PDA

View Full Version : Come on already. This is ridiculous. Where's our OC???

msudawglb
01-05-2023, 01:48 PM
This has gone on long enough. Who's going to be our OC? I get the feel (now) with how we announced Bumphis yesterday that this Briles talk was instigated by his agent. I was hopeful, but this has been on the boards now for 48 hours.

Really Clark?
01-05-2023, 01:50 PM
Jimbo just hired his yesterday and had weeks of an head start. We alright

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-05-2023, 01:51 PM
This has gone on long enough. Who's going to be our OC? I get the feel (now) with how we announced Bumphis yesterday that this Briles talk was instigated by his agent. I was hopeful, but this has been on the boards now for 48 hours.

The EliteDawgs premium subscribers already know.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 01:52 PM
Patience is a good virtue to have especially if you are trying to hire an OC from a SEC West School and Sexton is his agent. :)

mstatefan91
01-05-2023, 01:55 PM
Subscribe to ED Premium and you'll know what's going on. Only $4.99/month.

msstate7
01-05-2023, 01:57 PM
Jimbo just hired his yesterday and had weeks of an head start. We alright

They can $ell their program in way$ we can't. And jimbo is an offensive coach. I don't really think it's a good comparison. We only have a wr coach in place on our offensive staff during maybe the most pivotal time in college football now - transfer portal season.

I'm not saying we have to have an offensive staff in place by tomorrow, but it needs to be soon

Msujd164
01-05-2023, 02:02 PM
Agree. I believe the Briles ship is sailing away

MrCoachKlein
01-05-2023, 02:05 PM

Make checks payable to FTX*

Desoto1967
01-05-2023, 02:07 PM
You know KB wasn't our first choice, right? Right? Using Pine Box logic

Goldendawg
01-05-2023, 02:16 PM
Heard Les Kroenig, Bruce Ariens, Watson Brown, Woody McCorvey, and even JoMo might be available.*** As shown by some on this list, we need to get this right and as quickly as possible! Hail State!

Dawgface
01-05-2023, 02:19 PM
Heard Les Kroenig, Bruce Ariens, Watson Brown, Woody McCorvey, and even JoMo might be available.*** As shown by some on this list, we need to get this right and as quickly as possible! Hail State!

Don't forget Croom.

TrapGame
01-05-2023, 02:22 PM

Don't forget the free coffee.**

sandjunky
01-05-2023, 02:22 PM

I got a lifetime membership for only 99$ - even got an elite polo

Goldendawg
01-05-2023, 02:23 PM
Don't forget Croom.

Have been trying for years to forget Croom!

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2023, 02:25 PM
Have been trying for years to forget Croom!

And the people that still wear their Maroon Is All That Matters shirt just won't let us forget

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 02:33 PM
You know KB wasn't our first choice, right? Right? Using Pine Box logic

I don't think anybody actually knows who or was CZA's first choice other than him and a few close to him. I know he had said earlier in the year that KB's offense was the hardest offense to prepare for and face than any other offenses he had seen. And he had respect for KB's offense and KB had respect for his defense. Maybe he didn't know KB would have any interest in our position and then he found out he did. Regardless we are offering him a heck of a "lot" of money for being a third choice if that's actually the case.

Bdawg
01-05-2023, 03:02 PM
I don't think anybody actually knows who or was CZA's first choice other than him and a few close to him. I know he had said earlier in the year that KB's offense was the hardest offense to prepare for and face than any other offenses he had seen. And he had respect for KB's offense and KB had respect for his defense. Maybe he didn't know KB would have any interest in our position and then he found out he did. Regardless we are offering him a heck of a "lot" of money for being a third choice if that's actually the case.

Is 2 mil gunna get it?

Ari Gold
01-05-2023, 03:33 PM
We are waiting until Monday when KK gets canned from the Cardinals

msstate7
01-05-2023, 03:34 PM
We are waiting until Monday when KK gets canned from the Cardinals

I'd bite. Been hoping he's a saint OC, but here would work

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 06:34 PM
Is 2 mil gunna get it?

I would think so or ARK would win the bid. $2 million should be in the top 3 highest paid assistant coaches in college football. I don't know if we offered $2 million. I don't think anybody has the actual contract amount and specifics other than the ones involved in the negotiations.

BulldogDX55
01-05-2023, 07:29 PM
Do all of you impatient weirdos have literally nothing else going on in your lives? I get that fan is short for fanatic but a lot of you are starting to sound like a virgin on prom night.

IMissJack
01-05-2023, 07:53 PM
I?m beginning to think MSU has no one in charge anymore. Can we close on anything? It seems that we continue to lose staff to Cohen also.

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2023, 07:54 PM
I?m beginning to think MSU has no one in charge anymore. Can we close on anything?

The short answer.....NO.

The long answer.....F*** NO

msstate7
01-05-2023, 07:56 PM
My first impression when I heard we were after briles is we had no shot. My impression was right. We just wasted our time on a guy that had no intention on leaving

KOdawg1
01-05-2023, 07:57 PM
We really needed an OC by this weekend for recruiting purposes.

Already cost us a portal transfer. Hope we can move quick, but it's frustrating for sure.

Hatcher and Johns would be my next choices, but who knows what CZA is thinking?

State82
01-05-2023, 08:00 PM
but who knows what CZA is thinking?

He's probably thinking he's going to pull out all the stops to beat Arky's ass next season.

msstate7
01-05-2023, 08:00 PM
We really needed an OC by this weekend for recruiting purposes.

Already cost us a portal transfer. Hope we can move quick, but it's frustrating for sure.

Hatcher and Johns would be my next choices, but who knows what CZA is thinking?

Probably gonna chase another dream like riley. Help him get a great raise while we sit around waiting like a chump

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 08:05 PM
You don't finalize a legal contract and the other legal paper work until all parties have agreed on it to be signed. Don't know what happened but it he doesn't sign it then we really got played by Sexton and then ARK had to pay for it.

PikeDawg15
01-05-2023, 08:07 PM
I am officially entering the transfer portal

My top 3 are UGA , Alabama, and TCU

Turfdawg67
01-05-2023, 08:24 PM
He's probably thinking he's going to pull out all the stops to beat Arky's ass next season.

More projecting and conjecture. Like how the holdup is that KB is "probably negotiating to get his coaches good deals" or "I bet he's working to to bring KJ with him". No, that's all in your minds. No basis or facts at all... "Pulling out all stops to beat Briles' ass next season" is what you'd do. You have no clue what CZA is thinking. But then again, I guess this is what a message board is for...

State82
01-05-2023, 08:41 PM
But then again, I guess this is what a message board is for...
Or what levity and a little comedy is for. I don't have a 17ing clue what Zach is thinking. Have a drink, or some iced tea, or something. Lighten up. It'll be more fun.

Bdawg
01-05-2023, 08:46 PM
My first impression when I heard we were after briles is we had no shot. My impression was right. We just wasted our time on a guy that had no intention on leaving

This makes me mad at Briles. We could have met demands and he could have said no sooner I’m sure. But I’m sure Sexton told him to just sit there and watch me work, too.

EdwardDrayton
01-05-2023, 08:51 PM
Probably gonna chase another dream like riley. Help him get a great raise while we sit around waiting like a chump

Yep

Dawgface
01-05-2023, 08:52 PM
I am officially entering the transfer portal

My top 3 are UGA , Alabama, and TCU

I've always thought I should just declare myself a fan of whomever is the NC at the time. But I just can't cuddle up to bama. So I'll just live out my remaining days firing my slingshot at Goliath.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 08:53 PM
This makes me mad at Briles. We could have met demands and he could have said no sooner I’m sure. But I’m sure Sexton told him to just sit there and watch me work, too.

We met his demands.. There was a legal contract and MOU that all parties had agreed too waiting for him to sign. You don't do that until all parties have agreed. He just decided he would rather stay there and get his extension and raise than to make more money here and have full control of the offensive side of the ball. And Sexton may have wanted him to take our job because there was more money involved.

CaptainObvious
01-05-2023, 08:55 PM
We really are screwed now. We offered a guy $2 mill who stayed out for less. Now we have to offer also rans close to $2 mill or get caught with a wishbone OC

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2023, 09:01 PM
We really are screwed now. We offered a guy $2 mill who stayed out for less. Now we have to offer also rans close to $2 mill or get caught with a wishbone OC

No we don't. We can offer most guys between 800K-1.1 and get a solid candidate. And if we want to go cheap we can hire Chris Hatcher, He'd probably take it for 500K-750K. Now if we want to go big game hunting again then yes 2 mil and full control would have to be the offer.

Bdawg
01-05-2023, 09:02 PM
We met his demands.. There was a legal contract and MOU that all parties had agreed too waiting for him to sign. You don't do that until all parties have agreed. He just decided he would rather stay there and get his extension and raise than to make more money here and have full control of the offensive side of the ball. And Sexton may have wanted him to take our job because there was more money involved.

I worded that kinda bad. Guess I should have said when we met is his demands.

Bdawg
01-05-2023, 09:05 PM
No we don't. We can offer most guys between 800K-1.1 and get a solid candidate. And if we want to go cheap we can hire Chris Hatcher, He'd probably take it for 500K-750K. Now if we want to go big game hunting again then yes 2 mil and full control would have to be the offer.

Hell yes. Every negotiation is treated totally separate.

maroonmania
01-05-2023, 09:15 PM
Whatever, I knew KB wasn't coming when he wasn't announced yesterday.

Turfdawg67
01-05-2023, 09:36 PM
Whatever, I knew KB wasn't coming when he wasn't announced yesterday.

Because WAMS...

ETA: I puked a little in my mouth when I typed that.