PDA

View Full Version : Alright, it is late afternoon

Msujd164
01-04-2023, 04:37 PM
This is when the big news usually breaks to hit the 5:00 news. Waiting.

MaroonFlounder
01-04-2023, 04:39 PM
The big news already broke.

Matt Brock is DC.

CadaverDawg
01-04-2023, 04:41 PM
I hope this isn't a big thud.

Bdawg
01-04-2023, 04:44 PM
I hope this isn't a big thud.

Me too, because we haven?t heard crap about a 2nd candidate, which may be a good thing. No reporter has said Briles is out. And no reporter has mentioned another candidate. Hopefully just working out contracts and assistants.

Also, is Upig still kinda quiet on the matter?

Msujd164
01-04-2023, 04:48 PM
Brock was expected. You save your surprises for late afternoon.

StarkVegasSteve
01-04-2023, 05:09 PM
Me too, because we haven?t heard crap about a 2nd candidate, which may be a good thing. No reporter has said Briles is out. And no reporter has mentioned another candidate. Hopefully just working out contracts and assistants.

Confidence gains on their side with each passing hour I would say. There is some worry on our side now. I think most thought this would be done this afternoon at the latest. I feel less and less confident as the day goes on.

On to your other point, I would imagine that other candidates have been contacted, but most candidates at this point will be a downgrade over KB. But hey we got Chad****

RocketDawg
01-04-2023, 05:18 PM
Maybe I'm misremembering, but some years ago, shortly after the Art Briles scandal at Baylor, wasn't the consensus (at least of many posters), that the Briles name was tainted, and many said they'd not want someone with that name on our campus?

TrapGame
01-04-2023, 05:18 PM
Ross Dellinger to break some big MSU news around 5pm. That's the big rumor.

NWADAWG
01-04-2023, 05:29 PM

Not hearing much from UPig land either. I did peruse through their message board and saw a few references to the bridge between Briles and Pittman being burned and no way Briles would be back. I have no idea what that is about or if it is true.

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 05:31 PM
Ross Dellinger to break some big MSU news around 5pm. That's the big rumor.

Yeah the one who said to look for Dellinger to post something this afternoon or evening and now around 5pm is pretty knowledgeable on MSU athletics.

StarkVegasSteve
01-04-2023, 05:32 PM
Yeah the one who said to look for Dellinger to post something this afternoon or evening and now around 5pm is pretty knowledgeable on MSU athletics.

So we know it is not Bert Stare.

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 05:38 PM
Not hearing much from UPig land either. I did peruse through their message board and saw a few references to the bridge between Briles and Pittman being burned and no way Briles would be back. I have no idea what that is about or if it is true.

There was a report on another team's message board (not MSU or ARK related) that some ARK coaches and players weren't happy with Pittman, and some may be leaving, and that if KB took our job then Pittman may be looking at their OC.

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 05:42 PM
So we know it is not Bert Stare.

Let's say we hope not lol. His prediction winning percentages have been really bad.

StarkVegasSteve
01-04-2023, 05:59 PM
With it being about 5, if Dellenger breaks this before our beat guys that is pretty sad.

Cowbell
01-04-2023, 06:05 PM
With it being about 5, if Dellenger breaks this before our beat guys that is pretty sad.

Why is that sad - that's how it normally works

BeardoMSU
01-04-2023, 06:08 PM

Ross is one of the more "in the know" journos out there. Way more in the know than our beat guys.

StarkVegasSteve
01-04-2023, 06:09 PM
Why is that sad - that's how it normally works

Sorry. Forgot the sarcasm on that one. Got to typing too fast. Obviously it's very likely that a national guy with more connections than most people have phone numbers would be the first on a story.

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 06:10 PM
Liisten to Robbie on "Let's talk about the Dawgs:"

https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1610770501621714947?s=46&t=loH4ia8DPdakk5W2Xt28Kw

KOdawg1
01-04-2023, 06:12 PM
Robbie says it's above 50% that KB is our new OC

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 06:16 PM

He's not because there is nothing for him to report right now unless he just says something about our interest in KB or the negotiations.

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 06:40 PM
Robbie says it's above 50% that KB is our new OC

He actually said on "Let's talk about the Dawgs:" late this afternoon that he was over 50% confident that KB would be our new OC.

Tough Dawg
01-04-2023, 07:14 PM
When you say around 5PM did you mean CST or PST? 1 hour or 2 hour buffer? Need to some more specifics

Tough Dawg
01-04-2023, 07:14 PM
Oh. And Thanks In Advance.

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 07:27 PM
When you say around 5PM did you mean CST or PST? 1 hour or 2 hour buffer? Need to some more specifics

I didn't say 5 PM but all I will just say on that is that was not correct. I saw late afternoon or evening, but no specific time, and that may or may not happen. Some are real confident it's just a formality of getting the contract finalized and signed, and KB has already accepted the offer, but Robbie said on "Let's talk about the Dawgs:" they are still in negotiations. So I guess it depends on who your source is or maybe what info is allowed to be released.

lefty96
01-04-2023, 07:42 PM
This is ?weather forecast? levels of confidence.

99jc
01-04-2023, 07:45 PM
just talked with a big upig donor...he said kb was gone we will see if he is accurate

Commercecomet24
01-04-2023, 07:59 PM
Things are trending our way with Briles. We're close

Bdawg
01-04-2023, 08:13 PM
Things are trending our way with Briles. We're close

Anything in particular to swing it? Just seems with not hearing anymore names in the discussion, we are just hammering out the details. I hope so. I feel we could do much worse.

Cowbell
01-04-2023, 08:23 PM
Anything in particular to swing it? Just seems with not hearing anymore names in the discussion, we are just hammering out the details. I hope so. I feel we could do much worse.

Bert had to intervene and help with negotiations. That's why he has been MIA. And Bucky had to give Briles his blessing to coach Will. Then they're the whole coffee sponsorship thing but you will have to talk with C34 about that....

Bdawg
01-04-2023, 08:32 PM
Bert had to intervene and help with negotiations. That's why he has been MIA. And Bucky had to give Briles his blessing to coach Will. Then they're the whole coffee sponsorship thing but you will have to talk with C34 about that....

Have some rep

Commercecomet24
01-04-2023, 08:33 PM

Negotiations. Don't know that it's a for sure thing but it's close

Commercecomet24
01-04-2023, 08:36 PM

Awesome! Can't give you anymore rep!

BlackSailsDawg
01-04-2023, 08:42 PM
Yeah. Briles will remain at Ark. All of that money offered by us could have already secured TX Tech OC.

That would have retained most of our QB room.

mo7888
01-04-2023, 08:45 PM
Yeah. Briles will remain at Ark. All of that money offered by us could have already secured TX Tech OC.

I think we get Briles but I'd much rather have Kittery... I won't be disappointed with Briles though.

TrapGame
01-04-2023, 08:47 PM

KITTLEY WAS NEVER AN OPTION. STOP YOUR BULLSHIT.

Really Clark?
01-04-2023, 08:50 PM

Kittley declined to even discuss the job no matter the money. He is happy at his home and will wait for a HC job or a larger program as OC. It was never an option so stop bringing him up.

Turfdawg67
01-04-2023, 09:12 PM
I didn't say 5 PM but all I will just say on that is that was not correct. I saw late afternoon or evening, but no specific time, and that may or may not happen. Some are real confident it's just a formality of getting the contract finalized and signed, and KB has already accepted the offer, but Robbie said on "Let's talk about the Dawgs:" they are still in negotiations. So I guess it depends on who your source is or maybe what info is allowed to be released.

Who is "real confident"?

Catfish
01-04-2023, 09:18 PM
Who is "real confident"?

I just hope we have a good back up plan in place.

Dawg_Lover
01-04-2023, 09:24 PM

See #3 below, lol.

Cowbell
01-04-2023, 09:48 PM
See #3 below, lol.

That's dead on!!

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 09:59 PM

I gave you some Rep too. Maybe Sexton is trying to teach Bert how to negotiate a contract and that's slowing the process down as Bert is still talking about Napier and trying to get him more money.

sandjunky
01-04-2023, 10:00 PM
FWIW - he is at Arkansas? basketball game tonight

https://twitter.com/choatemason/status/1610824153040551939?s=46&t=7q8cPrrZEQ9I8bwmZqQ4Ug

Saying his goodbyes I?m sure

CadaverDawg
01-04-2023, 10:04 PM

#1. Kittley wasn't interested

#2. It's going to be tough to overcome losing a couple of QB's that couldn't even challenge the guy that is making us pull our hair out at QB. Not sure how we'll survive.

TrapGame
01-04-2023, 10:11 PM

https://twitter.com/choatemason/status/1610824153040551939?s=46&t=7q8cPrrZEQ9I8bwmZqQ4Ug

Sexton's bunch is doing the negotiating and texting Briles the updates.

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 10:12 PM

He shouldn't remain in ARK, but we will see. Money wasn't a factor with the TX Tech OC. It's kinda like I'm happy where I am. Didn't have anything to do with our QB room. They came here to play for CML and they liked Hollingshead too. So try again.

Commercecomet24
01-04-2023, 10:14 PM
#1. Kittley wasn't interested

#2. It's going to be tough to overcome losing a couple of QB's that couldn't even challenge the guy that is making us pull our hair out at QB. Not sure how we'll survive.

Nailed it.

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 10:15 PM

He's still officially ARK's OC. So what's wrong with being at their basketball game?

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 10:18 PM
Who is "real confident"?

A few close to the athletic department.

parabrave
01-04-2023, 10:56 PM

Have some more nut don't leave out Black Sails Dog,007.

tireddawg
01-04-2023, 11:43 PM
Sexton's bunch is doing the negotiating and texting Briles the updates.

They show him on tv checking his phone? Lol

basedog
01-05-2023, 09:01 AM
It's Coming!!!!! But wait........may be a surprise, but then again.......We are Miss State!

Bdawg
01-05-2023, 09:25 AM
It's Coming!!!!! But wait........may be a surprise, but then again.......We are Miss State!

Man that one end of the spectrum to the other!!! Ha.

Dawgface
01-05-2023, 09:31 AM
They show him on tv checking his phone? Lol

He was signing his new MSU contract electronically. Bert will be with KB at the press conference at noon today.

basedog
01-05-2023, 09:35 AM
Man that one end of the spectrum to the other!!! Ha.

It sure is, LOL, but I will say I have been for the rumors of Briles. But with all the wait, I'm not as sure because he could be all about the money. In saying this, money is important but to us Msu graduates and fans, it's about Msu more. I'm sure there is alot more going on than I know and many of us, but in today's world it's crazy "money" in sports. There is less "love" where players play or coach now days. You just never see a Coach retiring or staying one place too long. But hell, kids don't stay at schools and graduate either!

I'm "old school", I have lack of interest in Pro Sports, and have lost some interest in college sports but I love Msu!