PDA

View Full Version : What is the 247 board saying this morning

PikeDawg15
01-05-2023, 09:27 AM
About Briles and the OC search

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-05-2023, 09:29 AM
There are guys supposedly in the know most of the time, about 3-4 guys. They all say they believe Briles will be the OC. One said it?s done.

PikeDawg15
01-05-2023, 09:31 AM
There are guys supposedly in the know most of the time, about 3-4 guys. They all say they believe Briles will be the OC. One said it?s done.

Will it be announced today?

TNDawg35
01-05-2023, 09:47 AM
We really need someone here tom for portal visits…

PikeDawg15
01-05-2023, 09:52 AM
We really need someone here tom for portal visits…

I?m having a feeling we won?t get him because his family doesn?t want to leave

But that?s just me.

PikeDawg15
01-05-2023, 09:53 AM
But he should realize that he will not have a defense to help his offense at Arkansas

He will have that at state.

MetEdDawg
01-05-2023, 09:59 AM
He will have more autonomy at MSU.

Arnett was given the defense and ran with it. I feel very confident Arnett will do the same for an OC that he trusts.

Tater
01-05-2023, 10:21 AM

But that?s just me.

Sarah, his wife, was at deep south pout yesterday according to less than trustworthy sources. So ridiculously specific of an anecdote, I'm inclined to believe it. But this source is a volume shooter who shares everything he hears as gospel so idk.

ZedFedder
01-05-2023, 10:23 AM
Each passing moment makes it feel less likely, but who knows.

Mjoelner34
01-05-2023, 10:27 AM
Sarah, his wife, was at deep south pout yesterday according to less than trustworthy sources. So ridiculously specific of an anecdote, I'm inclined to believe it. But this source is a volume shooter who shares everything he hears as gospel so idk.

I wonder if that souce got it from the message that said she was at the Target in Starkville. I'm betting the person who initially said that later realized Starkville doesn't have a Target and changed it to Deep South Pout.

CaptainObvious
01-05-2023, 10:36 AM

But that?s just me.

I feel the same way. Big difference in Starkville, Ms. and Northwest Arkansas. That area is now larger than metro Little Rock. They have lots more to offer a family and they are within a few miles of beautiful rolling hills and lakes.

However, if the family wants Dad to eventually become a head coach, you can?t base decisions on amenities. First HC jobs are not always at Florida International or Florida Atlantic.

msugolf
01-05-2023, 10:38 AM

But that?s just me.

He is a coordinator in the most cut throat conference in the country. The family better get used to moving quite frequently cause the chances of them staying there multiple years are slim to none. I don?t see him staying there more than 2 more years anyways?either from new coaching staff or him leaving for a better opportunity. And I don?t see his stock rising based on the current trajectory of Ark program

mstatefan91
01-05-2023, 10:39 AM
I wonder if that souce got it from the message that said she was at the Target in Starkville. I'm betting the person who initially said that later realized Starkville doesn't have a Target and changed it to Deep South Pout.

The person that said that said it as a joke.. some didn't pick up on that.

FISHDAWG
01-05-2023, 11:01 AM
nm

WeDemBoyz
01-05-2023, 11:02 AM

THIS!
It was Noah Mashburn that said it and it was a play on the ?Starkville doesnt have a Target? joke from one of the former coach?s wives (MM?) 100% a joke

SPMT
01-05-2023, 11:08 AM
With these kind of jobs, I don?t really understand why where the location is matters much. Most everyone I know does a couple things each week, kids are so busy, Coach is super busy.

Just make sure there are decent schools (there are), and make sure there are sports they can play/activities they are interested in (there are).

Rarely will you see a coach and his family out and about in town very often. Too high of a workload.

If I lived outside of Atlanta, I?m still doing the same basic once or twice a week dinner at a restaurant and going to my kids events. That?s about all you have time for.

Desoto1967
01-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Starkville still doesn't have a Target? How do they keep the split tails from revolting?

KOdawg1
01-05-2023, 11:18 AM
Until Paul confirms, I'll remain skeptical.

No offense to Steve, but he's wrong quite a bit. I won't accuse him of falsely putting out information to generate clicks but I wouldn't put it past him either.

David Murray doesn't know anything.

mstatefan91
01-05-2023, 11:20 AM
Until Paul confirms, I'll remain skeptical.

No offense to Steve, but he's wrong quite a bit. I won't accuse him of falsely putting out information to generate clicks but I wouldn't put it past him either.

David Murray doesn't know anything.
Haven't seen any of them confirm or deny any of it..

KOdawg1
01-05-2023, 11:23 AM
Haven't seen any of them confirm or deny any of it..
Steve has said it's likely and has kept the hope alive through his updates. Paul hasn't really said anything.

And maybe Steve is right. I'm not saying he isn't. But I've been burned many times before because Steve has been optimistic for us only to be let down because we were played.

ZedFedder
01-05-2023, 11:26 AM
Steve is an optimist when it comes to MSU. He always sees the greener side until it doesn't happen. I don't think it is a purposeful misleading, and I don't think he lies, but he definitely will give you the story in the best light possible. You always have to hit the brakes some with him.

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-05-2023, 11:28 AM
DeviousDawg made a rare appearance in the other thread saying basically paperwork needed to be signed and it?s done.

HancockCountyDog
01-05-2023, 11:29 AM
At some point I would think CZA will put a deadline on taking the job.

He seems like a take no bullshit type coach. I think it gets done.

I'm wondering if Briles wants to bring KJ with him and we are reluctant.

KOdawg1
01-05-2023, 11:31 AM

I think the only one reluctant about KJ coming here would be KJ.

HancockCountyDog
01-05-2023, 11:37 AM
I think the only one reluctant about KJ coming here would be KJ.

Yeah - i get that. I would think he would stay at Arkansas and be the sure fire starter instead of coming here to have a QB battle.

msu15
01-05-2023, 11:40 AM
Yeah - i get that. I would think he would stay at Arkansas and be the sure fire starter instead of coming here to have a QB battle.

It would not be a battle if he came here

Extendedcab
01-05-2023, 11:44 AM

I agree with that - KJ can run and throw! He is a mobile quarterback!

Jarius
01-05-2023, 11:44 AM

It would not be remotely close.

PikeDawg15
01-05-2023, 11:54 AM
If KJ Jefferson comes to Miss St then Will Rogers is in the portal faster than you can say Go

Hell he said on his Twitter a month ago

Sitting on G waiting on O

Waiting to go ball out at Delta State!

TrapGame
01-05-2023, 11:56 AM
At some point I would think CZA will put a deadline on taking the job.

He seems like a take no bullshit type coach. I think it gets done.

KJ is worth an $800k NIL at Arkansas. I don't see us offering that for him.

My guess is he's bringing some coaches with him and he's negotiating for them.

TheLostDawg
01-05-2023, 11:56 AM
So a name that hasn't been mentioned in a while is Altmeyer. ..?

confucius say
01-05-2023, 11:57 AM
KJ is worth an $800k NIL at Arkansas. I don't see us offering that for him.

My guess is he's bringing some coaches with him and he's negotiating for them.

Correct. The KJ talk is laughable.

Really Clark?
01-05-2023, 12:01 PM

Going to Illinois

BeardoMSU
01-05-2023, 12:01 PM

He's going to Illinois

Tater
01-05-2023, 12:12 PM

Oh yeah I saw that. That's why the DSP thing threw me off. So specific it didn't feel like a joke. But could be second hand knowledge being passed having the good ole telephone game changing.

He's not a source I trust 100%. And looking deeper, it's pretty clear this ain't that true. But hilarious nonetheless.

NWADAWG
01-05-2023, 12:12 PM
He's going to Illinois

He really likes schools that lose to State.

MaroonFlounder
01-05-2023, 12:17 PM
About Briles and the OC search

We pay for that info. Why don't you?

mstatefan91
01-05-2023, 12:18 PM

because you can get it within an hour of it being posted over there.

Dawgface
01-05-2023, 12:21 PM

I belonged to it for a year and it just wasn't worth it to me. Get the same info here as you suggested.

Tater
01-05-2023, 12:25 PM

Because I emulate Coach Leach and pirate everything.

MaroonFlounder
01-05-2023, 12:29 PM

I guess I should cancel my subscription then.

msudawglb
01-05-2023, 12:37 PM
Correct. The KJ talk is laughable.

I could see KJ entering the portal if/when Briles is announced to MSU. And I could see someone (not MSU) paying up for him.

Leroy Jenkins
01-05-2023, 12:41 PM

Because Ross Dellenger doesn't charge and he is the one who will break the news, if there is any.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 12:57 PM
If KJ Jefferson comes to Miss St then Will Rogers is in the portal faster than you can say Go

Hell he said on his Twitter a month ago

Sitting on G waiting on O

Waiting to go ball out at Delta State!

KJ is not coming and Will is not going into the portal . That G and waiting on O, you saw on Will's twitter didn't mean what you thought it did either. Things players post on twitter don't always mean what somebody else thinks it means.

BeardoMSU
01-05-2023, 01:01 PM

Lame

PikeDawg15
01-05-2023, 01:02 PM
KJ is not coming and Will is not going into the portal . That G and waiting on O, you saw on Will's twitter didn't mean what you thought it did either. Things players post on twitter don't always mean what somebody else thinks it means.

I was making a joke

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 01:05 PM
I don't see any reason for anybody jumping off a cliff just yet on KB coming to MSU. A couple of people in the know are still confident it happens soon.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 01:06 PM
I was making a joke

Sorry my bad !

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 01:07 PM
I guess I should cancel my subscription then.

Probably so lol.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2023, 01:30 PM
Delete

MrCoachKlein
01-05-2023, 01:35 PM
Where is imissplatinumplus? We need some info

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2023, 01:37 PM
I could see KJ entering the portal if/when Briles is announced to MSU. And I could see someone (not MSU) paying up for him.

He will not enter the portal. He has 750K reasons not to.

HancockCountyDog
01-05-2023, 01:51 PM
He will not enter the portal. He has 750K reasons not to.

That is a solid deal for him, I hope he saves his money, he won't make an NFL roster. If i was his advisor Id tell him to stay at Arkansas and pocket great money and play as long as they will let him.