PDA

View Full Version : Go get Hatcher

Spiderman
01-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Offer same deal as Briles

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2023, 08:08 PM

Hell no. If you hire him, and I pray to God we don't, you offer him a third or a fourth of what you were going to pay Kendall. 500K-750K will get it done. He'd crawl on broken glass to come to Starkville. Don't negotiate against ourselves.

Patrick Tibbons
01-05-2023, 08:12 PM
Does Hatcher call his own plays at Samford? I see he?s never been an OC

State82
01-05-2023, 08:13 PM

No reason to throw a mil plus into the crapper.

ScoobaDawg
01-05-2023, 08:13 PM
Hell no.

mparkerfd20
01-05-2023, 08:14 PM
I'd just assume hire Spurrier Jr. than Hatcher. About the same.

Really Clark?
01-05-2023, 08:17 PM
No way you hire Hatcher at that money

Spiderman
01-05-2023, 08:19 PM

you'd be bad wrong

Dawgface
01-05-2023, 08:22 PM

Me too. Spurrier can be told to modify the AR. He should have enough knowledge of offenses to do this. But there must be some behind the scenes problems with him as none of the guys here who are apparently close to the situation like him. And Arnett didn't immediately go to him so there must be something to it. Would love to know more tho.

mparkerfd20
01-05-2023, 08:23 PM
you'd be bad wrong
Dude has literally never even been an OC. No different at all.

RocketDawg
01-05-2023, 08:26 PM
Why is Hatcher so attractive to some?

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2023, 08:28 PM

Because he's Air Raid. That's it.

Commercecomet24
01-05-2023, 08:30 PM
Because he's Air Raid. That's it.

Yeah there's better options out there.

Tough Dawg
01-05-2023, 08:31 PM
No. Hell no.

Really Clark?
01-05-2023, 08:32 PM
Ok I know some won't like this but we are not hiring a HC and he may want the year off. But Scott Frost is sitting at the house and his offenses prior to his HC stint at Neb were very good. Oregon and UCF. 2013 3rd scoring, 2014 5th 2015 5th 2016 66th (126 year before at UCF) 2017 1st nationally

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 08:34 PM

You haven't read Hatcher's bio apparently.

ScooterDog
01-05-2023, 08:35 PM
What about Jim Svobada, OC at Tulane. Any interest in South Dakota or North DStates OC. They play this week end for championship,

bulldawg28
01-05-2023, 08:35 PM

Bro you've been m.i.a for 2 years.

Todd4State
01-05-2023, 08:42 PM

I honestly think that might be for the best for now.

Todd4State
01-05-2023, 08:44 PM

For me he would be a good short term option. We have a veteran team coming back. His offense would be easier for the players to transition to- and at the same time he has some wrinkles that Leach didn't have. He did more things with tempo, uses a Tight end and etc.

Todd4State
01-05-2023, 08:45 PM
Me too. Spurrier can be told to modify the AR. He should have enough knowledge of offenses to do this. But there must be some behind the scenes problems with him as none of the guys here who are apparently close to the situation like him. And Arnett didn't immediately go to him so there must be something to it. Would love to know more tho.

We burned the Spurrier bridge to the ground. It's not like we lit it up at the Outback Bowl.

Tough Dawg
01-05-2023, 08:46 PM
Scott needs more time off to get his shit together.

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2023, 08:49 PM
Ok I know some won't like this but we are not hiring a HC and he may want the year off. But Scott Frost is sitting at the house and his offenses prior to his HC stint at Neb were very good. Oregon and UCF. 2013 3rd scoring, 2014 5th 2015 5th 2016 66th (126 year before at UCF) 2017 1st nationally

Adding him to the Hot Board. I actually love that idea.

bulldawg28
01-05-2023, 08:49 PM
For me he would be a good short term option. We have a veteran team coming back. His offense would be easier for the players to transition to- and at the same time he has some wrinkles that Leach didn't have. He did more things with tempo, uses a Tight end and etc.

You don't hire coaches to knowingly fire them

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2023, 08:52 PM

I'd love to see that conversation go down. CZA " So you were like our 6th choice and we're not retaining you, but go call plays and recruit for us for a year."

Turfdawg67
01-05-2023, 08:52 PM

Did you watch the bowl game?? You are looking and 4-5 wins next year. Hell No!

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2023, 08:55 PM
Did you watch the bowl game?? You are looking and 4-5 wins next year. Hell No!

You're not looking at many more with Hatcher. Everyone b****ing and complaining about our offense will be saying the same thing. Hatcher is as close to pure air raid as you can get. Also if we hire anyone from this staff it needs to be Mason Miller.

State82
01-05-2023, 08:58 PM
Also if we hire anyone from this staff it needs to be Mason Miller.

Yes, if the only choice was someone presently on staff, he would definitely be it.

bulldawg28
01-05-2023, 09:08 PM
I'd love to see that conversation go down. CZA " So you were like our 6th choice and we're not retaining you, but go call plays and recruit for us for a year."

Exactly

Dawgface
01-05-2023, 09:34 PM
We burned the Spurrier bridge to the ground. It's not like we lit it up at the Outback Bowl.

No but we didn't have a modified AR that we all want too. One could argue his hands were somewhat handcuffed. But it doesn't matter......sounds like the bridge was burned anyway.

Turfdawg67
01-05-2023, 09:46 PM
No but we didn't have a modified AR that we all want too. One could argue his hands were somewhat handcuffed. But it doesn't matter......sounds like the bridge was burned anyway.

I was so ready to see a modified, electric AR from Spurrier... instead we got the same ole sh*tty offense we see anytime we play a defense with a pulse. Or one that just defends 10 yards past the LOS.

EdwardDrayton
01-05-2023, 09:48 PM

No no no to both.

Goldendawg
01-05-2023, 10:07 PM
I was so ready to see a modified, electric AR from Spurrier... instead we got the same ole sh*tty offense we see anytime we play a defense with a pulse. Or one that just defends 10 yards past the LOS.

Scary thought. It's all we can run, occasionally successfully with our present skill players/QB for a quarter and a half or two most every game except OOC.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2023, 11:33 PM

Bc his offenses consistently score. About beat us under the great Mullen. Dont let this place fool you. Would be a good hire.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2023, 11:34 PM

Spurrier is a good dude and a great recruiter. But he has a reputation for struggling for knowing all the xs and os for an entire offense

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2023, 11:37 PM
Bc his offenses consistently score. About beat us under the great Mullen. Dont let this place fool you. Would be a good hire.

Peter Sirmon was the DC when they "about beat us". Just remember that. And against superior competition his teams have had trouble consistently scoring. He may end up being a good hire, but I don't see it. And judging by the fact that no one has even reached out to him yet it doesn't seem like I'm the only one that doesn't see it.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 11:41 PM

If we were going to hire from within, Mason Miller would have been more qualified. He has actually had experience as an OC and HC.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2023, 11:41 PM
Peter Sirmon was the DC when they "about beat us". Just remember that. And against superior competition his teams have had trouble consistently scoring. He may end up being a good hire, but I don't see it. And judging by the fact that no one has even reached out to him yet it doesn't seem like I'm the only one that doesn't see it.

We had a vastly superior team to them and they scored 42 points on us. Most teams struggle to score against superior competition. This isnt a video game

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 11:46 PM

I can't understand the negatism on Hatcher either . His offense is fine. Where Samford has been hurting is on the defensive side. Cole Cubelic even said in the beginning that CZA should head east and grab Hatcher.

trojandawg
01-05-2023, 11:51 PM
Scott may be with saban next year as an analyst

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 11:51 PM

Yeah I agree. I couldn't understand the short term option comment and how does anybody know he wouldn't be successful here?

Todd4State
01-06-2023, 12:46 AM

I was thinking more like retire than fire.

Todd4State
01-06-2023, 12:48 AM

He did the same thing to Florida a few years later when they had Grantham.

Todd4State
01-06-2023, 12:49 AM

The way I see it is he got his chance to show what he could do and that was it and so we can move in a different direction fair or not.

Spiderman
01-06-2023, 09:51 AM
Bro you've been m.i.a for 2 years.

yep, and all the one's screaming no to Hatcher were screaming no to leach back when i was active and promoting Leach.

MrCoachKlein
01-06-2023, 10:31 AM

Seems like Heupel and Kelly were the masterminds of those offenses though.

Really Clark?
01-06-2023, 10:37 AM
Seems like Heupel and Kelly were the masterminds of those offenses though.

Scott called the plays and evolved Oregon scheme and developed it for UCF.

bulldawg28
01-06-2023, 10:40 AM
yep, and all the one's screaming no to Hatcher were screaming no to leach back when i was active and promoting Leach.

Leach was meh

MrCoachKlein
01-06-2023, 10:54 AM
Hatcher GA Southern:

Not there in 06 & 10

PPG 22.2
Yds 3635

PPG 36.82
YDS 4926

PPG 30.64
YDS 4070

PPG 17.6
YDS 2756

PPG 27.53
YDS 5189

Murray St - there 2010-14

PPG 18.2
YDS 2531

PPG 36.1
YDS 4947

PPG 37.1
YDS 5070

PPG 39.2
YDS 5328

PPG 29.8
YDS 4783

PPG 36.6
YDS 5620

PPG 30.5
YDS 5127

Samford - there 15-22

PPG 32.7
YDS 4392

PPG 34.64
YDS 5277

PPG 35.08
YDS 5354

PPG 28
YDS 4960

PPG 38.45
YDS 5639

PPG 32.25
YDS 4844

PPG 40.29
YDS 3597 (COVID YEAR ONLY 7 GAMES)
YPG 513.9

PPG 37.91
YDS 4936

PPG 32.77
YDS 5651

Seems like he improved offense where he went. A bit of a mixed bag though. I should've done YPG instead of total yards.

Spiderman
01-06-2023, 12:38 PM
Leach was meh

Yeah, he only built a stable program on the upswing and won 9 games.

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 12:40 PM
If you're one of the people who are clamoring to run the ball more and be more balanced then Chris Hatcher is not who you'll want to hire. He throws it about as much as Leach. As I've said a few times, he's as close to pure Air Raid as they come.

Really Clark?
01-06-2023, 12:43 PM
If you're one of the people who are clamoring to run the ball more and be more balanced then Chris Hatcher is not who you'll want to hire. He throws it about as much as Leach. As I've said a few times, he's as close to pure Air Raid as they come.

Very true

RiverCityDawg
01-06-2023, 01:16 PM

Hatcher was about 55% pass / 45% run this year, so pretty balanced. Uses a tight end, tighter OL splits, runs a very fast tempo, and incorporates RPO's. Also adjusts his offense to the QB's strength. Their backup was a really mobile guy so he used QB power a bunch with him when their starter when down in the playoffs this year.

Maybe as close or closest to Leach than some others because he is very much an air raid system guy, but still very different from the "pure" version of it Leach ran. He does pretty much all the things our fans have been asking for over the last 3 years.

confucius say
01-06-2023, 01:21 PM

We need an nfl qb and to be a heavy pass team. More margin for error. Ability to come from behind. Leach beat more ranked teams in 3 years than anybody in our history. And did it with a qb whose skill set is average.

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 01:23 PM
We need an nfl qb and to be a heavy pass team. More margin for error. Ability to come from behind. Leach beat more ranked teams in 3 years than anybody in our history. And did it with a qb whose skill set is average.

Those don't grow on trees and they sure as hell don't grow in Mississippi. You have to recruit Texas, Florida, California to find guys like that. And unfortunately we don't recruit those areas well at all. And are best recruiters in those areas are no longer on staff.

confucius say
01-06-2023, 01:36 PM
Those don't grow on trees and they sure as hell don't grow in Mississippi. You have to recruit Texas, Florida, California to find guys like that. And unfortunately we don't recruit those areas well at all. And are best recruiters in those areas are no longer on staff.

Im not saying an nfl all pro like Dak or even a starter. But a guy who is good enough to make a roster. A lot of those guys exists. Just a minshew type. Nick *******. Austin Davis. Etc...

Spiderman
01-06-2023, 01:38 PM

Actually he belives very much in running the ball. In fact he has a power play that many have copied. Fun fact, he gave Kirby Smart his 1st job, and Sonny dykes was his GA at Kentucky. His own quote is you have to be able to run and play defense to win a championship.

Too many people don't throughly research people before spouting opinions.

Spiderman
01-06-2023, 01:38 PM
Hatcher was about 55% pass / 45% run this year, so pretty balanced. Uses a tight end, tighter OL splits, runs a very fast tempo, and incorporates RPO's. Also adjusts his offense to the QB's strength. Their backup was a really mobile guy so he used QB power a bunch with him when their starter when down in the playoffs this year.

Maybe as close or closest to Leach than some others because he is very much an air raid system guy, but still very different from the "pure" version of it Leach ran. He does pretty much all the things our fans have been asking for over the last 3 years.

yep

Really Clark?
01-06-2023, 01:41 PM
Actually he belives very much in running the ball. In fact he has a power play that many have copied. Fun fact, he gave Kirby Smart his 1st job, and Sonny dykes was his GA at Kentucky. His own quote is you have to be able to run and play defense to win a championship.

Will Muschamp too

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 01:43 PM
Actually he belives very much in running the ball. In fact he has a power play that many have copied. Fun fact, he gave Kirby Smart his 1st job, and Sonny dykes was his GA at Kentucky. Disown quote is you have to be able to run and play defense to win a championship.

He didn't hire Kirby, Will did. And Sonny was Mike and Hal's GA. Hatcher was a GA with him. Now he may believe in running the ball, but he doesn't do it very well. He had the 81st ranked rushing offense in FCS this year. Not exactly lighting it up. But look at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Cause we ain't hiring him. We haven't even talked to him. Cole Cubelic can push him all day long, but Zach has had no conversations with him about the OC job. And look, as big of a s***show as this is becoming I'd take him. I don't think he'd be a good hire. But we could and may end up doing worse.

662dawg
01-06-2023, 02:18 PM
Sounds like they're throwing Mike Bobo's name out there so we can be ecstatic again once we get Hatcher or a Hatcher type haha... I hope this is why Bobo is being mentioned lol

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 02:19 PM
Sounds like they're throwing Mike Bobo's name out there so we can be ecstatic again once we get Hatcher or a Hatcher type haha... I hope this is why Bobo is being mentioned lol

At this point I'm with you.

Spiderman
01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
He didn't hire Kirby, Will did. And Sonny was Mike and Hal's GA. Hatcher was a GA with him. Now he may believe in running the ball, but he doesn't do it very well. He had the 81st ranked rushing offense in FCS this year. Not exactly lighting it up. But look at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Cause we ain't hiring him. We haven't even talked to him. Cole Cubelic can push him all day long, but Zach has had no conversations with him about the OC job. And look, as big of a s***show as this is becoming I'd take him. I don't think he'd be a good hire. But we could and may end up doing worse.

Hatcher was the HC, he hired him. Dykes was offensive GA who lived with and worked in the same office as Hatcher who was the QB coach. He says himself hatcher pretty much taught him everything.

Research isn't hard

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 02:37 PM
Hatcher was the HC, he hired him. Dykes was offensive GA who lived with and worked in the same office as Hatcher who was the QB coach. He says himself hatcher pretty much taught him everything.

Research isn't hard

Great. I don't give a flying f***. Hire him. He'll look like Lincoln Riley compared to these candidates.

662dawg
01-06-2023, 03:01 PM
At this point I'm with you.

I actually really like Hatcher. I wasn't ever on the Briles train.

confucius say
01-06-2023, 03:03 PM

Hatcher > BoBo

confucius say
01-06-2023, 03:04 PM
I actually really like Hatcher. I wasn't ever on the Briles train.

Same

StarkVegasSteve
01-06-2023, 03:10 PM
Hatcher > BoBo

Me calling plays on NCAA 14>Bobo

bobcat91
01-06-2023, 04:14 PM
I wanted Hatcher before we even spoke to Briles. I'll crawl through hell with gas cans to hire him before we get Bobo.

Dawgtini
01-06-2023, 05:24 PM

Exactly. Some just see "Samford" and think "get Ohio State's guy, they must be good". Hatcher has been a HC for 23+ years. He would be a great hire as OC.

Dawgtini
01-06-2023, 05:27 PM

#FACTS

Schultzy
01-06-2023, 06:24 PM
I’m worried if we don’t hire the right guy StarkVegasSteve’s universe is going to collapse on itself.

yjnkdawg
01-06-2023, 08:38 PM

Actually Hatcher hired Kirby and Will both. He hired Muschamp as his DC at Valdosta.

Maverick91
01-06-2023, 09:13 PM
Me calling plays on NCAA 14>Bobo

Have some rep

CadaverDawg
01-06-2023, 11:14 PM
I'd rather have Hatcher's house cat as OC over Mike Bobo, so sign Hatcher up right tf now if he will take it

Todd4State
01-07-2023, 01:00 AM

Nah. We'll end up with some young up and comer. No idea who.

Hard to pay 2 million for an elite coordinator when the head coach is making 3 million in my opinion.

This staff is resembling something our fans would put together in a message board post honestly. Looks like our boosters are giving a lot of input to Arnett from the outside looking in.

dawgday166
01-07-2023, 01:09 AM

Research isn't hard

Good to see ya back for a little bit. I imagine you'll disappear again after all this drama plays out tho LOL.