PDA

View Full Version : Is Young the better

parabrave
12-31-2022, 01:44 PM
QB in recent Bama history? This year he has carried that offense without the big name receivers or Lineman that Tua and Hurts had. I think he is a better passer than either/

Maverick91
12-31-2022, 02:08 PM
Probably but to be honest I dont care. The media and the announcers have ruined my perception of him. They drool �� so hard over him its just gross. He could piss on an old ladies garden and they would talk about how perfect his aim was to hit the flowers perfectly.

DownwardDawg
12-31-2022, 02:09 PM
He is outstanding

Coach34
12-31-2022, 02:13 PM
Size is something you have to worry about with him in the NFL but he is an outstanding QB

Leroy Jenkins
12-31-2022, 02:18 PM
I want to see his measureables. That's the only knock on him.

SpaceBully
12-31-2022, 02:19 PM
Who's the next great 5-Star QB BAMA will roll out for us next year?

Coach34
12-31-2022, 02:19 PM
I want to see his measureables. That's the only knock on him.

gonna be about 5'11/195

viverlibre
12-31-2022, 02:24 PM
Concur.

Vandownbytheriver
12-31-2022, 02:40 PM
He is a great college qb. His height and frame are going to get him killed if he goes somewhere like Houston. He may end up being a good nfl qb, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes the RG3 route and can't stay healthy. He has the benefit of being behind the best line in college, has outstanding playmakers all around him and is highly protected by the refs. Once he gets into the NFL and is just another guy, I think some of that shine is gonna wear off.

Cowbell
12-31-2022, 02:51 PM
Who's the next great 5-Star QB BAMA will roll out for us next year?

They are about to take a step down in the QB department

parabrave
12-31-2022, 02:54 PM
gonna be about 5'11/195

And Drew Brees was how big? Maybe 5-9 on a good day. You get him behind a good Oline with good receiver and I think he will do dam good. He makes dam good decisions and will find the open receiver.

NCDawg
12-31-2022, 02:57 PM
Its tough for us to compete with Alabama. They have too much speed, and Saban keeps recruiting the number 1 recruiting classes year after year, or pretty close to number 1. Apparently nobody accuses him of cheating, so I guess he's just good at recruiting 4 and 5 star players to come to Alabama.

Saltydog
12-31-2022, 03:01 PM
Tua T, part deaux.......Due to his size, or lack thereof, I would question dependability at the next level...........Nonetheless the guy is an outstanding collegiate QB..........

vindastra
12-31-2022, 03:03 PM
Seahawks might take him. Same height as Russel Wilson.

msstate7
12-31-2022, 03:17 PM
Seahawks might take him. Same height as Russel Wilson.

They wish. Houston taking him 1-1

Coach34
12-31-2022, 03:19 PM
And Drew Brees was how big? Maybe 5-9 on a good day. You get him behind a good Oline with good receiver and I think he will do dam good. He makes dam good decisions and will find the open receiver.

Brees was 5’11 also but stockier built. Young is def the top QB coming out this year but you’re an idiot if you don’t have size concerns for him to stay healthy.

Coach34
12-31-2022, 03:20 PM
They wish. Houston taking him 1-1

The only way Houston doesn’t take him is if some team makes them a ridiculous offer for that 1st pick

parabrave
12-31-2022, 03:27 PM
Brees was 5’11 also but stockier built. Young is def the top QB coming out this year but you’re an idiot if you don’t have size concerns for him to stay healthy.

The thing that kept Brees healthy, with the exception of the shoulder, was he got rid of the ball fast and didn't take alot of hits. Young is about the same and can scramble, not run, to extend the play. Now I won't be getting into a name calling exercise but like I said get him behind a good Oline and halfway decent receivers and he will do fine.

chef dixon
12-31-2022, 03:29 PM

Yep. Also Brees got the ball out quick. A big part of Young's game is running around to make a play. He is going to take a beating in the league

msstate7
12-31-2022, 03:29 PM
The thing that kept Brees healthy, with the exception of the shoulder, was he got rid of the ball fast and didn't take alot of hits. Young is about the same and can scramble, not run, to extend the play. Now I won't be getting into a name calling exercise but like I said get him behind a good Oline and halfway decent receivers and he will do fine.

Maybe the Brees and young comparisons continue with Sean to Houston. Saints get browns' 1st from Houston, Texans get Sean, and they draft young

parabrave
12-31-2022, 03:31 PM
Maybe the Brees and young comparisons continue with Sean to Houston. Saints get browns' 1st from Houston, Texans get Sean, and they draft young

Yep but if he gets drafted by the Jets or Texans he gonna be getting killed back there.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-31-2022, 03:33 PM
You gotta get a good coach. Pederson has made a world of difference for Trevor Lawrence.

msstate7
12-31-2022, 03:34 PM
You gotta get a good coach. Pederson has made a world of difference for Trevor Lawrence.

I think this is the most important factor for any young qb

SpaceBully
12-31-2022, 03:43 PM
This game has only proved that BAMA is without a doubt, the 4th best team in the country. And possibly higher.

Goldendawg
12-31-2022, 04:24 PM
Brees was 5?11 also but stockier built. Young is def the top QB coming out this year but you?re an idiot if you don?t have size concerns for him to stay healthy.

Young will fit in fine with all the other QB's in today's NFL that take off running, can't be hit, and then slide very far downfield. Also have to be handled with kid gloves on a "sack" or there is a roughing the passer penalty. Ask Chris Jones or any other D player in today's NFL. JMO of today's NFL game.

TheLostDawg
12-31-2022, 11:38 PM
Probably but to be honest I dont care. The media and the announcers have ruined my perception of him. They drool �� so hard over him its just gross. He could piss on an old ladies garden and they would talk about how perfect his aim was to hit the flowers perfectly.

Haha I love this

bobcat91
01-01-2023, 10:31 AM
Young is a great college QB, but is smaller than Tua and we all see how that is going. Stroud may not be as polished at this time but his talent was on full display last night. I'd draft him over Young because he has a more NFL stature