PDA

View Full Version : Pittman losing Pigs in mass.......

Saltydog
12-30-2022, 09:33 PM
26 have hit the portal.........He's gonna have to drink some more good ole cold beer..........

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/two-more-exit-hogs-leaving-sam-pittman-with-big-problem/ar-AA15PyIE?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=86fee8c28ee844239ac244567fbce8b0

Commercecomet24
12-30-2022, 09:35 PM
They were ranked number one in worst portal losses

DownwardDawg
12-30-2022, 09:42 PM
Wow!

basedog
12-30-2022, 09:43 PM
Doesn’t hurt my feeling.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2022, 09:43 PM
They gonna have trouble next year. Even if have they have a decent portal haul that's a lot of folks to replace

Commercecomet24
12-30-2022, 09:44 PM
Doesn?t hurt my feeling.

Lol right on!

SteelCurtain74
12-30-2022, 09:44 PM
Next year may be his last year. Next year's schedule will be tough. BYU at home in the non - conference and road games at LSU, Florida, and Bama. A&M is a neutral site game again in Arlington. We should be able to take care of them as well. I don't see more than 5 wins at most.

CaptainObvious
12-30-2022, 09:50 PM
26 have hit the portal.........He's gonna have to drink some more good ole cold beer..........

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/two-more-exit-hogs-leaving-sam-pittman-with-big-problem/ar-AA15PyIE?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=86fee8c28ee844239ac244567fbce8b0

When I read this at first I thought Catholic Priest were at it again. But then a reread it and figured you meant en masse.

RocketDawg
12-30-2022, 10:02 PM
When I read this at first I thought Catholic Priest were at it again. But then a reread it and figured you meant en masse.

I thought they were headed to Massachusetts. Harvard?

Cooterpoot
12-30-2022, 10:07 PM
Yes Sir!

Leroy Jenkins
12-30-2022, 10:16 PM
Juke box must've ran out of juice.

parabrave
12-30-2022, 10:31 PM
Dam has Lane been traveling to Fayetteville??

chef dixon
12-30-2022, 10:34 PM
Arkansas is just an unnecessary state. Should fold and be absorbed by surrounding states

schddog72
12-30-2022, 10:50 PM
Arkansas is just an unnecessary state. Should fold and be absorbed by surrounding states

And we should also bring out the giant circular saw (or trigger the San Andreas fault) and carve off California, Washington, and Oregon and let them float out over the pacific to China. . . . .

KOdawg1
12-30-2022, 10:55 PM
He started off hot, but ultimately he's a fatter Matt Luke

Coach34
12-30-2022, 11:18 PM
UPig has 20 signees so far including 8 4-stars....they will grab out of the portal. It's a different time in college football. They have really good players returning- including their QB. We shall see what happens

Dawgface
12-31-2022, 06:35 AM
UPig has 20 signees so far including 8 4-stars....they will grab out of the portal. It's a different time in college football. They have really good players returning- including their QB. We shall see what happens

Eight 4 stars that were starters elsewhere or not playing? The devil is in the details.

99jc
12-31-2022, 09:15 AM

we see how that worked for ole miss..I think if you rely on NIL every year for the bulk of players you never know how they will mesh. team chemistry will be a crap shoot every season.

WinningIsRelentless
12-31-2022, 09:40 AM
we see how that worked for ole miss..I think if you rely on NIL every year for the bulk of players you never know how they will mesh. team chemistry will be a crap shoot every season.

KY basketball 5-7 years ago is the case in point of this with one and done.

msstate7
12-31-2022, 10:00 AM

20 HS signees with 8 of them being 4-stars is a pretty solid base for a recruiting class imo

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-31-2022, 10:14 AM
The only problem with anyones signing class is that a huge portion of those guys could transfer out in the next year or two. It will be interesting to see the average percentage of any given class that remains with the signing school in the years to come

CaptainObvious
12-31-2022, 10:58 AM
Hmmm. I?m too lazy to look it up. How many of the 26 transfer outs were 4 star in their recruiting class?

Ari Gold
12-31-2022, 11:03 AM
Losing this many guys to the portal is bad , very bad... and how many Sr’s And guys to the draft are they losing as well?
I don’t care how many portal guys they bring in , the time frame for learning the system, adapting to the culture, new playbook, new scheme , ect.... and again there is a reason why prob over half of portal players hit the portal in the first place
Also just like incoming freshman .. yes they have a really good 2023 high school class but again freshman in the sec how many of those kids are going to be ready next year and contribute..

Will be an interesting 2023 in Pigvile..

msstate7
12-31-2022, 11:05 AM
Hmmm. I?m too lazy to look it up. How many of the 26 transfer outs were 4 star in their recruiting class?

Jacknut
12-31-2022, 11:21 AM
Losing this many guys to the portal is bad , very bad... and how many Sr’s And guys to the draft are they losing as well?
I don’t care how many portal guys they bring in , the time frame for learning the system, adapting to the culture, new playbook, new scheme , ect.... and again there is a reason why prob over half of portal players hit the portal in the first place
Also just like incoming freshman .. yes they have a really good 2023 high school class but again freshman in the sec how many of those kids are going to be ready next year and contribute..

Will be an interesting 2023 in Pigvile..

Exactly. How many of those 4 stars will be ready to contribute on day one?

msstate7
12-31-2022, 11:25 AM
Who knows if it works out for ark or not, but it can work... lsu brought in 15 transfers last year, and they made the sec championship. Fact is, this is all new, so no one knows the correct strategy yet.

chef dixon
12-31-2022, 12:52 PM
Portal is how Pittman made them good year 1. It is however a crap shoot

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2022, 05:26 PM
Portal is how Pittman made them good year 1. It is however a crap shoot

I know that 3-7 was an improvement over two straight seasons of 2-10, but I don't know that I would have called them "good" in Pittman's first season.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2022, 05:44 PM
I know one thing if we were losing 26 to the portal this board would've melted all the way through the earth. Heck it about did with Rara and Dillon.

Really Clark?
12-31-2022, 05:48 PM
I know one thing if we were losing 26 to the portal this board would've melted all the way through the earth. Heck it about did with Rara and Dillon.

1000% Truth right there^^^^

basedog
12-31-2022, 05:50 PM

Big time. I’m afraid it’s gonna get worse in the future with how things are at the present.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2022, 05:56 PM
Big time. I’m afraid it’s gonna get worse in the future with how things are at the present.

It's just something everyone has to get used to now. It's free agency every year now.

basedog
12-31-2022, 06:00 PM
It's just something everyone has to get used to now. It's free agency every year now.

If they will at least say all underclassman have to sit a year.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2022, 06:33 PM
If they will at least say all underclassman have to sit a year.

I agree. Gotta do something it's really just chaos right now.

Cowbell
12-31-2022, 06:55 PM

I would log off for a while. 100% truth

Cowbell
12-31-2022, 06:56 PM
I'm telling you guys the next thing is number of schollies want matter at all. They don't now but no one has taken advantage yet

Commercecomet24
12-31-2022, 07:41 PM
I would log off for a while. 100% truth

I would too!!!

Todd4State
12-31-2022, 09:02 PM
I'm telling you guys the next thing is number of schollies want matter at all. They don't now but no one has taken advantage yet

Only a matter of time before Saban figures that out.

Todd4State
12-31-2022, 09:03 PM
I would too!!!

They'll probably have to institute hard roster limits.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2022, 09:27 PM
They'll probably have to institute hard roster limits.

They're gonna have to come up with a cap of some sort. Pro sports learned it long ago.

WPS
12-31-2022, 11:09 PM
Who knows if it works out for ark or not, but it can work... lsu brought in 15 transfers last year, and they made the sec championship. Fact is, this is all new, so no one knows the correct strategy yet.

Yeah TCU had a TON of transfers too, I think they brought in like 25 guys. And they?re playing for a national title.

I?m actually pretty excited about it. Most of the ones leaving are non contributors or not good culture fits as evidenced by the disappointing year. Arkansas has had some good success through the portal with Drew Sanders, Dwight McGlothern, John Ridgeway, Matt Landers and others under Pittman. Even Feleipe Franks got some NFL looks.

Lord knows we could use a total overhaul in the secondary with as bad as it was. Also close to signing our best high school recruiting class in a while that could contribute. Next year will be a big one for Sam.

TUSK
01-01-2023, 04:22 AM
Yeah TCU had a TON of transfers too, I think they brought in like 25 guys. And they?re playing for a national title.

I?m actually pretty excited about it. Most of the ones leaving are non contributors or not good culture fits as evidenced by the disappointing year. Arkansas has had some good success through the portal with Drew Sanders, Dwight McGlothern, John Ridgeway, Matt Landers and others under Pittman. Even Feleipe Franks got some NFL looks.

Lord knows we could use a total overhaul in the secondary with as bad as it was. Also close to signing our best high school recruiting class in a while that could contribute. Next year will be a big one for Sam.

I was just kiddin' bout stealin' Drew....

Saltydog
01-01-2023, 08:03 AM

You thought this year was going to be a big one too. Oh wait, it was big. A big steaming pile of pig shit.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2023, 11:13 AM
I believe with NIL and the free for all transfers you're going to see teams implode with big losses on a regular basis now. Bad teams, teams that loses coaches, not happy with something, etc. The kids are just going to haul ass.
This scenario forced us to hire a staff member when Leach passed. We couldn't wait on a coach search. Kids would've starting bolting.

WPS
01-01-2023, 11:26 AM
You thought this year was going to be a big one too. Oh wait, it was big. A big steaming pile of pig shit.

Didn?t really mean big as in successful, just important.

But yeah we lost a ton of close games this year that we lost last year, disappointing for sure.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2023, 05:29 PM
I believe with NIL and the free for all transfers you're going to see teams implode with big losses on a regular basis now. Bad teams, teams that loses coaches, not happy with something, etc. The kids are just going to haul ass.
This scenario forced us to hire a staff member when Leach passed. We couldn't wait on a coach search. Kids would've starting bolting.

Pretty much it in a nutshell.

TheLostDawg
01-02-2023, 10:37 AM

Yeah big difference losing your 3 string vs returning 1-2 deep players.
However losing 3 deep hurts in long run if you're not recruiting replacements and nail transfers

basedog
01-02-2023, 11:34 AM
Anytime you lose 25 players is not a good sign, just says something is bad wrong.

Tripp McNeely
01-02-2023, 11:57 AM
Anytime you lose 25 players is not a good sign, just says something is bad wrong.

...at the very least, the coaches player evaluation abilities

Commercecomet24
01-02-2023, 12:19 PM

Agree 100%. Hard to spin it as a positive.

WPS
01-02-2023, 05:23 PM
Agree 100%. Hard to spin it as a positive.

It?s tough to deal with for sure, but happening at a lot of places. NFL free agency basically. With tampering, NIL and everything else going on it?s going to be rare that players stay at the same school for three years anymore.