PDA

View Full Version : I'm finding it hard to pick the MVP

NorCalDawg
11-28-2013, 11:34 PM
It's between these 3 for me:

Tavese Calhoun
Dak Prescott
Nikoe Whitley

I'll give Damien Williams honorable mention because he didn't do anything to lose the game except the one pick and he is a true freshman simply trying to make something happen, there. I think he played the game he needed to.

Statecoachingblows**
11-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Damien played a helluva game. Pick or not. He did the most important thing he didn't lose the game. Managed it well, ran it well, couple tough runs, good throws for the most part. I think the timing of Dak coming in when he did drove it home! **** the bears and their recruiting class! Our freshman qb out played their top 10 guys!

bulldogsmsu
11-28-2013, 11:40 PM
I would just have to give it to the entire defense. What a game for them!

Will James
11-28-2013, 11:41 PM
We ALWAYS lose these close games. With Dak we won. We will always have a running QB with running 2nd 3rd and 4th strings. That has been proven to be a MUST. Lets get back to our offense and do good things.

MetEdDawg
11-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Go Calhoun. 11 total tackles, 9 of which were solo. Add an INT that was clearly missed. He was all over the place tonight. He locked Moncrief down too. Dude is going to be a stud.

msstate7
11-28-2013, 11:44 PM
It's dak. When he entered we scored 2 outta 4 drives and missed fg on other.

msstate7
11-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Go Calhoun. 11 total tackles, 9 of which were solo. Add an INT that was clearly missed. He was all over the place tonight. He locked Moncrief down too. Dude is going to be a stud.

Already is a stud

MetEdDawg
11-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Banks told us too. He said it and it's coming true. I'm going to start listening to our players more. Gabe Jackson can't stop talking about Clayborn. Gabe says he will take this spot no problem next year. I believe him. Sorry folks but anyone that looks at recruiting rankings to tell you how good someone is doesn't understand what Mullen is doing. We recruit legit talent that gets overlooked and turn it into gold. Two of our biggest play makers next year will be McKinney and Calhoun who were both unranked 2 stars with no other offers.

gravedigger
11-28-2013, 11:53 PM
True Damien delivered. May not have been the winning score, but he delivered.

Bubb Rubb
11-28-2013, 11:56 PM
It's gotta be Dak, but the defense gets some big props. And Chris Jones was a monster tonight. He did a lot of stuff that won't necessarily show up in a stat sheet, but he was dominant.

joben3
11-28-2013, 11:58 PM
you do not pick a player for the player of the game for this game. You pick the entire team. This was a team who came together all night and won the damn game.

I seen it dawg
11-28-2013, 11:59 PM
you do not pick a player for the player of the game for this game. You pick the entire team. This was a team who came together all night and won the damn game.

Yep

hells bells
11-29-2013, 12:06 AM
It's between these 3 for me:

Tavese Calhoun
Dak Prescott
Nikoe Whitley

I'll give Damien Williams honorable mention because he didn't do anything to lose the game except the one pick and he is a true freshman simply trying to make something happen, there. I think he played the game he needed to.

Damien Williams, and you can kiss my ass in the crack if you think different.

NorCalDawg
11-29-2013, 12:08 AM

Agree. That's why it's hard to pick one. Everybody showed up big tonight!

Fader21
11-29-2013, 12:15 AM
Very hard to pick. I give it to the whole damn team. All of defense and D Williams and Dak

BrunswickDawg
11-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Banks told us too. He said it and it's coming true. I'm going to start listening to our players more. Gabe Jackson can't stop talking about Clayborn. Gabe says he will take this spot no problem next year. I believe him. Sorry folks but anyone that looks at recruiting rankings to tell you how good someone is doesn't understand what Mullen is doing. We recruit legit talent that gets overlooked and turn it into gold. Two of our biggest play makers next year will be McKinney and Calhoun who were both unranked 2 stars with no other offers.

And this time last year, no one knew who Chris Jones was - another 2 star diamond - who happened to blow up in recruiting because he got to an all star game.

joben3
11-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Very hard to pick. I give it to the whole damn team. All of defense and D Williams and Dak

This is why we are state fans... you cant pick a player who outshined another player. How ugly are those uniforms now?

FlabLoser
11-29-2013, 12:22 AM
This was absolutely a team win.

My MVP is Super Dak.