PDA

View Full Version : Has Spurrier said he is not coming back?

Msujd164
01-04-2023, 04:35 PM
I may have missed it. But filling his position certainly looks like he is not. I saw it was expected he?d move on.

Coach34
01-04-2023, 04:52 PM
He wasnt retained by Arnett

TheLostDawg
01-04-2023, 05:25 PM
He wasnt retained by Arnett

So you're saying depending on who theOC is, we could still possibly retain him or maybe Washington, Miller, etc?

Really Clark?
01-04-2023, 05:29 PM
So you're saying depending on who theOC is, we could still possibly retain him or maybe Washington, Miller, etc?

OC is irrelevant to who Arnett is going to retain. We've announced who we are parting ways with so far. We added Bumphis to the offensive side today already.

TheLostDawg
01-04-2023, 05:35 PM
OC is irrelevant to who Arnett is going to retain. We've announced who we are parting ways with so far. We added Bumphis to the offensive side today already.

So even if the OC told Arnett, hey I want them on my staff, there is no way he'd agree? I get the chance is slim and understand Arnett might want a change and not to mention Spurrier probably wants an OC title. However are you saying it's final, no chance Hollingshed stays? Just curious

Coach34
01-04-2023, 05:37 PM
So even if the OC told Arnett, hey I want them on my staff, there is no way he'd agree? I get the chance is slim and understand Arnett might want a change and not to mention Spurrier probably wants an OC title. However are you saying it's final, no change Hollingshed stays? Just curious

Spurrier wanted the OC job and wasnt staying if he wasnt going to get it. He was told he wasnt going to get it. He gone.

Desoto1967
01-04-2023, 05:38 PM
I was wondering if State had put up 50 or 60 in the bowl, would it have changed Spurrier's fate. Mute point now of course. With seven kids I hope he lands somewhere

TheLostDawg
01-04-2023, 05:40 PM
Spurrier wanted the OC job and wasnt staying if he wasnt going to get it. He was told he wasnt going to get it. He gone.

I figured he'd leave. I'm more worried about the others, Miller, hollingshead.

TheLostDawg
01-04-2023, 05:40 PM
I was wondering if State had put up 50 or 60 in the bowl, would it have changed Spurrier's fate. Mute point now of course. With seven kids I hope he lands somewhere

Haha.

Really Clark?
01-04-2023, 05:43 PM
So even if the OC told Arnett, hey I want them on my staff, there is no way he'd agree? I get the chance is slim and understand Arnett might want a change and not to mention Spurrier probably wants an OC title. However are you saying it's final, no chance Hollingshed stays? Just curious

If you are asking specifically about Spurrier, no chance from his side and ours once it was determined we would not hire him as OC. Hollingshed I don't see happening as usually when you announce you've parted ways, it's done. But it's a slightly bigger chance than Spurrier. Maybe .5%. Remember we haven't said anything about Miller, brought on Bump, and Washington is in limbo. Once you hire the OC not many spots left.

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 05:56 PM

Nope - Only one game calling plays does not make an OC.

KOdawg1
01-04-2023, 06:14 PM
Spurrier and Hollingshead are gone.

Bumphis is in. The days of two WR coaches are over.

FISHDAWG
01-04-2023, 06:18 PM
Nope - Only one game calling plays does not make an OC.

Did one game just make a DC or was he calling the plays before?

Really Clark?
01-04-2023, 06:47 PM

I mean it's a different situation when you have the HC who was the DC actually signaling everything to know exactly what Brock was calling.

yjnkdawg
01-04-2023, 07:09 PM

That's kind of like comparing apples to oranges. Brock has worked directly under CZA and everybody has said that he would be a good DC someday and CZA was confident with him and wanted him to be his DC. Spurrier was never in the mix for the OC position. So calling plays actually had no relevance on either being hired. I just meant that calling a good bowl game on offense and putting up a lot of points had no relevance on whether Spurrier was hired or not. I meant my comment in reference specific to our situation and not just in general.

Matt3467
01-04-2023, 07:39 PM
How we did in that game should've had zero bearing on if we hired Spurrier or not. This isn't what his vision of an offense would be anyway. Its still the Leach Air Raid. The guy has pedigree and I bet he does well wherever he lands. Honestly wouldn't have been upset to see his offense here.

SpaceBully
01-04-2023, 10:21 PM
I notice a lot of recruits talk very positive about Spurrier during the recruiting process. We'll miss him from that aspect.