PDA

View Full Version : MBK at Tenn (-10.5) tomorrow

msstate7
01-02-2023, 10:22 PM
Maybe we can come up with another unexpected win tomorrow. This season seems to be slipping away lately

Coach34
01-02-2023, 10:24 PM
Gonna tease that line with someone else tomorrow.

Apoplectic
01-03-2023, 08:29 AM
We always play them close on the road

PMDawg
01-03-2023, 09:47 AM
Gonna tease that line with someone else tomorrow.

Tease it with Tolu shooting less than 40% from FT. Cha-Ching!

NCMSTFAN
01-03-2023, 10:41 AM
Tennessee is alot like Bama in terms of their schedule. They've been tested, wins against USC, Butler, #3 Kansas, #13 Maryland and a 5 point loss to #9 Arizona. They also have 5 guys scoring in double figures so they can beat you with multiple guys.... we legit only have Tolu as a consistent offensive threat and teams are doubling him every possession because our lack of others scoring. Our defense will probably keep us hanging around early but this thing may get out of hand if our offense doesn't show up again. Strictly playing defense won't get you wins.

Also Drake just lost to a bad 7-7 Missouri State team so that loss is starting to look bad.

Ari Gold
01-03-2023, 01:55 PM
This game could get out of hand..

Just have to really hope once the L’s start adding up these first 8 games or so
That our guys don’t start to slack on the one thing that gives us the best chance to win games .. the defensive side

Still have a chance for 9 wins , just need to find some offense

msstate7
01-03-2023, 02:01 PM

That our guys don’t start to slack on the one thing that gives us the best chance to win games .. the defensive side

Yep, Saturday vs OM at home is a must win

klong-dog
01-03-2023, 03:05 PM
63-46 UT

NCMSTFAN
01-03-2023, 03:28 PM

I agree with that but will add that when teams play the style of defense that we play, you have to have a deep bench and utilize that bench. Playing frantic defense will tire guys out very fast so subbing is very important, as we have been seeing it can also affect them on the offensive side of the ball also. I'm not pointing to playing hard defense as the main reason we go on scoring droughts, but it can aid in it if your not rotating guys enough.

EdwardDrayton
01-03-2023, 04:48 PM
Thought we had a slim chance against Bama if we had a couple of guys pour in an extra fifteen points. That of course did not happen. Once again if a couple of guys step up on offense we have a chance. But we are quickly learning this is a talent issue. We may yet get a win like this once in a while but it will not happen consistently.

MoreCowbell
01-03-2023, 05:40 PM
We will cover but lose

Captain Falcon
01-03-2023, 05:56 PM
I think we have a chance to beat them when they come to The Hump in a couple of weeks, but on the road will be really tough.

klong-dog
01-03-2023, 06:09 PM
I think we have a chance to beat them when they come to The Hump in a couple of weeks, but on the road will be really tough. tonight won't be close and we will not beat UT at home in a couple of weeks. They have a vet squad and play excellent D and can get scoring from anyone.

99jc
01-03-2023, 06:49 PM
i took Tenn to cover but didn't bet the house like i did on State

RocketDawg
01-03-2023, 06:58 PM
My Dish schedule has the game on ESPN2, but they're showing a high school football game. The Hail State site says it's on ESPNU. We'll see in a couple of minutes.

Maroonthirteen
01-03-2023, 07:09 PM
Damn, Tennessee hammering southern miss so far.