01-04-2023, 03:22 PM
How do you know he hasnt?

PikeDawg15
01-04-2023, 03:23 PM
How do you know he hasnt?

I would like an announcement

Really Clark?
01-04-2023, 03:26 PM
It's been 2 days since the bowl game and we've announced several staff changes already. It's taken Jimbo over a month to hire the guy he passed on weeks ago as OC.

Homedawg
01-04-2023, 03:30 PM
It's been 2 days since the bowl game and we've announced several staff changes already. It's taken Jimbo over a month to hire the guy he passed on weeks ago as OC.

Agree, way too much freak over this. It will get done. Someone will take the job, not named Woody McCorvey.

Commercecomet24
01-04-2023, 03:32 PM
Agree, way too much freak over this. It will get done. Someone will take the job, not named Woody McCorvey.

Yes and I don't understand the panic, we just played a game 2 days ago and staff probably just getting back in the office and getting things going today. I bet Woody would take it though, LOL!!!

calidawg
01-04-2023, 03:35 PM
Briles isn't coming at this point. Time kills all deals. The offer was made days ago. Next one up

HoopsDawg
01-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Yes and I don't understand the panic, we just played a game 2 days ago and staff probably just getting back in the office and getting things going today. I bet Woody would take it though, LOL!!!

With the portal and upcoming recruiting weekend, we would need an answer by today or tomorrow I would think.

msstate7
01-04-2023, 03:40 PM
I can understand the urgency. I feel like this needs to be done by about Tuesday. We now have to hit the portal for a qb, and most likely we'll have to hit it for TEs. The longer it stretches out the more likely we lose more and add less.

Jimbo has taken his time, but he's lost a lot to the portal and we don't have close to his resources. Lsu, OM, and kentucky are making their roster better while we have to line up a staff.

With all this said, I don't wanna just take anyone, so get it right

Commercecomet24
01-04-2023, 03:41 PM
With the portal and upcoming recruiting weekend, we would need an answer by today or tomorrow I would think.

That would be ideal, yes. If that doesn't happen I believe with the way Arnett held onto our recruiting class in December(and even added a couple of really good ones)that he has a plan in place to address that.

EdwardDrayton
01-04-2023, 03:43 PM
Hold your water folks. It'll be aight. :)

TrapGame
01-04-2023, 03:53 PM
If it was a no I think we would have heard from Paul or Steve by now. Briles is probably working on deal for his asst. coaches and talking to Arnett about players there that want to follow him to State.

Bdawg
01-04-2023, 04:25 PM
I would love to hear someone negotiate with Arnett. That probably can’t be too pleasant!!

Bdawg
01-04-2023, 04:26 PM
If it was a no I think we would have heard from Paul or Steve by now. Briles is probably working on deal for his asst. coaches and talking to Arnett about players there that want to follow him to State.

Sure hope so. Just hammering out the details