 stops
His stops were
2012-13 OC/QB Utah
2017 OC/QB UH
2020 OC/QB UF

Spent more time as a qb coach than OC - he?s just a spread version of Crxxm

Commercecomet24
01-07-2023, 01:43 PM
They're actually leading people to believe that Arnett backed out on Bobo bc anonymous people on the message boards were so mad about it. And most of their members are actually buying that's why it wasn't Bobo. It's mind boggling that anyone would believe that lol.

This it never was bobo, ever! Guess they got their clicks and ad money. Smh

I don't trust them at all over there and don't read their stuff. I get my info from people who are close to the program, players or on here. I can't believe people actually pay for that stuff!

662dawg
01-07-2023, 01:50 PM
This it never was bobo, ever! Guess they got their clicks and ad money. Smh

I don't trust them at all over there and don't read their stuff. I get my info from people who are close to the program, players or on here. I can't believe people actually pay for that stuff!

Now they're saying Bryan Ellis of Georgia Southern is the name to keep an eye on & we haven't reached out to Hatcher or Johns at all. 🤷

Homedawg
01-07-2023, 01:55 PM
Another what we're hearing from tattoo man to get the natives going nuts again. It gets him clicks. Otherwise, is just gas on a fire.

Commercecomet24
01-07-2023, 02:04 PM
Another what we're hearing from tattoo man to get the natives going nuts again. It gets him clicks. Otherwise, is just gas on a fire.

Yep that's all it's about at this point him getting clicks and ad money.

Steve's becoming as much of an enemy to us as he is to om. Why do people still believe him?

Homedawg
01-07-2023, 02:09 PM
Yep that's all it's about at this point him getting clicks and ad money.

Steve's becoming as much of an enemy to us as he is to om. Why do people still believe him?

That's a good question!?! It's pretty clear our people aren't telling him jack. I mean anything.

Commercecomet24
01-07-2023, 02:11 PM
That's a good question!?! It's pretty clear our people aren't telling him jack. I mean anything.

I'm glad they're not giving him anything. Wouldn't bother me if they never gave him anything again.

Coursesuper
01-07-2023, 02:13 PM

I feel you are correct. It is silent as a tomb right now and I for one think that might be a good thing.

Coursesuper
01-07-2023, 02:14 PM

I'm glad they're not giving him anything. Wouldn't bother me if they never gave him anything again.

Amen to that.

Commercecomet24
01-07-2023, 02:16 PM
I feel you are correct. It is silent as a tomb right now and I for one think that might be a good thing.

Yeah, definitely the ranks have been closed in the AD and I believe for good reason.

Vandownbytheriver
01-07-2023, 02:17 PM

At least with Brandon Walker you know it's all about him. 247 likes to try to act like they have State's best interest in mind all the while toeing the line between believable and down right lies. The fact people pay for "their services" blows my mind. If you're gonna be tabloid, go the Barstool route.

KOdawg1
01-07-2023, 02:18 PM
People need to stop listening to Steve Robertson.

He's connected, but he takes information and then magnifies it by 100x, and then posts it.

The whole Briles situation literally happens on that board multiple times a year. Hell get everyone's hopes up just to get clicks.

Y'all are right about things being tight lipped btw. Wanna know why Paul Jones isn't saying anything? Because he doesn't know because people aren't talking, but he's got enough self respect not to make shit up

Homedawg
01-07-2023, 02:22 PM

He's connected, but he takes information and then magnifies it by 100x, and then posts it.

The whole Briles situation literally happens on that board multiple times a year. Hell get everyone's hopes up just to get clicks.

Y'all are right about things being tight lipped btw. Wanna know why Paul Jones isn't saying anything? Because he doesn't know because people aren't talking, but he's got enough self respect not to make shit up

Well said

662dawg
01-07-2023, 02:24 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb & say Briles never was as serious a candidate as 24/7 had them believe. Sure they probably talked to him, but looking back I'm not sure it really ever got further than that like Steve left them to believe. I could be way off, but I don't think he had contract in hand ready to sign yada yada & them said no at the last minute to stay in an upcoming dumpster fire situation that Arkansas seems headed towards.

Commercecomet24
01-07-2023, 02:25 PM

Yep. Right on.

schddog72
01-07-2023, 03:20 PM

THIS!! He's well-spoken when interviewed by Finebaum, but he's totally embarrassing to look at because of his personal appearance. I know that shouldn't make a difference, but I'm old enough and been around long enough to state that it DOES make a difference with folks of the baby-boomer generation.

Coursesuper
01-07-2023, 03:32 PM
THIS!! He's well-spoken when interviewed by Finebaum, but he's totally embarrassing to look at because of his personal appearance. I know that shouldn't make a difference, but I'm old enough and been around long enough to state that it DOES make a difference with folks of the baby-boomer generation.

I don?t care if he has tattoos on his rig and pink and purple dots all over, call it what it is, propaganda for a captive audience.

Commercecomet24
01-07-2023, 03:36 PM
I don?t care if he has tattoos on his rig and pink and purple dots all over, call it what it is, propaganda for a captive audience.

Yep. Moneymaker.

Cowbell
01-07-2023, 05:08 PM

I have never understood why he was given info in the past. Arnette doesn't seem like the type to play those games. Steve will most likely hate this administration. Maybe even get a day job.

EdwardDrayton
01-07-2023, 05:12 PM
I'd take Dan as long as Dak is allowed to exercise his COVID year and come back for one last hurrah.***

And that would be the ONLY way we could stomach Donnie Mullins back.

Cowbell
01-07-2023, 05:12 PM
I have never been more disgusted with Steve than after he let information out about CMLs medical situation that from my knowledge he was not given permission to give out. And then he somehow made CMLs death about him.

sandjunky
01-07-2023, 05:19 PM
I have never been more disgusted with Steve than after he let information out about CMLs medical situation that from my knowledge he was not given permission to give out. And then he somehow made CMLs death about him.

Please elaborate?

SmokeyDawg
01-07-2023, 05:27 PM

I don't listen to SR much and didn't have much against him until this. As soon as he said he knows a lot more than the average fan and already had the story written of the health emergency of his "best friend" Mike Leach. (Before he had passed) I was done. What a clown pos to try to get clicks off the pirate's passing.

Coach34
01-07-2023, 05:33 PM
We'll see who we hire- but I know 100% Arnett wants an OC that is not going to throw it 50 times a Saturday.

Too many speculating right now that dont know. Obviously Briles would have been great and anybody who knows some football has to like what Heup is doing at Tenn from a scheme standpoint. He's putting together a pretty good staff so far but OC is the key.

confucius say
01-07-2023, 05:37 PM
Yep it's obvious from going after friend and briles that ZA wants to be able to run the ball. Ark and auburn ran it better against us than anybody.

parabrave
01-07-2023, 06:40 PM

This. He lost me after that.

parabrave
01-07-2023, 06:42 PM
Please elaborate?

Go listen to his Boneyard the day of Coach Leach Passing. Heck he got Synder to post that Leach had died then he found out that he was still alive.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2023, 06:52 PM
Yep it's obvious from going after friend and briles that ZA wants to be able to run the ball. Ark and auburn ran it better against us than anybody.

Being able to have a good running game is fine with me. I just hope we don't become more of a run dominant than passing offense. I actually wish we could have one where you actually run or pass based on what the defense gives you.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2023, 06:56 PM
We'll see who we hire- but I know 100% Arnett wants an OC that is not going to throw it 50 times a Saturday.

Too many speculating right now that dont know. Obviously Briles would have been great and anybody who knows some football has to like what Heup is doing at Tenn from a scheme standpoint. He's putting together a pretty good staff so far but OC is the key.

Is Miller still a possibility of staying or is he already out? My apologies if this has already been discussed.

Pancho
01-08-2023, 08:17 AM
Only if CZA wants him to be the OC

662dawg
01-08-2023, 12:50 PM
"ZA was about to hire Mike bobo if it wasn?t for this board."

"Yeah and the irony is that if as fans we didn?t complain, we would have Mike Bobo as OC right now. So you?re welcome, I guess"

These are just two examples of what some people on 247 actually believe happened with Bobo. The mods need to work on their communication skills a little better bc surely this isn't what they wanted to lead them to believe over there? You can't get anymore delusional than this.

Homedawg
01-08-2023, 12:55 PM
"ZA was about to hire Mike bobo if it wasn?t for this board."

"Yeah and the irony is that if as fans we didn?t complain, we would have Mike Bobo as OC right now. So you?re welcome, I guess"

These are just two examples of what some people on 247 actually believe happened with Bobo. The mods need to work on their communication skills a little better bc surely this isn't what they wanted to lead them to believe over there? You can't get anymore delusional than this.

Correct. All kinds of crazy

Coursesuper
01-08-2023, 01:06 PM
Correct. All kinds of crazy

Propaganda is powerful.

KOdawg1
01-08-2023, 02:08 PM
This whole process has been embarrassing for some certain "insiders".

They don't know what's going on

662dawg
01-08-2023, 03:08 PM
This whole process has been embarrassing for some certain "insiders".

They don't know what's going on

One insider stated this morning ZA was already on a plane headed to the coaches convention in Charlotte to start interviewing candidates. About 2 hours later another insider spotted him & a few other coaches at the girls basketball game. I think it's safe to say that some insiders are getting feed loads of BS. May be purposely. I don't know.

Mjoelner34
01-08-2023, 03:20 PM
One insider stated this morning ZA was already on a plane headed to the coaches convention in Charlotte to start interviewing candidates. About 2 hours later another insider spotted him & a few other coaches at the girls basketball game. I think it's safe to say that some insiders are getting feed loads of BS. May be purposely. I don't know.

This is like the time Gene posted that Fant would start at Oregon and that he was leaving on the university jet just after 5:00 on Friday. I posted that I had just passed the MSU aircraft operations at the Starkville airport on the way home from work and that the place was locked up and nobody was there. Gene then responded they were leaving from GTR. LOL! By the way, we all know Fant did not play that day.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 03:36 PM

There are 3 actual insiders on 247 that I know of that are as knowledgeable as you can be on this coaching search, and most things dealing with MSU athletics. Two more with some knowledge on the search. I was on there for a few minutes yesterday and the best post I saw was something to the effect that CZA would have a lot easier job of hiring a coach if 247 (GP) wouldn't post all these updates on what we know.

StateDawg44
01-08-2023, 03:38 PM
There is a whole click over there than believes that their complaints are heard and the school falls in line and listens.

They are also the main reason that board is unreadable and not worth paying for.

CoachT14
01-08-2023, 03:46 PM

What about Andrew Sowder? He fits that mold. He’s a little unproven though.

Todd4State
01-08-2023, 04:04 PM
There is a whole click over there than believes that their complaints are heard and the school falls in line and listens.

They are also the main reason that board is unreadable and not worth paying for.

They harassed Brandon Hardin and now they think they matter.

KOdawg1
01-08-2023, 04:19 PM
There are 3 actual insiders on 247 that I know of that are as knowledgeable as you can be on this coaching search, and most things dealing with MSU athletics. Two more with some knowledge on the search. I was on there for a few minutes yesterday and the best post I saw was something to the effect that CZA would have a lot easier job of hiring a coach if 247 (GP) wouldn't post all these updates on what we know.
None of them are knowledgeable about this coaching search. Arnett isn't letting info out. Paul and Robbie aren't saying anything because they don't know. Steve is putting info out there, but it's all over the place and incorrect half the time. He's causing unnecessary chaos over there by leading people down all these rabbit trails when he could just come out and say "Guys, I honestly have no clue."

Idk if Dave Murray is one of the ones you're talking about, but he knows absolutely nothing. Except how to write unreadable articles.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 04:31 PM
None of them are knowledgeable about this coaching search. Arnett isn't letting info out. Paul and Robbie aren't saying anything because they don't know. Steve is putting info out there, but it's all over the place and incorrect half the time. He's causing unnecessary chaos over there by leading people down all these rabbit trails when he could just come out and say "Guys, I honestly have no clue."

Idk if Dave Murray is one of the ones you're talking about, but he knows absolutely nothing. Except how to write unreadable articles.

As knowledgeable as can be in the search, due to CZA keeping close to the vest, not that the three knew everything about the search. I was referring to members not mods. I am well aware of what Steve does. Like I said I know one member who has better sources than Steve does.

KOdawg1
01-08-2023, 04:33 PM
As knowledgeable as can be in the search, due to CZA keeping close to the vest, not that the three knew everything about the search. I was referring to members not mods. I am well aware of what Steve does. Like I said I know one member who has better sources than Steve does.

Oh yeah.

I trust Pnut and Tag more than I do Steve.

Not sure, but I think Pnut is Ifyouonlyknew over here. He hasn't posted in awhile

Coursesuper
01-08-2023, 04:39 PM
They harassed Brandon Hardin and now they think they matter.

Trust me, Brandon gives zero fsss what those people think.

Pancho
01-08-2023, 05:25 PM
Oh yeah.

Not sure, but I think Pnut is Ifyouonlyknew over here. He hasn't posted in awhile

IYON is now employed over on the plains

Coach34
01-08-2023, 05:33 PM
What about Andrew Sowder? He fits that mold. He’s a little unproven though.

It’s possible but might be a little green for my taste

KOdawg1
01-08-2023, 05:42 PM
IYON is now employed over on the plains

Ummm no

CoachT14
01-08-2023, 05:43 PM
It’s possible but might be a little green for my taste

Would you take him over the likes of Ricker, Ellis? Just curious since those are at least 2 names that have a little traction seemingly.

I’ve said it once before, but I think Ellis is awful and has been awful when he’s called plays without Zack Kittley calling the plays or Clay Helton holding his hand. Ricker has never called plays and we don’t need 2 career OL coaches on staff.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2023, 05:47 PM
Oh yeah.

Agree with you 100%. Like was posted above, IYOK went to Auburn.

Really Clark?
01-08-2023, 05:48 PM
Sowder and Lewis worked together for several years prior to Kent and they actually worked on the offense while apart too. Sowder was an big part of that offense and was taking the OC at San Jose St when Lewis called him to come when he took over at Kent St. Sowder was also the Top 3 to take over for Lewis when he left. He will be an OC in FBS this up coming season.

CoachT14
01-08-2023, 05:56 PM
Sowder and Lewis worked together for several years prior to Kent and they actually worked on the offense while apart too. Sowder was an big part of that offense and was taking the OC at San Jose St when Lewis called him to come when he took over at Kent St. Sowder was also the Top 3 to take over for Lewis when he left. He will be an OC in FBS this up coming season.

I would take him in a heartbeat over half the names being thrown around.