PDA

View Full Version : At this point with KB

Msujd164
01-05-2023, 03:17 PM
If the earlier presumption was correct, that we have offered around 2 million, with the time that has went by since then, and the back-and-forth game that Sexton plays, I genuinely hope we are not trying to go north of that number. If we are spending over that, we better be throwing it at Riley after Tuesday.

Cooterpoot
01-05-2023, 03:21 PM
Our HC makes $3M. We aren't evenly likely offering $2M. That's probably the ceiling. And we won't win a bidding war. We fold like a terrible poker player. Either it's about numbers or staff. The longer this goes, the less shot we've got. Have to hope it's done and he's getting his staff together or we're probably looking elsewhere real fast.

DownwardDawg
01-05-2023, 03:22 PM
My opinion is that we probably made that offer and haven't raised. His agent is working Arkansas for more money.
If he takes our offer, then Arkansas didn't bite. But this is what Sexton does.

TheLostDawg
01-05-2023, 03:27 PM
Our HC makes $3M. We aren't evenly likely offering $2M. That's probably the ceiling. And we won't win a bidding war. We fold like a terrible poker player. Either it's about numbers or staff. The longer this goes, the less shot we've got. Have to hope it's done and he's getting his staff together or we're probably looking elsewhere real fast.

Could it be that it's a package deal and have to come up with so much money to bring assistance with him, etc. Long shot but curious

BulldogDX55
01-05-2023, 03:29 PM

We gave Leach $5m. There's plenty of money in the bucket. The only reason we wouldn't raise it to get the best is if for some reason Arnett took having an OC making only X amount less than him as an insult.

My opinion is that we probably made that offer and haven't raised. His agent is working Arkansas for more money.
If he takes our offer, then Arkansas didn't bite. But this is what Sexton does.

As much as he makes being an impatient fan aggravating as hell, you gotta admit that Sexton is the best in the business.

Really Clark?
01-05-2023, 03:30 PM
There could also be a buyout reason and if it would be going down after a certain day. He signed an extension last year and it was reported on in March. But there were mentions that the agreement was reached in Jan to keep him in Ark instead of going to Miami.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 03:31 PM
If we offered him over $2 million then he could be the highest paid assistant coach in college football or at least in the top 3 highest paid. If ARK wants to keep him we can't out bid them in a bidding war. We need to hope that he likes having total control over the offense on how he wants to run it, etc. (At ARK he doesn't) and/or he he is just ready to get away from Pittman.

Cooterpoot
01-05-2023, 03:33 PM
There could also be a buyout reason and if it would be going down after a certain day. He signed an extension last year and it was reported on in March. But there were mentions that the agreement was reached in Jan to keep him in Ark instead of going to Miami.

There's rumor there for sure. But I have my doubts. On the other hand, some folks are real confident.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 03:35 PM
Could it be that it's a package deal and have to come up with so much money to bring assistance with him, etc. Long shot but curious

Rumor was that he might want to bring one assistant coach with him and that would be Jimmy Smith is running back coach.

TheLostDawg
01-05-2023, 03:37 PM
Arkansas might be putting out feelers if pittman is disgruntled with KB before they move on

Commercecomet24

I just heard about this today and if true we could save some bucks by just being a little more patient. Have to see how it plays out.

yjnkdawg

ARK poster on SECRant said he turned down $2 million from Miami. ( can't verify that but what was said)

KOdawg1
01-05-2023, 03:39 PM
I'm gonna operate under the assumption that he's staying and I'll be pleasantly surprised if he comes.

Johns from Duke seems like a more realistic candidate at this point

Anonymous
01-05-2023, 03:40 PM
We gave Leach $5m. There's plenty of money in the bucket. The only reason we wouldn't raise it to get the best is if for some reason Arnett took having an OC making only X amount less than him as an insult.

As much as he makes being an impatient fan aggravating as hell, you gotta admit that Sexton is the best in the business.

We have some money, but a good bit went to Arnett, and a good bit will go to the OC. If you go beyond last years budget, that?s probably a decision you want your next AD involved to make. Not saying it?s the case, but I could absolutely see us having to work around the existing budget as a ceiling. Raising it would probably need to be discussed with the incoming AD and complicates things, and would take more time than standard negotiations.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 03:44 PM
Arkansas might be putting out feelers if pittman is disgruntled with KB before they move on

On the South Carolina Board a few days ago, they were concerned that if KB took our job that Pittman may be coming after their OC, Dowell Loggains. This was not just posters posting this but an actual story post by a Mod. Also said some of the ARK players and coaches weren't too happy with Pittman right now.

Coursesuper
01-05-2023, 03:45 PM
I just heard about this today and if true we could save some bucks by just being a little more patient. Have to see how it plays out.

Patience is required here for sure.

Really Clark?
01-05-2023, 03:45 PM
ARK poster on SECRant said he turned down $2 million from Miami. ( can't verify that but what was said)

More like what he got as an extension. He didn't turn down double his $1 MIL salary at Ark. As soon as the offer was made it was reported that they were working on a deal to keep and extend him. That deal was for $1.2 MIL this year.

TheLostDawg
01-05-2023, 03:51 PM
On the South Carolina Board a few days ago, they were concerned that if KB took our job that Pittman may be coming after their OC, Dowell Loggains. This was not just posters posting this but an actual story post by a Mod. Also said some of the ARK players and coaches weren't too happy with Pittman right now.

https://razorbackswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/13/arkansas-football-south-carolina-football-dowell-loggains-offensive-coordinator/

What kind of offense does he run

TheLostDawg
01-05-2023, 03:53 PM
https://www.wyff4.com/article/south-carolina-hires-dowell-loggains-as-offensive-coordinator/42229738

Pro style

Really Clark?
01-05-2023, 03:58 PM
https://razorbackswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/13/arkansas-football-south-carolina-football-dowell-loggains-offensive-coordinator/

What kind of offense does he run

Mix of different philosophies. He came from the NFL prior to Ark. He does speak of tempo, space and pace that he incorporated from Briles. RPO's and what the QB and OL do well

Maverick91
01-05-2023, 05:05 PM
I say we hold out for Kliff kingsbury? he is all but fired after this weekend, we will need work.

Edit: dude is not a head coach but he is a good OC.

MagicDawg
01-05-2023, 05:10 PM
Unconfirmed but...
https://twitter.com/Jegreenwood1/status/1611121127606177798?t=og9EbTS1DBUE88FihWtECw&s=19

Could be utter BS.

ScooterDog
01-05-2023, 05:12 PM
Let's just hope that Plan B's OC doesn't have Sexton as its agent.

Maverick91
01-05-2023, 05:17 PM
Unconfirmed but...
https://twitter.com/Jegreenwood1/status/1611121127606177798?t=og9EbTS1DBUE88FihWtECw&s=19

Could be utter BS.

Lol if unconfirmed was a Twitter account, he gets the win!

Homedawg
01-05-2023, 05:20 PM
I say we hold out for Kliff kingsbury? he is all but fired after this weekend, we will need work.

Edit: dude is not a head coach but he is a good OC.

Kk isn't coming here to be the OC...

Desoto1967
01-05-2023, 05:34 PM
In a kitchen in North West Arkansas, Briles is seeing just how loud Jimmy Sexton can shout "Show ME the Money" into his phone as I type this

parabrave
01-05-2023, 05:58 PM
Unconfirmed but...

Could be utter BS.

Until the time a OC is sitting with ZA at the podium wearing a MSU>State pullover everything is Internet BullshiT.

Coursesuper
01-05-2023, 06:07 PM
Until the time a OC is sitting with ZA at the podium wearing a MSU>State pullover everything is Internet BullshiT.

Welp, that ain?t gonna happen, these guys will put out a statement after legit media gets it out first, then the guy will get and go to work.

MagicDawg
01-05-2023, 06:11 PM
I tried to frame it with the appropriate disclaimer. Just seemed a subject of continuing interest.

I have no interest in being first or best or scooping anyone on breaking news, so I'll leave you all to keep tabs on your own searches -- no worries! :)

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 06:16 PM
Welp, that ain?t gonna happen, these guys will put out a statement after legit media gets it out first, then the guy will get and go to work.

I don't see a press conference either. We have recruits coming in tomorrow.

Commercecomet24
01-05-2023, 06:19 PM

Yep

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 07:04 PM
Too much inconsistencies on this..............One says we scored ( and he has been right before in the past) and then another ( very conservative on this) says we basically are waiting to see if the PI in the end zone will be confirmed and we may still possibly score. Hmmm I think I will go with the we scored and it hasn't been put on the scoreboard yet.

Cooterpoot
01-05-2023, 07:22 PM
Warm up those OC want lists

State82
01-05-2023, 07:25 PM
Gotta give him credit. Zach has WAY more patience than me.

msstate7
01-05-2023, 07:26 PM

Lol, bout right

Tough Dawg
01-05-2023, 07:26 PM
Figured this was coming. 17.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 07:31 PM
DELETE

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 07:32 PM

Hatcher's name has been floating around again, but don't know if it is going to make a landing. The KB deal was supposedly to have been a done deal, but it looks like a done deal is only after you have the signature.

KOdawg1
01-05-2023, 07:33 PM
We got played.

Maybe we'll remember this next time Steve gets everyone's hopes up.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 07:33 PM
Gotta give him credit. Zach has WAY more patience than me.

He's definitely trying hard.

Activated Alpha
01-05-2023, 07:38 PM
Wonder what our record is now for the rumor mill. Kiffin to AU was a done deal; now AB to State was a done deal. I'm starting to just get annoyed of Sexton every year due to the coaching changes. Not even annoyed with the coaches, but just Sexton. Like retire already

State82
01-05-2023, 07:45 PM
My take on this is, if you have to think and waffle around about making this kind of change for this long and this hard, probably better stay where you are presently employed.

ZedFedder
01-05-2023, 07:49 PM
State will be fine. Go get Johns or Hatcher.

msstate7
01-05-2023, 07:52 PM
My take on this is, if you have to think and waffle around about making this kind of change for this long and this hard, probably better stay where you are presently employed.

He got the raise and extension, which is exactly what he set out to get. We were wasting time chasing a dream

RisperDawg
01-05-2023, 07:58 PM
He got the raise and extension, which is exactly what he set out to get. We were wasting time chasing a dream

I wouldn't paint it so negatively. We sowed internal discord for our division rival and made them shell out. I was happy when Auburn did it to OM. I'm glad we did it to them. Lol.

I also doubt we were sitting on our hands with plan B while this was playing out.

Really Clark?
01-05-2023, 07:58 PM

Can I ask what time was wasted really? Have we missed out on someone who was also high on our list? Kentucky still doesn't have an OC and they guy they were "hiring" weeks ago is waffling. TAM had weeks before us and just made their hire. Ten just today hired their guy, and he was just promoted from within. Alex left 12/3. Not the same since it's Huepal running the offense I know but still. All of these schools had more time than we did.

Cooterpoot
01-05-2023, 08:00 PM
State will be fine. Go get Johns or Hatcher.

Neither of those are that good compared to Briles. Just because their names got tossed out there is the only reason they even get mentioned. Johns wasnt as good as Norvell and Hatcher has never done it at this level. We're on our third choice now, so it's likely Hatcher or the like. Back to square one. I'm going to hit some bourbon now. At least we saved the money I guess.

msstate7
01-05-2023, 08:23 PM
Can I ask what time was wasted really? Have we missed out on someone who was also high on our list? Kentucky still doesn't have an OC and they guy they were "hiring" weeks ago is waffling. TAM had weeks before us and just made their hire. Ten just today hired their guy, and he was just promoted from within. Alex left 12/3. Not the same since it's Huepal running the offense I know but still. All of these schools had more time than we did.

Kentucky and aTm have established coaches, so they can wait longer than we can. Kentucky pulled a big time qb and rb out the portal. I have a hard time seeing us get anyone with only 1 offensive coach in place. We (hardcore fans) don't even know what we're gonna do offensively much less recruits/transfers

Cooterpoot
01-05-2023, 08:24 PM
We can't even get an AD hired in two months.

Really Clark?
01-05-2023, 08:26 PM
Kentucky and aTm have established coaches, so they can wait longer than we can. Kentucky pulled a big time qb and rb out the portal. I have a hard time seeing us get anyone with only 1 offensive coach in place. We (hardcore fans) don't even know what we're gonna do offensively much less recruits/transfers

And yet they have had longer and still haven't or just hired a guy. I understand your point but it's not like ZA hasn't already been working on this...besides just Briles. And that communication was reciprocated by Briles. He had to go down this path, no matter the outcome.

Turfdawg67
01-05-2023, 08:34 PM
And yet they have had longer and still haven't or just hired a guy. I understand your point but it's not like ZA hasn't already been working on this...besides just Briles. And that communication was reciprocated by Briles. He had to go down this path, no matter the outcome.

It seems we put all our eggs in one basket and now we go back to the #2 or #3 with our tails between our legs. And they'll be sitting there with their feet propped up saying, "You offered KB $2M, eh? Well, that's not what we were discussing, now was it..."

**talk about projecting... lol

parabrave
01-05-2023, 08:39 PM
We got played.

Maybe we'll remember this next time Steve gets everyone's hopes up.

Yep we going to the Rose bowl next year,