PDA

View Full Version : Coming and going of staff

TheLostDawg
01-02-2023, 11:02 PM
https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-zach-arnett-mississippi-state-set-for-major-staff-shake-up

Seems there are about to be names released soon

parabrave
01-02-2023, 11:05 PM
Seems ZA wants to ramp up the offense.

msu15
01-02-2023, 11:26 PM
Seems ZA wants to ramp up the offense.

Briles certainly gave a great audition in DWS this year. They hit us for some massive plays with two backup QB's.

ZedFedder
01-02-2023, 11:52 PM
Robbie said on T&L that the Washington report may be premature.

CadaverDawg
01-02-2023, 11:55 PM
Robbie said on T&L that the Washington report may be premature.

Interesting bc the first thing I thought when I saw the list of names being sent packing was "damn, Washington too?". Would like to see us keep him

yjnkdawg
01-03-2023, 12:05 AM
Interesting bc the first thing I thought when I saw the list of names being sent packing was "damn, Washington too?". Would like to see us keep him

I want to keep Washington too, but it looks like that decision will be made by our new OC.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2023, 12:08 AM
I want to keep Washington too, but it looks like that decision will be made by our new OC.

I'm good with that. Nothing on offense this year was irreplaceable if we're being honest. Continuity...I get it. But we're trying to win games, not feelings.

Ari Gold
01-03-2023, 08:54 AM
Coach Wash was on the defensive side of the ball in 2021.
So the move back to his regular coaching spot could play a factor with this as well
ESP if Coach Hughes finally decides to hang it up or fill an off the field role.

Would really like to keep Wash on staff.
Really good recruiter, relates well with kids and good dude overall .. lots of ties to Texas recruiting as well

yjnkdawg
01-03-2023, 11:19 AM
So the move back to his regular coaching spot could play a factor with this as well
ESP if Coach Hughes finally decides to hang it up or fill an off the field role.

Really good recruiter, relates well with kids and good dude overall .. lots of ties to Texas recruiting as well

Do you think CZA actually wants Washington back on the defensive side? There has been some talk that he doesn't. I think he has done a good job at running back coach and hope he remains there, but Lindley is pretty much 100% definite on the staff. So don't know what Lindley's position will be.

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2023, 11:23 AM
Do you think CZA actually wants Washington back on the defensive side? There has been some talk that he doesn't. I think he has done a good job at running back coach and hope he remains there, but Lindley is pretty much 100% definite on the staff. So don't know what Lindley's position will be.

If Briles is the OC then where does Lindley go? Because Kendall coaches QBs

yjnkdawg
01-03-2023, 11:30 AM
If Briles is the OC then where does Lindley go? Because Kendall coaches QBs

Maybe RB coach? I thought that was a definite that Lindley would be on CZA.s staff, but maybe not.

Ari Gold
01-03-2023, 01:51 PM

I have no idea if CZA does or doesn’t.
But Leach is the guy that moved Washington to the offensive side of the ball , maybe Arnete had rather have him back on the D side.

The point is Coach Wash seemed to be a valuable spoke in the wheel of the staff the last few years to jump from D to O

We will see what path CZA wants to take

TheLostDawg
01-04-2023, 12:34 PM
Add in Bumphis, that's not leaving many spots left for an oc to bring his guys

Really Clark?
01-04-2023, 12:38 PM
Add in Bumphis, that's not leaving many spots left for an oc to bring his guys

At most you see coordinators bring 1 guy IF the HC is good with it. The HC makes all staff hires.

R2Dawg
01-04-2023, 12:46 PM
I'm good with that. Nothing on offense this year was irreplaceable if we're being honest. Continuity...I get it. But we're trying to win games, not feelings.

This will upset some but this is correct.

LibraryDawg
01-19-2023, 07:53 PM
So has the staff been completed?

Really Clark?
01-19-2023, 08:07 PM
So has the staff been completed?

Just waiting on the announcement but Dewhurst is out in the field recruiting now.

KB21
01-19-2023, 08:52 PM
Some really great young assistants who have been soaking up Mike?s knowledge have been let go.

Wade Garrett
01-19-2023, 09:01 PM
Dude LET IT GO. Could we just let one thread go without this BS.

Everyone knows that you are not happy with the hires.

You are starting to sound like Leeshouldhaveflanked blaming Cohen for everything. (Which I find amusing by the way)

msu15
01-19-2023, 09:06 PM
Some really great young assistants who have been soaking up Mike?s knowledge have been let go.

We've upgraded as a staff.

Homedawg
01-19-2023, 09:46 PM

Hughes is not going off field

Homedawg
01-19-2023, 09:46 PM

Shit happens. Get over it.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2023, 09:57 PM
Shit happens. Get over it.

Very well said.

StarkVegasSteve
01-20-2023, 12:55 PM
Losing J Wash is going to be massive. He is an A++ recruiter and really upgraded the RB position for us last year. Thought our backs ran harder and blocked better.

LibraryDawg
01-20-2023, 01:36 PM
So Washington is staying but moving off field.
https://hailstate.com/news/2023/1/20/football-arnett-rounds-out-coaching-staff.aspx

StarkVegasSteve
01-20-2023, 02:02 PM
So Washington is staying but moving off field.
https://hailstate.com/news/2023/1/20/football-arnett-rounds-out-coaching-staff.aspx

That's a huge keep. We must be paying him a small fortune to stay.