PDA

View Full Version : Optimistic time for MSU football....

HoopsDawg
01-04-2023, 02:36 PM
It's incredible that TCU is playing for a national championship. They aren't much more talented than MSU. They have a great scheme, 1 more playmaker, and a mobile QB. All of those things are attainable for us. I think our defense is better.

Now, they do have an easier path to the playoffs. But with upcoming expansion, that helps. SEC West teams went 4-1 in bowls. And that's with AU and A&M missing a bowl game-incredible! Good news here too- the SEC is getting rid of divisions. If we can dodge Bama and UGA, that brings 10-2 to the table. (Once every 5 years)

The portal has brought parity. Other than 2-3 teams this year, everyone is close...The university is flush with cash and only getting richer with new TV deal. Donors need to give the BI. And Arnett needs to land this OC. His proposal to KB makes me think he knows what needs to be done.

Im normally pretty cynical when it comes to MSU football. But this is the best environment for success that we have EVER had. Just need the administration, coaches, boosters and fans pulling in the same direction.

Tough Dawg
01-04-2023, 02:38 PM
Max Duggan is more than just a mobile QB. He needs about 4 more adjectives in your post.

Coursesuper
01-04-2023, 02:47 PM
That's all great but, this hire for OC will define the CZA era. He has to hit here or it will be a short stint and we get further behind the top of the league.

msstate7
01-04-2023, 02:48 PM
TCU has had a run of good fortune that would make a lottery winner blush. 9 wins by 10 points or less. Lost a championship game to a team that isn't good, and they still got in.

Georgia should win this game by 3 TDs; but God has let it be known he's a tcu fan, so I won't touch it

DEDawg
01-04-2023, 02:50 PM
Max Duggan is more than just a mobile QB. He needs about 4 more adjectives in your post.

Yeah he is a legit Heisman type of guy. Basically Dak level of good in college.

HoopsDawg
01-04-2023, 02:52 PM

Here's one: 2nd string QB in the fall. I love Duggan. Tough SOB. But there are guys out there like him.

GoDawgz
01-04-2023, 03:55 PM
It should be an optimistic time for State football, won the Egg Bowl, bowl game win, 9 win season, new head coach/which is also a really good DC, held your recruiting class together after a tragic untimely passing of a legendary coach.....and a few more.....however some State "fans" can find a way to throw a wet blanket on everything!

Jack Lambert
01-04-2023, 04:10 PM
They don't face SEC West every year.

AROB44
01-04-2023, 06:33 PM
It's incredible that TCU is playing for a national championship. They aren't much more talented than MSU. They have a great scheme, 1 more playmaker, and a mobile QB. All of those things are attainable for us. I think our defense is better.

Now, they do have an easier path to the playoffs. But with upcoming expansion, that helps. SEC West teams went 4-1 in bowls. And that's with AU and A&M missing a bowl game-incredible! Good news here too- the SEC is getting rid of divisions. If we can dodge Bama and UGA, that brings 10-2 to the table. (Once every 5 years)

The portal has brought parity. Other than 2-3 teams this year, everyone is close...The university is flush with cash and only getting richer with new TV deal. Donors need to give the BI. And Arnett needs to land this OC. His proposal to KB makes me think he knows what needs to be done.

Im normally pretty cynical when it comes to MSU football. But this is the best environment for success that we have EVER had. Just need the administration, coaches, boosters and fans pulling in the same direction.

You can't be serious.....

SmokeyDawg
01-04-2023, 06:52 PM

Their recruiting classes range about the same as ours. 25-32. I don't agree that you can completely determine talent based on that but he's not wrong

Really Clark?
01-04-2023, 06:52 PM

45, 54, 23, 32 is TCU's last 4 recruiting rankings. From that perspective he's right.

HoopsDawg
01-04-2023, 07:24 PM

The other 2 posters have proven my point, but to add, this is basically the same TCU team that went 5-7 last year. Talent level is very similar. They just run a better offensive scheme with a mobile QB and play an easier schedule.

Commercecomet24
01-04-2023, 07:44 PM
The other 2 posters have proven my point, but to add, this is basically the same TCU team that went 5-7 last year. Talent level is very similar. They just run a better offensive scheme with a mobile QB and play an easier schedule.

This and had some extraordinary luck this year. They could've easily lost 5-6 games. To their credit they didn't but 5 comeback wins In the 4th quarter is pretty hard to do year and year out.

Goldendawg
01-04-2023, 08:12 PM
45, 54, 23, 32 is TCU's last 4 recruiting rankings. From that perspective he's right.

Fort Worth got a Target?

Reason2succeed
01-04-2023, 09:34 PM
Fort Worth got a Target?

I laughed out loud. Good one.

Kingbarkus
01-05-2023, 02:26 AM
The Big 12 was far more competitive than public perception. I think they played a tougher schedule than Michigan. I think they will give Georgia a good game and they have a chip on their shoulder.

basedog
01-05-2023, 08:46 AM
The Big 12 was far more competitive than public perception. I think they played a tougher schedule than Michigan. I think they will give Georgia a good game and they have a chip on their shoulder.

I think Georgia will be motivated as well, they have the better talent, Tcu has that "something" going for them with all those close wins. Should be a good game but I think Georgia wins by 10-14 points.