Good for him. It'll be interesting to see what style offense he runs

Kevin Wilson offense is what is being run

Fader21
01-06-2023, 11:20 AM
Drew Hollingshead to be OC at Western Kentucky

confucius say
01-06-2023, 12:21 PM
Drew Hollingshead to be OC at Western Kentucky

Lot of folks believe he is a rising star. May look back and think letting him leave was a mistake

Really Clark?
01-06-2023, 12:25 PM
Lot of folks believe he is a rising star. May look back and think letting him leave was a mistake

You think we let him leave and he just landed as an OC? That's not how it went. Would have loved to have kept him but he wasn't staying when he had an OC offer

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 12:33 PM
You think we let him leave and he just landed as an OC? That's not how it went. Would have loved to have kept him but he wasn't staying when he had an OC offer

And we pushed him out the door so we could bring in God's Gift to Coaching Chad Bumphis. Kind of hard to stay on staff when folks are actively looking to replace you before the ink on Arnett's contract was dry.

Some of our boosters and media guys have been pushing for Bumphis for two years now because he's their friend and they think he'll feed them information.

Really Clark?
01-06-2023, 12:48 PM
And we pushed him out the door so we could bring in God's Gift to Coaching Chad Bumphis. Kind of hard to stay on staff when folks are actively looking to replace you before the ink on Arnett's contract was dry.

Some of our boosters and media guys have been pushing for Bumphis for two years now because he's their friend and they think he'll feed them information.

Drew was up front about his opportunities beforehand. First year HC, replacing a legend from a tragedy, perception as much as I hate it, looks better for us to make changes than appear coaches are jumping ship. Bumphis was the replacement for Spurrier not Drew. But Drew had good opportunities and we knew that.

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 12:50 PM
Drew was up front about his opportunities beforehand. First year HC, replacing a legend from a tragedy, perception as much as I hate it, looks better for us to make changes than appear coaches are jumping ship. Bumphis was the replacement for Spurrier not Drew. But Drew had good opportunities and we knew that.

We're going to regret letting him walk out the door. I'll just say that.

Really Clark?
01-06-2023, 12:52 PM
We're going to regret letting him walk out the door. I'll just say that.

What option did we have? We could not name him OC, outside of that he was gone anyway on his own.

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 12:57 PM
What option did we have? We could not name him OC, outside of that he was gone anyway on his own.

You could've named him OC. Or named him and Mason Co-OC's. Again, I don't know if that option was even on the table. I just know we let our best recruiter walk out the door and we probably won't come close to replicating that recruiting ability and the connections he had.

It would definitely been a risk to name him OC, and I'll hold judgement until we make a hire, but I could've gotten behind Drew as the OC or Co-OC. He's a rising star in the profession and sometimes you have to take a risk on a guy like that if you believe he has the ability. Hell we just did it with Arnett.

DesotoDog1967
01-06-2023, 12:59 PM
Hollingshead is now OC at W Kentucky

Really Clark?
01-06-2023, 01:03 PM
You could've named him OC. Or named him and Mason Co-OC's. Again, I don't know if that option was even on the table. I just know we let our best recruiter walk out the door and we probably won't come close to replicating that recruiting ability and the connections he had.

It would definitely been a risk to name him OC, and I'll hold judgement until we make a hire, but I could've gotten behind Drew as the OC or Co-OC. He's a rising star in the profession and sometimes you have to take a risk on a guy like that if you believe he has the ability. Hell we just did it with Arnett.

I just don't see having Co-OC's when your HC is a defensive guy. He needs and is looking for someone to run that side of the ball completely. Hate to lose him a lot but I completely understand the why's. Some of this will look better or worse depending on who we hire as OC.

TorpedoIPA
01-06-2023, 01:07 PM
I would have promoted Spurrier or Hollingshead to OC. Why promote Arnette and Brock to ensure continuity and not do it on the offensive side ?

Why wasn't Phelps retained ? Anybody know ?

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 01:11 PM
I would have promoted Spurrier or Hollingshead to OC. Why promote Arnette and Brock to ensure continuity and not do it on the offensive side ?

Spurrier had problems other than his play calling, which was bad. Hollingshead, although I would've hired him, is viewed as too young by some.

On Phelps, see the Bumphis situation. We have people in our program and in the media that want to push certain candidates that will give them inside info. David Turner is a former staff member who will do that. So they saw an opportunity to bring him back and I imagine he will replace Phelps.

WhiskeyPirate
01-06-2023, 01:17 PM

Bullshit

Really Clark?
01-06-2023, 01:19 PM
Bullshit

Nope

confucius say
01-06-2023, 01:29 PM

I'm saying we could have kept him and had the opportunity to do so. We could have made him co-OC and/or passing game coordinator. We chose not to. We'll see how that plays out.

WhiskeyPirate
01-06-2023, 01:31 PM

What a lying shill, is that you Rosebowl ?

Carrying water for this cluster fuc* ?

Lol

NCDawg
01-06-2023, 01:32 PM

I never understood the dislike for Spurrier. What was his problem? He comes from a good background- Dad being a Heisman trophy winner. Leach obviously liked him- he came with Leach from WSU.

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 01:34 PM
I never understood the dislike for Spurrier. What was his problem? He comes from a good background- Dad being a Heisman trophy winner. Leach obviously liked him- he came with Leach from WSU.

He's been coaching for over 20 years and has never had play calling duties. He's not Steve Sr. Nowhere close. And Leach brought the entire staff. He didn't just bring the offensive guys, he brought everyone. Leach valued loyalty over anything else.

Really Clark?
01-06-2023, 01:38 PM
I'm saying we could have kept him and had the opportunity to do so. We could have made him co-OC and/or passing game coordinator. We chose not to. We'll see how that plays out.

I just don't see how that works under a defensive HC. Usually you do the Co-OC thing under a HC that's a offensive guy. If you bringing in an OC he is going to be the OC and having to attach someone else as a Co-OC would be a tough sell. But I agree it does depend on how it plays out.

Really Clark?
01-06-2023, 01:38 PM
What a lying shill, is that you Rosebowl ?

Carrying water for this cluster fuc* ?

Lol

Nope

Really Clark?
01-06-2023, 01:40 PM
He's been coaching for over 20 years and has never had play calling duties. He's not Steve Sr. Nowhere close. And Leach brought the entire staff. He didn't just bring the offensive guys, he brought everyone. Leach valued loyalty over anything else.

Honestly I believe he will ended doing what he did here for Wilson. Be his eyes in the box. Hopefully he will have success there.

NCDawg
01-06-2023, 01:46 PM

You may be right, but then again maybe he never got the chance. I didn't think he did a bad job calling plays in the bowl game.

confucius say
01-06-2023, 01:49 PM
I just don't see how that works under a defensive HC. Usually you do the Co-OC thing under a HC that's an offensive guy. If you bringing in an OC he is going to be the OC and having to attach someone else as a Co-OC would be a tough sell. But I agree it does depend on how it plays out.

Maybe it's different, but Dan was an offensive guy and had co-DC. This would be a defensive guy having co-OC.

If you can land a very good OC then great. But if you can't we may regret losing Drew.

WhiskeyPirate
01-06-2023, 01:52 PM
Maybe it's different, but Dan was an offensive guy and had co-DC. This would be a defensive guy having co-OC.

If you can land a very good OC then great. But if you can't we may regret losing Drew.

Hollingshead signed all three qbs, four stars. There was no reason to fire him. This whole thing is nuts.

Desoto1967
01-06-2023, 01:55 PM
Hollingshead signed all three qbs, four stars. There was no reason to fire him. This whole thing is nuts.

Hollingshead is now OC at Western Kentucky. Wonder how many of those QBs end up there?

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 01:58 PM

But we had to bring in Chad remember? And folks you can say all day that Bumphis was brought to replace Spurrier, but Hollingshead was collateral damage because there's no place on staff for him. The OC is gonna be the QB coach out of all likelihood. The problem is now we're gonna lose Mason, who is a good recruiter and an AMAZING O Line coach, and Jason Washington, who is The Portal King.

This offensive staff that we're assembling is gonna make Sylvester Croom's last staff look like the 49ers staff.

WhiskeyPirate
01-06-2023, 02:02 PM
But we had to bring in Chad remember? And folks you can say all day that Bumphis was brought to replace Spurrier, but Hollingshead was collateral damage because there's no place on staff for him. The OC is gonna be the QB coach out of all likelihood. The problem is now we're gonna lose Mason, who is a good recruiter and an AMAZING O Line coach, and Jason Washington, who is The Portal King.

This offensive staff that we're assembling is gonna make Sylvester Croom's last staff look like the 49ers staff.

You are on the money sir.

1000% correct.

Only the fools can’t see the iceberg up ahead.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-06-2023, 02:04 PM

Our offense wasn't good under Leach. Why is everyone so worried about the replacement.

msstate7
01-06-2023, 02:06 PM
Our offense wasn't good under Leach. Why is everyone so worried about the replacement.

I agree with the sentiment, but if it's bobo, I'm gonna really question arnett

Coach34
01-06-2023, 02:06 PM

Hollingshead wasn’t fired. He was told he would not be OC. So he looked for other jobs and found one. You don’t think he found an OC job in just 48 hours huh?

WhiskeyPirate
01-06-2023, 02:07 PM
Hollingshead is now OC at Western Kentucky. Wonder how many of those QBs end up there?

None, the qbs we signed are all really good. TCU will get Sawyer. Locke is most talented qb Leach ever signed, he will be a star somewhere. parson is not going to stick around for this, his dad wants him in a pass first system.

Lol, this is beyond insane. Look for the receivers to hit the portal soon. They see the writing on the wall.

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 02:08 PM

Well first off, if the hire is Mike Bobo or Jim Chaney our offense will look like it did under Croom. Except worse. Secondly, we have torpedoed the staff of all good recruiters on the offensive side of the ball.

I can promise you if thought we were bad under Leach, then just wait til one of those bozos is calling the plays. It will make you physically ill.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-06-2023, 02:12 PM
Is someone reliable saying Bobo or Chaney or is it Robertson again?

WhiskeyPirate
01-06-2023, 02:13 PM
Well first off, if the hire is Mike Bobo or Jim Chaney our offense will look like it did under Croom. Except worse. Secondly, we have torpedoed the staff of all good recruiters on the offensive side of the ball.

I can promise you if thought we were bad under Leach, then just wait til one of those bozos is calling the plays. It will make you physically ill.

Yes, and the fired coaches all recruited these players and developed a relationship,with them, especially the out of state kids. None of this was well thought out. Really insane for this to go on at a sec level program. I wonder if Arnett is this dumb or if the boosters are just telling him what to do. An adult better grab the reins here real soon.

I look for Parson to announce he’s opening up his recruitment any day now, you are going to see several receivers leave.

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 02:14 PM
Is someone reliable saying Bobo or Chaney or is it Robertson again?

It's still Rosebowl so I hope he's wrong again. He seems to be doubling down almost on it though. He's in no way refuted Bobo or Chaney. And has hinted that we'll announce a position coach hire today that will probably tip us off to who the OC is going to be.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-06-2023, 02:17 PM
So I guess if we don't see a hire today we will know he was full of it once again.

msstate7
01-06-2023, 02:21 PM
While Rosebowl was wrong, he did break KB being extended with ark. He obviously got someone close giving him info

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Lol well maybe he can go work for Arkansas 247.

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 02:26 PM
While Rosebowl was wrong, he did break KB being extended with ark. He obviously got someone close giving him info

Yes. Jimmy Sexton.

confucius say
01-06-2023, 03:02 PM
I'd rather have kept miller and hollingshead as co-OC than bobo

NCDawg
01-06-2023, 04:56 PM
None, the qbs we signed are all really good. TCU will get Sawyer. Locke is most talented qb Leach ever signed, he will be a star somewhere. parson is not going to stick around for this, his dad wants him in a pass first system.

Lol, this is beyond insane. Look for the receivers to hit the portal soon. They see the writing on the wall.

Wow. Just when things were looking so good, now they're looking terrible. Such is the fate of a MS State fan.